Strictly Business

By TheRealOP

"It's so simple," I say. "All we have to do is pretend we're in love with each other. You know, hold hands... More

Strictly Business
Strictly Business~Persuasion and Vandalism
Strictly Business~First Dates and First Lies
Strictly Business~Testosterone and Maggot Cheese
Strictly Business~Melted Skittles and Psychology
Strictly Business~Pimples and Psychology
Strictly Business~ New Managment and Fake Kisses
Strictly Business~Awkward Moments and Awkward Situations
Strictly Business~ Confessions and Neon Trees
Strictly Business~ Cheerleading and Shirtless Jackson
Strictly Business~ Taco Shells and Mind Games
Strictly Business~ Cheese Nips and Weston's Agenda
Strictly Business~ Deflating Boobs and Dangerous Snooping
Strictly Business~ Weston's Absence and Weston's Appearance
Strictly Business~ R.E.V.E.N.G.E and Landfills
Strictly Business~ Cheek Chillers and Breast Cancer
Strictly Business~ Beef Spleen and Pickpocketing
Strictly Business~ Miranda Rights and Tragedies
Strictly Business~ Slavery and Spit
Strictly Business~ Second Dates and Propositions
Strictly Business~ Seizures and Sneezing
Strictly Business~ Sneezy Snouts and Project Partners
Strictly Business~ Giant Sized Crap and Addelyn's Revenge
Strictly Business~ Weston's Abdomen and Kitchen Fires
Strictly Business~ Butt Rags and Blue Dye
Strictly Business~ Quitter Talk and Corsages
Strictly Business~ Parental Faculties and Co-ed Sleepovers
Strictly Business~ Fights With Feathers and Prince Charming
Strictly Business~ Incognito and Falling From Trees
Strictly Business~ Exploding Toilets and Laxatives
Strictly Business~ Recorders and Nostalgia
Strictly Business~ Metrosexual and The Return of Brutus's Pee
Strictly Business~ Carnivals and Manslaves
Strictly Business~ Prom Night and Power Flower Hotlines
Strictly Business~ Breakaway Pants and Man Thongs
Strictly Business~ Epilogue

Strictly Business~ Candid Camera and Butt Floss

110K 2.4K 329
By TheRealOP

     Reputation

     E

     V

     E

     N

     G

     E

     PHASE TWO

     Not even an hour after I get home, Weston is knocking at me door, desperately begging me to let him in.  I stand in the kitchen, cutting apple slices with a knife, humming his pleading voice out of my head.  He can stand there and bang on the door all night, but I refuse to open it.  There’s no excuse in the world that can justify what he said.

     “Addelyn, I told you.  I didn’t mean it.  The guys didn’t believe that I had cut off all ties with you, so I had to be convincing.  They wanted me to insult you, so I did!  That’s it! Now, let me in.”  He says, and I shake my head.

     “Well, couldn’t you’ve insulted me the way you usually do?  Like comparing me to Sasquatch, or a Woolly Mammoth?  Did you really have to go so far as to comment on my lack of  help in certain bodily areas?”  I say loud enough for him to hear on outside.  I really shouldn’t be talking to him.  The silent treatment might get him off my doorstep.

     “I thought I was insulting you the way I usually do!”  He replies.  “At the beginning of this year I specifically remember congratulating you for graduating from a training bra.  And all you did was scowl and walk away?  Why make such a big deal of it now?”

     Part of me can’t believe that he asked that question.  Why make such a big deal out of it?  It’s quite obvious to me that Weston doesn’t really understand female emotions, and I can’t help but mentally kick myself for desiring to be with him.  I could be crying my eyes out, and he’d probably throw me a stick to comfort me.

     “Maybe I’m making a big deal out of it because I had gotten the impression from yesterday that you cared about me.  But my mistake!  Maybe I do need to check into the mental hotline!”  I crunch down on an apple slice as hard as I possibly can. 

     “I do care about you!  I just can’t act like I do at school!”  He yells. 

     I roll my eyes.  This ‘plan’ is no excuse for the way he decided to talk to me, no matter what he says.  I’m insisting respect from him, from here on out.  I set down the apple, and consider bringing the knife, but I think better of it. Invigorated and furious, I walk to the front door, and twist the door knob, opening the door.  Weston’s face brightens when he sees that I’ve opened.

     “Look, Weston, I don’t forgive you.”  I say.  “But this will in no way stop the plan that you want me to be involved in.”

     I can see his shoulders relax a little. 

     “But I’ve considered the conversation we had last night, and I’ve decided that I’m not ready to get involved with you.  At least, not until you appreciate me.  Because if you appreciated me, whether you were faking or not, you would not make the statement you made earlier today.  I understand that many girls could care less about how you degrade them, just as long as they get your attention for a few hours, but sadly, I’m not one of those girls.  So if you want to be with me, you’re going to have to work.”

     His eyes glint with the idea of a challenge, but he doesn’t say anything.

     “Now, aside from our personal issues, you have two minutes to explain what you want to do for Phase Two.”  I step outside the house, and shut the door behind me, leading him to the sitting area on the porch.  He’s still a little shaken up from my sudden burst of courage, and it takes him a few seconds to speak.

     “Okay,” He says, and I don’t know whether that’s a response to my challenge, or whether he’s trying to adjust to another subject.  “I was planning on catching Jackson on candid camera.  You know, have him schmoozing it up with another girl.  So priority number one is to find a girl.  Someone that can have him wrapped around his finger.”

     I shrug, leaning back into the seat.  “So we find a girl?  Sounds easy.”

     He shakes his head.  “Not exactly.  Jackson’s familiar with all the girls at our school.  Kristina is practically the best a guy can get.”

     “Well then we bring in another girl.  A girl from another school.”  I offer.

     “Impossible.  The only other school around here is Stratford, and those girls wouldn’t dare step into Paxton territory.  This is why I need you to handle this part of the job.  Find a girl.  Find somebody that can do job.  And I’ll handle it from there, deal?”

     “Deal,” I reply, getting up from the chair.  “Okay, you’ve had your two minutes.  Leave.”

     He doesn’t look satisfied.  “Addelyn, look, can’t we just—”

     “Don’t make me repeat myself.”

     His eyebrow quirks for a second, and desire flashes across his eyes, before he throws up his arms in defeat.  “Fine, I’m leaving.”

     And then I realize.  I see what I’ve been lacking for years.  Yes, with Weston’s taunts I usually come back with idle threats, and harsh words.  But now I realize the key that I’ve been missing.

     Confidence.

     ***

     “And that’s the story.  That’s what’s been happening in the past twenty four hours.”  I sit on the edge of my bed, watching the sunset.  Jocelyn sits in my swivel chair, grinning brightly. 

     “So that’s it, huh.  You and Weston finally admitted your love, then he made that stupid statement, and now you’ve decided to get a backbone and make him chase after you.  And all this is happening while you’re trying to destroy Jackson.  Sounds like quite the busy twenty four hours.”

     I nod my head.  “That it is.”

     “Well, what would you say if I told you that there’s a possibility that you could kill two birds with one stone?”  Jocelyn asks, with a smirk growing on her face. 

     I lean in, intrigued.  “I’d say that you need to elaborate on this possibility.”

     “You need to find a girl that’ll tempt Jackson enough to lure him away from Kristina.  And you also need to make Weston appreciate what he could possibly have.  So why don’ t you be the girl to tempt Jackson?  I’ll spruce you up a little bit, and Jackson won’t know what hit him.  And hopefully, neither will Weston.”  She says.

     I immediately shoot down the idea.  “So in essence, you’re trying to give me a makeover?  Absolutely not.  My last attempts at making myself look better only ended up in my own embarrassment.  I’m not going through that again.”

     “And you won’t.”  She says.  “I’ll be doing it this time.  I’ve been taking after school cosmetology courses for four years.  I can handle just about anything.”

     “Well it’s not like I have any clothes that will flatter me in any sort of way.  I mean, the mall is closed.  How are you going to fix me up to look like a supermodel with just the materials in my house?”  I ask. 

     Jocelyn looks around for a second.  “You’ve still got that cheerleading outfit right?”

     I nod.  “Yeah, I still have it.”

     “And do you have a flat iron and a bag of decent makeup?”  She asks and I nod.  “Then that’s all I need.  Give me until tomorrow morning and I will turn you into a whole new Addelyn Cooper.”

     “And what about my glasses?  They’re the dorkiest thing about me.”  I say, pushing them up on the bridge of my nose.

      “Dorky?!”  Jocelyn says this like it’s the most outrageous thing in the world.  “I hope you know that thick, black glasses are ‘in’ right now.  If anything, those glasses need to be highlighted, not hidden.  Come on, just let me work my magic.  And if you hate it, you’ll have enough time to change it.”

     I think about it for a second.  It would be more time efficient.  And I do know Jocelyn to do a good job when it comes to cosmetology work.  In fact, I don’t know why I didn’t go to her for a makeover the first time I attempted to do something.  So maybe it’ll do me some good to trust her, and leave this in her hands.  “Okay.  Do it.”

     She grins for a moment, but then lets a serious look come over her face.  She walks over to my dresser, and opens up the top drawer, pulling out a small box.  “But before we start, remember this gift I gave you a couple of years ago?”

     I feel uneasy.  “Yeah,”

     She opens the box, and pulls out a small, blue thong.  “It’s time.”

     Chills run down my spine as I stare at the very small piece of fabric.  “That is not happening.  I am not wearing that.  Nobody’s going to be look at that anyways!”

     “It’s not for them.  It’s for you.  It’s just underwear, Addelyn.”

     I shake my head.  A few years ago, Jocelyn bought me a thong, because it was on BOGO.  Of course, the moment I saw that thing, I just about threw it in the trash, and I shivered at the idea of any girl wearing something so… small.  But Jocelyn made me promise to keep it, hoping that I’d grow up and wear it one day.  But it’s been sitting in that box in my underwear drawer for two years now, untouched.  I’m not ready to bring it out.

     “It’s not underwear, Jocelyn.  It’s butt floss.  That’s what it is.”  I cross my arms in defense. 

     “It’s empowering.  Wearing one of these things makes you feel like more of a woman.  It gives you confidence.”

     “And it also gives you a permanent wedgie.”

     “It does not.  Just trust me and wear it.”

     “I prefer to cover myself with more than a string.”

     “If I’m going to do your hair and makeup, you’re going to need to compliment it with a good outfit.  You have the uniform.  And now you have the thong.  If you have the confidence to wear this, you’ll have the confidence make every guy fall to his knees tomorrow.  Don’t doubt the power of the thong.”

     And she places the disgusting thing on the hanger where the cheerleading outfit hangs.  While every bit of me doesn’t want to wear it tomorrow, I know that I need all the confidence I can get.  So I get off my bed and take Jocelyn’s seat in my swivel chair, preparing to undergo this transformation.

     ***

     Click-clack.

     Click-clack.

     Click-clack.

     That’s the only noise made as I walk down the halls of Paxton High.  A stunning pair of black heels are strapped to my feet, in stark contrast to the sporty look of my uniform.  I know the idea of wearing heels to school can be a little outrageous, but believe me, it works.  Jocelyn spent most of her time on my make-up, making sure every little detail of my face was perfected.  And my hair falls down my back, curling into little ringlets at the ends.  Yes, the only words that linger in my head this morning are the poetic words of LMFAO.

     I’m sexy and I know it.

     All this time and this girl was hidden under a barrier of messy brown hair, and an unmade face.  Oh, and of course, I wouldn’t be anywhere without my butt floss.  I saunter to my locker, with an extra skip in my step, only to await a very pleased Jocelyn.

     “Perfect,” is all she says. 

     “You did an amazing job.”  I say.  “I think I’m a little shocked with the results.”

     “I told you I knew what I was doing.  I wouldn’t be surprised if you get asked out by four different guys by the end of today.”  She smiles at me.

     “Now all I have to do is corner Jackson.” 

     “No!  You are not allowed to go up to him.  Remember, he might think something is up.  You need him to come up to you.  You’re the bait, so reel him in.”  She says, before peeking up at the clock above the lockers.  “I’ve got to go.  Mr. Emerson wants to see me before class this morning.  Stay beautiful.”

     I wave as she walks away, opening my locker, and taking a quick peek at myself in the mirror.  I’m attractive, there’s no doubt about it.  In fact, I start to doubt that it’s my own face for a second.  But there’s no doubt that it’s me.  And compared to these girls at this school, I’m definitely a force to be reckoned with.

     I start to grab my textbooks, preparing for my first class when I hear Weston’s voice.  I want to waltz right over to him and flaunt what he can’t have.  But I can hear Jocelyn’s voice in my head, telling me not to do it.  I’m the bait.  I have to reel them in.  So instead, I wait for him to notice me, if that happens at all.  I hear Chris’s voice too, and I figure the two of them are in deep conversation, so he probably won’t even look my direction.

     At least, that’s what I thought.

     “Now see, Chris, there’s a very delicate way of getting a girl.  When it comes to attracting the female gender, it’s all about charm.  Being bold, but not too bold.  Being witty, but not too witty. You have to do everything just perfect in order to get what you want.”  I scoff at his words.  Like he knows.  All he has to do is bat his eyes and they all come running.

      “I doubt it’s that easy.”  Chris responds.

     “Really?  Okay, watch.  I’ll prove it to you.”

     Sometimes Weston can really sicken me.  His confidence is irritating.  And I feel he needs a good wake-up call.  Someone that’ll tell him he’s nowhere near as great as he thinks he is.  And suddenly, when I feel his arms wrap around my waist, I realize that I’m going to have to be that someone.

     “Hey, sweetheart, I think you’re day just got a little bit better.  Out of all the girls in this hallway I could talk to, I’ve decided to give my attention to you.”  Weston says.

     He has no idea it’s me that he’s saying this to.  I know it.  And it only makes me wonder if I had forgiven him and continued to date him, is this what he’d be doing with other girls when I’m not around?  This guy needs a serious lesson.

     I slowly but surely turn around, watching the shock form on his face.  “I believe it’s best that you keep your hands to yourself, before I shove your kiwis on a stick and serve them as kabobs.”

     Chris burst out into laughter.  Loud, uncontrollable laughter.  “I bet you didn’t see that one coming!”

     Weston ignores Chris and keeps his eyes straight on me.  I place one hand on my hip.  “Take a picture.  It lasts longer.”

     Weston stares for a bit longer, before grabbing my arm, and tugging me down the hallway.  I try not to trip over my heels as he pulls me into a janitor’s closet.  Quickly, he shuts the door behind him, and flicks on the light.  “What are you doing?”

     “What are you talking about?”  I decide to play crazy.

     “Why are you… looking like this?”  He gestures to my body.  “I’m not cool with this.”

     “You seemed just fine with it a couple of seconds ago.  What’s the problem now?”  I raise any eyebrow.

     He clenches his jaw.  “I told you to find a girl.  I did not mean for you to do this yourself.  Go home, put on a pair of jeans and a shirt, and we’ll deal with this plan tomorrow.  But I don’t like this one bit.”

     I shrug.  “Who cares what you like?  I believe I let you know that you and me aren’t together, since you can’t learn to appreciate me the way you should.  You wanted a girl that could look good enough to lure Jackson, and now you’ve got one.”

     “Yeah, but that doesn’t require you flaunting… will you just change?”  Weston looks exasperated, and I take pleasure in it.  It hits me that he’s worried he might have to deal with a little competition.

     “Look, Weston.  I can see you’re having a hard time dealing with the fact that other guys, besides you, might find me attractive.  But I believe it’s time that you get this lesson through your head.  You can’t have everything you want.  And from here on out, we’re going back to the way it was before.  We are business partners.  And I prefer not to mix business with pleasure.”  I say, before opening the door of the closet and stepping out. 

     Of course, I didn’t happen to notice the fact that my foot was tangled in a giant mop, and my graceful exit turned into a very embarrassing one as I fall foreword into the student walking past.  Both of us hit the ground hard.

     “Sorry,” I say, expecting to hear Weston’s laugh, but I don’t.  It’s not until I look at the person I ran into that I realize why.

     Jackson.

     He saw me walk out, or more like fall out of the closet with Weston.  So much for him thinking we aren’t together.

A/N:  I just want to thank JeiiSubido for the amazing piece of artwork you see. It's pretty amazing right?  And I don't think I need to remind you to VOTE VOTE VOTE!!  This is turning out to be quite the sucessful story!

And for my old FDFG fans, I'm planning on having a little cameo come up soon.  The character just happens to be VERY SIMILAR to Weston.  *hint hint*

P.S. Don't forget to comment too!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 174K 48
"Love is..." I explored my brain to find the most suitable word in my dictionary that could fit in the definition I was trying to say; the definition...
19.9M 678K 63
(*Now an Amazon Bestselling eBook*) Sera's usually a good girl. (Except for that one wild night in the backseat of a stranger's car!) But what happen...
74.1K 2.9K 37
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
20.1K 988 55
"I remember him like the way he looks at me on sleepless nights. He whispers to me in my dreams, but in reality, he's a jerk, a playboy." Meet the...