The Oceans Call

By that_island_girl

Steven McGarrett is the commander and head of Hawaii's number one crime fighting task force. With his partner... More

|1| Somewhere New
|2| Ka Hoʻomaka (getting started)
|3| Ke Kāhea (the call)
|4| Winner Winner, Shrimp Dinner
|5| Extreme Heat
|6| Moʻolelo Mōʻaukala (history)
|7| Surf Lessons
|8| Kaʻaina (dinner)
|9| Date Night
|10| Interrogation
|11| Turn Ons
|12| Mahalo
|13| Momma's Home
|14| Filler
|15| e kahaha (surprise)
|16| hoaaloha pili loa
|17| Maui Life
|18| Hopena (destiny)
|19| ohana
|20| Family Time
|21| aloha wau iā 'oe (I love you)
|22| inoa inoa
|23| Remaking Old Memories
|24| Birthday Bash
|25| Floor Pancakes
|26| Opportunities
|27| Haunting Past
|28| Moving Foward
|29| Worries
|30| ke wehe ana
|31| Turning Pages
|32| Little Bit Of Truth
|34| The Days Of Our Lives

|33| Wo Fat

2.4K 43 0
By that_island_girl

STEVE'S POV

"Alright, thank you for coming in guys." I say as we all stand around the computer board.

"Of course, Steve."

"Are you gonna tell us what this is all about?" Danny asks impatiently. 

"No. No I just figured you all would stand around aimlessly." I say sarcastically.  Danny just rolls his eyes at me. "Yes, okay. So of course, Dorris is back. She finally told me why Wo Fat has been coming after us and why he's trying to meet with her. Dorris took out Wo Fat's mother when an op went sideways in '87. Then she helped Yao fake his own death and go into hiding. We're thinking that Wo Fat got word that his father is still alive and that Dorris was behind it all."

"Where's Dorris now?" Chin asks. 

"She's back at my house with Brook."

"You left your girlfriend to babysit your crazy mother?"

"First of- yes. Sure Daniel. Anyways, we need to set up a meeting with my mother and Wo Fat. And before you ask, yes I told her this was a dumb idea, but she wouldn't let it go. So, now we have to do this. We can't let him know that we are right outside. Because I need this to go down the right way, and with Wo Fat behind bars." 

"So what are you thinking boss?" Kono asks.

"I'm thinking I call Wo Fat, I tell him I have my mother and she has agreed to meet with him. Just her. She will be wearing a wire with a tracker so we can hear and see where he takes her. We follow them, we take him before he does anything stupid." My phone starts ringing and I pull it out of my pocket. 

"McGarrett. What? Right now? We're on our way." I hang up and grab all my stuff off the table.

"What's going on?" Danny asks.

"He's already done something stupid. DAMN IT! Okay, we gotta go." I start to run out to my car and everyone follows me out.

"STEVE! What's going on?!" Danny asks as I jump in his car.

"Wo Fat's already at my house. I just got a call from HPD."

"Let's go."

BROOKLYNS POV

"Dorris, go into that closet. Do not leave that closet!" I say as Dorris gets into the closet in the guest room. I grab the gun from Steve's nightstand and stand outside of Steve's room, and watch the front door swing open.

"Doooooris. I know you're in here. I just want to talk." Wo Fat says as he starts ransacking the house. 

"She can't talk right now." I say with the gun pointed in his direction. He quickly turns around and points his gun up at me.

"Who are you?" 

"Not important. What I do think is important, is that you leave. I think it would be for the best."

"Come on. I just want to talk to her." He says with a smug look on his face.

"Yeah, well. Unfortunately, she doesn't want to talk right now."

"I'm afraid she doesn't have much of a choice." He says as he starts to come up the stairs.  

"Brook. Hunny, would you give us a minute?" Dorris says coming out of the guest room.

"What-what did I tell you?" I ask her, getting angry. 

"See? Looks like she can talk." 

"No. No. This is not happening."

"HPD!" Someone yells as they barge in the house. Wo Fat reacts quickly and grabs me and puts the gun to my head, causing me to drop mine.

"HEY! HEY! Don't do anything stupid. You wanna talk? We're gonna talk."

"Guys, just give us a minute?" I say to the police. 

"I'm afraid-" They start, but Dorris cuts them off.

"Just a couple minutes. Thank you?" She smiles at them and they back out of the house. Wo Fat let's go of me, but not without hesitation of knocking me out with the butt of his gun. 

STEVE'S POV

"Wo Fat! Come on buddy! This is enough!" I say as my team and I go into my house. I give Chin and Kono the signal to search downstairs. Danny and I make our way upstairs. We hear a gunshot and run up the stairs. I see Brooklyn laying on the floor, unconscious with blood on her forehead. "Brook!" I run over to her and check for a pulse.  I look up at Danny and nod, confirming she has a pulse. Danny opens the door to the bedroom and we both go in, seeing my mother with a gun in her hand, and no Wo Fat. "Where is he?" I ask as I search around the room, and then notice the window is open.

"He got away." She says, looking like she's trying to fake being in shock.

"Hey got away? How the hell did he manage that? You're the one with the gun!"

"I missed. Okay?"

"You missed? Mom you don't miss!"

"He tried to grab me, I shot to try and scare him away."

"Steve." Danny says. I look over at him and he's staring at bullet holes in the ground. 

"You, you don't move." I say pointing at Dorris, and then rushing back out to Brooklyn. "Brook, hey Brook. Wake up." I say as I kneel down to her, slightly lifting her head up. She slowly starts to move and open her eyes. "Hey. Hey, you're okay." I say with a smile of relief. 

"What happened? Where's Wo Fat? Is Dorris okay?"

"Everything is is fine. Dorris is fine."

"Where's Wo Fat?"

"He's uhh, he's gone."

"I'm so sorry." She says as she starts to cry.

"It's fine. I promise. Look, okay. You're fine, Dorris is fine. I'm fine." I look back at the nasty gash on her head. "We need to get you to a doctor." I help Brooklyn stand up.

"Steve?" Chin says from downstairs.

"Yeah?"

"HPD has something you might want to see."

"Okay." Brooklyn and I walk downstairs and I help her sit down on the couch. I walk outside to all the HPD cars and notice they have someone in cuffs. "You son of a bitch." I say as I walk up to Wo Fat and swing my fist across his face. He jolts to the side, taking the blow I just gave to him. He stands back up straight and just smirks at me. "Oh, oh you wanna smirk? You think that's funny? Cause I sure as hell could do it again."

"Oh commander, I know you could. Everyone okay in there?"

"Don't you pretend like you care! Get him away from me. I don't want to see him." I tell one of the officers. "How did you get him?" I ask as I walk over to Duke.

"One of the officers we had sitting outside the house saw him trying to flee the house after we heard shots. They actually ended up getting a shot off and hit his leg. They were able to catch him then."

"Thank you, Duke. Take him back to the palace. Let him sit in the interrogation room. I want guards outside of the room. I'll be there later. I got some stuff to do." I just smirk back at Wo Fat as he sat in the back of the police car. "Ambulance is almost here. We'll get your head checked out. You okay?" I ask Brook as I walk back inside my house.

"I'm fine, Steve."

"I know you are." I put my hand on her shoulder and smile at her. "I'm gonna go relieve Danny of keeping my mother in a confined space. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Okay." She just smiles up at me. I walk upstairs and go into the room with Danny and Dorris.

"Why did you let him go mom?"

"I already told you, Steven."

"No, you lied to me. Are you protecting him?" She doesn't answer me. "Why are you protecting him, Dorris?"

"There's a lot to this you just wouldn't understand, Steve. Just let it go."

"I'm not just gonna let this go. For now, I have to get Brooklyn to the hospital, and then I have to go throw Wo Fat's ass in prison."

"You caught him?"

"Yeah mom, we did. You surprised?"

"A little. I'm glad you did."

"I'm sure." I walk out of the room and Danny and my mom follow me downstairs. 

"Should we go get your head all fixed up?" I ask Brook as I help her stand up.

"That sounds like a good idea." We walk out to the ambulance and the team follows us to the hospital...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 740 44
*UNDERGOING EDITING AND SMALL CHANGES RANKED #1 IN #DADSBESTFRIEND TROPE My gaze was fixed on Weston, wanting to look away so he didn't see me but...
42.5K 752 20
fluff/smut filled adventures with hawaii's favourite crime-fighting boys
118K 2K 28
When Sami booked plane ticket to Hawaii she never in a million years expected to meet Steve and fall in love. But her life is in LA and he spends his...
1.7K 16 39
Something is wrong with Steve, but he doesn't talk to anyone about it. He now urgently needs the support of his friends, because in the background an...