Archangel - Warren Worthington

By LaurenB1106

I hope you enjoy! I am currently going back and editing all of the chapters and adding a few more events into... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 2

1.9K 33 13
By LaurenB1106

Cassidy's P.O.V.

The next morning, I woke up bright and early at 6 AM so I could get to the jet on time. Luckily, I normally woke up at about 8 and the jet was leaving at 7, so everyone would think I was still asleep. It was about 30 minutes before the jet was supposed to leave and there was still no sign of Jean. We had come up with a plan which required her to sneak me onto the plane. She would make sure to implant thoughts into Professor X's head to make sure he wouldn't check on me for the rest of the day. She was supposed to inform me if the plan was working or not, but so far nothing had come through. I was hiding behind the jet waiting for the X-men to arrive. I was going to fill them in on my plan as soon as they came to the jet and I was pretty certain they would be fine with it. Finally, Jean's voice echoed in my head.

"Operation 'Get Cassidy into the X-men' is a go!" She sounded confident and excited.

"Jean, I wouldn't go that far. I mean, I just want to prove that I can be helpful on missions," I replied, rolling my eyes playfully, a smile on my lips.

"Whatever you say." Jean chuckled.

I rolled my eyes again, but quickly ducked down when I heard footsteps coming towards the plane. Suddenly, a finger tapped me on the shoulder. I screamed and jumped up, ready to punch whoever just scared the crap out of me.

"Hey, relax. It's just me." Peter said, holding back laughter behind his smile.

I sighed, rolling my eyes for the third time in a row and playfully shoved his shoulder.

"Ow! What was that for?" He asked as he tenderly rubbed his shoulder, frowning at me.

"That was for scaring the crap out of me" I replied, frowning back, fighting to keep my smile back.

"OK fine, I'm sorry, I won't do it again." he said, raising his hands up in defeat

Peter has always been like an older brother to me. We always joke around with each other and he always stands by my side, even if he knows I'm wrong. Sometimes though, he can be very overprotective, like Uncle X. I was just hoping Peter wouldn't try to stop me from going on this mission.

"What are you doing here, anyway? Shouldn't you be on headset?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"New plan. I'm coming with you guys on this mission" I smiled, shrugging my shoulders as though it was no big deal.

He raised both his brows this time, pressing his lips together in a thin line, painting a look of confusion and concern on his face.

"Did Professor X approve of this? I mean, you know it's going to be really danger-" he didn't have time to finish his thought.

"Don't worry about me, Peter. I know how to take care of myself. I appreciate your concern, I really do, but I have everything under control. Besides, if things go well today, Uncle X might let me start training again." I said, cutting him off mid-sentence

"OK, but promise me you'll stay with either me or Jean the whole time. Alright?" He asked, extending his pinkie out to me.

"I promise." I sighed and linked pinkies with him.

There was nothing for Peter to worry about. Sure, it had been a few years since I had done any combat training but there was no way I had forgotten everything...right?

Peter and I then boarded the plane together and everyone's faces lit up when they saw me.

"Cassidy, did Professor X finally agree to let you come on a mission with us?" Jubilee asked as she ran up to me and hugged me.

"Umm...something like that," I said, shrugging my shoulders as I returned her hug

She pulled me towards the seat next to hers and I gladly sat down. I hadn't really taken the time to process that this would be my first unofficial mission. Heck, this would be my first time leaving the X-mansion in years.

A few minutes later, an announcement came through the intercom, stating that the jet would be departing and that we were required to securely fasten our seatbelts. I did as the instructions said and took a deep breath, calming my nerves. My eyes were glued to the scenery outside the window as the jet started gliding down the runway and eventually took off.

I chatted away with Jubilee about how excited I was. However, during our conversation, I was finding it hard to stop looking outside the window. The clouds were almost mesmerizing. I felt so free, being so high up in the sky.

"Sorry to be annoying, but we should probably sleep through the plane ride. After all, we have a big mission ahead of us" Jean said after about an hour.

I will admit, I had woken up quite early but I definitely wasn't in the mood to sleep. There were too many exciting thoughts in my head about the upcoming mission.

"Don't worry guys, I brought pillows and blankets" Jubilee exclaimed, gesturing to a giant pile in the corner

Then again, maybe a soft pillow and blanket would help. We all nodded and hurried over to the pile.

"Oh, um we'll probably be one short cause I didn't realize you were coming, Cassidy," Jubilee said

"No problem. Jean and I can share," Scott said nudging Jean playfully

All of us thought that Jean and Scott would make a cute couple, but they weren't officially boyfriend and girlfriend yet. It would be quite a long time before either of them built up the courage to confess their feelings.

I winked at Jean and she gave me a death glare

"It's not like that" her voice came through in my mind

"Whatever you say" I replied mimicking what she had said earlier

Once we were all settled back in our seats with our blankets and pillows, the lights of the jet slowly started to dim. I saw that Scott and Jean were cuddling under a blanket and I smiled to myself. I then saw Peter reach under his seat and pull out a box of twinkies. He walked over and plopped himself down in the seat next to me.

"Want one?" he asked offering the box to me

I gladly took a twinkie and thanked Peter.

"Cassidy, I know we talked about this before but just please be careful. I-I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt. You're like a sister to me. I mean, who else would I eat twinkies with?" He said after we both finished our twinkies.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him "I know. I'll be careful"

"We should probably get some sleep. G'night, Cassidy," He said walking back over to his seat

"Night, Peter." I said as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

____________________________________________

I was woken up by a jolt from the plane. It looked like the same thing happened to everyone else too. There was a faint memory of what seemed like angel wings still left in my mind from my dream. I couldn't exactly remember what exactly my dream was, and decided to push the thought away in order to focus on the mission. I almost never remembered my dreams so this one shouldn't be any different. I looked over to see Jubilee yawn and Peter rub his eyes. Scott stretched out his arms and quickly stood up so that no one would notice he had been cuddling with Jean earlier. I chuckled quietly as I looked out the window to see that the plane was starting its descent. The scenery from earlier this morning had changed completely and the sky was dark. Because of the time difference, it was late at night in East Berlin, the perfect time for an underground cage fight.

"Guys we're here," Jean said "Everyone get your disguises on"

Everyone quickly hurried to the bathrooms and Jean tossed me a leather jacket with some boots

This type of clothing was definitely not what I normally wear, but I would do whatever it takes to make this mission a success.

"Woah, you look almost unrecognizable" Jubilee giggled as soon as I had finished changing

"So do you" I smiled in return

Once everyone was changed we all hurried off the plane, and into the secluded alley. Everyone looked so different in their disguises it was kind of hard to recognize them.

"You're going to be with me and Peter, so follow close" Jean whispered in my ear.

Peter then nodded at Jubilee and Scott who went off in the opposite direction. Peter, Jean, and I then walked a little further down the alley until we got to a door. Peter then knocked 4 times. The signal. A broad guy with a bunch of tattoos and a leather jacket draped over his shoulder opened the door a crack.

Peter then nodded at the man and he opened the door further motioning for us to come in. As soon as we walked in the sounds of people yelling and cheering filled my ears. I had been walking behind Jean and Peter but stopped whenever I saw the giant cage in the middle.

There was a guy who looked around my age standing in the middle flapping his giant wings. The wings would have been beautiful, almost like the ones in my dream, except they looked broken and had stains of dried blood all over. For some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

When I finally forced myself to look away from the cage Jean and Peter were gone.

I hope that you guys enjoyed Chapter 2 of Archangel! If you like my story please feel free to vote. Have a great day : )

- edited 4/20/20 -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 302 51
|Second Place in Fan Fiction category of the Majestic Awards 2018| The X-Men has defeated Apocalypse and the world is happy. The big threat is over a...
39.3K 1.5K 70
What will happen when Charles and Erik meet a mysterious mutant who is capable of controlling them? What will happen when they fall in love with her...
159K 4.5K 32
Y/n is a mutant with a bad history, but what happens when you make friends with a waitress and a professor just like you. Ranks: #1 Charles #1 Erikle...