My Man, My Admirer (Cake Fanf...

By surfingcake

Calum Hood, the bassist from the rock band "5 Seconds of Summer" has feelings for the lead singer of the band... More

My Man, My Admirer || Cake Fanfiction
Chapter 1 - What's wrong with Luke?
Chapter 2 - Accidental Love Letters
Chapter 3 - Secrets and Lies
Chapter 4 - Confessions
Chapter 5 - Because it Benefits Me
Chapter 6 - Too Confused
Chapter 7 - Who's my Man?
Chapter 8 - Mr. Confident
Chapter 9 - #CakeLL
Chapter 10 - Bound to L.A.
Chapter 11 - Breaking His Heart
Chapter 12 - I Do
Chapter 13 - The Library of Love
Chapter 14 - Movies & Cuddles
Chapter 15 - It's Not Stress
Chapter 16 - We're Brothers
Chapter 17 - The Truth
Chapter 18 - Surprise Lucas
Chapter 19 - Not a Perfect Christmas
Chapter 20 - Redoing Christmas
Chapter 21 - Back at it Again
Chapter 22 - Tour Bus
Chapter 23 - Stay Safe, Please
Chapter 24 - Running Away
Chapter 25 - Soon
Chapter 26 - Nothing But Awkward
Chapter 27 - Raining on the Rooftop
Chapter 28 - Second Chances
Chapter 29 - Reunion Plans
Chapter 30 - Doubts and Questions
Chapter 31 - Perfect Two
Chapter 32 - Back Home
Chapter 33 - 12:00 AM
Chapter 34 - A Night to Remember
Chapter 35 - Mobbed
Chapter 36 - Under The Sea
Chapter 37 - Daniel and Chris
Chapter 38 - Dogsitting Pt.1
Chapter 39 - Dogsitting Pt.2
Chapter 40 - Dogsitting Pt.3
Chapter 41 - National Anthem
Chapter 42 - Dream Big Luke
Chapter 43 - Dream Big Calum
Chapter 44 - Dream Big Ashton
Chapter 45 - Dream Big Michael
Chapter 46 - Mess Up
Chapter 47 - Red & White Dye
Chapter 49 - Livestream
Chapter 50 - New Beginnings
Epilogue (and more)

Chapter 48 - Replacement

2.3K 87 39
By surfingcake

Ayyyye lmao!

So, it's called 'Replacement,' but it's not about replacing

any of the boys (relationship or not)

Nutella waffles are good, hopefully like this story. ENJoY!

--

(Calum's POV) 

Luke has been ignoring me, or he hasn't been spending much time with me anymore. All I can say is that it's not because of Michael anymore. He just locks himself in the hotel room's closet and never comes out. It's been like that for the past two weeks.

And just yesterday, Michael got his rainbow hair back.

Marvelous.

Even if I try to enter the closet, he acts suspicious. He only comes out for food, the bathroom, and for performing. Also, we're in Hawaii! He doesn't even come with us to the beach or to the volcanoes! He's always alone!

Michael, Ashton, and I were sitting at the couch and watching a movie. I came a bit late, so I didn't bother asking the title.

"Calum! Can you come here please!"

Immediately, I realized that he had spoken. My name. I jumped off of the couch, climbing over Ashton and Michael. I ran into the door, muffling a groan before entering the dark, but large hotel closet. Luke's phone light was easy to see through the darkness, so I walked towards it and opened the curtain that separated us.

"I'd like to take you on a date. This time, no mistakes and no pranks. Just you and me, sitting at a fancy resturaunt that won't mess up because I'm not hosting it." Luke whispered. I laughed at his tired tone of voice and sat down on the floor right next to him.

"Lukey, come sit here please." I whispered. Luke left his current position and sat down on my lap. I adjusted my legs and asked him, "What's going on?"

"What do you mean? The ignoring coming from me to you and everybody? I'm just busy, Cal. That's why I'm taking you tonight."

I shrugged, taking his hand in mine.

"Babe, it's a one time thing, okay? Unless a huge disaster happens and it'll cause me to do the same again." Luke said getting off of my lap and sitting next to me.

He kissed me on the lips before dragging his hand around my shoulders. I leaned into his neck and rested my head there. From that point, all of my troubles, complaints, and bad dreams just faded away like a leaf blowing in the wind.

"So, Cal. I'm excited about tonight, and it's 6:00pm. Let's get you ready, reservation is at 10:00pm."

He pulled out a white tux, and I squinted my eyes. The light of the room reflected off of the suit, the black bow tie topping the whole outfit off. He put the suit over my body for a first look, and he smirked.

"Cute."

"Luke, why are you taking me out so early? Four hours until our reservation." I asked, taking my suit and heading over to the bathroom. I heard a rustle of papers as I walked, so I turned around to see Luke stuffing something into his bag. He hadn't looked up, so I tried getting a closer look.

"Luke?" I said, waving my hands in front of his face. He jumped, stuffing the papers deeper into the bag and zipping it up. He gave a nervous smile and kissed me lightly on the cheek.

"I'll wait outside by the hotel. Don't worry about it." He rushed. I watched him dash out of the room with his backpack and his suit. Shrugging, I made my way to the bathroom. Luke was just awkward, I guess. It can't be anymore complicated than that.

- Small Time Skip - 

"MIKEY, ASH I'LL BE BACK BEFORE MIDNIGHT I THINK!" I shouted through the room, heading towards the outside of it. They just mumbled a small 'okay' before I started to head outside. As soon as I got out, Luke was gone.

"He'd promised." I mumbled, unattatching a taped rose from the front of our room. I twirled it around my finger and started to pull on the petals. Wait...

Right next to the broken rose was a letter, from Luke. I blushed slightly as I took the letter in my hand and read over the first few lines, before walking down the road. Luke could've walked this way. I see his pen on the floor, maybe from running.

I followed the road down to a fancy restaurant. All of the ladies wore nice dresses and the men were in comfortable tuxedos. I watched as each couple entered and exited the building, clearly pleased at the outcome of the service.

"Is Luke Hemmings here? Reservation for two?" I asked the front man.

"No, Calum. But, he left this off for you about a minute ago. Have fun!" He replied. I opened up the second letter that Luke has written me today. He's been doing a lot of letter trails lately. I just want time with him and that's all that matters to me.

--

--

Cal <3,

You should know, that this place is too fancy

for the both of us.

Find me, and you get dinner, the sunset, a gift, and me.

Let's run away, let's seize the day... - Luke

--

--

I walked down the sidewalk even further and that's when I heard a rustle in the bushes. I screeched, stuffing the letters into my suit's pocket. The rustle continued from one bush, and down the line. A smart person would've walked away, but I followed.

The sun was almost down, and I thought that it was a bad idea to follow these 'moving' bushes, because I got carried away. I texted Luke, saying that I may be a little late before continuing the journey by the bushes.

"CALUM FROM 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER LOOK GUYS!" A loud girl screamed.

"Not in the mood, I'm trying to find Luke." I mumbled to myself, picking up my pace. A herd of fangirls and fanboys continued to chase me for blocks. My hair was messy, my head was sweaty, and my suit was wrinkled and ruined.

Just as I turned a corner, I hid in an alley way as the fans caught up and continued to run towards nothing. I snorted a little, before sinking down to the ground and frowning.

I missed my date with Luke.

The sun was already down and the sky was basically almost pitch black. There were only a few stars out, but nothing to make me satisfied.

That's it.

I cried.

I cried because I missed Luke's efforts of making up the date he had planned for us. I cried because I just had to follow the bushes. I cried because I knew that I wasn't going to be back at the hotel by midnight. I cried because I needed Luke with me. I cried because of what I stupidly did. I missed possibly the best date for running after a row of bushes.

I felt a figure sitting down next to me, wrapping their arms around my shoulder.

"It's alright, We'll drive you to Luke."

I looked up, recognizing the light voice. Amayra was sitting next to me, Anthony watching from the side with his car. She gave me a sad smile, before helping me up and into the red car. She hopped in the front with Anthony as I sulked in the back of the car.

"Where's Luke?" Amayra asked.

Anthony replied, "You two will see soon enough."

We drove back a few blocks, making me feel sadder. So, I guess I did miss Luke's destination for the two of us. We arrived at a garden, full of roses and daises. The car suddenly stopped, as we arrived at the place where Luke expected me.

A letter was attached to the black gate, separating me from the garden and from Luke. I guestured to Amayra and Anthony to leave, and that's when they drove off. I opened up the letter, glancing over the sweet words, before drying up my tears and opening the gate. The gate made a large creaking noise as I opened and closed it behind me. I took a deep breath, and followed the dirt path towards a bright light in the distance.

I gulped, incredibly aware of my surroundings. I made sure that no one was around, because I just wanted to have time with Luke.

"CALUM! OVER HERE!" A voice shouted, once I stepped on a tree branch. I followed the voice, walking first, but then speeding up my pace. I soon arrived at a wooden door, short walls on both sides. I struggled to unlock the door, so instead I jumped to the other side.

"LUKE!"

"CALUM!"

I embraced Luke in a tight hug, not wanting to let him go. I mean, I just saw him like an hour or two ago, but I messed it up. So I wanted to make it up.

"I'm sorry Luke, I got lost and the sun's down and now I don't know what we'll do now. It's all my fault. I'm really really sorry."

Luke chuckled slightly, "Don't worry about it Calum. We're in Hawaii, just stay chill."

"Hey, I thought you said that it wouldn't be prepared by you. I thought you said fancy restaurant. Not that I don't appreciate everything, but that's what you said." I stated.

"The letter, Cal. You shoud know, that this place is too fancy for the both of us. So, I bought fast food which is our favorite." Luke mentioned, pointing to a tableclothed picnic table with rose petals around it and a candle in the center.

"Your so sweet Luke."

"Your sweeter."

"Your the sweetest." I said, knowing that he couldn't top it off.

"Stop talking to yourself." Luke laughed, "Because your the sweetest."

"No-"

"YOU BOTH ARE SWEET OKAY NOW SHUT UP AND LET ME SLEEP!"

Luke and I looked up to a three story building, a man sticking his head out at the top floor. After he scolded us, he shut the window and his curtains. I laughed lightly, as Luke blushed, taking a seat at the small, but prepared table.

"Before we eat, Calum. I have something to give you." Luke said, his voice shaky.

"Yeah, what is it babe?"

He revealed a silver box with a red ribbon covering the entire thing. Sheepishly, he handed the box over as I made grabby hands at it. As soon as I got the box, I untangled the ribbon and opened up the silver box to see the most efforted present.

"Y-You didn't have to. Spend all the time we had in Hawaii just to redo all of this for me?"

"Oh, but I did." Luke smirked.

He rewrote, word by word, all of the letters since the first one. Even though his date in L.A. for me was ruined, and the letters stolen, he spent all his time recreating everything. I scanned through the letters, biting the inside of my cheek.

"I love you so much, Calum. I'm sorry for the problems that we had, or anything that I messed up. I just want you to, to know that I love you."

"Little did you know, you already show it, Luke. All day, you show that your in love with me just as much as I am with you." I replied, kissing him on the lips.

 We spent the rest of the night together. Talking, laughing, eating, and enjoying comfortable silences. The two of us walked thorugh the garden, the gift still in my hand. Ashton and Michael were standing in front of the room, looking tired as hell. It was probably past midnight, it probably was.

Before entering the hotel room, I looked around. Everything turned from terrible to perfect in a matter of seconds, and that's al I really needed.

--

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

New chapter soon, but the book is coming to an end in 2-3 chapters.

I will be having another book published in December.

Vote? Comment? Share? Follow?

Until next time ~Sarah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 2.6K 40
"what if i told you i'm actually calum hood and have been deceiving you this entire time?" "i wouldn't believe you" + or where Calum Hood, bassist of...
1.8K 82 39
' what does this all lead to? " I ask kissing his chin ' a happy boy and a happy girl. They started out as friends and became more than that in a ma...
410K 13K 28
As far as their fans know, Michael Clifford & Luke Hemmings are just 'bandmates', but they are so much more than that. Same goes for Ashton Irwin & C...
7.9K 139 21
Calum Hood is the bassists in 5 Seconds Of Summer. Each boy has groupies. They're all happy with their group of girls except Calum. Until his manager...