Blood Wounds | ANY โœ”

By ATHENA_AKI

Everyone knew about King Il's two daughters. The youngest, Yona, was known for her vibrant red hair in Kouka... More

S Y N O P S I S
Memories(The Name Sea Weed)
[1] Yona and Rue
[2] Coming of Age
[3] Letter
[4] Happy Birthday
[5] Misunderstandings
[6] Cliffs
[7] Priest
[9] Deaths
[10] Midnight
[11] Reality
[12] Fights
[13] Son Hak
[14] Sunrise and Sunsets
[15] The stars know everything
[16] Morning Of Reveals
[17] Grab On Tight
[18] Fireworks of Pain
[19] The one who always hides
[20] The Bitter Memoirs of the Past
[21] ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
[22] War of Hearts
[23] Iliza Scarlet: The Vanity of Awa
[24] The Dawn Has Broken
[25] Departure of the free
[26] The Girl Who Cried Wolf
[27] Farewell, Port Awa
[28] The sky that is gone
[29] Her Hatred
[30] Jae-Ha, Dragon of the Skies
[31] Digging Into The Past
[32] The Prophecy & Zeno's question
[33] The Phoenix and The New Era
Book 2

[8] Port Awa

4.1K 170 42
By ATHENA_AKI

When we are born, we are crying, however as we grow up, we learn to hide our cries. In this world, everyone is wearing a mask, to which only they know the truth. How sad, it is that, we seek refuge in music and others, rather than, seeking it in ourselves.

She was also like that, however she gave up on finding refuge in others, a long time ago. As a child, she was neglected by everyone, except for her mother. Her mother was her heaven on Earth, and her father? He hated her. She saw it in his eyes.

She didn't really have friends growing up. Rue studied and learned about politics, at the mere age of eight, while her sister spent her time playing with her friends. She used to envy Yona. She was jealous of how everyone loved and cared for Yona, while she was forgotten.

After a certain amount of time, at the age of nine, she noticed a certain pattern in her mother's behavior. Her mother, the Queen, had become distant from her. And for the first time, the Queen had forgotten her birthday. Rue had finally turned 10 however, she spent it alone, as the whole palace was in festive mood for Yona's birthday.

Rue, realised that day, that she really was alone. No one was beside her. Until they came. Two boys who went by the names, Min-Soo and Ayato. For the first time in her life she felt loved and cared for. Min-Soo was close to her, but she and Ayato, were more than friends.

Over time, she fell in love with him. On her fifteenth birthday, they finally confessed to each other. Since then, they went on many secret outings, however, at the age of eighteen, her life crumbled. And then came those memories.

As Rue walked through the port town, her hood on, she could not help but wonder about the happy smiles but dull eyes of the people. She was so engrossed in her thoughts, that she bumped into someone.

Her yellow eyes sharply looked at the official. Her hood fell off when they bumped. The official gave her a look, and grabbed her wrist.

"Hey there! I can show you a good time. Just come with me."

But she simply shrugged off his hand and walked past him, raging him. Just as he was about to grab her, she swiftly kicked him in the gut. The official's eyes widened as he fell to the ground.

Bystanders crowded around her and the fallen official, as they watched them. Catching a glimpse of green hair, she smirked ever so slightly, and ran through the crowd.

Just as she passed the green haired man, their eyes met, and as if time had stopped for a few moments, his purple eyes widened when she smirked at him.

Time returned to its original pace, as her purplish-black hair passed him, and he turned around and gazed at her disappearing silhouette.

Rue ran with her hair flowing behind her, she found him. No doubt, he was who she thought he was. She took a sharp turn into an alley, and leaned against the wall, as she watched the officers pass her.

Sensing a sudden presence, she turned around and narrowed her eyes, before putting on a smile The green haired man, panted as he held up one hand, telling her to wait. She watched him catch his breathe, before standing straight.

"You run quite fast, I must say." He complimented. However, she stayed quiet.

"My name is Jae-Ha, and you are my lady? I would remember a beautiful girl as you, if I saw you here."

"Jae-Ha? I see. My name is, well, it is Rue. So, you are the renowned Ryokuryuu."

The green haired male narrowed his eyes, his warm demeanor now cold. His eyes became icy as they looked at her in sudden anger.

"How do you know who I am? Have you come to seek my power and make me your slave? How do you—" He could not continue speaking as he felt his body in pain, as he felt his dragon leg throbbing. It felt like his blood was rushing backwards, as he heard a male voice.

"Upon the dragon's blood bestowed upon me, I vow that I will always stand by your side. That our bond as warriors will not perish."

"You... who are you....." He said in gasps., and attempted to stand but couldn't as pain shot through his legs.

"I am not anyone important." The simple answer made him furrow his brows at her. This girl was clearly someone important. Someone, who could make him react like this was not anyone minor and yet she denied the fact.

"No? Do not lie to me." He said darkly.

"I'm not. I'm just a wanderer. With my own goals and objectives." She said in a low voice before turning away, pulling the hood over her head.

He could not help but notice how her eyes were so blank despite her smile. Even though, she was frank, he could not help but feel unsettled to see the blank look in her eyes.

She was about to leave, when he called out to her.

"If you think, you can get rid of me so easily, you are mistaken, Rue-chan. Because I will find you again." He challenged her.

"I know, I know. You're quite persistent, I can tell. Quite charming, too." She grinned before putting her hood back on, "See you later!" She waved back.

With that she left, her hood on as she gave him one last glance and disappeared down the path. Jae-Ha leaned against the wall, and chuckled ever so lightly.

"Trust me, I will find you, because you lit a fire in me. And only you can dim it."

Rue sat near the fire that she made, her knee pulled towards her chest, as her leg loosely lay on the ground. She had gotten out of the cloak, and her hair was pulled back into a high ponytail.

She let a sigh, as she took out a picture. Her eyes saddened as she stared at it. She would have done anything to get her happy times back. Her happily ever after. Eventually, her eyes drifted close, and she fell asleep.

---✧---

The group look at the sea in excitement. It was the first time for them, to see the ocean as they watched in fascination. Hak, in amusement, remembers the last time he came here.

"Port Awa? It has been a while since I have been here."

"So, this is what a port city looks like? It is really pretty!"

"I agree Princess."

"Oi White Snake, hold onto my weapon, while I visit the city."

Hak threw his spear at Kija and walked away from his bickering. While Yun, explains to Yona that they need to be careful, because of their strange group meanwhile Shin-Ah slightly feels a presence and eyes watching him, before they dissapear.

"I am not a White Snake! How dare you call a scared being-

"Ki-Ja!" Hak gives him a commanding glance and Ki-Ja smirks lightly.

"Go on, I will be here with them and her."

~~•~~

As Hak walk throughs the city he can not help but notice the suspicious town. His eyes widen when they catch a glimpse of purplish-black hair and yellow eyes, in the crowd, before they move away. He chases after the figure and stops when he can not see them anymore.

"Help! Please let me!" A woman yells.

Hak sees a few officers pulling a woman, as all the other people just pass by as if nothing is wrong. He tries to ignore them.

Don't get involved. It will only cause problems for the others.

Remember Rue, you're keeping a low profile.

"SOMEONE! HELP!"

The official was met with two feet to his face, and another kick to his gut.

"Aish. I have done it."

"Now, that isn't a way to charm a lady."

"Damn, this port city needs to raise it's standards."

"Hmm?" The three of them turn to each other, as shock fills their eyes.

"Rue!"

"Ojou-Chan!"

"Not the time! Run!"

With that Rue pulled the girl by her hand, as the two men followed them.

"They seem to have left. Lady, these guys will drop you to your place." Rue said before running past Hak and Jae-Ha.

"Hak, Jae-Ha! See ya later!"

"Rue, wait!"

However she had already left. The green haired man also dissapeared as Hak was left alone.

"How did I get stuck here....?" He mumbled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.3K 3K 25
You y/n, former personal servant to the late princess Yona, are traveling around Kouka kingdom after the death of king-il II and his precious daughte...
81.5K 3.1K 74
โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ช๐ฎ๐ข๐ž๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ข๐๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ซ, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๏ฟฝ...
27.7K 734 13
You know the original story of Yona and the Dragons, but what if there was another person there helping the gang out along the way? This story follow...