Photographs (Luke Hemmings)

By Procrashtonates

When her world gets shaken up, Bailey, her family, and her new amazing group of friends have to adapt their l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
SEQUEL
No update- just words!
Long Time No Talk!

Chapter 31

6.2K 161 25
By Procrashtonates

I stepped outside after opening the front door. The cold air was nipping at my cheeks and my exposed arms. The snow had stopped falling and now there was a fresh thin sheet of white frost covering my front yard.

I watched as my aunts, uncles, and cousins walked up my driveway holding containers full of food for our family lunch. I hugged them each as they all wished me a Merry Christmas.

It was the day before Christmas Eve, but we always had an early family gathering with my dad's relatives; that way Christmas day could be spent with the other side of our family.

I ushered them all inside leading them into the kitchen where they could put the food on the counter. After I exchanged the normal small talk such as, "How are you?" and "How's school?" with my aunts, they pushed me out of the kitchen saying they needed to prepare the last of our big meal.

I walked into the living room where my uncles and cousins were gathered. I laughed to myself because of course the girls were in the kitchen and the males were talking amongst themselves.

I made the same small talk I did with them as I did with my aunts before excusing myself to my front door, peering out the window for Luke. He was running late, he was suppose to be at my house 15 minutes ago. I stepped outside and pulled my phone out of my back pocket. I looked up when I heard the sound of a car driving towards my house.

Luke got out of his car, and made his way up my driveway after he parked.

"You made it," I said as he pulled me in for a quick hug.

"Did you think I wasn't going to come?" he asked with a light chuckle.

"I don't know, you were late and you know I worry about everything," I said laughing at myself for worrying so much, Luke would never stand me up.

I scanned over his body; his hair was slightly damp, he wore a red flannel with the sleeves rolled up, and his normal black skinny jeans. Of course he was wearing his black vans, he always wore those if not his black converse. But he knew I liked the vans better.

"Come on, everyone is inside." I said leading him through the front door of my house.

"Luke you made it," my dad said walking over to him and patting him on the back.

I briefly introduced Luke to each of my uncles and cousins before we made our way into the kitchen to face my aunts.

Each of my aunts pulled him in for a hug, before asking how he was doing. I probably should have warned him that they all liked to hug.

After a moment my aunts ushered us to the dining room claiming the food was ready.

"So Luke, Bailey mentioned you moved here a few years ago?" my uncle Derek questioned after we were all well into our meal.

"Yeah, I moved here with my parents from Australia a few years ago," he said stuttering slightly, but maintaining eye contact. I could tell he was nervous.

"That would explain the accent," my uncle said chuckling.

"It's fading slowly," I said chiming in. Which it was, I had been noticing lately that Luke's accent was starting to disappear. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it.

Luke explained why his family had moved here, and answered some questions from my family as dinner continued.

We moved the subject to my condition; my dad explaining all I had been through in the past few weeks. I swallowed the lump in my throat, I didn't like talking about it. I also remembered I had just had an MRI done recently at my check up. My dad went on to explain how my last MRI was clean and was showing a slow brain tumor growth which made a relief wash over me. We all finished our meal and my aunt Maria told us it was time for dessert in a cheerful voice.

"See that wasn't so bad," I said to Luke as I cleared the table so my aunts could lay out the dessert.

-

Luke and I made our way around the room telling my family goodbye, and explaining that his family was having a dinner at his house. Once we got into the car Luke let out a sigh of relief, making me chuckle.

"See, nothing to worry about," I smiled. Luke wouldn't admit how nervous he was to meet my family, but I saw it on his face when he first showed up at my house.

"You're next, Parker," he said smirking at me. I then began to feel nervous about meeting his family, I was now in his shoes.

"You'll be fine." he said putting his hand on mine as he drove. I laughed silently because I was telling him that exact same thing earlier, how ironic.

We pulled into Luke's driveway and I let out a deep breath.

"They'll love you almost as much as I do," he said kissing my forehead, "Come on." he said taking my hand as we walked into his house.

I immediately became the center of attention, which I didn't exactly enjoy. Luke's relatives, primarily the women, had swarmed around me. They smothered me in hugs, compliments, and questions.

Dinner went smoothly; like Luke said, I had nothing to worry about.

His family was easy to get along with, they all made the conversation flow easily.

I talked about books and shopping with his aunts, and sports with his uncles. After hours of conversation, it was getting late so Luke announced he should drive me home.

While saying goodbye to his family, they all made me promise to come around when I could before they left for Australia at the end of the week.

Once we stepped outside, I let out a big sigh and started to fan myself with my hands.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked, looking at me with suspicion.

"It was really hot inside," I said as I felt the winter air cool my skin.

"They all loved you." he said as we got into the car.

"I hope they did."

I found myself relaxed as we drove towards my house. I was glad the day was over and I no longer had to worry about meeting his family and what they would think of me.

Meeting his family was not only nerveracking because I wanted them to like me, but because Luke and I were becoming serious.

We had been together for six months, and our relationship was slowly beginning to mature. You only ever brought your boyfriend or girlfriend to meet your family if you thought about having them around for a long time.

Of course that's what I wanted; to be around Luke for a long time, but that also meant I was going to start falling in love with him.

Falling in love scared me like nothing else.

Falling in love with him gave him the power to hurt me.

Falling in love made me completely vulnerable.

Not to mention that I was a teenage girl who had her days numbered. If Luke and I fell in love, that would make me feel guilty because one day I would have to leave him alone on this earth and I didn't want to hurt him.

Before I knew it, we were pulling into my driveway. I got out of the car and Luke did the same to walk me to the door.

I turned to him once we got to the top step in front of my door. He was smiling at me, which left me at a loss for words and I broke out into a smile as well.

Luke leaned in, and met my lips with his. I smiled into the kiss because Luke made all the worries and stress I had disappear. Luke slid his one hand to my waist pulling me closer, and the other to my neck to deepen the kiss.

After a long moment we both pulled back, and my breath hitched. It was like all the air in my lungs was gone.

I turned on my heels, and dug my keys out of my pocket. My legs felt wobbly, and I just needed to sit down. I tried to put the key into the lock, but the keys fell out of my hand.

Luke reached down at picked them up, "Clumsy," he said teasingly, handing them over with a smile pulling at his lips. I tried to mutter a thanks, but my head felt fuzzy.

I heard Luke ask if I was okay and I looked at him. He put a hand on my back as if he was trying to steady me. I tried to tell him I didn't feel so good but when I went to speak, I leaned over and let the contents of my stomach out.

Luke called my name one last time, and again I tried to speak, but nothing came out of my mouth. I remember the worry in his blue eyes staring at me before everything went black.

-
A/N

hi guys! I'm in a competition to meet 5sos and I need your help! Click vote here http://hot995.com/pages/5sosjb/?cs if you tweet me proof at (@procrashtinates) i will dm you to Calum and the band account.

I almost met the boys once, but long story short I was late. they met everyone and as my friends and I got there, they were leaving. it was heartbreaking and this is my chance! thank you :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 660 68
For a single moment I want to feel like the universe isn't about to crush me and my heart isn't about to explode But I guess I'm just stuck in the mo...
260K 2.7K 72
@michaelclifford liked your post.
849K 34.6K 34
❝Your blue eyes, they just pull me in.❞ © cthood 2014
1.3K 43 20
Prologue I'm just a sixteen year old girl in high school. Some people say I have the life in high school,I say I don't. But I guess being popular is...