Night's Wrath (Black Clover x...

By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Demons have long since existed, lurking in the shadows of the land. The unity of man and demon was always hel... More

Prologue - Night's Fall
Ex. Page | OC Codex (I)
Ex. Page | OC Codex (II)
1st Page: Nightfall's Beginning
2nd Page: Catalyst
3rd Page: The Monster Within
4th Page: The Quest Begins
5th Page: Mettle
6th Page: The Black Bulls
7th Page: Fade to Black
8th Page: Rampant Silver
9th Page: First Mission
10th Page: A Mission to Remember
11th Page: Arsenal
12th Page: A Visit to Home
13th Page: Dungeon Diving
14th Page: Showdown
15th Page: Advent
16th Page: Battle of Ancients
17th Page: The Hidden Ruins
18th Page: Legacy of Time
19th Page: Time Reaper
20th Page: Decoration Ceremony
21st Page: I'll Protect Them
22nd Page: Capital Defense
23rd Page: Undead Liberation
24th Page: Clash
25th Page: Midnight Sun Incursion
26th Page: Falling Night
27th Page: Relations
28th Page: Meeting the Princess
29th Page: Date with the Elements
30th Page: Disastrous Visit
31st Page: Waning Light
33rd Page: Aftermath
34th Page: Traitor
35th Page: Squad Mission
36th Page: A Black Beach
37th Page: Into the Temple!
38th Page: Rising Tides
39th Page: Turning the Tide
40th Page: The Temple's Strongest
41st Page: Amidst Despair
42nd Page: Battle of the Beasts
43rd Page: The Value of Teamwork
44th Page: The Sea Goddess
45th Page: The Blaze Queen
46th Page: Our Path Forward
47th Page: Returning Home
48th Page: The Battle for Kiten
49th Page: Suspicion
50th Page: Stasis
?? Page: Altered Fates
51st Page: Brothers' Blues
52nd Page: In the Outskirts
53rd Page: Into the Manor
54th Page: Lost in Time
55th Page: Conflict Across Time
56th Page: Scattered
57th Page: Echoing Rumbles
58th Page: Illuminated
59th Page: As Time Shifts

32nd Page: Void Unleashed

6.8K 178 200
By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Cavern System...

"Hmph." Licht clicked his tongue, dozens of light swords shooting off towards (Y/N).

"[Sword Aura Magic: Sword's Orbit!]" (Y/N) cried, his scythe turning into a blur as he stepped harshly on the floor, jumping to meet the blades head on. Despite being a spell more typically acquainted with swords, it was really an enhancement spell.

What [Sword's Orbit] truly did was increase a hosts' reactive speed, nothing more. It was only due to this that (Y/N) could counter the ridiculously fast blades.

"With this, I can fight back against those blades...but I can't move while using Sword's Orbit!" (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed slightly, swinging his scythe all around him as a blur of white surrounded him.

"Oh? He can actually keep up?" Licht's brow raised in amusement, seeing the human desperately struggle.

"TCH! BEING ON THE DEFENSIVE IS NOT MY STYLE!" (Y/N) roared as he kicked off the floor, appearing in front of Licht and Arran.

"Man, why do you have to come here, man. I was really looking forward to seeing you get pummeled by swords from a distance, man." Arran smiled insanely, black magic beginning to gather near his fist.

"But you're making that really hard, man. So just go back to your spot over there." Arran smirked insanely, punching at (Y/N).

"[Shadow Magic: Dark Fury Fist!]" Arran chanted, a dark Grimoire appearing in front of him as black gauntlets formed on his fists, punching at (Y/N).

"You want to compete with me in offense? Keep dreaming! [Void Lightning Magic: Shattering Tempest!]" (Y/N) shouted as Kronos' Arc arced with reddish-black lightning, clashing head on with Arran's fist.

"Guh!" (Y/N)'s eyes widened as he felt himself go flying, crashing deeply into a wall. That force...what the hell?

"Heh...not bad." (Y/N) smirked, getting out of the wall and revealing him not damaged at all.

"But not good enough!" (Y/N) shouted, only to see Arran appear in front of him, catching a glimpse of light shining behind him.

"I let my guard down! [Sword Aura Magic: Sword's Orbit!]" (Y/N) didn't let himself get stunned, his reaction speed allowing him to slash through every sword of light speeding at him from behind while fighting off Arran from the front.

From an outside point of view, it looked as if a golden light and a black light were both attacking a white light from both sides.

"This kid was hiding his true strength?" Gauche asked in shock, looking at (Y/N) holding his own against the two newcomers.

"Gauche-senpai! We have to do something!" Asta yelled at him, brandishing his sword.

"Tch...I would if I could...I have barely any magic left..." Gauche grit his teeth, before looking at the Sister passed out a small distance away.

"The Master's affairs are nothing to concern yourself with. I alone am more than enough to defeat you." The third voice commented, letting Asta see a familiar face.

"You!!!" Asta yelled in rage, seeing Valtos walk up to the group as various lights and explosions shone behind him.

"Don't worry about that boy. He's delusional if he thinks he can hold off both the Master and the leader of the Seven Specialists. This is only a small step towards the destruction of the Clover Kingdom." Valtos chuckled sinisterly, before a purple magic shone in his hands.

"Now then, I suppose it's time to take you down." Valtos stoically spoke, spiking a ball of curse magic into his spatial portal, it appearing behind Asta.

"Now, die." Valtos laughed slightly, only for Asta to slash through the ball.

"Don't get cocky!" Asta yelled, before running at Valtos and swinging his sword.

"Too slow." Valtos mocked, teleporting of the way as Asta's sword slashed where he was previously.

"Let's see how long you can struggle." Valtos said as four spatial portals appeared near Asta, each on a different angle.

"Haaaaah!" Asta yelled in conviction, slashing at the portals, managing to dispel two of them.

"Not enough." A volley of curse balls came out of the portal, barraging Asta and forcing him to go on the defensive.

Catching Asta and Valtos in the corner of his eyes, (Y/N) momentarily stopped.

"ASTA!" (Y/N) yelled, only for a shadow to glint right in front of him.

"You don't have time to worry about him, man!" Arran smirked, punching at (Y/N), the (h/c) haired boy barely managing to raise his scythe to block as he was sent flying back.

"Tch..." (Y/N) said as he flew through the air, feeling a magic presence behind him.

"You're wide open." Licht smiled, a whip of light appearing in his hands.

"Try me." (Y/N) challenged, repositioning himself in midair and slashing his scythe all around him.

In response, Licht whipped at (Y/N), wrapping the magic around (Y/N)'s scythe and pulling harshly.

However, (Y/N) only smirked as he was pulled towards Licht along with the scythe.

"[Void Flame Magic: Infernal Vortex, Scorching Blades!]" (Y/N) dual casted, Kronos' Arc turning into a blur as dozens of flame swords rocketed towards Licht along with an orb of flames.

"Such slow attacks. Those won't get anywhere near me." Licht taunted, teleporting in a flash of light as the attacks collided with a wall.

"They weren't supposed to! [Void Ice Magic: Frost Rage!]" (Y/N) smirked, Kronos' Arc being surrounded in a layer of frost as he swung it all around him.

"Don't forget about me, man!" Arran's voice sounded out from behind (Y/N), sensing magic gathering behind him.

"Wouldn't dream of it!" (Y/N) laughed, his scythe turning into a blur as he slashed all around him, letting go of a frost beam that followed his slashes, anything the beam touched turning into ice as (Y/N) forcibly changed the terrain, the previously barren cave now filled with icicles and ice spikes.

"I'm not done yet! [Void Ice Magic: Frozen Realm!]" (Y/N) casted as he stabbed Kronos' Arc into the floor, a layer of frost circling around him and chilling everything in its radius.

"I can already tell that to win this fight, I can't just rely on brute force. Licht can move much faster than me, and I can only match him when using [Sword's Orbit], but I can't move from my spot while using that. Arran isn't too hard to deal with, as long as I don't take his attacks head on. I'm still too weak to clash hit for hit with him..." (Y/N) thought, a layer of flames now surrounding Kronos' Arc.

"So I've gotta play this smart! [Void Flame Magic: Burning Abyss!]" (Y/N) slammed the blade of Kronos' Arc into the floor, pillars of flame rising up and scorching the grounds, kicking up an explosion as steam blocked the view of everyone.

"He's planning to go stealth...? Hehehe...for that, you need to hide your magic, kid!" Arran smirked, sensing (Y/N)'s aura as he jumped towards him.

"This trick won't work." Licht smiled, a sword of light appearing in his hands as he and Arran closed in on (Y/N)'s position, seeing him look stunned while holding Kronos' Arc.

"Hehehe! You've lost, man!" Arran yelled as Shadow magic surrounded his fist. Similarly, light magic began to gather around Licht.

"[Shadow Magic: Abyss Revolt!]"

"[Light Magic: Sky-Rending Flash.]"

Licht and Arran casted their spells, a bunch of Shadow Magic fists rising from the ground and rocketing towards (Y/N), yet above him, a dozen light orbs shot off beams towards him.

Shadow from below, light from above.

He was stuck in a pincer attack.

In an instant, both magic spells made contact with the shocked (Y/N), kicking up an explosion as the steam slowly evaporated.

"Hmph. He wasn't a challenge." Licht smiled, his Grimoire's glow dimming a bit.

"Tch, man. I was really hoping to keep fighting that kid. No way he survived that, man." Arran complained, the Shadow Magic around his fists fizzling out slowly.

"MASTER! WATCH OUT!" Valtos' distressed shout reverberated through the area.

In shock, Licht and Arran felt a source of magic energy approaching them from behind, hearing a familiar voice.

"[Void Fusion Magic: Infernal Frost Lightning Talon!]" (Y/N) smirked as Phantasm became surrounded in various void elements, sending the blade slashing at Licht and Arran.

"He pretended to be open, when really he was baiting us in..." Licht felt a small smirk tug at his face, watching the oncoming magic.

"Man! What a trick! You can't be doing things like that, man!" Arran grinned, though neither he or Licht could react as the wave of elemental void magic crashed into the two, freezing them and sending them rocketing towards the floor.

Afterwards, several flaming spheres shot off after the two and engulfed them in black flames, red lightning streaking after them and kicking up an explosion of dust as (Y/N) landed on the ground, skidding to a stop as he smirked.

"Like I thought, they weren't expecting a move like that. Heh, who would've thought that would've actually worked." (Y/N) smirked, wiping some dust off his face as he held Phantasm tightly.

What he had done was first create a smoke screen by using the ice produced by [Frost Rage] and [Frozen Realm]. After, he'd used [Burning Abyss] to turn the ice into steam, limiting the eyesight of the enemy. Then, he'd simultaneously summoned his doppelganger and hidden his own aura, giving the doppelganger Kronos' Arc, to keep its look the same as (Y/N)'s.

After, he'd summoned Phantasm and waited till Licht and Arran went after the doppelganger, soaring through the steam and relying on magic detection, since neither Licht nor Arran bothered to conceal theirs.

When the time was right, and the two had put their guards down, it was simply the best moment to strike with the strongest spell he could current use.

"Hmm...seems like he's better than I expected."

"Man...what a drag."

Two voices spoke out as the dust disappeared, showing Licht and Arran with various scratches on them, but nothing fatal.

"...Fuck! Guess we're still doing this then! But..." (Y/N) grinned nervously, glancing at Kronos' Arc in the distance, in the same place where the doppelganger was rocketed off to. It had disappeared due to taking too much damage.

"Can Phantasm stand up to those ridiculously strong spells?" (Y/N) felt a smirk begin to creep up to his face, a sense of challenge swelling within him.

"Who am I kidding! If it can stand against that giant lightning blast from before, there's no way in hell it can't stand against just these two magics!" (Y/N) smirked widely, brandishing Phantasm as a black flame engulfed the sword.

"Still, not taking any chances! The faster I end this battle, the better!" (Y/N) thought as he dug his foot into the floor, preparing to leap.

"Hey, boy...let me tell you a fable. Long ago, in a certain village, there lived people with very strong magic. They were all loved by mana." Licht started, making (Y/N) glance at him curiously, but he still blasted off towards the two, slashing at them as Licht disappeared in a flash of light, Arran stomping the floor as the ground shattered, Shadow Magic covering his fists again.

"Man! You can't interrupt story time! That's rude, man!" Arran grinned, sending a volley of shadow fists at (Y/N), forcing the (h/c) haired boy to jump from rubble to rubble.

"They had the ability to change the weather and even manipulate the ley lines of the world. They had the power to rival the gods." Licht's voice sounded out behind (Y/N), making the (h/c) haired boy activate [Sword's Orbit] as Phantasm turned into a blur, slashing countless light swords and shadow fists from the rubble he fell on top of.

"The humans from outside the village worshipped them as such. However, gradually..." Licht continued, not stopping his onslaught as (Y/N) kicked off the rubble, kicking up an explosion as the light and shadow magic collided, creating a beam of black and white energy that chased after (Y/N).

"They began to fear that power. They envied it. They wanted it. They tricked them, massacred them, and stole their powers." Licht added on, the kind glint no longer in his eyes, glaring at (Y/N).

"That's not surprising! Humans want strength! It lies in all of us! The desire to get stronger! We all follow the path we see as right, but even so, there will always be those assholes who abuse others to gain powers for themselves!" (Y/N) yelled, turning in midair and slashing as he sent several arcs of black fire to intercept the beams, causing mini explosions in the air.

"Either way, the hells' this story got to do with you, me, that other guy, or this fight?" (Y/N) questioned, leaping at a nearby wall and kicking off it as he slashed at Licht, only for the light mage to teleport away in a golden flash.

Licht didn't reply, only smiling as (Y/N) released a tch.

"It's got everything to do with it, man! Humans are just so greedy, man! Man, they really can't keep their hands to themselves!" Arran's voice resonated through the area.

"[Shadow Magic: Forgotten Eclipse!]" Arran grinned as a sphere of shadow magic engulfed (Y/N), only for a sphere of black flames to burn away the spell from within.

"I won't deny that. Humans are extremely greedy creatures. Hell, I actually agree with you." (Y/N) spoke as he stabbed Phantasm into a wall, crouching on top of the blade as he looked at the hovering Licht and grounded Arran.

"But the beauty of humanity is that they can change. Not every human you meet will try to wrong you!" (Y/N) glared at the two mages.

"Some will be kind, come to treat you like family, protect and cherish you like family!" (Y/N)'s eyes softened as images of Asta, Yuno, Sister Lily and all the others from the church formed in his mind.

"Some will stand beside you, fight beside you, and work towards the same goal together! They'll be your friends, who you can count on all the time and they can count on you!" (Y/N) saw a flash of images go through his head, of Alice, Noelle, Ryan, Arthur, and all the other Magic Knights he'd met recently.

"You will meet some who support you! Some who want to see you grow! Some who believe you can become a great person in the future! Some who will help you grow along the way!" (Y/N)'s mind flashed with images of Yami, Rin, Julius and all the others who looked up to him as a fellow person.

An image of everyone's smiling faces came into his mind as (Y/N) clenched his teeth, gripping Phantasm's hilt harshly.

"Even if you meet people who fight against you! Those who want to hurt your friends! Even then, most of them are redeemable! People will fight for what they believe! Even if they don't believe in it, people will fight! That's the way the world just works for us! But that isn't a bad thing! It's through fighting that we grow, through fighting that we find our best companions, through fighting that we learn the value of protecting another!" (Y/N) saw images of all his adversaries flash through his mind. Even if they were against him, every fight only served to make (Y/N) stronger, to make it so that he could protect those he cared for better.

Surprised looks surfaced on everyone's faces as they heard this, not having expected the words from the boy.

Asta smiled softly at those words. Life among humans wasn't easy...but it wasn't as if he wanted to trade it for anything. He cherished all his friends, all of his family, and he even saw forgiveness in his enemies. He wasn't the kind of person to want to destroy someone without a solid reason why.

"Nonsense! Humans are simply greedy creatures who lust after their own desires!" Valtos yelled in anger, causing Asta to glare at him.

"Of course, not everyone gets to experience this...that's why I'm making it my goal to become the Wizard King!" (Y/N) continued, ignoring Valtos' outburst.

"I'll change this kingdom from the inside! I'll reshape it into a kingdom where everyone can live happily, where no one has to suffer! It sounds childish...it sounds impossible, but I swear I'll make to a reality! No matter what it takes!" (Y/N) grit his teeth, unearthing Phantasm as he jumped off the wall.

"And if you're going to stand in the way of that, then I'll force you to move!" (Y/N) growled, lashing out with Phantasm as black flames covered the blade, scorching anything they touched.

The smile remained ever present in Licht's face as he resumed his onslaught of light blades, only for them to be much faster than before, forcing (Y/N) on the defensive once again as he barely managed to keep up with [Sword's Orbit.]

"Man, those are some dreams, man. Humans don't work that way, yo. They'll just turn on each other the first chance they get, man." Arran shook his head, shadow magic coating his fists as he smashed them together.

"[Shadow Magic: Halcyon's End.]" Arran smashed his fists together as swirling pillars of shadow magic erupted from both beneath and above (Y/N).

"[Light Magic: Bright Judgment Whip.]" Licht smiled, keeping up his barrage of light swords as he cracked the whip at (Y/N), making (Y/N) grit his teeth.

"Their teamwork is so annoying! I can't dodge up or I'll slam directly into his attack, but I need to move to dodge the attack from below! But even then, I'm being attacked from the sides by the whip and the swords!" (Y/N) groaned, using [Void Rift] to escape the encirclement as he put on the Ancient God' Mask, brandishing both Heaven's Reach and Phantasm.

"Let me ask you something..." (Y/N) started, using [Sword's Orbit] as he deflected every single attack sent in his direction with both blades in his hand. He was much more used to wielding only one sword, but it wasn't as if he'd never used two simultaneously before.

"My friends speak really highly of a Magic Knight Captain, Fuegoleon. Did one of you monsters take him out?" (Y/N) asked, his expression hidden behind the wolf-like mask on his face.

"I was the one who took him out." Licht admitted, smiling as (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed, Asta's own widening in anger.

"I figured as much! Let me guess, you had to use a trick to beat him, didn't you!" (Y/N) growled, causing Licht to chuckle.

"A trick? How did you arrive at that conclusion?" Licht asked curiously, Arran snickering below him.

"BECAUSE MORONS LIKE YOU COULD NEVER HOPE TO DEFEAT A MAGIC KNIGHT CAPTAIN HEAD ON!" (Y/N) growled, his respect for the Captains shining even through the mask. Even if he didn't get along well with some of them, he still truly respected the Magic Knight Captains.

Suddenly, a violent black flame surrounded Phantasm as a light blue frost aura surrounded Heaven's Reach.

"[Void Ice/Flame Magic: Frost Dragon's Talon, Burning Abyss!]" (Y/N) growled as he swung his sword down, a talon shaped beam of ice razing the area and forcing Arran to jump away, Licht flashing away as pillars of black flames rose from the floor and forced him to weave between them.

"If you haven't even defeated me by now, then there's no way in hell you can ever get close to defeating a Captain in a fair match!" (Y/N) growled out, pointing Heaven's Reach at them in his left hand, putting Phantasm over his shoulder with his right hand.

"Heh...you've got quite the smack talk, man!"

"I see...I suppose we'll have to get serious and exterminate you, then."

Arran and Licht's Grimoires shone lightly, their respectively black-blue and golden-white colors shining brightly.

"Bring it." (Y/N) growled, releasing his aura to its fullest as the cave around the three shook, their auras clashing as the wind swirled violently.

"Holy crap...even if I can't feel the mana...this is insane!" Asta thought, seeing the cave around him begin to collapse just from the mana signatures alone.

"Let's take it up into a higher gear..." (Y/N) smirked, pillars of frost surrounding both of his swords as he used his magic.

"[Void Ice Magic: Frost Rage!]"

"[Shadow Magic: Perfect Umbra!]"

"[Light Magic: Radiant Flare!]"

(Y/N) swung both of his swords in unison, rotating in a circle before swinging them both together, slashing at Licht and Arran with dual frost beams.

From the opposing side, a crescent shadow beam soared towards the frost beams, several balls of light magic also rocketing towards the beams, creating a clash of elements.

An explosion sounded out as the magics imploded on each other after a few seconds of clashing in midair, collapsing the cave around the group, though Arran and Licht simply slashed through the rocks as they stood in front of Valtos, who had teleported behind them with a few wounds on his face.

"What a troublesome child he was..." Licht sighed, looking at where (Y/N) was previously, now surrounded in fallen debris.

"Man! He definitely put up a fight! It's only sad he isn't on our side! Then I could fight him every day!" Arran grinned, rolling his shoulders as he looked at where (Y/N) was previously.

"That was barely a fight for you two! Master, you're practically divine! And Specialist Leader, your skill is certainly valuable to our cause!" Valtos praised, laughing heartily as he wiped some dust off of his unusual face.

After a few seconds of no movement, Licht sighed as he turned to his companions

"We're done here, let's go-"

"WHO THE FUCK SAID YOU COULD LEAVE?" A voice suddenly interrupted, drawing the groups' attention as they saw (Y/N) kick out of the rubble, blood flowing down his head and lips as he still smirked.

"Wow! You're really resilient, man! Makes me wanna crush you even more!" Arran smirked insanely, looking at (Y/N) in a battle crazed manner.

"Heh...come try it if you dare!" (Y/N) smirked, sweat rolling down the side of his head.

"I need to buy time...I managed to sneak Asta and others out of here...I just need to stall them until everyone else gets here- I'm sorry what?" (Y/N) suddenly stopped, a sour look on his face as a tick mark appeared on his face.

"Stall them? Fuck that! I'm here to defeat them, not stall them!" (Y/N) growled to himself, smacking his head as he grinned excitedly, looking at his opponents.

"Our battle ain't over yet!" (Y/N) smirked, kicking at the debris next to him as Kronos' Arc flew up, (Y/N) grabbing the scythe as he twirled it in his hands.

"Hehehe! Now you're talking, man!" Arran grinned, shadows once again swirling around his fists.

"Your resilience is certainly noteworthy." Licht laughed lightly, summoning a whip of light in his hands.

"Heh, you haven't seen anything yet!" (Y/N) smirked, kicking off the floor and rushing at the two mages.

Giving a battle cry, Arran swung his fists constantly as fists made of shadows barraged (Y/N) head on. Following after, Licht's light whip tore through the area and wrapped itself around Kronos' Arc, making (Y/N) growl.

"That won't work twice!" (Y/N) pulled harshly on his scythe, pulling Licht towards him.

Recovering in an instant, Licht summoned a sword of light in his hand as he rocketed towards (Y/N).

Swinging from above, Licht tried to slash (Y/N) in half, though he only used Kronos' Arc as a pole of sorts, kicking Licht and dodging the sword as he used [Void Rift] to teleport out of the way, Arran's fist traveling through where his head was moments prior.

"Fu...fu...this is getting a bit difficult...my mana's almost completely drained..." (Y/N) wiped some sweat from his forehead as he gripped Kronos' Arc tightly.

On the contrary, Arran and Licht seemed relatively fine, albeit the various wounds on their bodies.

In an instant, Licht appeared above (Y/N) and slashed at him several times, (Y/N) barely managing to parry each strike while using [Sword's Orbit].

"Hahah!" Hearing Arran behind him, (Y/N) kicked off the floor as a white aura engulfed Kronos' Arc.

"[Kronos' Fury!]" (Y/N) yelled as a white wave encompassed the two mages, kicking up an explosion.

However, Arran immediately jumped out of the explosion, leaping at (Y/N) and landing a punch which (Y/N) barely managed to block, sending him crashing back against the wall, though a golden barrier surrounded him as the Ancient God's Mask, which had fallen back unto his belt, roared.

"This is getting...really annoying!" (Y/N) complained, kicking off the floor and summoning up a volley of void blades behind him.

Putting his hand forward, (Y/N) sent the blades at Arran while he used [Void Rift] to teleport next to Licht.

"You're wide open." Licht mocked, the sword in his hands shining brightly as he swung down at (Y/N).

"No shit, Sherlock!" (Y/N) grunted, before maneuvering Kronos' Arc just around the blade, letting it pass by his cheek as he felt a stinging pain, though he ignored it as he slashed at Licht, forcing the white haired man to retreat.

Leaping after him, (Y/N) slammed his scythe into Licht, sending him flying towards the floor as (Y/N) dropped down heavily, smashing his scythe where Licht previously was, though he had managed to teleport away moments prior.

"Don't forget about me, man!" Arran grinned behind (Y/N), punching him forward as (Y/N) threw Kronos' Arc, skidding to a stop ontop of the scythe as he looked back at the two mages, various wounds on his body.

"Fuu...fuu...you guys are really...annoying with this...teamwork..." (Y/N) managed to grin slightly as he said this, putting one hand on Kronos' Arc's handle.

"You're one to talk, man! You're a monster!" Arran grinned, punching his fists together as Shadow Magic swirled around him.

"I'll admit you've certainly got skills. You're a worthy foe." Licht smiled, light beginning to shine around him as he and Arran looked at each other, then both nodded.

"Which is why you won't be leaving this place alive!" Both of them said as (Y/N) grinned, extending his hand as a blur of black and red flew into his hand, Phantasm.

Grabbing Kronos' Arc with his left hand an Phantasm with his right, (Y/N) faced the two mages as their magic slowly melded together.

"It's been fun, man! But this is the end of the line!" Arran grinned wildly, extending a hand out towards Licht, but not enough to make contact.

"Its certainly been entertaining, for a human, at least." Licht smiled, extending his own hand as his light magic began to meld together with Arran's shadow magic.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this..." (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed in suspicion, seeing the two Magic's begin swirling around each other, forming an orb of black and white magic.

Brandishing Phantasm and Kronos' Arc simultaneously, (Y/N) began siphoning the last of the mana he'd had into one last spell.

"My strongest spell is probably that strange spell from the last time...even now, I don't have any spells anywhere close to it in terms of attack power. But I haven't come close to mastering that strange Demon form...but, I might just be capable of using the spell alone. I'll probably be completely incapable of moving after I do this though, so if they don't fall here, then I'm probably dead..." (Y/N) felt a thrill begin to overcome him, unable to stop the grin forming on his face.

"I'll just have to surpass my limits, right here!" (Y/N) grinned, getting into a stance with both of his weapons as they shined with their respective auras.

"I'll have one chance at this...let's make it count!" (Y/N) grinned, ignoring the pain he felt as he brandished Phantasm fearlessly, despite the massive mana signature forming just a small distance away.

"This is the end, man!" Arran yelled in glee, the orb between him and Licht solidifying as he and Licht thrusted their hands forward.

"Goodbye. It's only a pity you were born a human." Licht sighed, though he didn't stop the spell.

"[Unison Magic: Daybreak Equinox!]" Both Arran and Licht chanted as the orb in their hands blasted off towards (Y/N).

"I can block this! I can-" (Y/N) was stopped in his tracks as the orb arrived just a bit before him, exploding into a giant beam of energy as it crashed into him full force, engulfing him in a massive explosion as the barely standing cave shattered completely, causing even more rubble to kick up.

Watching the rubble, Arran sighed as he scratched the back of his head, his magic fizzling away.

"Man...that kid was really good. Would've been awesome to have him in my mercenaries..." Arran sighed heavily.

"He did have noticeable skills...I do wish he had been on our side." Licht sighed as well, before turning on his heel toward Valtos.

"Now then, we're truly done here." Licht walked off, Arran glancing back towards where (Y/N) had been previously, before walking after Licht.

"Such a foolish child. He was simply fighting against the inevitable." Valtos shook his head, gazing with pity at where (Y/N) had stood before.

Turning on his heel and extending his hand, a spatial portal began to manifest.

However, a sudden, berserk mana signature burst through the terrain as the three turned around in alarm, seeing a pillar of midnight blue magic radiating from Phantasm.

"Nice magic you guys have there! You can have it..." (Y/N) smirked, ignoring the blood flowing down his head as he raised Phantasm over his head, the pillar of midnight blue nightfall magic following after.

"...back! [Nightfall Magic: Shadowblade Samsara!]" (Y/N) slashed at the three, giving them no time to react as the magic rocketed towards them, clashing with them in an instant and swallowing them up in a torrent of nightfall magic.

Directly after, (Y/N) fell to his knee, breathing heavily as he heard a foreign ringing in his ears, his vision beginning to go blurry as he could feel everything around him start to numb.

"Damn it...I really went past what I could do today...I barely managed to safely absorb that attack with [Absolute Counter]...though I can tell this version of [Shadowblade Samsara] isn't anywhere near as powerful as the one I used back in Kikka, it should still get the job done with the extra magic provided by absorbing their spell..." (Y/N)'s eyes dulled, stumbling a bit as he felt exhaustion year at his body from all sides, barely managing to look up.

And sure enough, the smoke dissipated as Licht, Arran and Valtos all fell to the floor, vicious wounds on them as blood flowed freely out of the three.

"Damn...it wasn't...enough to kill..." (Y/N) panted, feeling utterly drained, barely managing to lean against Phantasm for support.

Right now, he could barely crouch still, much less manage to walk away, hell, he couldn't even STUMBLE away.

As he tried to recover, (Y/N) didn't notice as a spatial portal slowly appeared next to his fallen opponents.

"Ehhh? Arran-san and Licht-san were defeated?" A curious voice asked, a group of five stepping out of the black spatial portal. The first speaker was a young girl with violet hair.

"Seriously? What kind of monster managed to do this much damage to Captain?" Another voice asked, sounding both amused and surprised. The second voice was a young boy with black hair and cyan highlights.

"What a pain...look at this place." A third voice, belonging to a man with black hair and some white patches, yawned as he looked around.

"Who hurt Licht-san? I'll kill them..." A Fourth voice, belonging to a certain pink haired girl growled.

"First, let me make them taste utmost despair! Who was it...!" The last one, a buff man growled out, his fangs menacingly shining.

"Shit...!" (Y/N) cursed in his mind, hearing the new voices as he tried to make himself move, but to no avail.

"Hehehe! I think I found our culprit! Look over there!" The violet haired girl laughed innocently, looking at the profoundly injured (Y/N).

"Shit! Move! Move! MOVE! GET UP!" (Y/N) yelled inside his mind, hyperventilating slightly, yet he couldn't move a single bit.

"This brat did all this?" The beast-like man asked, glaring harshly at (Y/N).

"Unforgiveable!" The pink haired girl growled out, the scaly lizard like creature on her shoulder roaring.

"He is the most likely case. I mean, he's hurt just like them, and he's even trying to stand up right now." The black-cyan haired boy pointed out, seeing (Y/N)'s muscles shaking as he tried to desperately stand up.

"This is such a pain...let's just finish the kid off and heal Licht and the other guy." The last man, the black-white haired man, yawned as his Grimoire appeared in front of him.

"GET UP! FUCKING MOVE! MOVE (Y/N), MOVE!" (Y/N)'s thoughts became muddled, only seeing the beast-like man appear in front of him, kicking at (Y/N).

(Y/N) couldn't even scream out in pain as he was sent flying back, crashing against a wall.

"Hmph. Looks like Licht and that guy did a number on him, he can't even stand." The beast-like man scoffed, a sinister grin on his face.

"Hey, kid. Did you do this?" The black-white haired man asked, pointing at Licht and Arran.

Not even able to speak, (Y/N) only glared at the group from his indent in the wall.

"Guess you did. Well, since you're going to die, may as well let you know who killed you. Name's Raia, the Disloyal." The black-white haired man introduced himself, yawning.

"I don't need to tell a dead man anything-"

"Yoo-hoo! My name is Leticia, and she's Fana!" Leticia, the violet haired girl, interrupted the pink haired girl as she introduced them both.

"Hehehe! Vetto, the Despair!" The beast-like man laughed wildly, orange magic surrounding his arms and forming spectral claws.

"Guess it's my turn. Name's Sirius. Not that you'll care since, y'know, you'll die soon." Sirius spoke stoically, his eyes shining with amusement.

"I'll let you taste true despair before you die!" Vetto laughed darkly, walking up to the motionless (Y/N), then rearing his fist back as he punched (Y/N) harshly, shattering the wall he was indented in.

"F...fu...fuck...it hurts so much..." (Y/N) could feel his consciousness slipping, but he forced himself to stay awake.

"I-I can't d-die here...get up...you need to...get back home..." (Y/N)'s eyes dulled, Vetto grabbing him and pulling him up by his hair, before punching him in the face as (Y/N) went flying again.

"Augh...my magic is barely able to protect me from the physical impacts...I can't defend against this at all..." (Y/N) sluggishly thought, barely managing to keep himself from passing out as he crashed into a wall.

"Hehehhe! How does this feel, brat?!" Vetto asked, a sinister grin on his face as he pulled (Y/N) up by his hair once again.

"..." (Y/N) murmured something, causing Vetto to look on in surprise before his grin grew.

"What was that? Speak up, brat, I couldn't hear you!" Vetto laughed, seeing (Y/N)'s pitiful state.

"I can't..." (Y/N) began, barely loud enough for Vetto to catch even with his enhanced hearing.

"Die here..." (Y/N) finished, his body growing limp as he passed out, causing Vetto to click his tongue, throwing (Y/N) at a nearby cave wall.

"Tch. He passed out faster than I wanted." Vetto growled, seeing (Y/N) on the floor. Looking at his pitiful state, Vetto didn't even see it as worthy of his time to continue beating him up.

"Ehhh. Just leave him there for now, Vetto-san. We can take him to the base with us!" Leticia smiled innocently, walking up beside Fana as she looked at Arran and Licht, casting a recovery spell with her magic...

And as everyone looked away, they missed the small twitch of (Y/N)'s fingers...

Back at Nean...a few minutes ago...

"Man, this is boring. You needed help with this?" Yami yawned, leaning back lazily into the chair in Rebecca's house, making the other inhabitants sweatdrop.

"Um...I guess?" Alice replied, sweatdropping at everyone in the room.

Reinforcements had uh...arrived?

Currently, Yami, Nozel, Charlotte, Rin, and Jack were all within the house along with Ruby and Finral, not to mention Noelle, Rebecca and herself.

"This isn't worthy of a call for help to the HQ." Nozel scoffed, though he didn't move from the surprisingly comfortable couch that Rebecca had.

"I'll admit...this wasn't what I'd expected." Charlotte spoke out, also sitting on the couch beside Nozel.

"I'm not complaining, this couch is heavenly~! I'll need to buy these for our base!" Rin gushed, leaning back with a pleasant sigh into the couch.

"Kekeke, I've gotten one slash closer to beating you, Yami!" Jack laughed wildly, moving his piece forward in the board in front of him.

"Huh? Don't get cocky, I'll just slash all your pieces at once!" Yami threatened, grabbing his katana's hilt as he looked at the game board in front of the him.

"The Captains everybody..." Alice sighed heavily, before leaning on her hand and looking out the window from the table she leaned on.

"I'll admit, this is some amazing tea. Only second to the ones I make~." Ruby sang, elegantly drinking from a teacup in her hands.

"Ah...it's not all that good." Rebecca replied, flustered.

"Everyone is completely missing the point..." Noelle sweatdropped, seeing everyone just casually lazying around.

However, before the group could say anything more, chatter began kick up from outside.

"Those are...kids voices? They're back?!" Noelle's face suddenly brightened, running towards the door as Alice and Rebecca followed, and indeed, there were various kids reuniting with their parents outside.

However, looking around, they found a distinct lack of a certain group.

"Wait...where are (Y/N), Asta and Gauche?" Alice asked, worry overcoming her face as she saw neither of the three mages within the crowd.

"Those three are also here?" Finral asked, coming out of the house as he looked at all the kids.

"Yeah...they left to find the kids...and if the kids are back they should be too-" Alice began, only for a voice to interrupt her.

"Alice, Noelle, Finral!" Asta's voice interrupted the three, drawing their attention to Asta, who despite being covered in wounds, had Gauche and the Sister over his shoulders.

"Asta!" Alice's eyes widened in horror, seeing the various wounds on the three figures.

"H-healer! We need a healing mage!" Noelle shouted, looking around in worry as Asta collapsed onto the floor, barely having managed to come this entire way with the two on his back.

"Help...(Y/N)...please..." Asta managed to get out, drawing looks of horror from Alice and Noelle.

"(Y/N)?! Where is he!!" The two asked, running up to Asta.

Weakly, Asta managed to point back towards the cavern, Neige walking up beside him.

"He...he stayed behind to fight some people..." Neige began, only to hear Yami speak out.

"Oh...you're here too, kid. Why are so many people needed for this." Yami scoffed, only to hear Neige continue speaking as the other Captains walked out of the house.

"One of them called himself Licht, the leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun...the other guy called himself Arran..." Neige finished, and all of a sudden, all the Captains looked at him, well, more like glared.

"The Leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun..." Nozel started, a savage glare in his eyes.

"Arran...the mercenary from the Seven Specialists..." Rin spat out venomously, the Seven Specialists having had several bouts with the kingdom before.

The Seven Specialists were a group of seven, like the name suggested, that had constantly been a thorn in the side of the Clover Kingdom.

"Who did you say was fighting them?" Charlotte asked coldly, glaring in the direction Asta had pointed in.

"(Y/N) is..." Asta our down Gauche and the Sister, standing back up as he started to run off.

"The kid is...?" Yami asked, his face suddenly turning serious as he looked in that direction.

And suddenly, from that same direction, a tornado of midnight blue magic rose up, casting a clear shadow over the town as everyone saw the massive magic creation in the distance.

"It's that spell again...!" Noelle, Alice and Rin all commented at the same time, seeing the familiar tornado they'd seen back in the Kikka assault.

"But...it's so much weaker than it was before..." Alice gasped, a hand over her mouth as she looked at the attack.

"Finral, make a portal to that place." Yami scoffed, looking at the resident Black Bulls' spatial mage.

"I-I can't..." Finral noted in shock, his magic disintegrating when he tried to make one over in that location. Hearing this, Yami's eyes darkened for a bit.

"Tch...that kids always getting in trouble!" Yami yelled in rage, surprising everyone there as the Captain of the Black Bulls leaped in the direction of the tornado, drawing his sword as he quickly traversed the area, the other Captains, Alice, Noelle, Ruby, Finral and Asta followed after.

If the area was locked down to spatial magic...just what the hell was going on over there?

Back at the Cavern...

"Let's go. Vetto, bring the kid along." Raia yawned, a spatial magic portal appearing in front of the group as Raia grabbed Valtos, slinging him over his shoulder.

"I'll be sure to let the kid taste-" Vetto began, only to stop as he looked back, going silent.

"What's wrong?" Fana asked stoically, turning to look.

And there, a small distance away, was (Y/N)...though he just stood there, no movements at all, no words, nothing...they weren't even sure he was breathing. But he was standing.

"..." (Y/N) extended his hand to his side, a burst of weak void magic flaming in his hand.

Then, the magic intensified, pulsing wildly as (Y/N)'s mana shone, only to fizzle out and fade the next moment.

"Heh...he ran out of magic." Sirius notes, no longer sensing any magic signatures coming from (Y/N).

"I'll just kill him here. [Spirit Magic: Salamander's Breath.]" Fana wasted no time, the lizard on her shoulder breathing in deeply and releasing a torrent of flames towards (Y/N).

However, just as the beam approached, (Y/N) jumped...landing on top of the fiery torrent of flames.

However, he didn't simply become engulfed in flames as everyone had expected, he landed on the magic. His usual (e/c) eyes a dull color, (Y/N) looked at the group silently.

Then, he moved forward just a bit, sending a ripple of magic. However, unlike its usual black color...it was...different. Stronger.

(Y/N) jumped off the beam of magic towards the group, Phantasm flying into his hand as a ripple of white, black and cyan, all mixed together, rippled like a water drop across the flames.

"What?!" Fana asked in shock, seeing (Y/N) not at all affected by the flames of the Flame Spirit, Salamander.

However, before anyone had even realized it, (Y/N) appeared right in front of Fana, his sword already slashing down at her. However...it was different...stronger...

"Hah! Die!" Vetto yelled as he jumped at the silent (Y/N), his arms surrounded in Beast Magic.

Glancing at Vetto with his dull (e/c) orbs, (Y/N) payed him no mind as he slashed down roughly, Fana barely managing to escape as a few wounds formed on her body.

"Such a simple slash yet multiple wounds?!" Leticia gasped out, stunned as Fana jumped back away from (Y/N).

Suddenly, (Y/N) turned and faced the incoming Vetto, lazily slashing at him.

"Gah!" Vetto gasped out, blood coming out of his mouth as he flew back slightly, the single slash having completely overpowered him.

"Ehh...not bad, kid. Let me try." Raia appeared in front of (Y/N), reaching for his Grimoire, however, (Y/N) sword was already enroute to slash Raia's arm off completely, forcing him to teleport away.

"What the hell is this kid?" Sirius muttered, appearing behind (Y/N) as he punched at his head.

Suddenly, (Y/N) dropped to the ground as he did a spinkick on the floor, tripping Sirius and immediately recovering, stabbing down at Sirius' head.

"What the hell?!" Sirius almost yelled, barely managing to move out of the way as the sword crashed down onto where his head was previously.

However, as Sirius jumped away, (Y/N) appeared in front of him again, already slashing at him.

SLASH!

Blood splattered all throughout the area, Sirius eyes widening in horror as he saw Arran in front of him, though he was now missing one of his arms.

"[Shadow Magic: Halcyon's End!]" Arran chanted as pillars of shadow magic descended from above and rose from below the severely wounded (Y/N).

"..." Still, (Y/N) showed no reaction as he spun in the air, a wheel of the same white, black and cyan mixed magic erupted around him, easily slashing through the spell.

Kicking off Arran and jumping off of him, (Y/N) stabbed Phantasm into the side of the cave as he looked at the group emotionlessly, his usual bright (e/c) eyes now a lackluster, dull (e/c).

"Ahh! Master Arran!" Leticia cried, running up beside the now one armed Arran, said man coughing up blood as he held at his now stubbed arm.

"Master!" Sirius shouted in rage, turning to (Y/N) as ice began to form around him.

However, before they could continue, a voice broke through the area.

"ThoSE whO try To tAKE froM ME wiLL AlwAYs meET the SAMe END." (Y/N)'s voice resonated through the broken cave, though his eyes had no change, his voice sounding normal, yet distorted.

"WHat MakeS It so MUCh fUN? WhY DO You TRy to TAKe frOM ME?" (Y/N) continued, Phantasm experiencing a change as its usual black/red colors turned into the same white, black and cyan mix from before.

"What the hell is he talking about?!" Sirius growled, looking at (Y/N) perched on the wall.

"Take from him? What does he mean?" Leticia asked, a violet flame erupting from her hands as she casted a recovery spell on Arran.

"I knew it...*cough* *cough*..." Arran gasped, coughing out some more blood as he looked up at (Y/N).

"That kid...his magic isn't normal...the magic he fought us with...it felt restrained...like it was just a shadow of the real thing..." Arran grunted out, gritting his teeth as he felt the pain assault his mind.

"So this is...it's true form?" Raia asked, looking at (Y/N) just standing on the wall.

"It should be...but before, that kid could barely manage to match my attacks with his spells...now, he didn't even have to use a spell to completely annihilate mine..." Arran gasped out, feeling the pain lessen somewhat from the recovery magic casted upon him by Fana and Leticia.

A grim look formed on Arran's face as he said this, making the others look at each other in an unsure manner.

"Let's finish him in one attack! I refuse to believe he can counter us all at the same time!" Sirius growled, his magic spiking as all the others nodded, even Licht, who had managed to stand up again.

"Vetto!" Raia shouted, Vetto rushing out of the rubble as claws made of beast magic, jumping at (Y/N) and forcing him off the wall.

"Now!" Raia shouted, the group managing to surround (Y/N) in the middle.

"[Copy Magic: Tainted Culvert Wyrm!]"

"[Beast Magic: Shattering Wolf Fang!]"

"[Spirit Magic: Salamander's Claw!]"

"[Light Magic: Light Shaft of Divine Punishment.]"

"[Shadow Magic: Perfect Umbra!]"

"[Shadowfrost Magic: Piercing Sky Lance!]"

"[Starflame Magic: Celestial Nova!]"

The Eye of the Midnight Sun and Seven Specialist mages all casted their spells, surrounding (Y/N) in a circle of attacks.

"NO MattER hoW MAny pESTs tRY, it WILl maKE No diffEREncE." (Y/N) spoke as he gripped the shifted Phantasm's hilt, a stream of the same white, black and cyan mixed magic surrounding its blade.

"[Void Magic: Cataclysm.]" In an instant, slashing down the morphed Phantasm, (Y/N) casted his spell as a serpent-like dragon of the mixed magic erupted from his sword, rebounding around (Y/N) in a vortex like formation, shattering the attacks from all sides.

Furthermore, the Dragon soared by all the Midnight Sun and Seven Specialists mages, leaving only destruction in its wake. Wherever the tricolored-energy dragon soared, reality would bend and break, several rifts forming in the dragon's unstoppable path. As the Dragon reared it's head upwards, it tore through the sky, dissipating with a thunderous roar as a trail of the mixed magic silently reigned in the air, slowly fading into small wisps of tricolored light. In a single spell, the (h/c) haired boy had turned the once peaceful cavern into a broken nightmare.

"This iS ALwaYs tHE OUtcomE." (Y/N) spoke stoically, his eyes still the same dull (e/c) color.

"B———E, S—!" A voice suddenly rang in (Y/N)'s ears, making him slowly turn around to see a strange illusionary figure.

"BREATHE, (Y/N)!" The voice yelled, causing a pulse to run through (Y/N) as he suddenly dropped to the floor, the light returning to his eyes as he held his throat.

"GAHHHHHH!" (Y/N) yelled in immense pain, his lungs feeling as if they were on fire.

"Arc of Time...I need Arc of Time...! Where is Kronos' Arc...!" (Y/N) panicked, struggling to even breath as Phantasm slowly faded back to its usual black/red color, though (Y/N) didn't notice, his attention entirely on the immense pain coursing through his entire body. In the air, the rifts caused by the strange energy began to mend, the energy of the world beginning to converge and reverse the effects of the devastatingly destructive magic.

Black spots began to appear in (Y/N)'s view, though he couldn't manage to move at all.

"This kid...he can't live!" Arran growled, and despite his injuries, he aimed his remaining fist at (Y/N). From that one attack, several injuries were clearly present on every single member of their group...one spell had easily overpowered several of their strongest...if he was allowed to continue getting stronger, than he would certainly pose a problem in the future!

"[Shadow Magic: Abyss Revolt!]"

"[Shadowfrost Magic: Black Ice Burst!]"

Arran and Sirius shot their spells off at (Y/N), making the (h/c) haired boy's eyes widen.

"Move! MOVE, DAMN IT! YOU CAN'T DIE HERE!" (Y/N) thought as he tried forcing himself to move, but he found he couldn't feel anything.

"Damn it...move...you can't...die here..." (Y/N) thought once again, feeling his consciousness begin to slip from severe exhaustion.

"You still need to...make it home..." (Y/N) suddenly thought, though he could only make out an arc of dark magic as he heard a few last words.

"I've got ya, kid." A rough sounding voice spoke out, making (Y/N) glance and see Yami standing there, along with several other figures...

And then, everything faded to black.
————————————————————
Well...that just happened. Some characters might've been a bit OOC, tho...So, what did you guys think of this chapter? I think it came out how I wanted it to for the most part, so I'm happy about that •~•. Anyway, that's an update!

Anywho, till next time!

Current Harem: (Feelings towards (Y/N))
Alice (Loves)
Noelle (Loves)
Mimosa (Crush)
Vanessa (Amused)
Alisia (Friendly)
Rebecca (Interested)
Dorothy (Unknown)
Mariella (Unknown)
Mereleona (Unknown)
Fana (Elf) (Unknown)
Kahono (Unknown)
Ame (Interested)
Lana (Interested)
Sol (Respected)
Secré (Maybe??)
Rin (Respected)
Sylvie (Respected)
Melody (Thankful)

~ Chaoz has logged out. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 2.3K 66
(Warning 18+) Luna has now come to understand the many dark paths that were set for her. All three brothers have grown to taint the purity of her sou...
724K 41K 57
BOYxBOY || ACTION || ROMANCE || FANTASY || LGBT Wickeds have grown to a whopping 3% of the entire U.S. population. No one knows where they origin...
729K 42.2K 128
[mlm] The lonely Elf had waited many years to meet his bonded mate, but reality was harsher than he would have liked when he finds out his mate is no...
2M 83.8K 106
Y/n L/n was your everyday boy; helping out his family, caring for his younger brother, cooking with mother, and collecting wood with father. He was h...