Another Flower || James Potter

By chenevamaggie

The one where Daisy Evans decided to step out from the shadows. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 2

80K 2.2K 3.7K
By chenevamaggie

Alice Forester was definitely not expecting her best friend to have a makeover. Her jaw literally just fell open when she saw her.

"Daisy Evans?" Alice managed to say. Daisy managed a smile.

"Hey, Alice." Alice couldn't help but grin.

"Oh, Merlin's beard! You. Look. Amazing!" Alice squealed. Daisy rolled her eyes.

"My sister Petunia gave me a makeover." Daisy mumbled. Alice turned wide eyed.

"You let her?" Alice asked. Usually, when Alice wanted to give Daisy a makeover, Daisy told her to go eat dung.

"Yeah...I'll explain on the train, let's go." Alice and Daisy sat in their usual compartment, with no one else there, no one wanted to sit with them. Daisy explained the Lily situation to Alice. Alice nodded, wide eyed.

"Well...I never thought Lily would stoop so low." Alice murmured.

"Well she did." Daisy snapped. Alice swallowed.

"Well, I'm just glad you finally came out of your rock. You can now finally show people who you are! Lily is definitely going to be surprised. And I tell you, you're going to get a lot of attention from boys!" Alice said. Daisy squirmed in her seat.

Soon, the trolley witch came, and the two girls bought loads of snacks. Eating and laughing, the caught up on stuff in the summer. Suddenly, the compartment door slid open. Alice looked up and beamed. There stood Frank Longbottom, Alice's long time crush. Frank was a Gryffindor like them, and he was very good at Herbology, and he was very nice to them. He was one of the few people who knew that Daisy existed. He was also extremely nice to Alice. Daisy knew that the boy definitely had a crush on Alice too.

"Hello, Alice!" He said cheerfully to Alice. Alice grinned.

"Het Frank, had a nice summer?" She asked sweetly. Frank nodded then averted his eyes to Daisy. His eyes widened when he saw her.

"Wow, um...Daisy, you look good." Frank said, biting is lower lip. Daisy smiled.

"Thanks, Frank." Daisy said softly.

"Anyways, I got to go, I just came to check on you two, bye!" Frank grinned at them and left. Alice and Lily broke into a fit of giggles.

"He totally loves you." Daisy teased her. Alice shook her head, blushing madly.

"No he doesn't!" The two girls laughed on, when the door flew open again. This time, the newcomers were not so friendly. Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Black, Bellatrix Black, also Malfoy's cronies, Crabbe and Goyle.

"Oh, sorry, wrong compartment." Narcissa said. She was the nicer sister, while Bellatrix was crazy and mad. Narcissa wanted to leave, but Lucius stopped her. No doubt, he wanted to taunt Alice for a while, Daisy was safe, because the Slytherin's didn't know who she was. But then Lucius saw Daisy. Daisy groaned.

"And who are you? Did you transfer from Beauxbatons?" Daisy saw a hint of interest in Lucius face. Daisy rolled her eyes.

"She's a fourth year in Hogwarts, just like all of us." Alice snapped. Bellatrix narrowed her eyes at her.

"No one told you to talk, Forester." She barked. Daisy sighed.

"What's your name?" Narcissa asked.

"Daisy Evans." She said slowly. All their eyes widened.

"Evans? Like the mudblood?" Lucius asked, incredulously. Daisy walked up to him.

"Don't you dare ever call us that again. Get out." She closed the door in his face.

Wow, I've never done that before.

Alice stared at her best friend.

"Wow." Was all she could muster. The compartment door opened again, this time it was Amos Diggory. He was a Hufflepuff fourth year, very good looking according to girl standards. Alice knew he was a total play boy, he'd throw away girls like garbage once he uses them, but Daisy didn't know all that.

"Hello, Alice." Diggory gave Alice a small nod. She rolled her eyes, not falling for his charm. Diggory saw Daisy and raised his eyebrows.

"Are you a transfer?" He asked her. Daisy sighed.

"No, I'm not. I've been here for four years. Daisy Evans. Gryffindor." She said. Diggory nodded.

"Well, I'm surprised I've never seen you around before. I'm Amos Diggory, pleased to meet you." Diggory winked and left the compartment just like that. Daisy raised her eyebrows, then looked back to her book, while Alice silently laughed. The compartment door opened again.

"Who is it?" Alice asked, irritated. Never in her past three years had people visit their compartment so often. There stood three girls Alice and Daisy did not want to see.

Lily Evans, Mary McDonald and Marlene McKinnon. The three girls were best friends, very popular and pretty. Lily was the ringleader of course.

"Oh, hey Alice." Marlene, the meanest of all of them, said dryly to Alice.

"Hello, Marlene." Alice said, gritting her teeth. Marlene spotted Daisy. Marlene knew she existed, plainly because of her sister.

"Daisy?" Lily took a double take. Lily didn't know Daisy got a makeover, due to the fact that Petunia hid it from her.

"Yes?" Daisy asked her twin.

"Wow, you look different." Mary said. Daisy shrugged.

"Are you just doing this to get attention?" Marlene snapped at Daisy.

Oh that was way to far.

"No, I'm sorry, but please, get out." Daisy basically shouted the last two words. Marlene winced.

"Excuse me, are you talking to me, freak?" Marlene asked, smirking. Lily and Mary didn't say anything, they just stood there, arms crossed.

"You know, it takes one to know another. So you're also a freak. Goodbye, freak." Daisy shut the compartment door. Alice broke into laughter.

"You're getting good at this!" Alice said, still laughing. Daisy smiled.

I am.

For the remainder of the train ride, no one else visited them. The walked side by side to the carriages seeing if there were any empty ones. They came across a carriage that had Frank Longbottom and his best friend, Xenophilius Lovegood.

"Hi Alice! Hi Daisy!" Frank welcomed warmly. "This is my best friend Xenophilius Lovegood. He's in Ravenclaw."

"You can call me Phil," Xenophilius said.

"Nice to meet you, Phil!" Alice said.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you," Daisy replied.

"Oh no! There's Nargles in your hair, Daisy," said Phil, covering his head.

"Um, okay?" said Daisy, slightly brushing her hair.

"So what did you guys do this summer?" Alice asked.

"Well, I went to the United States to visit my Grandma. We had a great time!" said Frank.

"We went looking for Crumple Horned Snorkacks. I swear, I nearly saw one!" replied Phil.

"Sounds like fun!" replied Alice, a little too enthusiastically.

"What did you?" asked Frank looking at Alice. Alice visibly blushed and tried to cover it up with her hair.

"Er, well, we didn't do much, I just stayed at home mostly," replied Alice, still blushing.

"Same here," piped up Daisy.

"Well we're here, better get going," said Phil. They all got off of the carriage and started walking into Hogwarts.

"Wow, you're wise beyond your age," Frank said to Phil jokingly. Phil rolled his eyes, although he was grinning from ear to ear.

"Aw shucks, Frank," said Phil, again, sarcastically. Frank opened his mouth to say something when-

"Okay, that's enough boys," snapped Alice. The boys instantly went silent and Frank shut his mouth, furiously blushing.

"Woah, did you cast a silencing charm? I didn't see your wand out," joked Daisy. Alice didn't reply, she just rolled her eyes and smirked.

The sorting was finished and the food was piled up on the tables.

"Mmmmm I'm so hungry," said Daisy, rubbing her stomach.

"Well then, dig in," said Alice.

Daisy started shoving her face with mashed potatoes.

"Ugh, so unwomanly," said Alice, scrunching her face up.

"You're the one who told me to 'dig in'," said Daisy.

"I meant it 'figuratively', not 'literally'," said Alice.

"Ohh, okaaay," said Daisy.

They finished the rest of their meal in silence, Daisy earning many stares from students at the Gryffindor table due to her makeover.

"Hello, you must be the new transfer!" Someone said behind Daisy. Daisy and Alice's heads both whipped around. They were staring at the famous, James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew.

"What do you mean transfer?" Alice asked, looking at the four boys. Sirius pointed at Daisy.

"Hello gorgeous." Sirius winked at her. Daisy rolled her eyes, Sirius, was one of the most charming boys in school, but he certainly didn't affect Daisy.

"For your information Black, I've been here for the past three years. I'm a fourth year Gryffindor, just like you." Daisy snapped at Sirius.

"Well, we've never noticed you before, what's your name, beautiful?" James asked, messing up his hair.

"Daisy Evans." Daisy said, waiting for Jame's reaction to her last name. James nearly chocked.

"Evans?" He asked. Daisy nodded.

"Well, you think you know everything about Lily, huh? Well, I'll tell you one thing you don't know. She. has. a. twin. sister!" Daisy said in his face. James just looked at her wide-eyed.

Daisy stood up abruptly and left the table, Alice closely behind her.

"Well, that was unexpected." Peter said quietly. Remus though, didn't looked surprised, and said nothing.

Back in their girls dormitory, Alice and Daisy were getting ready to go to bed. Lily, Marlene and Mary were at the other end, whispering to each other, turning their heads to glance a look at Daisy.

Alice rolled her eyes.

"What do you think their talking about?" Alice asked. Daisy grinned.

"How to murder us in our sleep." Daisy replied. The two of them laughed.

It was good to be back at Hogwarts. She laid down, but someone interrupted her sleep. Daisy sighed and looked up at Marlene.

"What do you want?" Daisy asked, trying to plaster a smile.

"Who gave you a make-over?" Marlene asked, also a fake smile on her face.

"My sister." She answered shortly.

"No she didn't." Marlene said, looking over at Lily. Daisy rolled her eyes.

"My other, nicer sister. What? Lily never mentioned her? To embarrassed to say that Petunia is a muggle?" Daisy said, her last sentence directing it at Lily. Lily looked down, her face red.

So, its true, Lily didn't tell her friends about Petunia.

"Anyway, I want to sleep. Goodnight Marlene." Daisy laid back down and fell asleep almost instantly.

Daisy had a feeling this year was going to be interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 567 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...
208 21 8
In which camila morrone has a crush and fate seems to be doing everything to make her end up in the same room as him
Sunflowers By Kit

Fanfiction

15.7K 344 39
"Be grateful you could say goodbye." IN which a young witch goes through an event that leaves her parentless, one-armed, and one-legged.
6.4K 12 36
one shots