The New Me

By kiddoforeverrrr

Melissa and Liam, the two names that brought back memories. Never in the world, would I have ever thought tha... More

Introduction
CAST
Chapter 1: Liam Birthday Party
Chapter 2: Leaving here for good
Chapter 3: My New Beginning
Chapter 4: The Names
Chapter 5: The Guest
Chapter 6: Perfection
Chapter 7: Them
Chapter 8: Tour
Chapter 9: The Party I
Chapter 10: The Party II
Chapter 12: My Worst Nightmare
CHAPTER 13: Hospital
Chapter 14: The Match
Chapter 15: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 16: That Boy
Chapter 17: You Wanna Talk, Then Talk
Chapter 18: Dinner
Chapter 19: The Shopping & The Date
Chapter 20: The Graduation Party
Two New Story
New Mafia Book

Chapter 11: The Party III

6.1K 144 9
By kiddoforeverrrr

Taylor's POV

I see Liam leaning against the wall facing the bathroom that I was in, with his hands in his pockets while staring down at his feet looking like he was thinking about something without noticing my presence.

That was when I took my time to eye him closely on the clothing he had decided to wear today for the dinner & gala.  He wore a black suit which made him look fit, with a sharp look. It seemed like he had help while choosing the suit.

I feel nervous as if there were butterflies in my stomach when I felt myself becoming the old me who was in love with the guy in front of me. I realize that I was staring at him for quite some time that he, himself was still looking down, still unaware of my presence.

I decide to use this chance to move away without him knowing I was actually here. I walk away from him till I heard heavy footsteps behind me with him pulling at my wrists preventing me from walking further away. He uses this chance to step in front of me and ask, "Can we talk Taylor?"

I push my hand against him, moving his hand away from me. I look straight at him with a blank and emotionless look and say, "What do you want from me?  If you want to talk anything about school, you could just ask Grace since she is your appointed leader. If that is not the case, well, you need to find me some other time because I have a dinner & gala to attend."

He frowns and I raise my eyebrow waiting for him to tell me what was so important. He pulls me close by wrapping his hand at my wrists once again till we are only a few inches apart from each other. I could literally hear him breathing and I could also feel my heart beat, ringing loudly in my ears.

I look away from him knowing that I am blushing slightly. From the corner of my eyes, I see him scratching his head and he says, "I just wanted to ask how you have been for the past few years."

I laugh loudly at his question as I feel a tear rolling down my cheeks and wipe it away and compose myself. I point my finger at myself and say, "Me? I have never felt better before in my life. Since the day I left you and the rest in my past. So, to answer your stupid question, yes, I am great. Are you satisfied? Now can I go? You are wasting my precious time."

Just as I said those words, his face changes from anticipation to sorrow. His mouth was initially curved up with a smile but then in an instant, his smile slips and his eyelids droop.

He looks down at his hand avoiding eye contact while I was still looking at him with a blank expression waiting for him to say something. I could literally feel the tension in the air and decide to make a move. But I stop in my tracks when he says those words that bring back memories from that awful day.

"I saw the letter that you put in my birthday bag."

Suddenly, I was taken back to his birthday; that one day when I finally got enough courage to confess my feelings for him.

I was sitting on my chair wondering what to write on the card. I've been staring for quite some time but still have no idea what to write. I started out by writing happy birthday to him and I stopped when I didn't know how to continue.

I wanted to confess to him on this card because I had been hiding my feelings in my heart for a long time and I just wanted to give it a try; hopefully we could be together.

Someone knocked on my door and said, "It's me, Nora. Sis, can I come in?"

"Yeah sure." I said, looking at the door.

My sister opened the door with cookies in her hand. "Hope these cookies help you in whatever you need."

I sighed loudly. "I don't think so."

She looked at me with concern and asked, "Do you need help? Tell me, I'll try my best to help you."

I looked at her. "It's just erm... how do I tell you? I just wanted to confess my love to Liam, but I don't know how to write it."

Nora's face broke into a big smile and she hugged me tightly. "Finally, my sister plucked up the courage to confess her love."

I was struggling to breathe in her arms and said, "Can't... bre...athe... too... tight...."

My sister pulled away and said, "Sorry. I'm just happy for you. Anyway, back to the topic, just write what your heart feels for him. Express what your heart feels when you look at him or think about him."

I nodded my head, trying to get an idea of what to write when suddenly I knew exactly what to say. I looked at my sister. "Thank you so much, Nora. I know what to write now. You can just leave the cookies here and get back down to help mom while I write my letter."

With that, I turned back and focused on what to write leaving her standing there, amazed by how fast I was thinking and writing.

After quite some time, I folded the piece of paper; I was proud of myself as I had managed to write all my feelings for him in that piece of letter and I couldn't wait to surprise him with it.

I snap myself before I could think about it any longer; I don't want to think about what had happened at his party, so I look at him and say, "The letter doesn't mean anything to me anymore. It was just a foolish gesture."

Before he could open his mouth and answer me back, someone interrupts us, "Tay, are you okay? You have been gone for at least half an hour."

I look back and see Zach looking worried. "I'm fine."

He looks in between Liam and I and asks, "What is that jerk doing here?"

I walk towards Zach and pull on his arm. "Let's go. Our friends will be looking for us."

I hold Zach's hand and pull him while walking without waiting for an answer from him; I surely know he will question me later what Liam was doing outside the bathroom. I continue to look in front without looking back at Liam because it's the last thing I want to do even though I feel my heart aching inside for him.

When we reach back to the party, I pull my hand away from Zach and Zach asks, "What the hell was he doing there with you?"

I laugh at the way he was looking at me and say, "Chill, Alpha boy. He just asked me how I have been for the past few years."

He sighs. "Sorry about that. I was scared that he was going to do something to you. But are you sure he only asked you that?"

I think for a moment, wondering if I should tell him more but decide not to since I do not want to answer more. I smile and say, "That's all he asked me."

He raises his eyebrow trying to see through me but I control my expressions and say, "It's true. So, stop looking at me like that; as if I am a possession that you want."

Luckily, Ava came over and says, "Tay! Where have you been? You just missed out on the speech that the Principal gave. Can you believe it; he just crowned me as the party queen of our school!"

I look at her with shock. "Did anyone videotape it? Because I definitely want to see how it happened."

Zach says, "I videotaped the whole scenario. I will send it to you later."

I nod my head in response and Ava pulls me to the dance floor and shouts in my ear.  "Let's have fun tonight!"

It turns out to be one of the best times I've ever had because I was so wasted dancing with all my friends not worrying about how I look. Zach has been acting weird ever since he saw me with Liam. I try to ask him what his problem was, but he just brushed it off and talked to the boys.

I decide to ignore him the whole night because he was just bothering me because he didn't seem to want to tell me what's going on in his mind. It's already past 10pm and I realise it's time to go back home. I look across the hall to see Liam staring at me and Melissa giving me death glares when she realizes Liam was not giving her any attention.

I ignore the looks from both of them and say to the girls, "Let's go back. It's already past 10pm and we have school tomorrow."

We say goodbye to the boys and luckily the limo was waiting outside for us. I definitely am going to give him a tip later for his good service.

By the time we reach my home it's already 11pm and all the girls take showers in the guest bedrooms. I'm so tired that I quickly take a shower and the last thing on my mind is about all the things that happened tonight. I slowly drift off to sleep, hopefully having sweet dreams.

Song 🎶: London Boy By Taylor Swift

What is Liam trying to say to Taylor?

What happened next?

Stay tune for it and pls click on the star 🌟 below to vote for this chapter ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 692 26
Hazel Aven is the definition of a proper witch. She teaches magical lessons to her students at Windywings. She's High Priestess of the local coven, T...
195K 4.2K 12
*Previously known as 'My Alpha Mates'* She was soft delicate female wolf who has always been ignored by her family. When she turned 18 she finally fi...
510K 2K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
10.1M 262K 76
In which a quiet girl trying to get through her last year of high school by avoiding all conflict in her school and sitting in the back. She didn't e...