Mask Parade || BTS X READER

By blingchick

[REWRITING]"Sometimes it's not the people who change, it's the mask that falls off." (Y/N) has unluckily enc... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Pride
Chapter 2: Lust
Chapter 3: Gluttony and Wrath
Chapter 4: Greed
Chapter 5: Sloth
Chapter 6: Something Sweet
Chapter 7: Lecherous Beast
Chapter 8: A Growing Friendship
Chapter 9: Envy
Chapter 10: Leap
Chapter 11: Teach Me
Chapter 12: Threatning Remarks
Chapter 13: Venom
Chapter 14: Beauty and The Beast
Chapter 15: Let The Devil Loose
Chapter 16: All You Need Is Me
Chapter 17: Little Kitten
Chapter 18: Harmless Addiction
Chapter 20: Brat
Chapter 21: Man I Never Knew
Chapter 22: Unravel
Chapter 23: Perfidy
Chapter 24: Baby Doll
Chapter 25: Fallen Mask
Chapter 26: Incapacitate
Chapter 27: Who's The Real Monster
Chapter 28: Blamed Victim
Chapter 29: Take Flight
Chapter 30: Adrenaline
Chapter 31: Illusion
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: PLEASE READ

Chapter 19: The Boy Who Cried Wolf

29.4K 1.4K 2.4K
By blingchick

"No freaking way."

(Y/N)'s body stopped dead, head unable to process the woman in front of her.

"Y-Yoonah?" (Y/N) stuttered, backing away in surprise. After a moment of realization, she greeted Yoonah with a big bear hug, hugging her tightly in her arms while Hoseok stands on the side, his smile getting wider and wider from seeing (Y/N)'s light up in joy.

"I know that adjusting to a new environment could be a little hard," Hoseok rested his hands on (Y/N)'s shoulder your get her attention, "that's why I made an arrangement to fly Yoonah back here so you could your stress levels could go down a bit..."

(Y/N) smiles. She lets go of Yoonah briefly before walking up to Hoseok and wrapped her arms around his waist. The male returned the gesture, rubbing circles around her back.

"Thank you," she whispered to his ear. "I really appreciate it. Thank you so much."

"Anything for you my jewel," Hoseok kisses her forehead, enveloping her warmth with giddy and delight. She is his diamond that gleams as bright as the sun's rays lighting the ocean at dawn; radiant and shining, it reigns supreme amongst all jewels and gems— (Y/N) was one of a kind to his eyes; her imperfect yet perfect features scorned those of others.

Yet her glimmering wickedly in the sunlight had turned to everything he desires. She's more precious than gold, and more beautiful too— she is his jewel after all. (Y/N) casted hope and a fortune of emotions he couldn't fathom, but it led to the most dangerous thing.

It lead him to his crippling greed.

"(Y/N) I have something to tell you," Yoonah spoke up. (Y/N) easily let go of Hoseok to turn her full attention back to Yoonah who's fiddling with her fingers. "Maybe leaving you here was a mistake. I wanted the best for you just like how you wanted the best for me... I miss having my friend, my sister that's been with me through my ups and downs. If you're willing to go with me..."

"What... what are you trying to say?" (Y/N)'s mouth gape wide open. Yoonah gripped her best friend's hands, eyes showing determination.

"You're going with me to America."

Hoseok's face fell faster than a bullet. 'What?' He thought in disbelief. 'T-this isn't suppose happen— Wait. Wait—no!' He looks back and forth between the two females, hoping that all of this was just a prank... or... or... something else other than that shit!

"W-Wow that's amazing. I," Hoseok chokes on his own words, "I'm happy... really happy for you (Y/N). You too... Yoonah."

Hoseok's smile flawlessly hid the scream he so desperately wanted to conceal. As the two best friends cheered for their upcoming trip to America, Hoseok wanted nothing more than to collapse in his own room to release the intense and distressed cries. But he stood there... unmoving until a thread in his snapped. He wanted to let his maniacal laugh to come in gusting bursts to break the reunion.

Yoonah is taking his jewel away from him. The light in his eyes disappeared, replaced by darkness. Darkness that suffocated his body like a damp, musty, thick blanket, clinging to every inch of his sun-kissed skin.

There, Hoseok clenched his hands into a white-knuckled fist as his paled lips forced itself to stretch into a petrifying smile. Taking a step forward to act on his impulses— pull (Y/N) away from Yoonah once and for all to take (Y/N) all to himself— Hoseok noticed the door slightly open where a pair of bloodshot eyes peered over the fiery panorama.

'NO!' Namjoon's eyes turns wide as he heard Yoonah's "exciting" information while passing by the room. His head aches— his body crashes against the wall for support as his legs felt numb. 'She can't take (Y/N) away from me, no she can't! I had so many plans, I already cleared so much of my plans for (Y/N)!'

Namjoon rushes to his room, slamming the door so loud that a couple of his things from his shelves shook. The boy glances at the sketches he made of (Y/N) in his desk, all with specific details drawn to all of them. Slowly, he picks one of his art pieces, staring longingly at (Y/N)'s beautifully drawn eyes. "If— if Yoonah takes her away from me... I can't see her eyes again."

He won't be able to see her beauty again, her glowing locks— a painting for his eyes alone. Every night, he comes into her room because it was the only time he can be with his love. It was the only time he can catch a whiff of her sweet and subtle aroma that drowns him with thoughts as the girl dreams in her lucid state. Some nights, when the girl only sleeps in her underwear, Namjoon tries to calm himself from the excitement in his soul to prevent waking up his precious sleeping beauty.

'Why can't (Y/N) stay with me? Why does she have to choose Yoonah all the time?! The rest of the boys had already had their time with her, but why can't I too?!"

One day, Namjoon will confess his undying love.

JUST ONE DAY!

But this isn't love. This is a sick infatuation.

Namjoon's eyes cracked open as he met Hoseok's unfluctuating, amethyst gaze. Intensification was Namjoon's first emotion as Hoseok poisoned him with his psychotic and twisted stare. Namjoon's eyes were still green, but they were no longer the bright, sparkling emerald. He took a step back, jaw tensing together as he stomped away, struggling to decipher the meaning of Hoseok's vacant eyes.

'How ironic,' Namjoon chuckled darkly, 'You're a fucking comedian, Jung Hoseok. You told me to never let what I want corrupt me, but here you are... letting (Y/N) corrupt you. That's right. I figured it out. You want (Y/N) too. A lot of people in this house do. Fuck. This is getting interesting. I'd like to see how everyone perform... but first...'

Namjoon smirks, slipping his hands into his pocket... walking leisurely as a devilish thought consumed his mind.

.
.

Time passed slowly.

Jaemin held his distance away from his young master by standing directly six feet away from him. Sweat rolls down his temples as his eyes caught a glimpse of Jungkook's fine cutlery slicing through the vegetables in a fluid-repeating motion.

Jaemin held his breath as the sound of knife clattering against the wooden cutting board had halted abruptly. He dared not to make a sound until his master had given him the permission to talk, no matter how urgent his news are. Crap. Each second seemed to last an eternity as Jaemin stood perfectly still, waiting for his master to utter a single syllable.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asks bitterly.

"Master—"

"I'm sure that you've learned your lesson already," a ghost smile appeared in Jungkook's lips as he stared at Jaemin's cut wrists. "Don't you dare do any of this again. You know that I don't like being betrayed."

Jaemin immediately looked down, caressing the bandages wrapping his wrists. It was a "justified" punishment, as Jungkook stated, for acting unprofessional with your coworkers. Apparently, Taehyung had spread the news that Jaemin requested a day with (Y/N) to many of the boys.

Jungkook did not like that at all.

"Y-yes master," Jaemin murmured absently, his eyes shifting to the knife resting on top of the cutting board once again. 'I can't handle the humiliation. I need Master Jungkook to trust me again. He's a good man, I deserved this. I deserved all of this. He won't hurt me again. I'll be loyal. I'll be loyal to you master, no matter what it takes. This is my life and I can't let anyone ruin it.'

"So why did you come here?"

Jaemin bows, delivering the news he'd heard. "Miss Im, (Y/N)'s friend, is planning to take (Y/N) to America. It is said that (Y/N) is going to resign as you and the other masters' assistant."

Every part of Jungkook's nerves went on pause. Breaths going shallow, movements stuttering, Jungkook stumbles back, knocking the ingredients to the floor in horror.

'N-No. YOONAH CAN'T TAKE NOONA AWAY FROM ME!!!!!'

.
.
.
.

"What? You're leaving?" Taehyung stares at (Y/N), his face as white as snow.

His eyes augmented in size in an expression of disbelief; and although he stands in front of her, she continued to ignore his presence. (Y/N) was too busy taking out her luggage and stuffing each article of clothing she owned. Yoonah had retreated to her hotel room in the meantime, preparing the necessities (such as plane tickets) for their upcoming departure. Along the way, she had also informed (Y/N) that she will be picked up either tomorrow or the day after, depending on the circumstances.

"Are you even listening to me?!"

"I would be lying if I said yes," (Y/N) retorted.

"You still hadn't resigned yet so you're still my assistant so I'm ordering you to stay and not resign!"

"Taehyu—"

"Please." Taehyung slithered his hands around her waist, gripping her tightly. His nails dug against her jeans to get a better grasp, to give himself the hope that if he held (Y/N) tight enough, she wouldn't leave him. A year rolled down onto his cheek, but he didn't care; he had to stay focused. "Please stay with me, (Y/N)."

His head hangs low, heavy with thoughts of her. Taehyung's mind cycled through emotions faster than a kid flipping radio channels. Patience. That's all he'd been doing. Understanding. Taehyung understands that he was like the boy who cried wolf. All these years, him gaining the reputation of playing around with women for jests had finally caught his tail. It's difficult to earn (Y/N)'s trust and what frustrates him the most is that (Y/N) won't even give him a chance to prove himself.

"Taehyung, I'm leaving and that's final."

"Just listen to me, will you?!?" Taehyung bursts in exasperation. "I know that I've been pushy. We got off the wrong foot. But everything that I said to you a couple of days ago... it was all real. I'm not playing with you. The reason why I'm fighting because I lo—"

"Stop," (Y/N) gritted her teeth, not allowing another man mutter that three syllabled word, "if I stay here any longer—"

In just a blink of an eye, Taehyung was on top of (Y/N), face to face as he pins her down against the bed. "Right. If you stay here any longer, I won't be able to control myself. If you stay here longer, your shirt would be in the floor right now. If you stay here any longer..." Taehyung smirks and leans closer to her ears. "I would be inside of you."

"But I know acting on my impulses isn't proper anymore, that's why I'm not... inside of you. You aren't like the women I can swoon with these silly words, I've learned that the hard way..." Taehyung sighs, sucking in his cheeks "...I'm learning to be a better man day by day so if you just let me—"

"No I will not give you a chance," (Y/N) stared at him lifelessly as she dropped her sentence with venom lacing her words. "Get off me."

Taehyung winces, chest squeezing inwards from the pain of another heartless rejection. He shut his eyes as a way to hold back the tears threatening to spill out. 'Patience. Patience Taehyung. Fuck. Fuck patience! I hate this! She's not going to reject me just like this!! If (Y/N) doesn't give me a chance, nor mercy... then she doesn't deserve it to too...'

"T-Taehyung get off me."

"No," a low, menacing chuckle escaped from his lips as he eyed the female with a sociopathic gaze. "Isn't that what you always to me?"

"Taehyung. Get off me now!"

"You heard what she said, get off her!!" A familiar voice belted with authority. Taehyung and (Y/N) maneuvered their head to the owner of the voice, seeing Yoongi standing with his fists scrunched into a ball in front of them.

Taehyung glared at his older companion and stomped his way out of the room, muttering incoherent words as an enigmatic and dangerous aura radiated from his body.

"Serves him right," Yoongi snarled. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine."

"Get up and just finish packing little kitten. I'm sure that you're excited to go to America. Heard that it's nice there, but be careful. There are way more people who's worse than Taehyung." The boy postulated as he pats (Y/N)'s shoulders. He knows that deep inside him, he was hurting, but he wanted the best for (Y/N). He understands her. He knows that he does, but he doesn't want her to leave. She's the only one who could keep him awake. It may seem like he's sleeping in her room, but in reality, he stays in her room because he likes her company, no matter how loud she could get.

"At least you and Hoseok supports me..."

"Yeah... I guess so," his voice cracked. "I-I gotta go and help Namjoon with something. He said that he has a business to take care off in a hotel and needs my help."

"Good luck, Yoongi," (Y/N) sighs, letting her body plop down to the bed in exaggeration.

"Can you say that again? My name I mean."

"Yoongi—" Yoongi quickly pecked her lips with a soft kiss, leaving the girl at astonishment.

The boy hastily left the room.

'A kiss won't be the last thing I would do to you (Y/N). Just watch me.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 9K 20
After (Y/N) witnesses a murderer they kidnap her and she is forced to live with 7 boys. Will (Y/N) get out of there ? Or will she fall so deeply in l...
69.4K 2.6K 61
He's her target. She's his first love (WARNING: INTENSE SEXUAL CONTENT). ~~~ When Y/n L/n, a spy for one of the biggest mafias in New York City, gets...
191K 10.3K 39
When you had been hired at the palace, you had expected an easy life. Or at least, an easier life than what you had known before. You didn't think yo...
16.2K 479 37
YN has really had a tough go, breaking up with a no good ex and rediscovering herself. One day she unexpectedly runs into a man that makes her feel a...