Destined For the King

By CHIXAAA_

"Time is up, I AM CLAIMING WHAT IS MINE!" His voiced shattered throughout the entire tower. He has found me a... More

Love is for the pure
Domination
Rapunzel Rapunzel...
Fight Til The End
Face to Face pt. 1
Face to Face pt.2
Stephan
Countdown
Alone
Reality
Panic Attack
Throwback p1
Throwback p2
Submissive
Dinner date
Agreement
CHECK IT OUT
Meet the Parents
Dinner conversation
Explain!
Family secrets
Truth
Armani Dresses
Realization
Fresh start
New Agreement
Party Time
In the Works
Stalling
Perfect Night
Surprise Honey
Happiness
Test run
Family Drift
Touchdown
Talks and Mimosa
Shot at Love
Our First Kiss?
Up In The Air
Engagement Party
Do I stay...
Or Do I Go...
BE PATIENT AND RESPECTFUL
Week of Freedom
Dark times
Torn
UPDATE TOMORROW
Make Amends
Shell of A Man
Day 1
New York
Midnight
Birthday p1
Birthday P2
Morning after
Milian
Soon
Realtor Project
Back Home
Finally Reunited
Council
I'll Marry You
Massive Print
New Expectations
Wedding plans
Decisions without Him
Yes to the Dress
Bridesmaid shopping
Sit Down
Wife Selection
Crocodile Tears

My Turn

89.9K 3.1K 605
By CHIXAAA_

Let's get straight into things!

-----------------------

Sophia led me upstairs and down the pathway. We stopped in front of two large brown oak doors. She knocked on the door before opening. She shuffled quickly inside and I followed behind her. The room was a large lounge area; perfect for me to get ready. My friends Juliana and Bambina were inside along with my mama and Nonna. The girls were sitting on the light pink fur couches sipping on Champagne. In the corner was a large mannequin covered by a white satin sheet.

"Ladies, Your woman of honor has arrived," Sophia announced. Everyone placed their glass on the round table and walk towards us.

"I'm so excited to see you in your dress!" Juliana exclaimed.

"I'm excited to see my dress, Sophia you said you made some changes?"

"Yes, I did, are you ready to see it? I think you'll love it and when Dominic sees you in it he'll die." I fought the urge to roll my eyes from hearing Dominic's name.

Everyone followed Sophia as she led us towards the covered mannequin. She took a quick peek under to make sure everything was up to her standard before ripping off the satin sheet. Gasps and awes filled the room. My new and improved dress is...beautiful!  The structure of the dress stayed the same; the only difference was the gold-encrusted appliques sewed along the deep neckline and carried up around the breast line. Sophia even added a matching gold appliques collar necklace. Under my dress were my gold shimmer open toe stiletto shoes.

"Oh Tesoro, The dress is beautiful!" Mama whispered as she hugged me from the side.

"This is beyond my expectations, Sophia you are a Godsent angel."

"It's been my pleasure, Now go behind the divider over there and put on your beautiful dress. I have to go check on the boys in the other room." Sophia rolled the mannequin over to the floral divider before rushing out of the room. Mama and Nonna walked me over to the divider and helped me put on the dress while my friends waited by the couches.

The dress was tight but hugged my body perfectly. As Nonna zipped up the dress and Mama buckled my shoe straps on, I stared at myself in the mirror. I couldn't believe how beautiful I looked. I felt and looked like a movie star. I looked like I belong in Dominic's world. Sophia is right, if Dominic saw me in this dress all dulled up he would be amazed. He wouldn't keep his hands off me. Yet tonight, this dress isn't for him. This is for me. No matter what happens tonight, I have to remember that it's all about me. I have to take care of myself for once.

Once I was ready, I walked out from behind the divider to reveal the final look to my friends. The moment I came from behind the divider, squeals were released. My friends ran up to hug me. I've never been happier to have Juliana and Bambina by my side. They always made me feel like I was the hottest girl in the world.

"Aly, you look so freaking good! Look at you!" Bambina squealed.

"I better look good because I can't breathe!" I giggled.

"Who cares about breathing. When you look like that you don't need to breathe!" Juliana snapped.

"Tesoro, you know you look beautiful. I just wish your father could be here to see you." Mama sighed.

I almost forgot about Papa and how he chose to stay home instead of being here to support me. He says he had to stay home for business but I know he's in trouble and he doesn't approve of the fact that I decided to stay with Dominic willingly. I wish he was here too. I wish he could put his pride away for a night so he can support me. I wish he loved me enough to sacrifice his own comfort and feelings for the sake of his daughter's happiness. I didn't choose this life, his ancestors made the decision for me and he seems to forget that. It's crazy to me that Mama was able to put aside everything to come here and it wasn't even her family that caused this. But, just like Dominic, I have to push my hurt from my father away too. I need to be selfish. For once in my life, I am making the decisions. I am going to choose how I live my life for now on.

-------

We stayed in the room and continue to drink and talk as we waited for guests to arrive. Sophia was in and out to announce any news we needed to know. As the clock struck 6:30 we stood by the large window and watch as the guests arrive. My brother and Nonno came to join us as we people watched carefully by the window.

"Good your all here. Dominic's parents are here and want to talk to you and officially meet the in-laws!" Sophia announced as she poked her head into the room. My heart dropped to my stomach. Meet the in-laws? I'm not ready for mama to meet the Vincenzo's; especially Dominic's mother."

"I've been dying to meet the Vincenzo's. Please send them in!" Mama chirped. I glared at mama intensely. This woman is insane.

"Mama please, Dominic is one thing but you CANNOT disrespect his parents. I can't save you with this one." I hissed in her ear.

"Yeah, Mama Alessandra is right. This isn't the people you want to piss off. You get to go home but Alessandra has to stay here with them." Roberto chimed in.

"I won't be rude. I just want to meet them." Mama said.

"Promise me, mama. Promise us all."

"Jeez, I promise. I might be a little angry but the last thing I am is crazy. You really think I'm going to go wild on the Vincenzo famiglia?"

"As long as you understand how insane you would be if you do. Sophia, bring them in."

Sophia stepped out of the room for a moment before the door opened up again. Behind her was Mr. and Mrs. Vincenzo looking as elegant as always. Mr. Vincenzo wore a dark grey velvet suit with a burgundy tie and matching velvet burgundy loafers. Mrs. Vincenzo wore a beautiful eggshell white with gold beading mermaid dress with small spaghetti straps and a deep neckline plunge. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Vincenzo, you look lovely tonight," I announced. With confidence, I walked over to the Vincenzo's and gave them a hug and kiss on the cheek. Mr. Vincenzo welcomed me with open arms as always, Mrs. Vincenzo, however, looked at me with surprise. I guess she never expected me to be so direct.

"You look stunning Alessandra, and look we're matching." Mr. Vincenzo laughed.

"Great minds think alike what can I say,"

"Yes, you do look pretty tonight. Are you ready for the party?" Mrs. Vincenzo asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Oh, how can we be so rude. Mrs. Mortelli, what a pleasure it is to meet you." Mr. Vincenzo walked over to my mother and pulled her into a hug. Mama put on a convincing smile and returned the hug, even give him a kiss on the cheek.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mr. Vincenzo. You're quite the charmer and your wife is as beautiful as ever." Mrs. Vincenzo gave her a smug smile but made no movement to go hug my mother. Lord this woman is a serious bitch.

"Why thank you, and who are these beautiful people beside you."

"This is my mama and papa, my son Roberto and Alessandra's friends Juliana and Bambina."

"I'm happy you all can be here for the engagement party. I'm excited to introduce Alessandra to the family. Everyone has been dying to see the girl... or should I say the beautiful woman who has locked down the infamous Vincenzo bad boy. They think you're a myth."

"Well, I can't wait to go out there and prove them wrong."

"Where is the bad boy anyways? We haven't seen him all day and the party is going to start." Mama questioned.

"I saw my son just a moment ago with his leading guard Dante. They're getting ready in the other room." Mrs. Vincenzo announced.

Wow.... so Dominic did show up? I'm hoping that Dante gave him that letter.

"Look at the time. It's time to make an appearance. Mrs. Mortelli, please join us in entering the party." Mr. Vincenzo extended his hand towards mama. She looked at me for confirmation before taking his hand and following him out the door. The rest of my famiglia followed. I made Juliana and Bambina stay up with me.  I waited for everyone to leave before turning to my friends.

"Okay so are you ready to tell us what the hell is going on?" Juliana blurted out.

"Wait...what are you talking about?"

"You've been depressed since you came downstairs this morning and Dominic is nowhere to be found and you kept coming up with lame excuses. Did you really think we weren't going to notice?"

"Juju, Bambs... I don't know what to do! Yesterday he literally walked out on me! I didn't know where he went or who he's been with and now I hear his in the other room and hasn't even tried to apologize to me?"

"What happened exactly?" Bambina wondered.

"He was upset that I told him to stop touching me. He wanted to 'punish me' and he almost crossed a boundary. He thought that taking our first kiss away would show dominance over me. The fight was stupid, yes but I hate the way he wants to control me and punish me for having a thought. After that, he left! He left me on the biggest moment in our relationship! He was the one who wanted to show me he's ready to commit and that I can trust him. One fight and he runs off to God knows where."

"That bastard! You have every right to feel how you feel. No matter how small the issue is, if it makes you upset you're allowed to feel that way. Dominic is your fiance, he should know the limits. Mafia leader or not, he can't treat you like property. Plus he left you, Ally, are you sure you want to go through with this?" Juliana advised.

"I don't know. There are so many people in that ballroom who are praying for our downfall already. I don't want to give up so easily but after today... I don't think I can stay here anymore."

"There's no right answer we can give you that will solve your problem. You have to follow your heart. I couldn't imagine being in this situation honestly, and you are one strong girl for deciding to make things work with Dominic. We know there's a lot you haven't told us yet but, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you've dealt with some crazy bullshit. What do you want to do?"

"I want to get through the night. After that I can decide what I want to do. You guys start heading downstairs to the party. I'll be out soon."

I gave a quick cheek kiss to my friends and watched as they left me alone in the dressing room. Soon I was left alone with my thoughts. I stayed surprisingly calm. I could hear the soft music from the party through the vents. There was laughter and loud chatter that were heard through the music. I'm glad people were having a fun time downstairs because I'm having the worst time upstairs.

Sophia entered my room moment later to let me know Dominic is dressed and on his way over. I wanted to ask her how Dominic seemed but the stress on her face told me she had enough to deal with. A part of me wanted to lock the door behind Sophia and spend the rest of my night in the room but I made a promise to myself. I won't be the reason why this fails. I can sleep happily knowing that I do everything I could to make things work. If it fails, Its because Dominic refuses to change.

Soon there were 5 hard knocks on my door before the door burst open. Dominic strolled in with anger and confidence spewing out of him. Behind him was Dante. Dominic looked good of course. He wore a fitted burgundy velvet suit with a matching gold velvet bow tie and black velvet shoes. I couldn't help but see my note crunched up in his gripped hands.

"Do you have any fucking idea HOW ANGRY I FUCKING AM?" Dominic growled at me.

"Back at you friend. I meant every word in that letter. Now we are going to go downstairs and put on a show. Ruin this night for me and I promise you I'll be back in Milan by tonight."

It's my turn to call the shots.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 139K 81
"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pass for a Greek deity, emerged from the l...
3M 80.5K 50
Sloan. 17 years old. Billionaire. Mafia Queen. At the age of 2 Sloan was kidnapped from her family by her father's second in command and taken to S...
79.6K 1.7K 41
UPDATE!! BOOK II: BOUND TO HIM IS NOW AVAILABLE!! NEW CHAPTER POSTED EVERY THURSDAY!!! *** It was supposed to be a simple trade off with her father b...