|9| Date Night

"Coconut shrimp

"Coconut shrimp." I say.

"Same here." My cousin Mikey says. They hand us our food and we go sit at a table.

"I'm so glad we finally get to hang out." I tell Mikey.

"Me too. I haven't seen you and Everest in years. Luckily my work brought me here for the week, and it was perfect timing to see you guys."

"I know, I'm so happy you're here. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too."

"How do you like the shrimp?" I ask him, as I take a bite of mine.

"It's really good. We don't have anything like this back home, so I love it."

"Haha good." Out of nowhere, Mikey gets a really worried look on his face.

"They look tough." Mikey says looking behind me. I turn around and smile.

"Ehhh, they're alright."

"You know them?" I feel hands on my shoulder and Steve kisses the top of my head.
"Hi beautiful."

"Hi." I say looking up and him and smiling.

"I'll take that as a yes." Mikey says, faking a smile.

"Mikey, this is Steve. Commander of five 0. And that's Danny, Kono, and Chin. Guys, this is my cousin Mikey."

"How's it going?" Steve asks, shaking his hand.

"Pretty good. I'm in Hawaii so couldn't get much better."

"Yeah, you here just for a visit?"

"And a little bit of business."

"Yeah? What do you do?"

"I buy and sell properties around the US. Fix them up a little when they need it."

"That sounds super awesome man."

"Yeah, it's pretty fun most of the time."

"Well, if you don't mind, can I borrow Brooklyn for a second?"

"Yeah man, go for it." Steve smiles and grabs my hand.

"Thank you. We will be right back." I smile, a little confused. We walk over to Steve's truck and walk around to the passenger side, where we are blocked from all of the people. Steve just looks at me and smiles. "Hi." He says with a cheesy grin.

"Haha, hi." I smile back and he leans down and kisses me.

"I missed you."

"You were only gone for two days. Speaking of which, I thought you were supposed to be in Maui today?"

"We got a lead here, so we came back. We have some people over there searching for more evidence."

"Sounds exciting."