☆JUMP! | .richie tozier

By Manic_Bonez

•In which a poorly written girl named Scarlet Anthony jumps through the horror movie IT. Making one of the bi... More

Yes, I'm Rewriting Everything
2 |"Fuck Off bowers!"
3 |"Well, what game?"
4 |"Not as sweet as you-"
5 |"That's greywater!"
6 |"You just assumed?"
7 |"What's so funny, Tozier?"
OmG! Thank you! ❤❤
8 |"Come on Loverboy,"
9 |"Come save us Beverly!"
10 |"Just shut up Richie!"
11 |"ROCK WAR!"

1 |"Oh, S.S. Georgie."

322 9 31
By Manic_Bonez

[ Not edited! ]

Scarlet quickened her pace as the clouds began to gather in the sky. 

Up to now, the sky had been postcard-perfect, but it was changing. The beautiful Elsa-blue shade was beginning to darken into gravel-grey. Large pillows of cloud were forming, blotting out the old-gold color of the sun.

Scarlet quickly ran across the sidewalk not wanting her books and her backpack to get ruined. She got the first splatter of rain when She was halfway across the street.

She took shelter under a neighbor's porch, hoping that the shower would pass. Droplets of moisture began to drip from the leaves. They were sprinkling onto the grass like a gardener's house. Then the rainfall became more intense.

A wall of rain moved over the porch and the drops were drumming against the roof. It sounded like a million goofballs dropping onto plastic. She backed up checking her book as the rain dropped and splashed. So much rain was falling that the sound blurred into one long, whirring noise.

She stayed there listening to the sound of splashes and water being eaten by the drains.

Eventually, the noise lessened and the rain slowed down into a shower. The clouds were still dark and huge. It didn't look like she was going to make it home to do chores and homework, she also thought that it would be kind of awkward to have a 13-year-old doing their homework on your porch.

Scarlet looked out through the soft rain conjuring up a plan to get home. She shoved her book into her backpack and silently counted down not to a certain number but a certain time when to go.

She jumped over the steps and began running across the street. She felt the rain trickling down her face and hitting her cloths. The water splashing against her ankles as her shoes stoped across the puddles. The rain beginning to fall harder the sound picking up on her backpack as she came to her house just in time. But not noticing the metallic blue car in the driveway.

Scarlet opened the door stepping her flooded shoes onto the wooden floor. She was thought that nobody was home --- as per usual so evidently she slammed the door taking heavy breaths. She rested her head on the backside. Just as she was going to catch her own breath from running someone's shadow stomped right in front of her.

"Why the Hell did it take you so long?" Linda yelled. Linda Owens is Scarlet's babysitter and the school bully, or how she sees it its HER personal very own bully which was NOT what she asked for Christmas but still got that sickening grin in front of her on her doorstep on Christmas day.

"What do you mean? Don't you see the storm that's happening?" Scarlet said in the nicest way possible of saying "What are you blind?! I just came from the loud thundering storm outside from school." But she wouldn't dare.

"No shit, but it doesn't take you that long to walk through shitty water. I don't care how fucked up you get or what your home homework looks like I need you now." Linda growled. Scarlet huffed and lifted her head up to look at her. "What'd you want?" She wined wanting to get this over with.

"What I want, Is for you to shut your mouth about anything I did, you saw, heard. Got it?" she scowled. Scarlet very puzzled looking up at her. "Why? Police better not be coming back" she shakes her head. "Don't fucking mention that! Your stupid ass parents are coming over tomorrow night and I want my cash." Linda rolled her eyes

From all the words that she said which felt like 20, parents were the only ones I could hear clearly. It put me in a daze. That word was a word she hasn't heard in a very long time. Well, at least she heard it but certainly not connected to her in any way.

She slowly staring up at Linda, her eyebrows saddened. "My parents?" She said her soft quiet voice reminded her of how Eleven never heard of the word 'friend'. It came out from her mouth like an alien coming from another planet.

"What did you think I said!? They're coming over tomorrow and you better cover for me." Linda's attitude worsened.

Scarlet sighed and looked at her still locked on her daze yet she thought why would I cover for her. Linda's a Bitch and Her parents probably wouldn't even care since they left her with Linda anyway. "Why would I cover for you?!" She said her voice sounding like it had a double meaning. 'what's the catch?' Or 'whats in it for me'

Linda's face scrunched for a second. Then she looked down her gaze practically towering over Scarlet. "Because if you don't this summer and school will be hell for you and your deadbeat friends." Like if already wasn't Scarlet thought.

"And even if you did tell them who would they believe? Me over a mistake like you." she snarled at her. Like every other time, Linda knew how to shut her down. Maybe that's why she gets so bullied so easily. She lowered her head and remained quiet.

"Alright bitch face I'm going to a friend's house. I'm coming back tomorrow and I better see everything cleaned." Linda adds. Her eyes narrowed down waiting for Scarlet to say something, then she left the room slamming the door shut.

Scarlet Huffed in disappointment. "Whatever" Scarlet ignored the sounds of the car outside leaving the driveway. She locked the front door and turned away grabbing her backpack.
She ran up the stairs to her room stumbling on the way up pouring all the stuff in her backpack onto the bed.

Scarlet's bedroom contains a medium-sized bed that sits in the corner of the room with a window above it and a death star carpet below. If you look up you can see floating candles from harry potter strung to the sealing. The room had posters of bands drawing, painting, and pictures plastered along the walls. There was a closet next to the bed and had shelves that stretched across her room one full of books and one full of movies.

"Books, loose papers, ew not gonna touch it, rappers, this isn't mine,-" she said sorting out the junk in her bag but as she stacked the loose papers a tiny paper boat fell out.

"Oh, S.S. Georgie." She read taking it in hand and placing it to the side. Scarlet's best friend Chloe had just watched the 2017 remake of IT and became a fangirl for an hour. Even though she says she doesn't fangirl she's pretty sure her squealing about the plot and characters is fangirling. Anyway, Scarlet thought about the movie and hadn't seen it in a good while she decided she could try it out.

Scarlet went to the shelf near her bed with all different kinds of movies in it like Back to the Future, Goonies, and Disney movies.

She scanned the shelf for the movie that Chloe talked about and grabbed it. She turned it over reading the back of the DVD. It's just about some boy who lost his brother and fights an evil clown to get him back right? She'll be fine. "what could go wrong I've been in worse." she mutters glancing up at Killer Clowns from Outer Space.

She turned around to the TV that was set on a big table that was short enough to put your leg on it without struggling but big enough do that a 6-year-old couldn't climb on it. She took the DVD out of the case letting it play so all the ads, and commercials pass by. She clicked play once it gets to the main menu and ignoring the creepy piano music.

Subsequently, Scarlet quickly grabs her purple backpack off her floor and sets it on her bed crinkling her sheets while scanning her room for anything she needs.  She scrambled across the room for an old walkman with a cassette from her drawer and carefully puts it inside.

She takes out some bandages knowing that she'll most likely need them, 4 pairs of comfortable clothes, a flashlight, a switch knife since they are going to fight and evil clown, a long rope- if they need it as she did in The Goonies, some hand wipes, her Polaroid, and most importantly a bag of lollipops.

Scarlet shoves on her maroon high tops on her feet as the movie plays and shoves the backpack over her shoulders firmly holding it on her back. Scarlet glances to a clock above her bed setting her watch to 4:30 pm. She then walks backward bumping into her wall.

Taking one step closer, she calms her breathing then she dashes at the T.V at the last moment she jumps through the screen! Feeling warm around the tips of her body navy blue and milky white light outline her form shining brightly as she goes through.

An Oval hole rips out from the open and the navy and milky white lights show up around forming the shape. The girl pops out stumbling forward onto the middle of a street somewhere in a neighborhood a forest surrounding behind her. 

Scarlet gets on her feet breathing heavily dusting off her close which wouldn't be the last time. She looks behind her and grabs a rock. She pulls a lollipop wrapper from her pocket and places it under the rock next to the portal as it closes.

She looks around feeling the sunlight touch her nose and pigtails. She starts her adventure brushing her bangs to the side her feet dragging through the gravel on the floor as she walks through the dull town toward Derry High passing different shops and buildings that remind her of Detroit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 10.9K 80
"Her soft lips pulled into the corner of her cheek as she watched him mouth the lyrics to the song she claimed to love, and Richie couldn't help but...
308 1 29
DISCONTINUED!!! I left it on the best ending I could though 🌹 The summer of 90' they all still remember what happened last year but vowed to not spe...
97.5K 2.4K 60
▂▂▂ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ IN WHICH richie comments on eddie's instagram post, and they become internet friends OR two celebrities start talk...
1.3K 46 21
"I'd feel so lost without you." *DISCLAIMER* *I do not own the It cast. *I do not own the movie IT *I do not own the plot of t...