The Monsters We Hide

By ImmaFrootLoop

Shyanne Beeker has a hard time being the Omega in her pack. She's practically invisible now, but she has lear... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 6

608 28 10
By ImmaFrootLoop

       It was dark and I couldn't see much of anything, even with my excellent eyesight. I turned my head every which way, but I didn't know what I was searching for. I started running, and I didn't know where I was going. I just let my feet carry me. I ended up in the clearing, where the Alpha's did their challenges and screamed.

       The pile of broken and bloodied bodies were all members of my pack. Aaliyah, Mom, Dad, Mackenzie, Abby, Jeremy, Darius, Kollyn, Celeste, and Cody. Their glazed eyes all stared back at me, blank and lifeless. I never stopped screaming. I turned to run, but he was there. Logan looked down at me in his Lycan form. "Where are you running to, little Omega?" 

       I turned and ran but he was there again. He was everywhere and I couldn't get away from him. I fell to my knees and cried. "Logan, don't do this," I pleaded. It was useless though. They were all dead already. His canines extended before he leaned down to me. His beautiful eyes were the last thing I saw before he plunged his teeth into my neck.

       I jolted awake. He was standing over me, his hands on my shoulders. I jumped up quickly and scrambled back in my bed, not wanting to be anywhere near him. "Stay away from me," I said. I felt the lump in my throat and realized I was crying. I wiped my tears away and looked him in his cold, ice blue eyes.

       "You were having a nightmare," he stated matter of factly. "You wouldn't stop screaming so I had to wake you up so that I could finally get some decent sleep," he said.

       I took a deep breath. "Well then I'm sorry to wake you, Alpha," I spat. His eyes hardened even more and his jaw locked. He stood up silently and walked out of my room. I sighed in relief then curled back under my covers. I lay in a fetal position, trying to wipe the nightmare from my mind, but my efforts were in vain. The image was burned in my brain. 

        My whole family was dead and it was his fault. I know he didn't actually do it and it was all a figment of my wild imagination, but it was still there, locked in my memories with no hope of ever getting out. Finally, I managed to fall back into a dreamless sleep this time. 

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I've been dragging along all day. School was complete torture for me. My arm was okay enough to be put in a brace instead of a cast-like bandage, but luckily, no one here cared or liked me enough to ask what happened because I have no idea what I would tell them. This thought only made me realize that I need friends. 

        I walked into to English lit, and he was already there. He was seated directly in the middle of the classroom yet again, with girls surrounding him on all sides. It looked like he was actually encouraging some of them and I rolled my eyes. He looked like the playboy type of guy. Kind of.

        I sat in the far corner again, but this time, a guy came to sit beside me and a girl sat beside him. The guy turned to look at me with a smile on his face. He was actually kind of cute, but he didn't compare to Gage, and definitely not Logan. 

       "Hi," he said. "I'm Ryan." I gave him a small smile.

       "Shyanne," I said. He smiled wider and the girl beside him leaned forward. 

       "Shyanne is a really pretty name. I'm Krystal," she said. I smiled politely and said "Nice to meet you both." I was grateful when the professor walked in and started the lesson. It's not that I wasn't happy to meet new people, but I wasn't a very social person and all the friends that I did have were from the pack, and I didn't even have those.

        I diligently took notes and listened to the professor. Even though it was only the second day of school, the professor told us that we had to do a creative writing assignment that was a pure work of fiction. Then he dismissed us and I gathered my things to leave.

        I quickly walked past Logan, not wanting to deal with him right now, but I stopped when I heard my name being called. "Shyanne!" I turned around and Ryan was walking up to me. 

        "What's your next class," he asked when he was a couple feet away from me. "I have a free period next," I replied. He started talking, but something over his shoulder caught my eye. 

         Logan was writing something on a small slip of paper and a busty blonde chick was standing patiently in front of him. He put the pen in his pocket and folded up the piece of paper then slid it into the girls bra before winking at her. She practically swooned!

        The bad part was that Logan was encouraging more than just that one, and my suspicions were confirmed. What a whore!

        "Who's a whore," Ryan asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him with widened eyes. I hadn't meant to say that out loud. "Sorry. I wasn't talking about you." He turned his head to where I was staring just a moment ago. 

        He looked back at me with a smile. "Were you talking about the blonde or the guy?"

        "The guy," I muttered. 

        "Oh. Yeah, that's Logan. He has a new girl almost every week. He was in my economics class last semester," Ryan informed me. I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I had never seen him here before now. I didn't know he'd been here for that long. 

        As if he could feel my eyes on him, Logan looked directly at me and winked. He actually winked at me as though I were one of his play toys. I glared at him and turned my attention back to Gage, who noticed the whole exchange.

       "Uh… is there something going on between you two? Because I don't want to chase after you if you're unavailable," Ryan said.

        I scoffed. "Logan is the last person on Earth I would ever want to be with. Wait. Did you just say you're…" Ryan chuckled and nodded. "Yeah. I guess I am. It's hard not to though. You're very beautiful." I practically choked on the air. I began coughing and my eyes watered. This guy must be legally blind or something. 

        When I recovered, I looked at him and said "Thanks, but I think you need your eyes checked." He smiled and shook his head a little.

        "I have 20/20 vision. I think I can tell when someone's worth looking at," he said. If I was any other person, I would have blushed at his compliment, but I'm me so I just snorted.

        "Whatever helps you sleep at night," I muttered. I walked out and was surprised that Ryan didn't follow me out. I went to the bathroom and self consciously looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't know what Ryan was talking about. I looked pretty average. 

         I assessed myself like I was seeing myself for the first time, trying to put it in perspective. I had long, straight, dark brown hair that ended at my waist and my skin was smooth and clear. My face was rounding but it came to a point at my chin. I had a tiny button nose that I hated because my family used to tease me about how "cute" it was. My eyes were a deep dark blue with little flecks of ice blue. My eyes were the only feature that I liked because I had never seen anyone with eyes like mine.

         I looked down at my body, trying to see myself as others saw me. I was taller than the average American woman and I stood at five foot ten inches. I had long legs that I loved because they were good for running. I had curves but I didn't show them since I always wore baggy clothes in public, like jeans and a hoodie. 

       I still didn't know why Ryan called me beautiful though. I appreciated it, but I don't like liars either. I took a deep breath and left the bathroom to enjoy my free period. I went out to the courtyard and sat at the wall again. I liked this spot. It was shady and secluded. I pulled out a novel I had been reading and found my bookmarked page. The hairs on my arms rose and I slammed my book shut. Would it kill him to leave me alone?

        I looked up to see that he was across the courtyard, sitting on one of the bench tables. He looked at me the moment my eyes found him and I could see the corner of his mouth tilt up.

        He stood up and pushed past the blonde that he was talking to earlier. Then he started walking towards me and I stood up, about to leave. "Are you skipping class too, Shyanne?" I locked my jaw and said nothing. I realized that the blonde had followed him over here. I started to walk away when I heard a feminine voice speak up behind me.

        "He's talking to you bitch, so why don't you answer him." I stopped dead in my tracks and slowly turned to face her. She had her hand placed on her jutted out hip and she was chewing gum. "Excuse me? I can hear just fine, thank you very much. I don't need some bitchy blonde telling me what to do. Why don't you take your ass back where you came from and put some clothes on because I don't think you should bring your prostitution job to school with you, hun." 

         I forced a coy smile and turned on my heel again. I heard the slut shriek in anger then I felt my hair being tugged. "Take that back, you stupid brat!" Jesus. What the fuck was she? Five?

        I used my uninjured hand and grabbed her wrist so she would stop pulling my hair. I bent it back enough to cause her pain but I didn't want to break it. Yet. She cried out in pain and brought her other hand up. She scratched at my neck and then her fingers wrapped around my necklace and pulled. 

        Before I could comprehend what was happening, the necklace snapped and the charm flew. I gasped and looked at her. I was furious now. I moved my fingers and heard her wrist snap. I broke it, but I felt no remorse. I looked around the ground and picked up the charm that had broken off. I wanted to cry. I know it was babyish of me, but I've always had this necklace and i have never, not once, taken it off. 

        It was the last thing I had from my birth mother. Yes, my birth mother. The woman I called Mom now wasn't my biological relative. None of them were. My real mother had given me to this pack when I was a month old and her and my adopted parents were close friends. That's the reason I've never truly been accepted. It's the main reason that I'm an Omega too, along with me screwing up orders all the time. 

        The blonde chick was still crying, but suddenly, I was pushed up against the wall and an achingly familiar scent filled my nose. I braced myself for Logan's fury and I knew that I would get in trouble. 

        When I looked up though, I was surprised that there was no anger in his eyes. They were hard and searching mine intently. He was squeezing my arms against the wall a little too tight and I grunted in pain, wondering what was wrong with him. 

        "Logan," I hissed. "Let go." His eyes widened just a fraction of an inch and he released me. He didn't move back though. He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply, over and over again. It was a little weird and a lot creepy and I wondered what had gotten into him. 

         "Hey! What in the world is going on here?" 

         I whipped my head around to see the headmaster rushing towards us. I glanced down and remembered the blonde on the ground. "She broke my wrist," she shrieked. It was earsplitting and I wondered how she got her voice to get that high. It could honestly compete with a dog whistle, which was pure torture for the eardrums.

         I pushed Logan away from me and went towards the headmaster, my head held high. I wasn't going to lie to him, and I wouldn't beat around the bush either. When I was walking away, I heard Logan growl. What the hell is wrong with him?

        "She needs a nurse," I said. "I broke her wrist because she came at me, and I didn't mean to, honest. She pulled my hair and I just grabbed her wrist to get her to stop and then she broke my necklace, and I guess I moved wrong or something," I confessed.

        He looked at the blonde that had tears streaming down her face. Her mini skirt was riding much too high and all I had to say was that I hoped she would buy some underwear soon.

        "Miss Cooper, is this true?" I wasn't expecting her to actually nod her head. I thought she would lie or something, but I was grateful that she didn't and for the tiniest second, I felt bad. 

        The headmaster helped her up and told us to follow him to his office. We all did so, compliantly. Everytime I looked over, Logan was staring at me. It was super weird and I didn't like the gleam in his eyes. 

         Soon, we were both sitting in front of a large oak wood desk, opposite the headmaster, while Mandy, I had learned her name, was in the nurse's office, getting a brace on her hand. The headmaster questioned us and we both told the truth. After suspending us both for a week, he dismissed us and we walked out. Once we were out of the building, Logan grabbed my waist and pulled me against him. What the hell was wrong with him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707 49 11
Kenna Andrews wanted a change of scenery after what happened in her job. She heads to the small town of Willow Creek. Willow Creek to most people is...
63.6K 4K 42
Secrets...in every family,friendship and relationship exists some kind of secret. They always find a way to exist,to manipulate and control someone's...
403K 14.7K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...
8K 475 21
Rudina, just a normal girl with purple eyes, or so she thought. She has always been aggressive, but has always found a way to contain so she'll come...