|12| Mahalo

I was in the kitchen making pancakes when I hear a floorboard creek behind me

I was in the kitchen making pancakes when I hear a floorboard creek behind me. I turn around quickly and see Steve leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed and a smile across his face.

"Nooo. You weren't supposed to home yet."
I say with a pouty face.

"It's two in the morning. When did you want me to be home?"

"Well I wanted to make the pancakes and then have them ready for you in bed." Steve just raises one eyebrow.

"Yeah?" He walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Yeah. I told you I'd be waiting for you right where I was this morning didn't I?"

"It's late. It's been a long day and I'm sure you're tired baby." He leaves small kisses down my neck. "Why don't we just go bed, okay?"

"But I don't want to disappoint you."

"You make me feel everything except disappointed. I'm just happy you're here. I didn't except to come home and you even be here-"

"Oh my god, I didn't even ask if it was cool I was here. I can-"

"No no no. I don't want you to go. It's amazing that you're here." He reaches around me and turns the stove off. "I'm going to put these in the fridge and I will warm them up in the morning, okay? Why don't you go get ready for bed." I turn around so I'm facing him. I place my hand on his cheek and just smile. He smiles back and I head upstairs. I could feel his eyes on me until I got around the corner and I just smile. Once I got into his room I took my cloths off and slid on one of his blue shirts and crawl into bed. The bedroom door opens and Steve quietly gets out of his work clothes and slides into bed next to me. I scoot back closer to him and I feel him start playing with my hair. I just smile and doze off.

I wake up and see Steve still asleep, one arm above his head and the other under my head. I kiss his cheek and a small smile forms on his face.
"Good morning." Steve says quietly.

"Good morning." He rolls over to face me.

"Thank you for staying over last night. I really enjoy when you're around."

"Thank you for letting me stay over. I know I kind of bombarded you when you got home."

"You can always stay over. Coming home and seeing you in my kitchen was a great surprise."

"Yeah?"

"Oh yeah. Seeing your pretty face right when I get home from a long day." I smile and lean over to kiss him. He meets me half way and I feel a smile form on his lips. It doesn't take long for the kiss to become heated. He gets on top of me and I wrap my legs around him, pulling him closer. I put my hand on the bottom on his neck as I feel his hand slide down my leg and grab my butt. We roll over so that I am sitting on top of him and I unbutton the top button of the shirt I was wearing and slowly pull it off over my head as Steve's eyes gaze up and down my body. A small smirk forms on his mouth and he starts to sit up to meet my lips with his.