All She Wanted Was Love

By cantbeduped

"I love you god knows I do but I can't do this. I can't. I put up with the phone calls, the text messages, so... More

All She Wanted Was LOVE
1: Build A Man
2: All Back
3: In My Feelings
4: I'll Hold You Down
5: Excuse Me Miss
6: Just Like A Pill
7: Sitting In My Room
8: Crush
9: It's A Vibe
10: 3 Months Later
11: Where This Love Could End Up
12: Treasure
13: Touch My Body
14: Gone
15: Birth Control & Dick Appts
16: Who Is She To You
17: Busted
18: Studio & Basic Bitches
19: Fight N Temptations
20: Pop Ups & Family Dinners
20.1: Pop Ups & Family Dinners
21: I'm Sorry
22: Can We Talk
23: The Baby Mama/Interview
24: Home Sweet Home
24.1: Home Sweet Home
25: My Brother's Keeper
26: Panic Attack
27: Enemy
27.1: Enemy
27.2: Enemy
27.3: Enemy
28: Shoulda Been There
29: Smoke N Mirrors
30: Cry Me A River
31: The Boy is Mine
32: Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
33: Friends
33.1: Friends
34: He's Mine
35: One Night Stand
36: Song Goes Off
37: Alone
38: All I Have
A/N
39: Half On A Baby
40: Lyin King
41: Caged Bird
42: God I Get It
43: Day One
44: Sometimes
45: Grass Ain't Greener
46: I Need This
46.1: I Need This
47: Free
48: Truth Is
49: Snakes
50: The Break Up
51: Backstabbers
52: Hi Daddy
53: Heartbeats & Dropping Bombs
54: I'll Be There
55: Drunk Texting
55.1: Drunk Texting
56: Before the Storm
56.1: Before the Storm
57: Please Me
59: Blended Family
60: Cat and Mouse
61: Order of Operation
62: Man to Man
63: Press
63.1: Press
64: Baggage
64.1: Baggage
65: False Friends
65.1: False Friends
66: What Have I Done
67: Mourning
68: Birthday Madness
69: First Date
69.1: First Dates
70: First Date 2nd Day Surprises
70.1 First Date 2nd Day Surprises
71: Dinner w/ the Brewster's
72: Inner Demons
72.1: Inner Demons
73: Are You In
74: Baby Shower/Gender Reveal
74.1: Baby Shower/Gender Reveal
75: Catch Up
75.1: Catch Up
76: Slaughter House
76.1: Slaughter House
Read Me!
77: Princess Triple B on Board
77.1: Princess Triple B on Board
78: Daddy Daughter Day
78.1: Daddy Daughter Day
79: Bring Me to Life
79.1: Bring Me to Life
80: The Listening Party
80.1: The Listening Party
🛑ATTENTION🛑
It's Out‼️

58: Family & Friends Day

8.9K 483 660
By cantbeduped

Chapter 58: Family & Friends Day
April

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life"
[Richard Bach]

April and Dave laid nestled under the thick blanket cuddled up sleeping. Well Dave was sleep. April on the other hand was just getting back to bed. Her morning sickness had crept up on her so she had to do a quiet mad dash out the bed. Not wanting to wake Dave or throw up in front of him for the second time she ran walked to Alaina's bedroom and used her bathroom. She didn't know how long she could go on without telling him what was going on with her. She wanted to tell him badly but she was so worried about jinxing it. This third month couldn't come fast enough. April felt like she was holding a life changing secret which she was and she felt so bad because when it came to her and Dave they didn't do secrets. They always told each other what was up.

Dave was already looking at her funny and mentioned that something was different about her and now that he knew she had fucked Chris she didn't want him to put two and two together and have him questioning why she was hiding something so major from him. April was once again putting her faith in God that everything was going to work out and Dave was going to be able to cope with the situation. She knew it would be a hard pill for him to swallow so she hoped he'd swallow it and roll with the punches no matter how complicated it might be. April knew it was wishful thinking on her part though but she was trying to put out positive vibes. Her little blessing couldn't be what broke them it just couldn't.

Any, who April nestled deeper into Dave's body and sighed, closing her eyes letting sleep slowly, take over. Before she knew it she was dead to the world. Pregnancy sleep was the best sleep ever well besides that soul snatching pussy eating that Dave had given her a few hours earlier. That shit had knocked her ass out cold. She knew that was most likely the last time she'd be doing anything sexual with Dave until the baby was born because even though she wasn't with Chris fucking Dave would be beyond disrespectful during this time. April was deep in her sleep when she heard Dave's phone ringing on her nightstand. Reaching over and picking it up she saw that it was his mother calling.

"Dave it's ya mom" April said as she lightly nudged him.

"Answer it" he sleepily mumbled and pulled her closer to him resting his hand between her legs and cupping her kitty making her shiver. She couldn't understand how his touches made her feel so weak in the knees but she loved his touches and the way they made her feel. His touches made her feel like she had never been touched before.

"It's a facetime" She moved his hand and turned around facing him. Any other time she wouldn't mind but they weren't official and she didn't it want it to seem like they were just cuddy buddies.

Dave sighed and rolled over on his back and put his hand out for his phone. April placed it in his hands and turned back around to go back to sleep and she was almost there until she heard crying. Immediately turning back around towards Dave concerned she looked at him to see him pissed as hell as he quickly sat up straight with his signature mug on his face. "Lil Butt what's wrong" Dave asked his daughter as his face softened.

"Family day daddy" she replied in between crying.

April's heart damn near broke hearing those words coming from her. Kairi had gotten so use to Family Day and knew that today was that very day. But according to Dave Millie hadn't even been checking for Kairi so the Family Day she was now use to was no more and that was plain ole fucked up. Millie could've at least still participated in Family Day. It was for her daughter for God's sake.

"I know Lil butt I know. Wipe ya eyes and stop crying. Daddy will be at MaMa's house soon and we're gonna have Family Day ok" Dave said in a soothing tone trying to get her to stop crying. April could tell that no matter how softly he tried to talk to Kairi he was still pissed the fuck off.

"Ok daddy" she sniffled again.

"I'll pick you up and we can go out for breakfast and then go have some fun. How does that sound" he asked smiling at her. April couldn't help but smile at their interaction. It was one of the cutest things ever. Dave in daddy mode was sexy as hell. It made April wonder if he would treat her child the same or most importantly would he even stick around.

"Fun daddy" Kairi replied sounding a little chipper. Dave had managed to stop her from crying.

"Ok Lil Butt I'm gonna get dressed and be on my way to you ok. Now smile for daddy" Dave said and smiled at her. "See look at the beautiful smile I'll be there soon ok"

"Ok daddy"

"Give the phone to MaMa"

"K"

April was all in their conversation. She wasn't being nosey she was concerned.

"Hey baby boy" his mother greeted him.

Dave sighed. "Morning ma can you get Lil Butt dressed I'm a come pick her up and spend the day with her. Millie still ain't call so I'm just take her out to take her mind off it"

"I'm done talking bout her trifling ass. That girl is more trouble than she's worth. Got my damn grandbaby in here all sad and in her feelings" Mama Faye said with an attitude. Shit Millie was getting on everyone's last nerve.

April turned back over and got up out of bed heading to the bathroom. She was going to make Millie pay for hurting her own daughter's feelings. Millie was going to get tagged on everyone's behalf. April couldn't believe or comprehend how a woman could treat her own child like she was nothing. It was like Kairi was just someone for her to chill with when it was beneficial to her. That shit hurt April's heart. She'd do anything to be around and love on her child even if it was just for a mere moment. April would cherish that moment forever. Millie was a part time mother just like April said and it was damn shame and outright embarrassing as hell. She was pretty much an unreliable babysitter. You book them days in advance and at the last minute they cancel on you and fuck up your plans. Millie proved time and time again that she wasn't shit.

It's so many women out here who couldn't have children and would do anything just to have one and give them an abundance amount of love while some could care less. Those few would have kids and that's about it just have them. Everyone didn't deserve to be a mother or even had mother's instincts and sadly Millie was one of those women. Point blank period Kairi was just a check and a trophy to Millie. She got money for taking care of her when she was in her care and Kairi was only posted online because Millie had the one thing that no other woman had of Dave's, his baby. But one day that would all change.

April stood in front of the bathroom mirror and took a couple of deep breaths. She already knew what she was going to do. April walked back into the bedroom with her head held high to see Dave getting up from the bed looking pissed off and she couldn't have that. Yes he was still on probation but she knew he was pissed because his child was involved and she wasn't feeling that so if she could help make things better than she would.

"Morning ma sorry I gotta leave early but you know how I am bout my Lil Butt" Dave said as he approached her wrapping his arms around her.

"Good morning no apology necessary. I know what it is. But uh I know Kairi wanted to have a family day but what bout a family and friend's day. I can't be Millie nor am I trying to replace her but I wouldn't mind finally meeting her and making sure she had some fun today" April said a little hesitant not knowing how Dave would react or what he would say.

Dave looked down at her and smiled. "I preciate' it ma I do but you don't have to. I don't want to put you in an uncomfortable situation"

"I wouldn't have suggested it if I wasn't sure. I accept everything that comes along with you besides Millie. Kairi is a part of you and if I can help make things better then I'm here. Besides I'll have to meet her sooner or later right" April shrugged. She didn't mind though. She loved children and she had a soft spot for them.

"You sure bout this" Dave rubbed his neck nervously.

"I'm positive. You can pick her up and by the time you get back I can have breakfast done. We'll camp out in the living room, snack, watch movies, we can paint nails, read books, play, and do whatever her lil heart desires"

"Are you sure" he questioned again.

"Yes I'm sure but if you aren't than I'm cool. I know Lil Butt is priority number one and I have complaints bout that. So if you think this isn't the right time to meet her than I trust ya judgement. Just know that I'm here and I don't mind at all. Besides I've been dying to meet the little person who makes ya mean ass all soft for months on end now" April said and smiled at him. "Not to mention I sat through that interrogation with her ain't shit mom just to meet her"

Dave smiled back at her and laughed. "Bet so I'm a go home and get dressed for the day then scoop her up"

"Sounds like a plan. What does she like to eat" April asked.

"She'll be fine with anything you make" he replied.

"Ok how bout French toasts with strawberry syrup, strawberries, whipped cream, scrambled eggs with cheese, and bacon" April asked making sure breakfast was on point.

"She'll fuck that up. I'll buy some beef bacon since I know you eat pork"

"Ok cool now go ahead and freshen up so you won't have her waiting all day"

Dave bent down and kissed her forehead. "What am I gonna do with you" he asked smiling.

"Well if ya lucky I'll eventually take you off probation and let you marry me" she said jokingly but dead serious about both but she could wait on the marriage part since they were nowhere close to that stage in their relationship. Shit at this point the only relationship they had was friendship and hopefully they'd still have that when everything was said and done.

Dave let her loose and licked his lips looking at her with heart eyes. "Yes ma'am"

"Hope ya enjoying the taste of me still lingering on ya lips because that's all ya getting" she looked at him, laughed, and walked away.

"We both know that's a fuckin lie" he sucked his teeth and walked away walking towards the bathroom.

April didn't know how her and Kairi's first meet and greet would go but she was down for the cause. They had to start somewhere. Since she knew Kairi was feeling sad she wanted to help make today fun for her and give her a cool little distraction. While Dave was in the bathroom April went downstairs to her downstairs linen closet and grabbed a blanket then went to the second living room combining it with the blanket she already had down and spread the pillows around. She was fixing up the living room up like she did when Royalty was over and they'd have a girl's day. They'd just lounge around on the floor eating snacks, watching movies, reading books, and just play. Once April was done setting up the living room she went back upstairs to her in home theatre and grabbed a couple of Disney movies remembering Kairi did in fact like Disney movies. Besides you couldn't go wrong with Disney animated movies. On her way out she bumped into Dave who was now fully dressed.

Dave looked down at her smiling brightly. "You really in here setting up"

"Yup now if you will excuse me I gotta take these down to the living room and you need to be on ya way" she said and walked ahead of him.

"Well damn" he shook his head following behind her and down the stairs. "Come walk me to the door" he said to her before she walked inside the living room.

"If it gets you out any quicker than come on"

"Ya fuckin lil ass mean" he mumbled behind her as they walked to the mudroom and then to the front door.

"Don't forget the bacon on ya way back and call me when ya on ya way back so I'll know when to start cooking"

"Got it" Dave pulled her close to him and kissed her forehead letting his lips linger for a few. They were back to those damn forehead kisses and she was not feeling that shit one bit but she was going to let it slide for the time being.

"You don't know what probation means" she raised her brow.

"Maybe I do maybe I don't or maybe I just don't give a fuck" he shrugged.

"Bye Dave" she opened the door shaking her head.

"You mean see ya later" he smirked and made his way out the door.

April made sure to close the door, lock it, and put on the alarm before going into the kitchen to take her vitamins and nausea pills and placing them where Dave couldn't find them. Once that was done she headed back to her bedroom to shower and get ready for the day. In and out the shower she continued the rest of her hygiene routine then slipped into a pair of white cotton panties and a matching sports bra then put on a pair of black leggings and a black muscle t-shirt. She took off her scarf and placed her hair up into a messy bun. Since she knew she wasn't going to be able to do her morning run she just went ahead and did everything else that she would normally do. After that she went back downstairs with her phone in her hand and went into the kitchen to make herself a green smoothie then cleaned up after herself. Back into the living room she doubled checked making sure everything was in place. After she gave everything an once over she sat well laid down on the couch and decided to spend some quality time chatting it up with her little seedling while she had the chance.

"Now who is this interrupting mommy and lil seedling's time" April smiled and picked up her phone. "Hello" she answered.

"Hey ma we're on our way and no I didn't forget the bacon" Dave spoke.

"Ok cool I'll see y'all when y'all get here"

"Bet" they hung up.

April got up, turned on some music, grabbed everything she needed, and got breakfast started. As soon as she was finished her gate buzzard was going off right on time. She checked to make sure it was Dave before granting him access and a few minutes later he was ringing the doorbell like she didn't know he was at the door.

"Who is it" April asked being a little petty.

"Papi plus one" Dave answered with a smile present in his voice.

It was now or never. April took a deep breath and opened the front door to see Dave holding a bag in one hand and Kairi in his other arm with her face nestled deep into his neck. To see them together in pictures was one thing but to see them together in person was a whole different ball game. April couldn't express enough that Dave on daddy duty was some sexy shit. Dave on daddy duty gave him extra points.

"Really Dave" April laughed a little and stepped to the side to let them in. "Good morning Pretty" April greeted Kairi who looked at her mugging her just like her father but April wasn't going to let that intimidate her. She knew some kids didn't open up right away and besides to Kairi April was a stranger and the mug she sported she got it honest. Shit Dave wore a mug whether he was happy or mad so hey she was used to it. One thing for sure she was going to try her best to get Kairi to smile and enjoy her self today.

"Give her some time she'll warm up to you" Dave said as he bent down and kissed her forehead.

"No worries I understand" April spoke then closed and locked the door behind them. "Y'all can go and get settled in the second living room. I'm a go finish breakfast"

"Bet" Dave nodded his head while he placed Kairi down and took off her coat followed by his then went to the mudroom.

April went straight into the kitchen and took the bacon out of the bag and put it in the skillet on top of the stove. While the bacon was cooking she took three trays into the living room and sat them on the blankets and headed back into the kitchen to check on the bacon. Once the bacon was done she fixed their plates and made all of them a cup of hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream on top sprinkled with a little hint of cinnamon.

"Need some help" Dave asked as he walked into the kitchen with Kairi walking beside him all shy damn near attached to his hip. When he moved she moved.

"Yes please. You can take these two plates and I'll follow behind you"

"Bet"

They took the food into the living room, sat them down on the trays, went back into the kitchen for the hot chocolate then finally settled down. Dave had sat Kairi in the middle of him and April and Kairi made sure she was close to her daddy.

"Hope you guys enjoy"

"Bet before we eat I want to introduce you two"

"Ok" April nodded.

Dave picked Kairi up and placed her in his lap and looked down at her. "Remember when daddy said he wanted you to meet his special friend"

"Yes" Kairi replied just above a whisper with her finger in her mouth and looked back at him.

"Lil Butt this is my special friend Ms. April and April this is my special lil princess Kairi" Dave smiled as he officially introduced the two.

"Hi Kairi it's nice to meet you" April said smiling.

"Hi" Kairi said looking at her shyly and waved.

"Would you like to watch a movie" April asked as she picked up the movies she had brought down earlier. "I have The Princess and the Frog, The Lion King, Finding Nemo, and Moana"

"Princess and the Frog" Kairi said looking down at the cover.

"Good pick this is one of my favorites" April said as she got up and put the movie on while Dave sat Kairi back down so she could start eating.

Once April put on the movie and got situated Dave got Kairi to say grace. That was April's cue to put her fork to use and get her eat on. She had zoned out and was busy in her own world fuckin up her food. That shit was heaven sent and was hitting the spot. Since she had gotten back from Jamaica food had become her best friend. She wanted dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner but today she ate whatever body else had. She didn't want Dave questioning her food choices. April was all types of backwards at the moment but she didn't care. She was so busy moaning and dancing in her spot that she hadn't noticed Dave and Kairi starring at her until she heard their laughter. Immediately stopping mid chew she slowly turned her head towards them.

"It's that good" Dave asked between laughs.

"Yes, yes it is" she answered and laughed herself.

"Now come on let's finish watching the movie" she said playfully. April was happy she had made Kairi laugh even if it was at the expense of her new eating habits.

Every now and then April would catch Dave looking at her with the smile she loved but she never said anything she let him live in his moment. Today wasn't about them. Today was all about Kairi so she wasn't going to be petty. After they finished eating and sipping on their hot chocolates Dave convinced April to sit back and relax while he cleaned up. She knew he was doing this to give her the opportunity to chat some with Kairi and get to know her a little.

"So Lil Miss Pretty what would you like to do after the movie is over" April smiled at her and asked as Kairi who was laid out with her head in her hands chilling. "We can watch another movie, I can polish ya nails, anything you want to do it's up to you"

Kairi looked at April and down at her little hands looking at her nails. "Watch movie and nails" Kairi answered hesitantly as if she was waiting for April to say no. But how could she say no to that cute little face she couldn't and she wasn't.

"Ok we can do that. What movie would you like to watch next" April asked.

Kairi got up from her spot and made her way to the couch picking up the movies then took a seat beside April. She looked over the movies then passed April the Lion King and just like that the ice was broken. Maybe it was the fact that April knew every song so whenever they started singing in the movie her and Kairi sang along too. By then end of the movie April had made a new friend. Kairi was laid up under April right along with Dave. April high key couldn't wait for more days like this. This was the type of family shit she saw herself doing and being a part of. They were all enjoying themselves and they all had smiles on their faces. The only thing missing was her little seedling.

"Lil Miss Pretty is you ready to help me make the cake" April looked down and asked Kairi who had made her thighs her pillow and Dave's legs her leg rest.

"Yes" Kairi answered excitedly.

"Ok come on to the kitchen we go" April stood up once Kairi got up and stuck out her hand. Kairi cupped her hand and followed right by April's side.

"What bout me" Dave looked at them walking away with a fake pout on his face.

"Come daddy" Kairi said looking back at him with her hand stuck out for him.

"See my Lil Butt got my back" Dave hopped up smiling and grabbed her hand following beside them. These were the moments April had dreamed of. This was that family life that she wanted to live and hopefully she would get her chance with the man she loved by her side.

"Babe" April slipped and said as they entered the kitchen. "Dave" she quickly corrected herself. "Can you put Lil Miss Pretty in one of the chairs at the island while I grab everything" she asked.

"Heard ju but you know what name I like" he winked at her. "Come on Lil Butt" Dave scooped her up in his arms effortlessly and lifted her in the air letting her fly around the kitchen making her laugh.

April shook her head she wasn't going to entertain his foolishness today. She couldn't help but stop and admire both Dave and Kairi and their relationship. Dave would do anything for his little girl just to see her smile. Letting them have their moment April grabbed a box of confetti cake mix out the pantry and some butter cream frosting along with some sprinkles. She would normally bake from scratch but Royalty loved confetti cake so she kept some stocked in the pantry. Once she had everything she needed out the pantry she placed them on the island then grabbed the oil, water, eggs, a measuring cup, bowl, and a spoon. April liked to use her Kitchen Aid mixer but she didn't think it would be as fun for Kairi so she kept it simple so she would be able to stir the mixture herself.

"Ok let's make this cake Lil Mama" April smiled at Kairi and opened the box then cut open the dry mix package. Dave moved the bowl closer to Kairi so she could reach it a little better so she wouldn't make too much of a mess. April passed Kairi the bag. "Ok pour it into the bowl"

Kairi followed her instructions concentrating so hard she had her mug back on her face. April and Dave couldn't help but laugh as Dave sat beside Kairi recording her. April helped her put the oil and water into the bowl then cracked the eggs herself because she didn't have time to be biting into a piece of cake only to be spitting out eggs shells no ma'am.

"Ok now you have to mix it well until everything is nice and smooth with no lumps and bumps" April passed her the spoon then went and wiped the cake pan down with oil.

"Daddy look I'm making cake" Kairi beamed as she mixed getting a little messy but not too much. As long as she was having fun that's all that mattered.

"I see Lil Butt can daddy help stir" he asked smiling at her.

"Yes" she passed him the spoon and Dave stirred up the mixture making sure it was mixed properly.

"Ok guys now it's time to pour the batter inside the cake pan" April said placing the greased pan in front of her and Dave helped her put the batter into the cake pan.

"Alrighty now we just have to put it in the oven and set the timer. Meanwhile you can lick the bowl lil mama" April said as she leveled the cake and put it in the oven. She didn't know how or who made the first move but they were having a batter fight instead of eating it. All that could be heard was their laughter. They were truly having fun and most importantly Kairi was all smiles and giggles. Mission accomplished!

"I'm done I'm done" Dave said laughing while Kairi and April rubbed cake mix all over his face and beard.

"We won lil mama we won" April cheered and Kairi followed suit.

"We won Ms. April" she cheesed and slapped April's hand giving her a high five.

Dave sucked his teeth. "Yea, yea, yea y'all won now let's get you cleaned up"

"Go ahead and get her cleaned I'll straighten up in here" April said.

"I'll help you first"

"Ok" April left it at that since she knew Dave wouldn't take no for an answer.

Once they were done they all went and got cleaned up. Luckily Dave had brought Kairi some extra clothes. By the time they were done Kairi was knocked out cold. She had crashed. Shit April's ass was tired too but she was hanging on. She took the cake out of the oven and sat it on a rack to let it cool. She still had plans to let Kairi decorate it. April made her way back into the living room to see Kairi stretched out on the blanket gone to the world. April placed a pillow behind her head and covered her up with some of the blanket.

"Come here ma" Dave said as he leaned against the arched frame of the opening of the living room looking at April all cheesy. He had just come back inside from smoking on the back patio.

April looked at him and lowly chuckled then made her way towards him then out the living room. She knew his ass would follow and just like she thought he was on her heels as they made their way back into the kitchen. As soon as April was close enough to the island Dave was scooping her up in his arms and placing her on top of it.

"Don't be looking at me like that" April smirked and looked at Dave as he stepped between her legs invading all of her personal space looking at her like he was ready to dive back in and drink from her water fountain. The look alone made her kitty pure and the closeness made it worst. She had to keep reminding herself that he was still on probation and even if she wanted to she still couldn't pop her pussy on a handstand for a real nigga. She was on probation just as much as he was he just didn't know it yet.

"You know we ain't that cool...East" she added knowing he wasn't going to like that shit but she couldn't help herself. She liked to ruffle his feathers. He'd get all mad and mug her and it was just plain ole sexy ass fuck.

"You think I give a fuck" he mugged her as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "You seriously just made my Lil Butt's day ma. You don't know how much I preciate' that shit. That shit broke a niggas heart this morning to get a call and see her crying and knowing that her ain't shit mother wasn't even going to bother or make an effort to keep up with the shit. Time and time again she proves to me that Kairi isn't a priority for her so for you to make time, set up the living room, make breakfast, watch movies, and bake a cake with her I can't thank you enough. I owe you big time. You took up time with her and made her smile and laugh when you didn't have to. You'd make one hell of a mother ma" he smiled at her and lightly kissed her forehead. To hear those words made April feel all warm and fuzzy inside and to know that she was actually pregnant made her want to cry tears of joy.

April smiled brightly. "No need to thank me. Like I said earlier she's a part of you so I'm here for it. Not to mention she's a pretty cool kid and I'm enjoying spending time with her. If we're really working on us again than me and Lil Miss Pretty need to get to know each other since we'll be seeing a lot of each other. But make no mistake I'm not saying we're back like cooked crack because we aren't. You still got some ass to kiss that's left and right cheek and some wining and dining to do buddy so make it happen" April said and patted his chest.

"Oh trust a nigga gone do more than kiss that ass" Dave said and licked his lips hungrily. "But um if you aren't busy Friday I'd like to take you out" he asked while he sort of starred at her.

"Hmm I'll have to check my schedule and get back to you" April said smirking. She low key couldn't wait to see what he had in store for her.

"You do that and I'll make sure it's worth ya time" he looked over her. April already knew what it was. He was seeing her glow up close and personal and she was hoping that he wouldn't put too much thought into it. She wanted to tell him so bad but she was too scared that if she did that something bad would happen to her baby. That's why most women waited to share the news after their third month. Her baby was right in the palm of her hands and she didn't want to wake up one day and he/she would be gone before their time. One miscarriage was more than enough to deal with for a lifetime. She couldn't handle another.

"One more month" she kept repeating in her head.

As soon as her first trimester ended she was going to tell him. April wanted to tell him early enough for him to decide on what he wanted to do because if he didn't want to stick around then there was no reason for him to continue to pursue her and get closer to her. He could go about his business and get into and under someone else. April didn't like the idea of him leaving let alone being with someone else but she wasn't going to try to keep him if he didn't want to be kept. What she wasn't going to do was beg him. She had done enough begging with Chris so she wasn't about to embarrass herself like that again. She was all about keeping her pride and dignity intact these days. Realistically April knew that everyone wasn't so accepting like she was. But she still had faith in Dave and knew that they could get pass this if he was willing. Getting out of her head she looked away from Dave only to have him gently turn her face back towards him.

"Why you looking at me like that" she questioned.

"Can't help it, it's been a while since I've been this close to you and no yesterday and this morning doesn't count." He replied and April laughed because he knew she was going to say something smart. "I miss ya lil ass and this closeness. For months all I wanted was to get this back...to get you back. I can't help but notice something is different bout you though and it looks good on you. I just can't put my finger on it just yet but I'll figure it out"

"Uh huh you know ya supposed to be earning all this back. I feel like ya cheating and taking advantage of the situation" April said and raised her brow bypassing the rest of his statement because all though she was holding a secret she still felt some type of way that he really went back to Millie. She felt like how could he go back to her when he already knew what came along with being with her. It reminded her that yea she was in his heart and his mind but she was still in second place but she was trying her best not to dwell on it. If they were meant to be then they would be.

"Like I said...you think I give a fuck" April shook her head. Leave it to Dave to try to make and break the rules. "Real talk though do you think you can get use to this" Dave asked looking at her straight in the eyes. She already knew what he was asking her.

"How bout you go check on lil mama and meet me in the living room so we can talk"

"Bet" he picked her up and took her off the island. They both made it out the kitchen and went their separate ways. April went into the formal living room and got comfortable on the couch then pulled the throw over her body. A few minutes later Dave stalked into the living room with a mug on his face.

"Damn what done bit you in the ass that fast" April questioned as she kept her eyes on him as he made his way to the couch and took a seat. Papi was looking big mad yet sexy as fuck. He had her hormones jumping all over the place.

"Ya nigga texting you" Dave spat and passed April her phone. She already knew who it was but how did he. As soon as he handed her, her phone she went straight to her messages. She was happy as hell that Dave couldn't see her messages on her lock screen but if he really wanted to he could because he also knew her passcode. That would've been a real fucked up way to learn about her and Chris's little seedling.

"For one I don't have a nigga and two how do you even know it's a nigga" April said then asked and rolled her eyes as she looked up at him then back down at her phone.

Chrissy🕴🏽🕺🏽: Hey baby mama just checking on you and my lil seedling. How you feeling and how's my lil seedling treating you?

April read over the text and tried to stop herself from smiling. Chris and this damn seedling shit. He was going to call their child a seedling to the day he/she was born and probably after. All throughout texting Chris April could feel Dave's eyes boring into her. She knew he felt a way but this was the new norm for her.

Apple🍏🍎: 😂 we're fine. I did experience some morning sickness but I'm good so before you ask yes I took both my vitamins and nausea pill and yes I ate and no I haven't had a slushy...yet 🤪

"Hello Earth to Dave answer my question" April put her phone down and gave him her full attention.

"Who else would you be calling Chrissy and have dancing emoji niggas by their name. I know it's Chris" he snapped still mugging her.

"Woah there skrt back it up and rewind lil daddy. Take the bass out ya voice. If ya want to know something just ask. Don't go assuming shit because assuming gets you nowhere and besides we talked bout this last night" April said getting defensive and in her own feelings. She knew she only felt this was because she was keeping a secret from him. Any other time she wouldn't hesitate to tell him anything.

"What's really going on with you and Chris or should I say Chrissy" Dave asked clearly in his feelings.

April sighed. "Baby girl is in the other room so can we please talk like adults. I don't want to argue with you. I just want to enjoy this time with you while I still have it. But if you must know yes Chrissy is Chris and whether you like it or not we're friends. We talk and text all the time so if you don't like it I don't know what to tell you" April spoke calmly. Dave wasn't about to stress her out even though she knew she could've avoided all of this. She knew she was wrong for downplaying what was going on between her and Chris but she was trying to protect her baby. She really and truly thought that if she said something before time that something bad would happen like it did the first time around.

Dave sighed and placed his head in his hands. "Look I'm sorry. I'm jealous ass fuck I admit it. I just don't want to lose you again. I know y'all are friends but I don't want that nigga creeping up and trying to take what's mines. You already fucked him again. How do I know he doesn't want to hit that shit again or want that old thing back" Dave said and looked at her.

April looked at him and rolled her eyes. He was doing good up until he threw that shit in her face like she was in the wrong but she wasn't about to argue with him. "You're worrying bout the wrong shit. I'm not checking for Chris and I don't want Chris but if you don't do what ya gotta do I just might be checking for someone else" She smirked being a little petty since he decided to throw a jab at her like he wasn't playing house with a bitch but ok. But she honestly knew what it was. The man April was checking for was right before her eyes.

"Get fucked up if ya want" Dave barked and faced her.

"Boy bye ain't nobody scared of you. Now back to what you asked me in the kitchen. Yes I can get use to this. The question is can you" she looked up at him nervously and twiddled with her fingers.

This was it. April couldn't hold it in for another month let alone another minute. Her secret was already hard enough to bear knowing Dave was here ready and willing to work on their relationship and build a family. Sure it would be unconventional but it would be there's. She happily accepted Kairi but could he do the same for her no matter the circumstances. April knew he was going to be mad that she had been downplaying her relationship with Chris and he had the right to be. He had unknowingly given her chance after chance and she chose not to speak on it. Trust her and Chris were friends and nothing more than friends, friends who'd be sharing a child together but that's it. She didn't want a romantic relationship with Chris or anything else for that matter but his friendship and for him to be there for their child and that's it. If Dave was already jealous that they were friends then how would he react when April dropped this bomb on him?

April silently shot a prayer up to God hoping that she was making the right decision and praying that nothing would happen to her little seedling. If anything happened she wouldn't be any good or know what to do with her-self. April didn't want to chance it but it was now or never because she couldn't see waiting another month without telling Dave. She just hoped and prayed that her special news wouldn't blow up in her face.

April looked at Dave, sat up straight, and took a few deep breaths. She knew she had checked out on him by the way he was looking at her. "I'll be right back" April said as she got up and headed for the kitchen. Once she was in the kitchen she grabbed the bottle of Henny out of the freezer and a bottle of water then made her way back into the living room and back on the couch. "Take this ya gonna need it" She passed Dave the chilled bottle of leftover Henny that had been sitting in the freezer since last night. Luckily it was some left because he was killing it during his storytelling about Millie last night.

Dave looked at her and furrowed his brows. "April what the fuck is going on" he questioned as he sat the bottle of Henny on a coaster on the coffee table. She knew it was real when he called her by her name instead of the usual ma.

"We need to talk. Well I need to talk and I need you to listen. Don't worry bout Lil Butt I got her" April said just in case he ended up killing the rest of the bottle of Henny off she'd gladly watch over his Lil Butt.

"You bout to tell me some bullshit ain't you" he mugged her and shook his head. "This was all talk and you can't handle this shit. Is that what it is? You don't want this family life with me. You knew I was a package deal from jump. You said you wanted this" Dave snapped already making April feel some type of way like he was already disappointed in her and she didn't like the feeling. He was already in his head assuming the worst of her but she had to tell him.

April bit down on her bottom lip nervously but kept her eyes on him. "It depends on how you look at it and take it" she said as he moved closer to her. "And yes I can handle this and yes I want this but you might not" she said being realistic about the situation.

Dave looked at her and shot her the meanest mug he ever had. "Stop stalling" he spoke through gritted teeth.

April kept her eyes on him and took a huge deep breath. "You said there was something different bout me and ya right there is just like the dynamic of me and Chris's relationship. We're friends nothing more and nothing less" she paused. "But he's gonna be around more often than you'd probably like. He's my child's father...I'm pregnant David" April said as calmly as she could even though her nerves were through the roof as she kept her eyes on him as he tried to register what she had just said. She felt like she could pass out at any moment. She knew this wasn't going to be a happy occasion and this was going to change everything. Of course she didn't expect it to be but she knew she had fucked up.

_________________________________________
-Happy Reading guys I hope you enjoy 😊
-Agnes ain't shit! She got Lil Butt all in her feelings but April came through and saved the day 😊
-I'm loving the family vibes that I'm getting from them. How about you guys 🤔
-Welp the cat is out of the bag..how do you think Dave is going to take the news🤔
-April was scared to tell him because she didn't want jinx her baby but she realized she had to. They were on the topic of family and this was it for her. I know some women who didn't want to tell anyone they were pregnant because they didn't want to get theirs or others hopes up all for it to disappear so that's why I did it the way I did 🤷🏾‍♀️ still love y'all though 🥰
-Any, who sharing is caring so tell a friend to tell a friend. Don't forget to comment, vote, & add to your libraries 🥰
-If you are reading and not commenting no problem just make sure you color the ⭐️ please and thank you 🥰
-Hey new readers‼️ Hope you guys have been enjoying 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 23.7K 74
------------------------------------------------------------ I jumped a little at the feel of his cold rings, "How do you think Nathan would feel," h...
5.9K 302 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...
563K 20.5K 59
He stops talking at the sight of me and looks me up and down, leaning against my door frame. "Damn ma you look sexy as hell." I look myself in the m...
329K 18K 67
Be careful what you wish for you just might get it! Don't be alarmed. Don't be afraid. It doesn't have to go the wrong way. In April's case God gave...