|22| inoa inoa

Steve's POV

Steve's POV

Brooklyn and her family left for the airport after they dropped me back off at my house so I could pick up my truck. I quickly pack a bag and throw it in the back of my truck and head to the palace. Once I walk into the office, everyone looked over to me.

"WHAT the HELL are you doing here?" Danny asks me.

"My job?" I say as I walk past him over to the monitors where they had a ton of information pulled up about our current case. "Is that Wo Fat...Is that my mother? Why is my mother up here?"

"We think she is somehow connected to the case, Steve." Kono says to me.

"And why do you think that?"

"Well one because it was Wo Fat's men that we caught and you ended up GETTING SHOT BY!" Danny says. "After you were taken to the hospital, Wo Fat called...we think."

"What did he say?"

"He said that if we don't bring him Shelbourne, your broken arm and a bullet hole will be the least of our worries."

"Shelbourne? What is that?"

"More like who is that." Chin says. "All the clues are leading to your mother. We found some of the things that were stolen from your house, out of your fathers old tool box. It was stashed in Wo Fat's safe house that we were at yesterday."

"That still doesn't answer why my mom would be Shelbourne."

"Here's what we know. This so called Shelbourne went off the grid the same time Doris was so called dead, then resurfaced around the same time your father was killed, then again the first time she ever came back and we found out she was alive. After doing more digging through Wo Fat's information on Shelbourne, he has been tracking them on Maui for the past two months, then a few days ago, Shelbourne showed up on the island."

"I mean, yes...that does hint to my mother. But why? Why would he want my mother?"

"He won't say. Anytime we get the chance to ask him, something happens."

"So what now? I mean we all know I can't just ask Doris if she is this so called Shelbourne character. And why would she go by Shelbourne?"

"We think it's the alias she was going under while she was pretending she was dead."

"Alright. So I want a team on her, watching her. See where she goes. What she's doing. I want her phone traced. I want to know who she's been talking to. Got it?"

"Got it boss." Kono says. "Now, get out of here. You need to heal and you have somewhere to be."

"Take it easy for a couple days Steve. For the love of God." Danny says.

"Fine, but first thing you find out, I want a call. Right away."

"Copy that." Chin says.

"Get out of here!" Danny says pushing me out.

"Fine. I just have some things I need to do in my office and then I will be out of here."

"You have twenty minutes." Danny says. I just roll my eyes and walk into my office. I decide to take a couple steps into my own hand and run a trace on my mothers cell phone records. I find a few numbers that were called multiple times and saved them to look up later. I also sent a request down to Fong to try and get him to trace where Doris's phone has been in the past few months. Normally I wouldn't have Fong do it, but I can't have the rest of the team knowing I'm doing this yet.

"Times up! Get out of here!" Danny says as he knocks on my door. I just roll my eyes and pack my laptop into my bag. I walk out of my office and everyone looks at me.

"I'm leaving. Geez."

"Have fun boss." Kono says as I walk past them.

"Thanks Kono."

"I love you!" Danny says, mostly just mocking me.

"Love you too!" I walk out of the office and leave for the airport. It was only about a ten minute flight to Maui so I was there pretty quick. The whole flight I just kept trying to talk myself out of the fact that somehow Doris is connected to Wo Fat. But how? There's no way. This just has to be a coincidence...please let this be a coincidence...