The Royal Agreement

By PsyreAlaina

CURRENTLY REVISING. Expect updates but it is just the revision of the story. I hope you like it. A college gi... More

Basically, Why the Agreement Happened.
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
His Smile
The Flight to Denmark
The Engagement
The Prince in Shining Armor
The Royal Agreement
First Date
The Wedding Dress
Paige and Jamie
Andersine and the Two Long Tables
The Wedding
The Unwanted Visitor
The First Day
The Past That Was Never Told
Elena: The Lady Predator
Merry Christmas :)
Nightmares
Kidnapped
Queen Agatha
War
Margarithe
The Italian Rebellion
The Beginning
REVISION

Chapter Four

13.9K 379 14
By PsyreAlaina

We already arrived in the palace and my mom woke me up to inform me we're here. I scratched my eyes and I stepped out of the car. Then I surprised myself to where I am looking at right now. I've seen this place before. I've seen this on the photo that I took from my parents.

I was busy looking around the complex area of the place and I was in awe. I was here before! I don't know when but my senses shout that I was here before. After some moments of unloading the cars, a pool of staff greeted us, and a fine old woman approached my Mom and Dad. She curtsied to my parents and even curtsied to me. I was surprised with the formalities and I'm not sure if it was acceptable to be given those formalities when we aren't even royalty ourselves.

"Welcome back to Amalienborg Palace!" Welcome back? "I'm sure you had a tiring journey ahead. We would be escorting you to your rooms, so you can further rest. The Queen and the Queen Mother will be meeting you later today together with the Crown Prince.

We were escorted to our rooms and I was three bedrooms away from my parents. Mine looks like a room of a princess. I don't know if I deserve to be here. But I cannot question it because I'm suffering from amnesia. I don't really know who I was.

I looked around and everything was toned with the color of old rose and white. This was too much for a simple girl like me. I walked around and I decided to open one of the wardrobes in here. It was surprisingly filled with dresses and the clothes I never imagined that I will wear. I immediately closed it. I walked to the bed and I lay down staring at the ceiling. Right now, I could have done a dissecting of a cat. Maybe I would've been performing a Biochemistry experiment, but I'm here in Copenhagen with full hopes of answering the questions in my mind. The vague memories I had.

For a while, I closed my eyes and I felt the boredom itching. I stood up and walked out of the room. I don't know if this is allowed but I walked around the palace seeing staff greeting me and I greet them back. I was about to step out the huge majestic double doors when I saw Victor climbing up the stairs.

I stopped and stared at him. What the hell? He looked up and saw me. His eyes widen and he also stopped in his tracks. What is he doing here?

I blinked hard. He spoke first. "I was about to fetch you, Geiyianne. Where are you going?"

"I was bored. Strolled around this floor."

"The staff allowed you?"

I shrugged. "Nobody stopped me. They kept on greeting me. What are you doing here?"

"You'll find out soon. Before that, we need to go to the other palace to meet my grandmother. They want us there. I have no idea what it is about, we just have to comply."

I nodded. We went to the palace to the right of where the palace I'm staying in is. I noticed that the staff kept on bowing to him and I felt like they were bowing to me, too. Even curtsying. We went upstairs and stopped in front another majestic double door. The interiors of this place were contrasting to the vintage theme of the palace where I am staying in.

Victor straightened his back. Two guards were waiting outside the room and they were holding the knobs, ready to open it for us.

"I don't know what they are talking about inside, but we should go. It seemed that they badly need us."

I breathed in and looked at the clothes I'm wearing. It was so informal, did not fit where I was and here is Victor, waiting for the guards to open the doors, wearing a crisp powder blue shirt and gray pant suit, his hair fixed neatly in place, no baby hair sticking out. He also smells divine. However, there is me, wearing a Pusheen t-shirt and jeans with white tennis shoes, I never felt so out of place in my entire life.

The guards already pulled the doors open. Victor offered his arm and I took it. We both walked inside a wide room. Looking around I saw four people in the center. I saw my Mom, Dad, the Victoria person from weeks ago and another elegant woman who looked a bit like Victor. They all flashed a mix of emotions that I cannot even pin one to it. Victor beside me is also stressed.

Also, I don't know why my Mom and Dad are here. I suddenly felt belittled that I don't even know anything about my family, and their little meeting with full of tension was making me anxious.

We approached them and Victor bowed to Victoria and the other lady with us. "Grandmother, Mother." Oh, so this is his Mom. She looked very beautiful, near my Mom's age or the same. She has holding my Mom's hand.

I immediately bowed to them both, pressured that Victor had to bow to them. Victor offered me the seat next to him and they were all looking at us. I looked at my Mom and Dad, and they looked at me with worry. Dad was sitting straightly, with a clipped aura. He felt like a different person now. Mom, ever soft, looked very worried to me. What happened?

"Why did you call us now?" Victor broke the tensioned silence in the room. I scanned them all before pulling my eyes down to my lap, clasping my hands because of this crippling anxiety in me. If they don't speak, I might as well puke.

Dad cleared his throat and he sat upright looking at Victoria. Before Victor's mom could speak, there was a knock on the door and two servers came rushing in the wide room. They put down some snacks and refreshments.

Leaving, I heard them call everyone here; "Your Majesty, Your Highness."

What? Everything is messed in my mind right now, running anxiety and this formal address for royalties. Where the heck am I? Who are these people with me? Who is Victor? Who is Victoria?

When the two servers came out, Victor's mom spoke, talking to my Mom. "Gera, should we still push through? Considering their ages and the situation?"

Victoria answered, "Malthe is in a very critical state right now and we need to decide, Ida. This is for Denmark. Victor is the future king!"

I tried to suppress my shock by staying silent and flashing Victor beside me a quick glance. King? What king? He can't be...

"Mother... What about Geiyianne? Her state?" Ida said softly.

Victoria looked at me and I immediately pulled my gaze down to my clasped hands. "She would soon recover. We could fill her in."

"Okay, enough of this." Victor said loudly. "Why are we here? What is there to be discussed with us? I know Dad is in a critical state and I might soon take his place as King. Why are we even called here?"

I heard Mom sigh making me look at her. She looks pretty worried. My dad answered Victor, "As the future King of Denmark, you the Crown Prince is agreed to be wed to the Granddaughter of Queen Victoria's best friend, Agatha."

"What?!" My eyes widen and I immediately stood up. "Wed?"

Maybe I turned deaf of something's inside my ear. A lot of information has been forced into my system, that they haven't even registered in me. I looked at Mom, Dad, the Queen Victoria, Ida and Victor with disbelief. Victor has that grim look on his face like he was ready to jump on someone and punch them in the face.

"You and Victor are to be married, Geiyianne. By the wish of your late grandfather and Victor's grandfather. Also, to me and my dear friend, Agatha, your grandmother."

I gaped at the elderly in front of us. I felt my ears ringing and my senses shut down automatically. Married? Twenty-one years of age and married? I have no idea that this trip to Denmark was inclusive of a husband and my freedom snatched!

I know I shouldn't be complaining because I am to be tied to a beautiful place but my freedom? I haven't even absorbed that Victor is a prince. A royalty! This match was impossible!

"Y-you must be mistaken! I'm not a Princess! A royalty can't marry a commoner..." I tried with all my might to argue about this agreement. They would not make me do this. My words even failed me. Leaving me gaping at them, in awe of what I have heard just now. Amazed on how they arrived into that deal that they're selling their daughter to these people who I barely know. I don't even know their true identities!

"A commoner can always marry a royalty, Geiyianne. Remember that," Victoria said softly. I hear also the alarm in her tone.

"No... You can't do this." I looked at my parents. They were pleading. Mom was even holding my arm to stop me from my rage. I am a woman, independent and would make my own decisions with marriage. What is this? The medieval times? I may be a commoner, but I still hold dearly onto my rights.

"I'm sorry, Mom, Dad. I cannot do this. You cannot do this to me."

No one can ever do this to me. I bolted out the wide room, running out the palace and I stopped when I heard my Mom and Dad calling me. Angrily, I faced them, and I might even spit out venom for all I care!

"Geiyianne... hear us out, darling," Mom said, stopping just a meter away from me. "This was your grandfather's last wish before he died. Please, honey. Consider this."

"How would a dead person even argue with his last wish? I wouldn't marry a stranger, Mom!"

"Geiyianne!" Dad's tone grew stronger and I was taken aback. He never used that. "The royal family of Denmark helped us in times of great need. You might not know, but we owe them a lot."

"And you make me your payment for the transactions they made on us?"

"Geiyianne. Mockery wouldn't answer this. This is your grandfather's wish. His image and our friendship with Denmark will be damaged severely if this wedding didn't push through. Victor is already facing problems himself being next in line for the crown and people expect him to be married when the time comes."

"You expect me to be his wife, an amnesiac?"

"Amnesiac or not, Geiyianne, you are lovely," Mom said. "Please. This was expected. We didn't not see it coming sooner. Please think about it."

"Are you really giving me that away easily?" I said, resigned. Tired from the trip, the discussion inside. My head is already throbbing hard and I'm doing my best to keep it cooled down or else, I might cause a fiasco.

"We don't want to, but this is a word we should keep. Our word is as strong as paper. This marriage will unlock a lot, Geiyianne."

That easily, they gave me away? I looked at them. They looked like they really owed them a lot seeing how good they took care of Victoria when she visited us back in Seattle, but they were always like that. They always are welcoming. A marriage? I shook my head and I felt a tear drop falling from my eyes.

"What would we lose if I didn't agree to this?"

"Our name. Our heritage. Hundreds of years of friendship, Geiyianne. Our honor." Dad approached me and hugged me tightly. "My dearest daughter, you may not know right now, but soon, you will know how badly we need Denmark beside us. Soon, honey. We're just setting the cards right. This is for your future."

I don't even know what to think of anything right now. I'm so resigned about this talk. I badly want to rest. I hugged my dad tightly and he rubbed my back. I would probably unlock a lot if I married Victor like I'm winning a game. Dad sounded very desperate. I don't remember a lot, but they seemed very close to this family.

Maybe marrying Victor would lead me to a lot of memories coming out. Maybe being tied to Denmark would make me remember things that would be tied to what my Dad is saying.

I need to talk to Victor first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 11.9K 20
[CURRENTLY REVISING] (The 2nd Book of The Royal Series) Geiyianne left Victor after knowing their marriage was not valid and it had complications. Sh...
308 24 41
Davina Windsor's entire life has been based on becoming the Queen of Windsorton. The fake relationships, stiff personalities, and regular assassinati...
1.4M 34K 40
AnnaMaria Romanoff grows up with an adoptive family, thinking that her biological parents were working class citizens of the country of Chirnova, who...
223K 8K 28
Okay..... This is my very first book short but completed ✅ Hope you like it. Blurb: So what are we going to call this twist ? Twin betrayal ? Ya ... ...