Shut Up (Boy×Boy)

By Coconut_Rainbow

Guy looked at me with a serious expression on his face, "You know James, it seems to me like you might have a... More

Prologue - James
Chapter One - Guy
Chapter Two - James
Chapter Three - Guy
Chapter Four - James
Chapter Five - Guy
Chapter Seven - Guy
Chapter Eight - James
Chapter Nine - Guy
Chapter Ten - James
Chapter Eleven - Guy
Chapter Twelve - James
Chapter Thirteen - Guy
Chapter Fourteen - James
Chapter Fifteen - Guy
Chapter Sixteen - James
Chapter Seventeen - Guy
Chapter Eighteen - James
Chapter Nineteen - Guy
Chapter Twenty - James
Epilogue - Guy & James

Chapter Six - James

198 8 1
By Coconut_Rainbow

I walk into the French room yet again. This time however, I'm not here to meet Lola. I'm here to meet Chad. He practically demanded I come here after our conversation on the night I got my cast off. 

I tried explaining that Lola is my friend and I was looking out for her, but he didn't want to hear it. He said that he'd give me a 'talking to.' So here I am.

I'm hardly surprised that he isn't here yet. He's come late to every class we've ever had together. 

I take a seat and pull my Biology textbook out of my backpack. I'm working through the genetic variation questions when the door slams open. Chad is already trying to intimidate me. Great.

I check my watch and grin, "Only ten minutes late, a new record." I know I'll probably regret being a smart ass but I can't help myself. I'm using my valuable time to be here, I might as well have some fun.

Chad is visually annoyed by my remark, but doesn't bother to retort. Instead he gets down to bushiness, "What's the real reason you've been talking to Lola?" he grunts.

I roll my eyes, "I've told you, she's my friend. She has been since way before you started dating her."

"Well now that we are dating, I don't want you hanging around her."

"I haven't been. We messaged."

"So your denying meeting her in here?"

"No. I just don't count that as 'hanging around'" I say while making finger quotes.

"What were you doing then?"

"We were just talking. Catching up. As you do." 

"You won't be doing that anymore."

"What's your problem?"

Chad glares at me, "You."

"Why? Lola should be able to have friends. You don't own her."

"She's my girlfriend, not yours. Back off buddy."

I let out a laugh at the word 'buddy.' I've never heard anyone use it so aggressively.

Chad looks like he's about to burst a vein, "Something funny?"

I ignore his question, "Don't worry, 'buddy' I'm not trying to steal Lola from you."

"I can't trust you. Just stay away from her or there will be consequences."

I give up. There's no point in arguing with him.

"Okay. But don't expect her to be happy about any of this."

"I'm doing her a favour," Chad mutters.

And like that he leaves he room, slamming the door behind him.

I knew Chad was a jerk but I didn't think he was this bad. I shouldn't be surprised, it's not like he's never picked on me, or anyone else, in the past.

I was sitting in the hallway, reading a book. I was minding my own business but Chad decided  he wanted someone to pick on, and unfortunately I happened to be the perfect target.

"Well look who it is, the teachers pet," said Chad, with a sinister grin plastered across his face.

I ignored his remark but he wasn't going to give up so soon.

"What are you reading?" he asked.

I ignored him again so he snatched the book out of my hands.

"Of course. I should have known," he snickered whilst looking at my health book, "You don't have a life outside of school."

I was beginning to become frustrated.

I was considering saying something when I heard a voice say, "Didn't your parents teach you any manners?"

It was Guy. He always stood up for me.

Chad turned around to look Guy in the eyes, "No, they didn't. Did yours?  Oh wait, you don't have parents."

Guys immediately became furious, "Take that back."

"Why should I?"

For a moment I thought Guy was about to punch him but they were interrupted, "What's going on here boys?"

It was Mr Smith.

"Nothing, sir," said Guy.

He looked over at me, "Let's go. James."

As we walked away I took the opportunity to take another glance at Chad. He still had that ridiculous smug look on his face. I yearned to wipe it off of him.

Looking at it now I can see that Chad has always been this way. I guess I was just hoping that he wouldn't be so manipulative to Lola. I know that I have to do something to help her. I just need to figure out what.

-----------------------------------

I arrive at the picnic tables and take my seat next to Guy.

"Where were you?" he asks.

"Uh..." I quickly think of an excuse, "I was returning a book at the library."

"For fifteen minutes?"

"I was getting more out too."

"Show us then."

He's onto me.

After a moment I think of another lie, "Did I say I was getting more? I meant I was looking for more. But I didn't find any."

Guy just laughs, "James, you don't have to tell me where you were. I'm not some overprotective boyfriend."

My heart skips a beat. Overprotective boyfriend? Does he know I was talking to Chad? No that's crazy, he can't know. Did he mean anything by what he said?

I snap out of my thoughts for a moment and notice the shock on Guy's face. It's almost as if he didn't mean to say that out loud, and is unsure why he did.

I manage to find myself staring into his piercing brown eyes. I can't help wishing I could kiss him.

Suddenly I'm snapped back to reality by Tessa, "Maybe not but you're still overprotective none the less."

"What's that supposed to mean?" asks Guy, tearing his gaze away from me to look at Tessa.

She giggles, "Remember that time when you called all of us because you thought you lost James but it turned out he'd just walked outside?"

Guy blushes, "Okay, you do have a point. But I wouldn't call it overprotective. Just... protective."

Tessa continues to giggle, "Sure. So anyway, hows the songs going, Shawn Mendes?"

"Alright, I can't help but feel I might be behind though."

"How many do you have?"

"Four."

"That's quite reasonable considering the amount of time that you've had."

"Yeah, I'm just worried I'll run out of ideas near the end of it."

"Oh don't worry, I think you'll be inspired for a long while," says Amelia, winking at Guy.

Great. Whatever this inside thing that isn't a joke is, she's in on it too. I really need to get to the bottom of it.

-----------------------------------

I walk into my house and dump my backpack near the door. Usually I would take it to my room with me, but I decided to stay in the dining area and have afternoon tea with my parents. I knew they would both be home early today, and I haven't spent much time with them lately.

When I walk into the dining room however, I'm shocked by what I see. The dining room and the lounge are connected so I can see the couch from here. It's not set up for my dad to sleep on anymore but it does have a suitcase on it. A suitcase that my dad is in the middle of zipping up.

"What's going on here?" I ask.

I think I already know what's going on, but I don't want to believe it. I'm desperate for my parents to say that it's all a misunderstanding. That it's not what it looks like. That I have noting to worry about. But somehow I don't see that happening.

"James," is all my dad says.

"You're leaving?" I ask, trying to blink back the tears welling up in my eyes.

"I-I can explain," he stutters.

"Go on," I say, my anger and sadness both clear in the tone of my voice.

"Your mother and I have been having some issues for a while now."

"So your going to go somewhere else until it's sorted and then coming back?"

My dad would never usually do this. Any time he and my mum had any issues in the past they'd both sort it out reasonably quickly. No sleeping on the couch. No leaving the house. Just a restorative discussion. I don't see why this is any different. It can't be that bad or they would have told be, wouldn't they?

"James, sweetheart," says mum, walking into the room.

"Yes?"

"Your father and I are getting a divorce."

I'm both shocked and confused, it feels like my world is falling apart.

"You didn't think to tell me any of this?"

"We figured we'd sort it out. But it's been a long time since then. We kept promising ourselves to tell you but we didn't know how."

"So what? You were going to just wait until dad had gone and then break the news?"

"I... I don't know."

Suddenly I can't take this anymore, "If dad is leaving then so am I."

I walk towards the front door and pick up my bag, my mum follows me.

"James," she begs, "Please don't do this."

"It'll only be a couple of nights. I'll be at Guys house. I just need to get away from here."

And with that I exit the house. Once I'm outside I allow the tears to roll down my cheeks. I can't believe my parents wouldn't have told me about any of this. Suddenly I get the urge to run. To run away from my thoughts. So I do. I sprint as fast as I can, legs aching, tears spilling down my cheeks, not knowing what will happen next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

866K 29.1K 66
"Listen here." He said threateningly as he held my chin harshly, making me look directly into his glaring eyes. "I warn you... If you ever talk about...
3.9K 189 43
I wish to edit this story and make few changes but I am wrapped up in others. This is my first attempt at writing so... hope you like. Edits may happ...
90.4K 4.4K 182
Samuel always has been fortunate enough to enjoy a seamless and comfortable life. He had it all. Good grades, aspirations to become a doctor like his...
8.4K 274 18
A closeted young man from a Caribbean country moves to America and ends up in the same college as his online crush yet unable to come to terms with h...