DOUBLE EDGED A Harper's Book...

By nikkihershell

King is struggling to find his place within the Harper Empire. Holding on to guilt over his parent's death ha... More

Who Am I?
Jet Lagged
Fake Stash
Rude Awakening
Wakey Wakey
Step Aside, the Queen is Back
Booked
Meet Frankie Knight
Swim Your Way Out Of This
String Of Hope
Pick Pocket Fox
Listen Up!!
Just When I Think I'm Okay
The Gist Of It
You Again
I'm Here To Win
According To Plan
Guess Who's Back
Tipped Off
Spilling The Beans
Seen Too Much
Claimed And Don't Even Realize It
Pushing The Boundaries
Rearranging
The Missing Piece
Pushed Away
The Hunt Just Got Real
Did It This Time
Making Changes
Running Into Wall's
Not Quick Enough
Eye's Wide Shut
So Many Backs, So Many Blades
Karma's Knocking
Queen Mother
Facing The Monster
Not Totally Convinced
Flames Of Despair
Heart, Body And Soul
Let The Healing Begin
Mermaid Hair, I Don't Care
Paper Trails
Giggly Powder
Poll Time
Friend Zone
The Big Reveal
Here Comes Trouble
Sink Or Swim
Black Sheep
Three To Tango
Being Bad Just Feels So Damn Good
Tid Bit (disregard. changes have been made)
Battle Of Love
Refusing The Heart
Razzle Dazzle
Surprise Guest
Yea, About That Mafia Life
The Past Comes Back To Bite
Well, I Didn't Expect That Reaction
Wildcard Up My Sleeve
Conversation Starter
Time To Go Back
Two Pink Lines
Changed
Poking The Bear
Small World
The Search
Making Of A Queen
She Means Business
Claiming What Is Mine
A Gift For You
The Queen Is On The Prowl
Risen
Put Some Stank On It
Witchery Trickery
Squander
Coming To Terms
And In They Came
Hear Me Roar
Unexpected Ally
What Doesn't Kill You...
Mess Of Messe
Silent Understanding
This Isn't A Game
Farming
Trouble Comes In Pairs
On The Way
Yea, This Didn't Go Over Well
Drive Me To Drink 1
Drive Me To Drinking 2
Drive Me To Drink 3
Drive Me To Drink 4
Drive Me To Drink 5
Violation
Pep Talk
My Queen Is Back
This Wasn't Supposed To Happen So Soon
Smoke Lines
Jumpers
Even The Shoes
Silence Is Deadly
She Caved
Technology Is Splendid
The Long Haul
It has begun!

Vivid

2.4K 233 71
By nikkihershell

"What are you showing me? What are you trying to say?" My unconscious mind screamed.

Gone were the sweet dreams of I and Aiden's previous wild lovemaking session. Now my dreams were filled with a smirking Seam O'Mally's face along with those women who abused me. My sleep induced mind replayed the video that Seam showed me over and over. When it finally became clear as to what the video pertained to, I jolted up from a dead sleep. My brows were covered with sweat and my body trembled. Aiden was asleep beside me but not for long. Violently, I begin to shake him awake. His eye's cracked open. "Jesus babe, what is it?"

"Get up Aiden. I remember and must get home". I insisted.

Still partly asleep, Aiden wrapped his arm around my waist and tried to pull me back down to him. "You're so weird babe, it's just a dream. Now lie back down and cuddle daddy".

Fueled by anger, I reached out and smacked his bare ass cheek rather harshly. It was now Aiden's turn to hold up. "What the hell Miz?"

" now that I have your attention listen to me. I remember Aiden, everything. My grandmother is alive. Seam... ". Instantly Aiden cut me off by placing his finger over my lips.

" never mention that name. Especially when in my bed". He said curtly.

"Oh cut the jealousy shit Aiden. This is important. The video he showed me had my grandmother alive but somewhere being held captive".

Aiden rubbed my arm. "Are you sure babe. I mean not to bring the bad up but you was drugged. You could have assumed you saw her or perhaps it was a fake to screw with your mind more".

I shook my head vigorously. "No, it wasn't. Believe me Aiden".

Aiden looked at me sympathetically. "You're right. I believe you. Tell me what you need to do now?"

" I've got to get home and inform my family".

Aiden nodded and stood up. "I'll have the jet prepared. Let's take a shower so I can wake up fully and we will be on our way".

" you're going? " I asked surprised.

"Of course. I'm not letting you deal with this alone babe".

I smiled as he bent to kiss me. As he went to make the arrangements I heard him grunt. "Ow, Holy mother of God."

Turning, I saw him hopping around on one foot. "I just tore my toe off on the bed railing".

Covering my mouth with my hand I stifled my laugh. "It's not funny. It fucking hurt". He whined as I continued on to the bathroom to start the shower.

Moment's later Aiden stepped into the warm water with me. "The jet will be ready within the hour".

Wrapping my arm's around him, I pulled him close. "Thank you babe".

He returned my appreciation with a smile, a smile I had grown so fond of. "How's that toe?" I asked trying to keep my amusement at bay.

" as if you care. I was in pain and all you did was laugh". He pouted.

"I can make it feel better" . I gasped

Aiden's eyebrows rose. "How so".

Giving a seductive smile, I squatted down and showed him just how I could make him forget his sore toe. Afterwards, as we were both drying off Aiden paused. "Miz, turn to the side".

" Why? " I asked confused.

"Just do it". Aiden commanded.

I turned to my side and watched as Aiden eyed my body. "What is it?" I asked losing patience .

"When is the last time you had your monthly?"

Shrugging, I replied. "I'm not sure. My meds throw it off all of the time. It's not like clock work. Why?"

" I noticed the other day but didn't say anything ". Aiden said as he turned my head toward the floor length mirror.

His hand stroked my abdomen and for the first time I noticed the gentle swell that was now there. "Aiden". I gasped. "Do you think?"

" have you had any other symptoms? "

"Not that I've noticed but some women don't have morning sickness and such".

Pulling me into his arm's he spoke. "Promise me that soon as you tell your family you'll see the doc".

" absolutely ". I promised.

My eye's begin to water as I recalled the loss of our first baby and the joy of possibly carrying another child. "Shhhh.... Don't do that babe". Aiden crooned as he lifted me to sit on the counter.

Standing between my legs, he wiped my tears away with his thumbs and held my face. "Nothing will happen this time. I'm here and will protect you and my baby with my life. You will have the happiest pregnancy, I promise. Now go get ready, you look like shit".

Through my sadness I laughed. Aiden always told me that but I now knew it was his own way of actually telling me how good I looked. Hopping from the counter we both busied ourselves with getting ready.

Hour's later I was entering my parent's home. It was around lunch time there and mom was in the kitchen slicing the ingredients for a salad. When she saw me she rushed around the counter and hugged me. "I didn't know you were coming home. It's good to see you".

" you too mom". I said.

"Baby girl". I heard my Pape's voice ring out.

" Pape". I squealed as I launched myself onto his arm's.

"Everything going good?" He asked but looked at Aiden as if to say it had better be.

" better than ever Pape. Except I need to talk to the family As soon as possible. I have some major information to share".

My parent's eyed me carefully. "Okay, I'll see if I can round everyone up baby girl".

While we waited for the other's to get here we filled each other in on our daily lives. It wasn't long before the entire family arrived and we all piled into the living room. As I stood in the center I heard my Pape growl. Approaching me, he lifted up my hand and bore down on my engagement ring. Stupid me forgot to remove it before arriving. "What is this?" He demanded.

" a ring Pape".

"Just what type of ring?" He boomed.

" oh this is going to be good. Here you go numb nut". Demarco said tossing my dad a pack of peanuts.

"Fucking shut it up Flower". My Pape warned my uncle as he laughed.

Taking a deep breath, I blurted it out. "Aiden asked me to marry him. I said yes".

" That's wonderful Mizery". My mom gushed.

"Wonderful my ass." Pape snarled. "No one asked my permission."

" she's grown numb nut. She doesn't need your permission ". Demarco egged him on.

" The fuck she don't fuck wad. Now stay out of this".

Demarco laughed out loud. "Me? Stay out of this? Not on my life".

Pape fisted some peanuts and begin to chomp away. "When was you going to let me know?"

" Soon Pape. It just happened ".

Ignoring my word's, he pointed at Aiden. "I'll kill you, you know that right. If you fuck up, if you do much as ever raise your voice to her I will deball you. You got that?"

Aiden nodded as Demarco laughed. "This is fanfuckingtastic."

" Dem, please stop encouraging Cole". Sam chastised him.

"Fuck no. I live only to see numb nut spaze out. Continue on Cole".

Aiden stepped by my side and spoke. "With all do respect, I love your daughter and vow to protect her." .

"Shut the shit up. I've given you my warning. Please just make me lose my shit".

Demarco snickered. "Yes, please make him lose his shit. This I've got to see".

" Demarco". We all roared in irritation.

"Fine, fine." Dem sulked.

Pape took a seat but the frustration never left his face. "Pape we will discuss this privately later but right now I have some vital information to share".

Once everyone settled back down I begin to talk. "My memory of those events have finally resurfaced just like my therapist said they would. This is hard to explain but Seam..."

A growl was heard from all the men at the mention of his name. "He showed me a video." I paused and my eye's teared As I looked at Dem.

This news would hurt him as well as my mom and grandfather, still I continued. "I have reason to believe that grandmother is alive".

Everyone sat up straighter. "How so?" Demarco inquired.

" She was on the video. Alive but being held captive ".

" it could be fake". Mom mumbled.

"No, it wasn't. I'm certain of it.

Demarco shook his head in anger. "Mizery, this family has been through enough. You can't just tell us something like this and get our hope's up just to be crushed again".

" she's right. It's true". My grandfather spoke up and came to stand beside me.

"What are you saying?" Dem asked horsely.

" I've known for certain the last few month's. That shot that was taken at me was her. I've seen her, chased her. She's here in the city and for some reason wants me dead".

"And why the Hell are you just now telling us?" Demarco roared.

" I needed to be certain so As not to hurt anyone. Besides, would you have believed me? "

Demarco stood up and adjusted his suit jacket. "You should have told me." As he spoke silent tears ran down his cheeks.

" I will find her and bring her home". He vowed.

"Son, you must be careful. Something isn't right. She tried to kill me. I don't know what's going on but don't let your guard down."

Demarco shook his head and spoke in a strangled voice. "She's my mommy. She wouldn't dare hurt me. I'm going to get her. Tell me all you know".

Demarco stormed out before he had a complete breakdown in front of us all. Mom sat quietly chewing her nails. Pape bent down to her level. "We will bring her home and piece this together. I promise baby doll".

Mom, nodded then stood going to get room to be alone. I looked at my grandfather whom wore the epitome of pain. Everyone was coming down on him for not revealing what he knew. Gripping his hand, I have it a squeeze. "We will fix this G-pop."

He kissed my cheek then congratulated me on my new engagement before leaving to be alone. Once again the family was hurting...... A hurt that seems to haunt us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 13.8K 70
She is sweet. He is cruel. She wants freedom. He wants her all to his self. ~*~ Roselyn has been a good little girl all her life. Never said the word...
3.6M 218K 56
Jenna Yousuf has everything all girls envy. A mansion, fancy cars, diamonds and jewels, closets filled with clothes, shoes and purses. A hot husband...
10K 215 44
When They Kennedy is accused of dating the billionaire for his money, she finds other means to take care of her sick mother. And that includes workin...
104 67 6
*UPDATES CANCELLED, NO LONGER CONTINUED* Violet would do anything for her family if it meant they were happy. Even kill, of course. And even be force...