DOUBLE EDGED A Harper's Book...

By nikkihershell

King is struggling to find his place within the Harper Empire. Holding on to guilt over his parent's death ha... More

Who Am I?
Jet Lagged
Fake Stash
Rude Awakening
Wakey Wakey
Step Aside, the Queen is Back
Booked
Meet Frankie Knight
Swim Your Way Out Of This
String Of Hope
Pick Pocket Fox
Listen Up!!
Just When I Think I'm Okay
The Gist Of It
You Again
I'm Here To Win
According To Plan
Guess Who's Back
Tipped Off
Spilling The Beans
Seen Too Much
Claimed And Don't Even Realize It
Pushing The Boundaries
Rearranging
The Missing Piece
Vivid
Pushed Away
The Hunt Just Got Real
Did It This Time
Making Changes
Not Quick Enough
Eye's Wide Shut
So Many Backs, So Many Blades
Karma's Knocking
Queen Mother
Facing The Monster
Not Totally Convinced
Flames Of Despair
Heart, Body And Soul
Let The Healing Begin
Mermaid Hair, I Don't Care
Paper Trails
Giggly Powder
Poll Time
Friend Zone
The Big Reveal
Here Comes Trouble
Sink Or Swim
Black Sheep
Three To Tango
Being Bad Just Feels So Damn Good
Tid Bit (disregard. changes have been made)
Battle Of Love
Refusing The Heart
Razzle Dazzle
Surprise Guest
Yea, About That Mafia Life
The Past Comes Back To Bite
Well, I Didn't Expect That Reaction
Wildcard Up My Sleeve
Conversation Starter
Time To Go Back
Two Pink Lines
Changed
Poking The Bear
Small World
The Search
Making Of A Queen
She Means Business
Claiming What Is Mine
A Gift For You
The Queen Is On The Prowl
Risen
Put Some Stank On It
Witchery Trickery
Squander
Coming To Terms
And In They Came
Hear Me Roar
Unexpected Ally
What Doesn't Kill You...
Mess Of Messe
Silent Understanding
This Isn't A Game
Farming
Trouble Comes In Pairs
On The Way
Yea, This Didn't Go Over Well
Drive Me To Drink 1
Drive Me To Drinking 2
Drive Me To Drink 3
Drive Me To Drink 4
Drive Me To Drink 5
Violation
Pep Talk
My Queen Is Back
This Wasn't Supposed To Happen So Soon
Smoke Lines
Jumpers
Even The Shoes
Silence Is Deadly
She Caved
Technology Is Splendid
The Long Haul
It has begun!

Running Into Wall's

2.4K 220 61
By nikkihershell

Warning: Violence Ahead

As I made it to my car my heart was hammering inside my chest and I was winded. Giving one quick glance at the two men that I had stabbed to make sure that they were still down, I peeled out of there. Pressing the gas pedal to the floor I raced back toward the city. The one thing I knew I must do was ditch this car and leave the city temporarily. I'm sure both men would be searching for me very soon.

Never had I been a runner before but with two very dangerous men on my heels wasn't something to play around with. Well, Marcus I wasn't too worried about. I believe if I needed to I could take him down. London on the other hand wouldn't be so simple.

I know  what his monster can do. London trained me, taught me everything I know. He knows how I think, how I move. London is the most dangerous man I know and there's no way I can defeat him. Right now running in the most sensible option. I'm still so confused on who can be trusted. Maybe it's Marcus who feeds me lies or may be London was using my kid's as pawns so I'd hand myself over to him.... And I nearly did.

Something in his eye's told me he was innocent, he was being truthful but then Marcus shattered that. I was back where I started not knowing whom to trust. Then there was the gunshots and Marcus yelling at me to run. That should be proof enough that London wanted me dead. What I just do is escape the city and lay low just until I can strategize and form a game plan.

Soon as I neared my hotel, I dropped the car off by the curb and walked the rest of the way. As I walked, I quickly used my phone to make arrangements for a new car to be delivered to my immediately. Rushing off of the elevator, I barged into my room and started shoving my belongings into a bag as fast as I could. I received a text informing that my new car was waiting down below. Scanning the room one last time to ensure I hadn't left anything vital behind, I opened the door to go but was stopped abruptly.

Looking up into his face made my pulse begin to beat fast. Putting on a brave face I quickly assessed my options. Smiling down at me, he nodded toward my bags. "Going somewhere babydoll?"

I nodded my head yes and decided to play it smart. I had to make him believe that I was still on his team. "Yes and you should to Marcus. You know that London is on our trail and it's only a matter of time before he locates us. We should leave the city immediately and rethink our plan".

" Just what I was thinking babydoll... "

"Don't ever call me that". I snapped cutting him off.

" Why? Does it bother you? Is it because I'm not London? " he asked and I could see the irritation in his eye's.

Trying to soothe his ruffled feathers, I smiled like a seductress. "It has nothing to do with you Marcus but everything to do with London. I hate him and don't want any reminder of him so please don't call me that".

" I'm sorry my queen. Never will you hear that again from my lips. I shall call you my treasure".

Smiling my crimson smile, I purred. "That is perfect".

Marcus leaned down as if he was about to kiss me but I placed my hands against his chest and gently pushed him away. "Now's not the time Marcus. We must hurry and leave before London shows up. Besides you're still a married man and I will never be second to anyone. I am a queen and demand to be first in all thing's. Your world must revolve around me. Understood?"

Marcus smiled weakly. "And that's what I needed to tell you my treasure. Cinda has flown in and I have her chained up at a abandoned restaurant on the outskirts of town. Turns out the bitch ratted us out to London, told him where to find us. You know she always wanted to be you. We must go there and teach her a lesson".

Several events ran through my mind. True, Cinda knew that I was in the city but I never told her where I was staying. If I had London and his men would have been all over this place. Another thing was I couldn't refuse to not go along with Marcus. If I did and he is the one behind this thing's could go bad quickly. For now I will play along then skip out first chance I get.

" Yes, your right. We must make Cinda pay for her betrayal ". I agreed excitedly.

Minutes later we were in my new rental which just happened to be a white Escalade. Marcus instructed me to drive to the seedy part of town. As we cruised through the littered streets and spray painted buildings I was constantly thinking of my next step. Soon I pulled up to a small rundown building. The window were boarded up for the most part and it looked like it had been on fire once.

We got out and I followed Marcus to the back of the building where he led me to a boardless window. With his help, I hefted myself  up on the ledge and climbed in. Marcus followed in behind me As I looked around for any signs of a setup. "This way my treasure".

The floor was filled with broken glass, empty beer cans and dirty needles. It was obvious that junkies used this place as a crash house. I hated to think what type of germs my heels were coming  in contact with As we walked on. Marcus came to a stop in front of a freezer. I watched as he opened the door but all I could see was blackness. Using a lantern that was left behind by some homeless person or druggie, he lit it up. Dim, yellow light flooded into the steel box that was no longer in use. That's when I got my first glance of Cinda.

Marcus put to use the meat chains that were left behind. Find a was strung up like a pig and duct tape covered her mouth. Marcus begin to lower her and fear glistened in her eye's. "Here she is my treasure. She's all yours now".

Reaching over I ripped the tape from her mouth and received a scream from the pain. "So, you turned me over to my husband did you?" I clucked.

Shaking her head frantically she sobbed. "No. How could I when I never knew where you was. This is a lie, all of it". She begin to say but Marcus reapplied the tape.

"There's no need to go through all of this my treasure. Let's kill her then be gone before London catches up to us".

I found that funny so I pushed. "No. Let her speak, for they will be her last word's" .

Marcus took a deep breath trying to hide his annoyance but I had to know what Cinda would say. Eventually he ripped the tape from her mouth and I smiled in return showing how pleased that I was with him. "Speak Cinda and be quick. I have no time for a lingering sob story".

"This is all Marcus 's doing Laney. He never loved me, he just settled for me when it was clear that he could never have you. He hates London and would do anything to bring him down. Don't fall for this".

" it's all lies. " Marcus roared. "I never plotted against London. I loved and respected him up until I discovered that he wanted you dead. I couldn't allow that so I stepped in and saved you. Cinda has always been jealous of you and for no good reason. She wanted your title and your husband. Kill her Laney. Show her what a true Queen is".

Still nothing made sense. Who could I believe? Regardless if what Find a said is true she's just as guilty for helping Marcus out and filling my head with garbage. Then on the other hand if she is lying right now to save her own neck that still makes her guilty so either way she deserves to die. I extended my hand palm side up. Marcus understood and laid a knife in my hand and sealed the tape back over Cinda. "I'm very disappointed in you Cinda. I hired you many year's ago, considered you family and trusted you and this is how you thank me?"

Leaning down, I whispered in her ear so As Marcus couldn't hear me. "One of you is lying and I haven't figured out who just yet but either way you are guilty".

Placing a kiss to her temple, I drove the blade into her heart then quickly ran the cool steel across her throat leaving behind a gash. Looking down at her I showed no remorse as I watched her fight for the last seconds of her life. When her head fell limp Marcus begin to clapp. "That was wonderful my treasure. You amaze me".

Ignoring his praise, I tossed the knife at him and walked away. " Let's go". I demanded.

We drove into the night until we reached Philadelphia. There we found a clean hotel and I insisted on having separate room's. Of course Marcus questioned this so in my sweet way I explained. "Not until London is dead and I am free of him. I want to come to you clean and pure".

Smiling I could sense that he liked my answer. "And I can't wait until the day you are mine. Only mine. But I must ask... What about Demarco and the rest?"

And he just hit a nerve. "No one touches Demarco. Not one damn soul or they will deal with me. Understood?" I snarled harshly.

" Yes. I'm sure you can convince Demarco to come around".

"Go to your room now Marcus". I ordered.

And just like that he abided. This man was now under my control just as I wanted. With me calling th shots I could get to the bottom of this faster.

I may have been dethroned but I am and will always be a queen. No one can change that especially any man..... And I'm about to show them all that.

I laid my head on my pillow and for the first time in a long time I slept like a princess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

563K 13.1K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
480K 13.8K 70
She is sweet. He is cruel. She wants freedom. He wants her all to his self. ~*~ Roselyn has been a good little girl all her life. Never said the word...
2.2K 272 19
"I've never felt this way with any other guy before." This is a romance and action novel.Gabby Jones just broke up with Damion because she couldn't s...
458 91 25
Felicia Simmons is a woman that just wants her freedom. After her divorce with a real estate mogul, she sets out to raise her teenage son and find th...