The Monsters We Hide

By ImmaFrootLoop

Shyanne Beeker has a hard time being the Omega in her pack. She's practically invisible now, but she has lear... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 8

557 27 3
By ImmaFrootLoop

I walked away from him. I couldn't believe how he was acting. We just got suspended from school and his first reaction was to pull his moves on me? There was no way in hell I was doing that. Besides, I told Gage just last night that now wasn't a good time. I'd much rather go out with Gage than Logan. Hell, I'd go out with Ryan before I did anything with Logan. 

       I planned on walking home. I wanted to shift and run home but I actually liked this outfit and I was running low on clothing choices at this point. 

       Why was he acting so weird though? He didn't like me before so what changed? It couldn't be because I broke Mandy's wrist could it? Because that would just be morbid and sadistic. I admit that I felt a pull towards him, like gravity was pushing us together, but there was no way I was letting that happen. 

        There were many reasons that I shouldn't give in. First, he was an Alpha and I was an Omega. Second, he was a terrible person. A Lycan for God's sake! Third, if I fell for him, he would only end up breaking my heart. Fourth, he killed a member of my pack. I didn't give a damn if it was an Alpha's challenge and one of them would end up dead anyway. I was finally being accepted by Cody. Not to mention that Logan almost killed me on the same night, and broke my arm.

        I walked down the road and I was so caught up in my thoughts that when I finally looked around, I had no idea where I was. I was in front of what looked like an abandoned house. The windows and front door was boarded up and the grass was overgrown. I was literally in the middle of freaking nowhere. How did I end up here? I sighed and sat on the cement step.

       I opened my palm and looked at the charm. It was a tiny hourglass filled with fine sand. I felt tears prick my eyes when I thought of my lost parents.

       I never knew them and I don't even know if they're still alive. Mom and Dad (the adopted ones) had sat me down and explained everything to me when I was twelve. I had taken it all in stoically. I didn't feel like I needed my real parents back then. That was when the pack still loved me and it was before my first shift. 

       That's when Mom gave me the necklace. She said that she promised my real mom that she would give it to me when I was of age to take care of it. I put it on and never took it off. 

       I scooted over to the brick column that supported the overhang of the house. It started to drizzle and even with my hoodie on, I felt cold. I pulled my arms inside of it and brought my knees to my chest, stretching the hoodie to cover my legs too. I wrapped my arms around my legs and laid me head on my knees, leaning against the column.

        I wished that I could just forget everything bad that has happened to me. I knew that I couldn't though. Where would we all be if we were always happy and jolly with no struggle in our lives? We'd be stuck up and bratty, always wanting things our way. Our problems are what give us character and courage and I loved those qualities in strong people. I envied them. 

       I sighed and closed my eyes, listening to the pitter-patter of the rain against the tin roof of the house. It was so soothing and calm and I wanted to stay here forever.

       I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up, it was completely dark. It was still raining and I squinted my eyes to look at the headlights coming down the road. I looked around, confused at where I was and then I remembered what happened.

       I slowly stood up and realized that the rain was pounding down now. I saw lightning in the distance and started counting out of habit. 1, 2, 3, 4. Boom. The storm was four miles away. I should get home. Once I figured out which direction it was in. I pulled my hood over my head and started walking back the way I came. The dirt road was muddy under my feet.

       I had to squint through the rain that was falling on my lashes, but it was still difficult to see. There were no streetlights here and even my werewolf eyesight was no help.

       I  kept walking, trying to look for any familiar landmark that I might recognize. I heard a weird droning sound and by the time I saw the car coming towards me, it was too late. The front bumper slammed into me but stopped. I fell to the ground and I felt pain in my ribs. The car door opened then slammed closed.

       "Jesus Christ Annie! Why did you hit my car like that," asked a familiar voice. I couldn't help but laugh while I was on the ground and I reached up to take Gage's helping hand. 

       "Tell your car to get out of my way next time," I threw back. He chuckled and helped me to the passenger side. Once we were inside, I relished the heat of the car. "Why the hell didn't you use your headlights, you dumbass?"       

       He looked at me with a straight face. "Maybe I just wanted to run you over without you running away," he said, like it was obvious. A second later, he burst out laughing and I shook my head. "If that's the case then you are a terrible person," I said.

       He scoffed and I smiled. "I'm hurt. I can't believe you think that about me." I rolled my eyes and then he smirked at me. "I'm a great kisser though, right?" I looked over at him and laughed. 

      "Sure, sure," I teased. He looked offended and I laughed again. "Who could be better than me," he asked. Logan. I almost said that out loud. I have never even kissed Logan before. That thing in the library yesterday didn't mean anything because I didn't kiss him back. I needed to get a life. Soon.

       "You got me," I said, hoping he didn't notice my pause in thought. "I have no idea." He smiled triumphantly making me chuckle. It was silent in the car for a few minutes until he sliced through the silence with his voice. 

       "What were you doing all the way out here in the first place?" I just shrugged and answered honestly. "I was walking home and I guess I was so lost in thought I didn't know where I was." Then I turned my body towards him. "How did you know where to find me?" He smiled a little.

       "I didn't know. I've been driving around for hours looking for you. The alpha left about an hour after he arrived home saying he was going out to look for you. He hadn't come back yet, so I decided to add another search party," he explained. 

       I only nodded in reply. Why was Logan looking for me? If he thought he was going to get anything out of acting like he cared then he was badly mistaken. 

       "I got suspended," I said, trying to break another lengthy silence. His eyebrows lifted and he glanced at me. "Why?"

       "One of Logan's sluts decided that they could try to fight me. It didn't last long though. I broke her wrist after she broke my necklace." 

        "She broke your mom's necklace?" I nodded and he grabbed my hand over the console. "I'm sorry Anne." He knew how much that necklace meant to me and I could tell that he was trying to comfort me, but it didn't help much.

       He changed the subject quickly because he knew me well enough to know that I didn't want to talk about it, though I couldn't say the new subject was much better. "Who's Logan?"

       "Logan. The new alpha, Logan," I informed him. His eyes widened in surprise. "I didn't know he went to school with you," he said. I nodded once and then looked out the window. "You shouldn't call him just Logan though. You'll get in trouble." I snorted. 

       "By who," I said sourly.

       "By Alpha Logan."

       "And? I call him Logan all the time and he hasn't said anything about it." His eyes widened and his grip tightened on my hand for just a second. 

        "I thought… well, he got mad at Aaliyah earlier because she was trying to flirt with him and called him Logan. He told her that everyone should treat him by Alpha, just like we did with Cody." I rolled my eyes. "He's not Cody though. He hasn't earned my respect yet so until then I will continue to call him Logan."

       Gage stared at me for a few more seconds then trained his eyes back on the road. We arrived home and I got out of the car. The rain had died down to a light drizzle but it was enough to soak me through again.

        I shivered and Gage threw his arm around me. I didn't mind at all. He was warm and I leaned into him as we walked up the steps. As soon as we walked in, I was hit with Logan's scent. He still smelled amazing in the rain. It also meant that he was back and I didn't feel like putting up with his bullcrap right now.

       Gage looked down at me and asked "Wanna go watch a movie in my room? I'll let you pick the movie." I smiled at his bribery and nodded. He smiled wolfishly and then before I knew it, he picked me up off the ground and threw me over his shoulder.

       "Gage! Put me down! You know I hate it when you do this." I hit his back and he just chuckled and kept walking. He reached up and grabbed my side, tickling me and I squealed. "Stop! Put me down. Please," I set in my best pleading voice. He paused for a moment but then we heard a new voice a few feet away.

       "What the hell are you two doing?" Gage set me down immediately and I glared at him. He couldn't do it when I asked? I looked over and saw Logan standing there. He looked angry and he was glaring at Gage like he stole his steak. I accidentally giggled at the visual that thought brought me and they both looked at me so I stopped. 

        "Where have you been," Logan asked me. "Getting run over," I grumbled so quietly that only Gage could hear and he let out an abrupt laugh before one look from Logan shut him up.

        "I was walking but then I fell asleep. Happy now?" He didn't look all that happy though.

        "What if something happened to you Shyanne? I was worried about you." I snorted. 

         "Now you're worried about me? What happened to worrying about me when you were trying to kill me, huh? What happened to worrying about me when you let me walk home? You didn't even come after me, but now you're worried about me? It was your fault I had to walk home in the first place." 

         "It was not my fault! I didn't tell you to walk away, but you had to be stubborn. I only let you leave because you were mad and I figured you wanted space!" We were yelling at each other now.

        "It's still your fault because I wouldn't have been mad in the first place if you hadn't tried to kiss me!" I immediately clamped my mouth shut. I didn't really mean to say that. Logan's blue eyes grew hard and he fumed silently. I spun around and grabbed Gage's hand. "Come on Gage. Let's go." No one else said a word as I dragged Gage upstairs and stopped at his bedroom door. 

        We squeezed in on the small loveseat that was across from the large TV that he had on the wall. "You didn't tell me he tried to kiss you," Gage said. 

       "Can we not talk about it," I asked quietly. He nodded once and changed the subject. "We should change clothes. Mine are sticking to me and it's a little uncomfortable." I nodded in agreement. To be honest, I completely forgot about our drenched clothing. He stood up and walked over to his closet. He pulled his shirt over his head and I looked away and stood up. "I'll be back," I told him. 

        I walked out of his room and up the stairs. Once I was on the fourth floor, I was surprised to see Logan standing outside my door. His eyes were closed and his forehead was rested against the door. As if he felt my gaze on him, his head snapped up and looked at me. He stepped away from the door and I walked past him into my room. Before I could close the door, he pushed against it and stepped inside. "What are you doing?" 

        He took a deep breath and then exhaled. "I'm sorry. About everything. I don't understand what's happening to me and it's become harder to control myself." I could hear the sincerity dripping from his voice but I wasn't buying his apology for one second. I grabbed the bottom of my hoodie and pulled it off, leaving me in a stretchy tank top and my jeans.

       "Will you leave now? Gage is waiting for me in his room if you don't mind." Something flashed in his eyes and he clenched his fists at his sides.

       "What are you doing in his room?" I narrowed my eyes. Why is he acting like this? 

       "I don't think that's any of your business. We can do whatever we want in his room." He let out a deep guttural growl and his eyes had visibly darkened. Suddenly, he rushed at me and pinned me against the wall. He brought his lips down to the hollow of my neck and I gasped.

       My mind was telling me to push him off, get away from him, but my body thought otherwise. It was like I no longer controlled my limbs the second his lips met my skin. 

       My arms came up and got tangled in his hair. My breathing was shallow, my heart was pounding erratically, and my legs were quivering. My brain was screaming at me now. Stop this! Don't let him get you that easily! I felt his teeth begin to nibble my collarbone and that's when it clicked. Is he marking me?

       I finally pushed against him and he stumbled back in a daze. I took several deep breaths, trying to calm down. The heat between my legs wasn't going away though and I knew he could smell it if I could. Damn you, traitorous body and hormones. "What are you doing?" 

       He looked just as confused as I felt. "I- I don't know." He shook his head as if he were clearing it and for a moment, he seemed back to normal. He took a deep breath and that second of normality stopped. He was up against me once more and this time, he pinned my hands against the wall. I struggled against him but it was no use. I had werewolf strength, but I didn't have Lycan strength, which put me at a disadvantage. 

        This time, he didn't try to put his lips on me. He just stared into my eyes for a while and I had no idea how much time had passed. "Don't go back in there. Please," he whispered softly. 

       "Why not," I asked defiantly. 

       He took another deep breath and exhaled. His breath fanned over my face and I shivered. He smelled so good, I wanted to taste him just so I could see if it compared to his scent. What the heck? Did I really just say that to myself? 

       "Because you're mine and I don't like sharing," he said possessively. I felt a flash of anger. He can't do that. I'm not his or anyone's. I'm not some possession that he can claim.

       "I'm not just some object that you can call yours. I'm not yours or anybody's for that matter. I don't like you, I don't want you, so let me go and get the hell out of my room Alpha," I spat. He flinched and let me go, then silently left out of the room. 

       I walked into my closet and changed into sweatpants and a dry tank top. I went over and laid on my bed. I didn't feel like going back to Gage's room. I grabbed my phone and texted him.

Me: Hey. I'm sorry but can we reschedule movie night? I'm tired.

Gage: Of course. Don't get hit by any cars while you're asleep;)

       I laughed and told him goodnight before setting my phone back on the nightstand. Despite my claims of being tired, I never went to sleep that night. I stayed up, thinking about everything that had happened. 

       It wasn't until six in the morning that I managed to close my eyes and drift off to sleep.        

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 13K 50
After becoming truly omnipotent he lost what was supposed to be his everything. His chosen. His beloved. Call it what you will, he lost a part of his...
9.9K 588 15
Supernatural beings have been exposed to the public. For now everything sits in comfortable inconspicuousness, as the oldest beings wanted it. They'v...
149K 5.1K 52
** Please read The Alpha's Beta (BOOK 1) before this, or you might get a little bit lost along the way :) ** Life, it's not always fair. It never tur...
19.4K 601 37
Aurora O'Harrin has been a Hunter of the supernatural since the age of five. Her family specializes in demons, a revenge fueled passion. At some poin...