Another Flower || James Potter

Par chenevamaggie

The one where Daisy Evans decided to step out from the shadows. Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 4

74.8K 1.9K 2.2K
Par chenevamaggie

"Black is so stupid," Daisy said.

"Yeah! He thinks you'll go out with him after he thought that you were a transfer student yesterday!" replied Alice.

"Anyways, we've got to finish our homework before Lily and her gang arrive," said Daisy.

"Touchè," said Alice.

"First, let's finish our 10 inch potions essay," said Daisy.

Their essay was about forgetfulness potions, what they do, and the ingredients involved.

"Step one

Add 2 drops of Lethe River Water to your cauldron by pouring smoothly.Gently heat for 20 seconds.Add 2 Valerian Sprigs to your cauldron.Stir 3 times, clockwise.Wave your wand.

Step two

Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your mortar.Add 4 Mistletoe Berries to your mortar.Crush into a medium-fine powder using your pestle.Add 2 measures of your crushed mixture to your cauldron.Stir 5 times, anti-clockwise.Wave your wand to complete the potion." Daisy recited.

"How in Merlin's beard are we supposed to remember all that?" Alice asked.

Daisy shrugged. "Whatever, we'll manage," she said with a small smile.

"Okay then. Next I have, let's see, Charms, while you have Ancient Runes, right?" Alice asked.

"Right," Daisy nodded.

They began to do their homework, both of them studying from books.

"Daisy, Daisy, can I please practice a charm on you?" asked Alice playfully.

"It depends," said Daisy smirking, looking up from her textbook.

Without sparing a beat, Alice immediately performed it. Daisy sprouted cat ears and accidentally wiggled her ears in shock.

"What was that?!" she asked.

Alice was rolling around on the floor laughing.

"L-look in t-the mirror," she said in between laughs.

Daisy looked in the mirror and turned pink.

"You're taking that off before Lily comes," she said quietly.

This made Alice come to her senses. "Sorry," she said and quickly undid the spell.

Soon, they had finished all of their homework and Lily, Mary, and Marlene entered the dorm.

They all sat down and started whispering, but Alice and Daisy ignored them.

"Um, I have something to talk to you about," said Alice to Daisy.

Daisy nodded and cast a silencing charm around their beds.

"So, you know how quidditch tryouts are coming up, right?"

Daisy nodded.

"Well, I thought that I might be able to tryout this year," said Alice.

"Yeah, you definitely should! You're REALLY good at flying," replied Daisy.

"Ok, yeah, but you should tryout too!" said Alice.

"Uh no- No way," said Daisy.

"Aw, come on! You're even better at flying than me. As the only person who has ever seen you fly, you must take my word for it. And besides, you are the perfect build for a seeker," said Alice.

"I don't think so, no one knows I fly. And also, what are you going to tryout for?" Daisy simply asked.

"I'm planning on trying out for Chaser," said Alice.

"Ok. Well, I'm not trying out. Goodnight!" said Daisy.

"Goodnight my amazing flyer and beautiful best friend," said Alice.

Daisy went pink and turned the lights off.

"Daisy, don't make me do this every day!" said Alice, who was already ready in her tryouts clothing.

"Ok, ok, I'm up," she said, hands up in surrender.

"Are you trying out or not?" asked Alice.

The past few days before tryouts, Alice kept pushing her to try out for seeker. Secretly though, Daisy wanted to try out because of Petunia's words. They kept echoing inside her, making her rethink every move.

"I'm trying out!" Daisy replied.

Alice looked taken aback.

"My sister, Tuney, gave me a little pep-talk before I left home, and it's been the fuel of most of the things I've been doing," Daisy explained.

Alice nodded her head in understanding.

"Well you'd better go get ready so that we can eat and then do a few warm-up laps," Alice said.

Daisy came out wearing quidditch attire and hair in her usual high pony. She did not wear her clip today, in fear of the wind.

As soon as breakfast was done, they went to the quidditch pitch. They didn't have any classes today, as it was a Saturday.

There were two other trying out for Seeker, six others for Chaser, including James Potter, five for Keeper backup, and seven for Beater.

"Come on Rem! You might earn five sickles," said a voice.

Daisy spun around, accidentally whacking 2 people with her broom, and saw it was Sirius. She kept quiet, waiting to hear the rest of their conversation.

"Ok fine. But I bet that Daisy will make onto the team, fair and square," said Remus.

"What makes you say that?" asked Sirius.

"Last year I saw Daisy fly and immediately knew that she has natural talent," Remus replied. Daisy's eyes widened and she gasped with horror.

"Ok then. But if you're wrong, then we get 5 sickles each," Sirius said, gesturing at himself and Peter.

"Deal." all of them said in unison, Remus nodding in confidence.

"Hello everybody and welcome to Gryffindor quidditch tryouts. Remember, tryouts are only for Gryffindors above 1st year. It looks like we have some new people trying out, yeah?" said Captain Flint Wood.

"Okay then, Seekers first!" said the Captain. Daisy and the two others stepped forward, broom in hand.

"We'll go alphabetically by last name, ok?" the captain asked.

They all nodded our heads.

First, a girl named Taylor Blair went. She did a couple of laps and practiced catching golf balls. Daisy noted this and mentally prepared herself. Taylor ended up catching eight out of ten shots.

Next was Daisy's turn. Her stomach put itself into a knot, and Daisy had to shake her head to clear her thoughts. She stepped up and took off. Daisy ended up catching ten out of ten shots.

As she completed her laps, she thought to herself how much she missed flying. She was going to enjoy herself if she got onto the quidditch team!

People were very surprised to see Daisy tryout, no one knew she could fly, except for Alice and Remus, and they were very surprised to see her this good.

"Didn't know that Evans could fly." Daisy heard James mutter. She rolled her eyes.

Daisy went down the stairs the next morning, legs feeling like jelly. The gryffindor quidditch team was now posted.

The results were as following:

Chasers: James Potter, Landon Vatow, and Alice Forrester

Backup Chaser: Richard Jendis

Keeper (Captain): Flint Wood

Backup Keeper: Jayden Vill

Beaters: Antonia Frotev and Kyle Lopez

Backup Beater: Paris Mackintosh

Seeker: Daisy Evans

Backup Seeker: Taylor Blair

Daisy and Alice grabbed each other and started jumping up and down, squealing. If looks could kill, Daisy and Alice would have died ten times. Captain Wood went around congratulating the new Gryffindor team and Sirius and Peter begrudgingly gave five sickles to a beaming Remus. James actually congratulated Alice and Daisy, and he looked like he might have been blushing.

All in all, Daisy was very happy. She then spotted James, Remus, Sirius and Peter sitting at the Gryffindor table, eating and laughing.

I need to confront Remus.

How the bloody hell does he know I fly?

After a while, the four boys stood up and prepared to leave. She sighed. They traveled in packs, so she couldn't be able to grab Remus and talk to him. What she could do was walk up to him and ask for a word.

She walked silently behind him, then tapped Remus on the shoulder. Remus Lupin spun around and so did all his friends.

"Re-considering my offer?" Sirius wiggled his eyebrows at Daisy. Daisy rolled her eyes and shook her head. She would not go out with Sirius.

I would rather kiss the giant squid.

"I need to speak with Lupin. Alone." Daisy said. The other boys looked at Remus weirdly, not knowing what was going on. Lupin gulped.

"Okay..." He said, uncertainty. They head to a far corner where no one could overhear their conversation.

"What do you want to talk about?" Remus asked.

In Daisy's opinion, Remus was the nicest out of the four boys. He was very smart, and was more of a indoor person then outdoor person. He was the calmest one out of the four boys, and often had to spot them from doing silly things. Daisy was certain that he was going to become prefect next year.

"I was at the quidditch pitch for tryouts-

"Yes, good job on making seeker." Remus said with a smile. Daisy nodded, though she wasn't smiling, more like a scowl, which made Remus shrink back.

"Anyway, before tryouts, I heard about your bet." She said, looking at him. Remus sighed.

"I'm sorry about betting on you, the boys loves to bet, and I don't know, I just also did too. I'm really sorry." He said apologetically. Daisy shook her head.

"I don't care about the bet, I just care about you knowing that I could fly." She said, her eyes transfixed on his face. Remus's eyes widened.

"Oh! Yeah, that's right, you see, there was this once, I was walking around Hogwarts, when I saw someone flying in the pitch. James wasn't down there, so I knew it wasn't quidditch practice, but I caught a glimpse of you collar, so I knew you were Gryffindor. Until this morning, I was certain it was you." Remus said. Daisy nodded.

"Why exactly do you hide all this from everyone?" Remus asked Daisy. Daisy furrowed her eyebrows, and looked at him confused.

"Hide what?" She asked. Remus pointed at her.

"Hide the fact that you're smart, hide the fact that you're amazing at quidditch, hide your existence form everyone. And then, suddenly, fourth year, boom! You come out, shocking everyone." Remus said. Daisy blushed.

"I just...I used to not care about anything. I let Lily do her stuff, I hid in books. But I stopped. I don't want to be Lily's weird twin anymore, I want to be Daisy." Daisy finished. Remus nodded.

"I get what you mean. I really admire you for the courage to come out." He said. Daisy grinned at him.

"Please don't tell anyone that you saw me play quidditch." Daisy said. Remus nodded, but a bit confused.

"Why?" He asked.

"Well, Wood is already angry at me for not trying out last year, and I told him that I wasn't good last year, so if he finds out, he's going to go bonkers at me." Daisy said. Remus laughed.

"I gotcha." He said. They headed back to Gryffindor tower, not knowing that the other three boys had heard it all.

"Wow...Evan's been hiding herself all this time." James said in awe. Sirius nodded.

"I have to make her to go out with me." Sirius muttered. Peter just looked at Daisy admirably.

Daisy was thinking... Remus Lupin isn't that bad.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

7.6K 240 26
"we were likely to never happen"
152K 2.1K 12
◜𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄◞ 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐: ↷imagines ...
26.2K 301 12
One-Shots centered around The Marauders and their adventures both in and out of Hogwarts.
847 21 2
In the aftermath of The Prank, Remus decides to take up revenge with the Slytherins.