F.I.G.H.T. (Completed)

Galing kay GenHope

More detailed description in story. Abella Mobisson has been around boxing most of her life. Her father was a... Higit pa

F.I.G.H.T.
Cast
00 | Overture
01 | Fight For Life
02 | Chatty Patty
03 | Hellos & Goodbyes
04 | Can I Talk To You?
05 | Free Smoke
06 | Can You Hear Me?
07 | Put You On
08 | Wins & Losses
09 | My Friend
10 | Kiss Of Life
11 | Connection
12 | No Wahala
13 | Pull Up
14 | The Morning After
15 | Red Flags
16 | Met My Match
17 | Misunderstood
18 | Infatuated
19 | Potential
20.1 | Special
20.2 | Struck
21 | My Equal
22 | The Blues
23 | The Test
24 | That's How You Feel?
25 | The Problem
26 | Strike 3
27 | Obvious / Over It
28 | Triggered
29 | Searching
30 | Too Deep
31 | Fear
32 | The Power of Love
33 | Mine
34 | Claiming
35.2 | Home
36 | Love Ain't Enough
37 | Try Me
38 | Us vs. The World
39 | Flyin' High
40 | Losing, Lost
41.1 | The Crisis
41.2 | The Running
41.3 | The Chasing
42 | The Surrender
43 | The Rejoining
44 | Push Me
45 | Draw The Line
46 | Changes
47 | No Pain, No Gain
48 | Old Habits
49 | Prisoner
50 | Kryptonite
51 | F*cked Up
52 | Sabotage
53.1 | Crash
53.2 | Wait
54 | Break
55 | Return
56 | Win or Lose Yo Love
57 | Still Here
58 | Question
59 | Answers
60 | Heartbeat
Epilogue | Denoument

35.1 | My Home

24.7K 1.3K 1.8K
Galing kay GenHope

Round 3

August 17th, 2019

It's after 8p.m. and Abella has arrived in Lagos, Nigeria along with Anthony, his family, and some of his friends he invited. After getting their luggage they walk through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport.

It's complete madness with both Anthony Joshua and Béla arriving at the same time, but she already knew this would happen. She comes to Nigeria all the time so she's used to it whereas Anthony hasn't been to his ancestral home in many years.

Seeing as she's used to it she talks on the phone with her mother who's checking to make sure she landed while double tasking to wave at people who speak to her. Abella's family landed in Nigeria a couple days ago, but had already left Lagos to prepare for Odera's wedding that's later this week.

Anthony couldn't believe so many people were here waiting on his arrival. He used to arriving and the only people waiting are his mother and cousin. It's a surreal feeling to receive this much love. Even though he wears a big smile greeting anybody who says hello to him, tapping fists and dapping people who stick their hands out, or stopping to take selfies he's a bit overwhelmed and even emotional.

"It's so many people," he says in shock.

"I told you."

When they walk out of the airport it's dark outside and lightly drizzling. A crowd of people wait outside for their own family members to exit the airport, but are met with the surprise of Anthony and Abella. Before they know it they're being stopped to take countless pictures.

"This way," Abella points in the direction they need to go. After walking the distance to the pick-up area seeing as one of the presidents sold the parking lots for the airport, they get into the awaiting cars here for them.

Abella looks out of the window at a car that's blocking their way from leaving. "Oya! Comot from my front!" The driver yells honking his horn at the other car. All she does is smile because she knows she's in Nigeria when she sees people thinking they own the road. This car could care less they're in a line with others who have a police escort or that they're being told to move. He rolls his window down yelling, "Do you know who I have in this car? Comot for road!"

"So?! Why should I care? Why should I move?!" The person yells back arguing that he's not moving until the person he's here to pickup comes.

Abella decides to roll her window down as well smiling at the man. As soon as he sees Abella and Anthony who sits next to her, he looks a bit stuck. "Hello. Please, can you move up a bit so we can leave?" She asks politely.

"Sorry, sorry," he says moving his car forward when he could've done that in the first place.

While rolling her window up she shakes her head. "Useless goat!" The driver gripes while sucking his teeth. Within seconds the car is taking off behind the police escort along with the other cars in their convoy.

"Welcome to Nigeria. Welcome back home," Abella says looking at Anthony with a smile before laughing.

"Wow," he says looking out of the window sort of in disbelief.

"Are you excited?" She asks bouncing up and down in her seat. She slides from her side of the backseat to his wrapping her arms around him tightly kissing all over his cheeks making him laugh.

"I don't remember them driving like this.." Abella looks at the road seeing how fast they're driving for it to be raining with wet roads. For the most part Nigerians make up their own rules to the road including speed limits. You wanna drive on the opposite side of the road? Go ahead. You want to make your own lane? Do it.

"You'll get used to it. A week in Nigeria's nothing. You'll survive," she says waving her hand off before smiling at him.

Even though she's tired after the flight, she has an interview that she needs to go to. While Anthony and his family go to the house they're staying at, Abella goes to a local Lagos radio station. She has to pack in as much as she can into her schedule while she's here.

When she gets there she sits at a table with the two radio hosts seeing the 'on air' sign come on. He does the usual radio talk after coming back from a break before saying, "Right now we have singer, Béla, in the studio." A couple people in the room clap making her smile. "How you dey?" The male host asks in Pidgin English.

"I dey fine," she responds cheerfully. Even though she slept during the 7 hour flight from London, she has to turn up her energy to get through this.

"Just last night you were performing in London to a sold out show of 70,000 people and now you're in Nigeria. How do you do it? Hardest working woman."

"It doesn't stop."

"Your album, Lotanna, was reigning as the number one African album for six months until Burna Boy recently put out his album, African Giant. How did that feel?"

"Amazing and it got knocked off by an even more amazing album. Shout out to Burna Boy."

"Yes, you've worked with Burna Boy. What other Nigerian artists do you want to work with that you haven't?"

"So many. Definitely Rema, who's killing it. Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, Joeboy, Kizz Daniel, Mayorkun, Niniola, Phyno, Simi, Adekunle Gold, Odunsi, Santi, Melvitto, and Brymo. I'm sure there's more."

"There's a lot of talent in Nigeria including yourself. After the release of Lotanna a lot of people almost compared you to a female Fela Kuti.."

She raises her eyebrows. "You want to get me attacked on Twitter. That did not come out of my mouth. But that's because I specifically tailored this album and sound to be that way. It was influenced by Fela and other African greats in music."

"You don't think there's any comparisons? You play instruments, you write your own music, you compose it, the lyric content. Then outside the music you speak about issues in Africa as well as for Black people across the world. Maybe that part comes from your father who was an activist himself, but there's similarities."

"Although, I speak on certain issues and I get involved, I wouldn't say I'm an activist though."

"Really?"

"That's what my father and Fela were. Being an activist means doing the work. I'm trying to get to a place where I can do that, but first I have to establish myself. My father risked his career for his activism. We know Fela was arrested many times. We know about Kalakuta and Fela being assaulted by soldiers.. For me to then compare myself to them is –there's no comparison."

"Fair points. Listen, I don't think any current artists should compare themselves to him, but I wanted to hear your opinion. I always wondered if your stage name was inspired by Fela. Is it?"

"Actually, a man at my label came up with my stage name. He got it from the famous pianist and composer, Béla Bartók, because I play the piano and write my own music. They didn't want to use my real name because there's a pornstar named Abella Danger and they didn't want anybody getting us mixed up."

"Ahhh," one of them says as a couple people laugh.

"Yes, so he came up with something similar to my name. But it is pronounced the same as Fela, but with a B."

"You know I have to go there. I ask you this every time you come... Are you dating?" The female host asks. They always ease into getting in your business.

"That's a good question, hmmmm... Am I?" She asks to play dumb. She knows what the girl's trying to get her to say.

"I think that's an obvious question. She's only trying to play the nice guy and not start drilling you with the hard stuff, but I will. Just last night you were seen kissing Anthony Joshua on stage at your concert. What is that about? Give us the real scoop. I think we should be the first to have the relationship between you and Anthony Joshua confirmed. Are you two dating?"

"Look at the way she's smiling when his name comes up. This love na strong thing. Na wa oo! Na una dey give us hope. Naija Beyoncé and Jay-Z," the female host says clapping her hands.

"Ah ah! Let her answer the question first. She hasn't even answered yet!" Abella's eyes shift causing him to say, "Don't look around for anybody to save you. Tell us the truth now."

Abella drums her hands on the table. "If I keep denying it, I'm going to get cussed out." She slaps the table with her hand before answering, "I think it was made obvious last night, but yes." When the whole room erupts in forms of approval she laughs.

"You dey burst my brain. You were supposed to marry me sha." He says sucking his teeth. "How can I compete with a man like that?" He jokes.

"But are you guys dating casually or is it a serious matter?"

"I think it's a day by day thing. We learn each other everyday. No stress, no pressure. That's all I'll say." They don't need to know everything.

"Answer without answering, abi? You've met his family, so I'll say it's serious. They'll say it's nothing big big, but be planning the wedding for this December."

"If you're just now tuning in we have Béla in the station. She confirmed she's dating boxer, Anthony Joshua. To all the girls who are heartbroken their man crush Monday got snatched, it is okay."

"I was going to ask about that. A lottt of women find Anthony attractive. A lot of Nigerian female celebrities have sang his praises publicly. Is that hard to deal with? Other women wanting him, especially when they're so vocal."

"No, no. Look, I understand. I was one of those women, trust me," Abella says laughing. "Obviously if I find him attractive I'm not now going to expect every woman to think he's worwor. They can be vocal. Do you see them getting a response?"

The female host clutches her chest as Abella playfully winks at her. "They better leave him alone. Do you ever get crazy fans threatening you?"

"Yeahh, all the time. I think it's funny. I'm sure I'll get some threats after this interview."

"I think the Naija women shouldn't be mad you took their man. We should be happy you're a beautiful Nigerian woman who has all this chocolate melanin. Hey, it's a win for everybody."

Abella chuckles pointing her finger at the female host. "I noticed you said we. Are you on that list of women that wants him? Next women will be lining up wanting to be his second and third wife. Eh ehn," she jokes.

She laughs playing confused. "Did I say we? Where did you guys go on your first date? I know it was nice. He's rich oooo."

"I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was in New York City."

"He flew to New York to go on a date with you? Hey, plenty plenty money!"

Abella holds her hand up. "No, we were both in New York at the same time."

"We need more details. What did you do? Would you consider it a good first date?"

"I can't tell you everything, but it was really nice. I liked it. We had a great first date," she says with a smile. Regardless of what she posts on social media or people see in the public, there's certain things she holds sacred. She's always been a bit more private and that's not going to change.

The kiss last night was a way to settle the rumors and that's probably all she'll give. They got that and a music video with him in it, what more do they need? A private life is a happy life.

Once the interview's over Abella can finally get to a shower and bed. After showering she walks into the bedroom where Anthony's already laying down. "I'm surprised you're not asleep already," she says walking towards the bed. Anthony rolls over to make room for her and when she lays down he rolls right back over placing his head on her stomach.

"I was waiting for you." She chuckles at his eyes closing as he looks completely comfortable and content.

"Do you wanna be the big spoon or little spoon tonight?" Abella asks like its ever been an option.

"I don't think I can really be a small spoon. What're you going to do? Hold onto my leg?"

"We can try," she says beginning to shift in the bed.

"I'm not being the small spoon."

She smacks her lips. "Don't act like you're not a snugglers. Look at you."

He shortly laughs before asking, "How was the interview?"

"It was fun. Of course they asked about you."

When he looks up seeing her playfully roll her eyes he asks, "What's that for? You know you like talkin' about me."

"Yeah, with people I know. My friends. I don't know. I just never wanted my career to be focused on men and it has been lately. I want them to focus on my music and not the guys I'm dating or used to date. It's no offense to you."

"Tell them not to ask about me then."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I would do the same thing. I keep my career and personal life separate. If normal everyday people can do it, why don't we have the right? Plus, I got what I wanted. Everybody knows about me. I got sick of these rappers mentioning you," he says making her laugh.

"What rappers have been mentioning me?" He gives her the you know look and she nods her head. "I gotta couple bars and tweets about me. Okay."

"Your Mum and Odera made it, right?"

"Yeah. My Mom, Odera, his fiancée, my nephew, few other family members, they got here on Thursday. They're in my Dad's home village at our house that we have there."

"When do you leave Lagos?"

"On Tuesday. I'll be leaving at like 6a.m. You'll probably still be asleep when I leave."

"Really? That early?"

"Yeah, the village is like 8 hours away from here. Plus, Nigeria's roads are madness along with the police and military checkpoints doing extortion." She sucks her teeth. "This government, I don't know what they're doing. No money to fix the roads, but they want to harass us every other minute. They need to be up North dealing with Boko Haram not bothering us travelers trying to go East," she rants.

"I was thinking... Can I come with you?"

Her eyebrows bounce up in surprise. "To the village?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure? It's not like the city. NEPA turns the power off whenever. I'm talking for hours which means no AC or hot water. We have rechargeable fans now, but it's still a hassle not having lights. You don't take me as a bush boy."

"It's not the bush if you have a big ass house," he says making her laugh. "You have toilets indoors and a generator, right?" She nods her head. "Then that's not a bush. But yeah, I wanna go. I want to see where your Dad's from."

On the inside she's smiling he said that, but she outwardly shrugs. "Then okay. You can come. I don't know who in there right mind would leave a nice mansion in Lagos and going on fun family outings for a small village. Me and your sister planned so many nice events for your family. Horseback riding on Victoria Island, the Lekki Conservation Centre.."

"Didn't you say the the house your Dad built is three floors? That doesn't sound too bad to me."

"It's still in the village," she chuckles. "If you want to come you're welcome to come," she says kissing his cheek before grabbing the remote. "Ooh, I'm gonna see if a Nollywood is on," she says turning the tv on.

"You're not tired?" He asks looking at her like she has two heads.

"No, I slept good on the plane."

"I wish I could've," He says with a straight face. The entire flight KD kept tapping him to talk to him.

Abella loves seeing close male friendships. It's cute. You can tell they genuinely care about Anthony. They're always with him and willing to help. That's something Abella's looking for, but it feels like she has to start over. But you can't dwell on it..

Yeah, she has Errol but he can't travel everywhere with her. Same goes for Megan who's either touring herself or in L.A. It's like you get to a certain age and you have to create a new friend group. And those people are usually connected to who you're dating or who you work with. Life, I guess.

Abella ended up eating her words. She found a movie, but was asleep within five minutes before Anthony. He shakes his head grabbing the remote to turn the tv off.

The Next Morning...

After getting dressed, Abella walks out of the room putting her purse on her shoulder. Her feet in her Fendi two strap sandals drag against the floor because the tiredness from tour is finally hitting her.

Wearing a brick red midi dress with a matching cardigan duster and silver hoops, she walks down the hallway. She replies to a text message and when she looks up she sees Janet.

"Come and see model," Abella says cheerfully looking at Janet's outfit..

Janet gives off a nonchalant hand wave before saying, "You know I try. A little designer mixed with the wax prints."

"A fashion statement, honey," she says dramatically snapping before sitting down next to Janet and hugging her. "Is anybody else ready?"

"No, you know people are never on time." Abella looks at her watch because she knows that too well. They're supposed to be going to someone's house that Anthony knows.

Janet looks at the silver chain around Abella's neck with the familiar shield pendent and Anthony's initials slightly smiling. Since she saw her and Anthony around each other back in New York, she saw chemistry between them and thought they should date.

She knows her brother genuinely likes her because she's the first woman he's dated that he's brought around his family...Well, that they liked. She doesn't think Natalie counts because she was only around because a child was involved.

Outside of Anthony, Janet has built her own friendship with Abella. They got along nicely because Abella's so easy to be around. The two women could easily get close if she sticks around in Anthony's life.

"You're not going to be here when we go to the Lekki Conservation Centre. No," Janet says with sadness.

"I know," Abella says with a sigh leaning her head against the wall. "I was looking forward to seeing the monkeys," she adds with a chuckle.

"I'll take a picture of one for you."

"Speaking of Lekki, after this we're going to go to my Aunt's house in Lekki to visit her quickly then we're going to a book store and art gallery. Do you want to come? It'll be me, your brother, KD, Ben, and Lateef. I don't want to be the only girl," she chuckles.

"I wouldn't either. They're idiots together," Janet laughs. "I'll come," right as she says that Janet's daughter, Angel, is coming up saying good morning before squeezing in to sit in between them.

Once the cars get here they leave going to someone's house for a gathering to welcome them.

While walking into the house an older man she introduced herself to asks Abella, "What's your Nigerian name?"

Shaking his extended hand she answers, "Lotanna. It's a boy name, but I'm not ashamed. Clearly my father wanted another boy."

He laughs saying, "I had five girls and one boy. I know about that. Welcome." She nods her head walking into the living room that's packed with almost twenty people sitting down.

When everyone's seated or stands because there's not enough seats, an elder greets everyone and welcomes them. "We want to especially thank God for bringing our son, Femi, back to Nigeria after all these years. Thank you for bringing him home safely. This is homeland. This is where his ancestors walked the earth."

The man presents a Kola nut to the group before starting a prayer. In the prayer the forefathers are beckoned to guide and protect them while bringing people together.

Kola nut is a very important aspect of Nigerian culture and holds great social significance. It's the one thing that all tribes across Nigeria have in common. The Kola nut is a sign of respect, hospitality, and friendship. It's offered by hosts to make guests feel welcome at social events. If it's not presented, you're not welcome.

It's a privilege, an honor, and a sign of respect.

The man prays over the Kola nut by praying to their ancestors for life, health, and protection against their enemies. He also prays for a safe trip for those that're visiting. As he goes on he makes certain things specific for certain people..

"We pray that anybody in this room who's unmarried will find their husband or wife in the next 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years. In how many years will Femi be married?" He asks Anthony's mother.

"Two," she answers.

"And in how many years will Lotanna be married?" That's why he asked her what her Nigerian name is.

"Two." With his eyes still closed Anthony's eyebrows furrow.

"Both two?" The man asks for confirmation only for Yeta to give a solid and firm yes.

Abella and Anthony both open one eye at the same time. They slightly glance at each other holding in laughs trying not to interrupt the prayer. They know Anthony's mother told the man something and that's why he added that.

Anthony knew he couldn't hide the fact he's in a relationship with Abella for long. Yeta's in too many WhatsApp and Facebook groups of gossiping aunties to not find out, especially with the video of them kissing on stage circulating. Plus, Abella's going to be around and it'll be obvious. His interactions with Abella aren't like a normal female friend.

"In two years time we pray that Femi and Lotanna are both in happy and healthy marriages."

"Amen! By the grace of God," they hear Anthony's mother say as other people echo it. Abella opens her eyes looking at Anthony whose eyes are already open. They both look at each other silently laughing wondering what just happened. His mother clearly wants to make sure a Union comes out of this if she wants it put into prayer.

The man continues with the prayer for another good fifteen minutes before finishing up. "Amen!" Everyone says in unison. Anthony shakes his head as Abella chuckles out loud this time.

After the Kola nut is broken with a knife it's shared to the men first signifying things can begin. Following that glasses of Palm Wine are passed around because it's usually used to wash down the Kola nut.

When fermented, Palm Wine is an alcoholic beverage created from the sap of palm trees. Palm Wine is drunk in social and traditional gatherings. Abella grew up seeing it often because she had Palm Wine tappers in her family.

At first a woman extends a glass to Abella, but then she pulls it back right as she's about to grab it. "You should not drink this Palm Wine."

"Why not?"

"It's alcoholic, now. It will not suit you well." Abella furrows her eyebrows at the woman. So, what's the problem? She thinks to herself.

When Palm wine has been fermented longer it makes it stronger in taste to make it a more sour and acidic. Abella personally doesn't prefer it this way. She prefers it sweet. It's a very potent and strongly intoxicating drink. Not even a whole glass will have you seeing everything blurry, especially if you don't drink it often.

"I know it's alcoholic. I've been drinking Palm Wine since a small child. Is this batch strong? If it's strong it will have me seeing double, triple," she says making some people laugh. "How long has it been fermented?"

"Trust me oh. Don't drink this time. It's okay. You will leave it," she says giving no further explanation while moving along to give someone else the glass.

Abella looks at Anthony as they both have the same confused look. She shrugs it off because she doesn't want to drink this early in the day anyway. When Anthony extends his glass to her to take a sip she turns it down. She'll listen to this woman for some reason.

The woman knows something they don't...

When most people have a glass the same man who said the prayer says, "We have traditions and culture. As time goes on we modernize, but there are certain things we will never lose. It's what makes us us. Nigerians are strong people no matter the tribe."

After a couple of hours they leave the gathering going to a bookstore. Abella walks around the store looking through the books on the shelves already holding a couple she wants to purchase.

When her phone rings and she sees it's Tamara, she answers. "Hey, Tam. You land back home in New York safely?"

"Yeah, but that's not why I'm calling." Hearing that she seems serious Abella gives the books she wants to the cashier to hold then steps outside into the hot Nigerian sun.

"What's going on?"

"Have you been on the internet today? Twitter? Instagram? Anything?"

"Not really. I'm in Nigeria, remember? Why?"

"I sent you a screenshot. Look at it." While going to her messages she wonders, what is it now?  She looks at the picture before groaning. "I'll talk to him," is all Abella says to Tamara before hanging up.

She walks back into the store looking at Anthony...

"Anthony, what's this?" She asks holding her phone towards him, so he can see the screenshot Tamara sent.

He looks at the screen before cracking into laughter. "I forgot about that."

"You're laughing? Why are you threatening Toran? Come on now." Toran posted a screenshot to his Twitter of him and Anthony going back and forth in his DM's.

"Don't act surprised like I didn't tell you I would handle it. Now I usually don't do the Internet thing, but I didn't want him to be surprised when I approach him in person. Why is he just now posting it? We had that conversation last month. A week after you told me what he did."

"He probably wants to take the attention off his brother's sentencing coming up in a few days. Everybody's reposting this." Anthony shrugs with clear body language that he doesn't care.

"What do you want me to do? I already sent it. I ain't apologizing."

"I'm not asking you to." She rubs her forehead before sighing, "You're stressing me out."

"I'm stressing you out?"

"Yes! Here I am hoping the beef between my people and theirs is over and you're starting a whole new one. I separated from that person for a reason," she says referring to Jermell. "I told you to leave it alone. It wasn't a big deal," she says lowly to make sure no one in the store can hear them.

"A guy busting into your hotel room and putting his hands on you isn't a big deal? Let me know what a big deal is to you then?"

Abella looks away mumbling, "I can handle it myself. I had it handled!"

Anthony turns up his lips to show he's unconvinced. "How?"

"By keeping my mouth shut. Look, this is different. I know y'all have your own violence in the U.K., but these are Atlanta dudes from a gang. That means guns and lots of them that they're not afraid to shoot. Southern people have guns like clothes. An everyday need. That's on top of them being reckless. Don't go there with him. Period."

"Am I supposed to be scared? I'm not a pussy." Anthony looks Abella right in the eyes.

"I don't need you to protect me," she says with more force this time. Anthony's taken aback for a second because he can tell it's a deeper problem than Toran. "Please, leave it at that. Don't escalate it anymore. Let it be!" She looks at Anthony waiting for a response as confirmation that he won't, but he gives her a blank stare. He's not going to lie or make any promises that he can't keep, so he says nothing. "Whatever," she rolls her eyes going back to shopping.

Anthony wraps his arm around her shoulder kissing her temple. "Calm down. Imagine me getting yelled at for trying to defend you. It's okay. Olori mi," he says in Yoruba. She narrows her eyes because she knows he's trying to sweet talk her.

"What does that mean?" She asks with tight lips acting like she's still mad.

"My queen. I should call you Aya mi because apparently you're going to be my wife by the grace of God," he says mimicking his mother making Abella end up laughing.

"Your Mom's funny."

"No, she's embarrassing," he sighs.

"I thought it was cute. She cares about your well-being. And clearly she thinks I'm wife material," she says flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Or she's trying to marry me off to the first person she sees me with."

"Potato, Potahto. It's all the same to me. You have two years, my friend," she says holding up her fingers. "The ancestors have been informed, so they will make it happen. It's in place now, so don't mess it up before then."

"Never, because I know you'll send me to personally meet those ancestors if I do."

Abella laughs, "I'm glad you know."

Once they buy there books, they walk out of the bookstore. When Abella hears a male voice energetically let out, "Awooo! Are my eyes seeing correctly?" it catches her attention. It takes her a second to realize it's a man her father knew named Chinedu.

She immediately smiles going towards him. "Abella, is that you? Ada," He bends the upper part of his body over as a sign of respect showing his back. It's not until she touches his back that he can stand up straight.

Everybody calls her Ada meaning daughter because she's the daughter of a high titled chief. A chief is a man who's established financially, accomplished, respected, and has contributed to the community. She automatically gets the same respect Michael received.

She immediately hugs him after taking a deep exhale. Although she loves coming to Nigeria it feels like constant reminders of her father are always around considering this was the last place he was alive.

The more time that goes by she feels like she has to accept his death. Like she has to move on and get over it..

After leaving the bookstore they go to the Nike Centre for Art and Culture in Lekki Phase 1.

It's an art gallery in Lagos owned by Nike Davies-Okundaye. It has multiple levels with thousands of artwork from various Nigerian artists including textiles, paintings, or fabrics. The gallery's probably the largest of any that are comparable in West Africa.

While walking through the gallery Abella holds Anthony's hand looking at the artwork. She's looking for the perfect piece to get for her house. "This artwork's really nice. Even the street art and graffiti they have around the city. And the statues," Anthony says while looking around.

"The ones at the junctions? Yeah, there's art everywhere you look."

"What does the foot statue that we pass by everyday mean?"

"To put your best foot forward and that every journey or path begins with a first step." She shakes her head a little saying, "People can say what they wanna say about Nigeria and Nigerians, but there's no country like it. No people like us."

"One day we should buy land in Nigeria or build a house here." Abella looks up at Anthony giving a reserved smile. He always talks about these plans that mean he wants a future with her. Sometimes she does wonder if he means it or it's cute to say in the moment.

When she doesn't respond he looks down seeing she's already looking at him. "What?" He asks.

"Nothing, it's a good idea." Anthony gives her the same look she had earlier before cracking a smile and kissing her cheek. He wraps his arm around her shoulder as they continue walking.

August 19th, 2019

Taking a water transportation boat to a nearby island, the ship moves across the water towards their destination. Anthony sits on the back row of seats beside his sister. Seeing that Anthony's looking at Abella who stands at the rail, Janet says, "I hope you're going to marry her. You're almost 30. She will do you well."

He looks at his sister with furrowed eyebrows. "You too? How are you telling me about marriage and you're not even married yourself? You're older than me!"

"Hey! You want to insult me?" She asks in shock pointing at herself. "Somebody needs to get married, so we can get Mummy off our back. I'm tired of her asking me. When will you marry? When will you use the rest of your eggs before they dry up to give Angel siblings? Janet, your degrees and business won't hug you at night." He laughs at her mimicking their mother's voice.

"Do you want to get married?"

Janet shrugs before blowing air out of her nose. "Not if it's going to end in divorce like Mum and Dad." Anthony always knew she took that worse than him. He also knew her trust in men got even worse when things didn't work out with her daughter's father.

"Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith."

Janet smiles wide. "You're so in love. It's cute." Anthony only laughs and shakes his head at his sister before standing up.

"I'll be back." Leaving his sister, he approaches Abella. Feeling him coming she turns from the water to look at him...

"You good?" He asks standing beside her.

"Yup, I just do a lot of reflecting when I come to Nigeria. How do you feel?"

"I feel good. I see what you were saying. This place is madness, but it still brings peace. Lately, I felt this small space of emptiness that I couldn't fill even though everything's going back to normal. Now I realize I needed to come back to my roots to feel full again."

She nods her head with a slight smile. "That's how I felt. It's refreshing."

"I can't wait to bring JJ here." Anthony wanted to, but it's Natalie's week. This was his only time to come because soon things will be kicking into high gear to get prepared for the rematch. The press conference tour, interviews, and locking into training camp.

"Oh, yes. You definitely have to bring him. He would have so much fun. The earlier you bring him, the better. That way he gets used to it. My cousins whose parents didn't bring them until they were teens hated it."

Anthony laughs. "I think Angel's having fun, but when she doesn't have internet and can't text she gets an attitude."

Abella chuckles. "First world problems. Doesn't your Dad live in Nigeria?" Anthony nods his head. "Are you going to see him? We leave Lagos tomorrow and don't come back until the day we leave," She asks raising an eyebrow.

"Probably not this trip. We're only here a week and have a lot to do. Not enough time," he shrugs. "You know my Mum's with us and he wanted us to come to his house, but I don't think she wants to do that."

"They can't even be in the same room?" Abella asks in surprise.

"They can, but they rather not especially my Dad's house that he shares with his wife. It's a bit awkward. They have no reason to interact anymore now that me and Janet are adults."

"I understand."

Anthony breathes in then out looking at the view. "The last time I was in Nigeria was when I was put in boarding school. It took me becoming an adult to realize why my Mom sent me here. It was because she was having a hard time adjusting to being a single mother of two children. A lot changed after I went back to the U.K."

He shakes it off enjoying the rest of the ride until they reach their destination. Janet wanted to do some giving back while in Nigeria so they're going to a primary school to talk to the kids and give supplies.

As they're walking towards the school a young boy runs towards them wanting to beat the other students to Anthony and Abella. He greets Anthony first before turning to Abella.

"How far?" Abella says slapping the boy's hand to ask how he's doing.

"I'm fine. Do you remember me, sista?" He asks looking up at her with hopeful eyes. Abella has come to this school many times to spend time with the kids.

"Of course I remember you, Bankole." The boy immediately smiles at her saying the right name. She puts her arm around him walking towards the school having small talk with him asking about his school year so far.

As soon as they're within ten feet of the students they're being surround in every which way. Before they knew it they were being hugged and embraced by the excited students. To most people it would be overwhelming, but for them it brings joy to be welcomed this way.

Abella made it a point to go to multiple schools in Nigeria because it's something her father did.

In the early 2000's Abella's father helped start a private University in Awka, Anambra State, close to where he's from. It provided undergraduate training in Natural and Applied Sciences, Social Sciences, and Management. It's been open since, but is now being run by someone else providing education to hundreds of students yearly.

There was something about seeing her father start that school in Nigeria as a young girl that made her want to be a teacher. It was somewhere between the fact that Nigerian kids live in poverty, but there being no excuse to not be a hardworking student. Education was all some kids had.

That was paired with knowing that in Nigeria at a certain level you have to pay for school. It's no longer free whereas in America it's free until college, but we take that for granted.

It's known that African parents stress for their kids to get an education. The whole go to school to become a doctor, lawyer, or engineer thing. We joke about it, but our parents do mean well when they tell us to do that.

Anthony and Abella are on two ends of it. Anthony didn't go to college and get a degree, while Abella did. He went into sports where as long as you're making a lot of money doing it, your parents will support. Same goes for music with Abella. Her father told her to get a degree first then pursue it and that's what she did.

The head of the school finally gets the kids settled down allowing for Abella to speak. "I'm backkk," she says to the mass of hundreds of students who stand in rows. She laughs as they cheer. "And look who I brought," she motions towards Anthony. They grow even louder making Anthony smile as he throws his hand up in a wave.

The couple has talked about doing some type of giving back together before and they're finally doing it. They both never wanted to be the type of famous people that are unreachable. They want to be one with the people because they're not above anyone.

After the head of the school talks he gives the floor to Abella again. "Every time I come home, I come here. And every time we sing a lovely song together. Are you all ready?" When they all scream with affirmations people laugh.

When they hand her a microphone, she tries it but it's not working. "It's fine. I don't need it," she says handing it back. She looks at the teacher who instructed them on learning the song. She gives the children the signal to begin as they start singing a Nigerian gospel song.

Everyone who stands around hearing their voices is taken aback a bit that they sound so good. Abella comes in singing her part with them. Her voice is so powerful and strong that it can still be heard at the same level of the nearly 100 students. In the perfect spots she sings lower, so they can be heard more.

It sends chills through some people as they listen. By the smile on Abella's face while she sings everyone can tell she genuinely enjoys this. Her love for children has always been apparent.

Anthony stands watching with a wide smile. He swivels his head towards KD who stands next to him proudly saying, "That's my girl." Once they're done singing everyone gives them an applaud.

After getting a tour of the school they somehow ended up having an impromptu press conference with some locals who came to the school knowing Anthony and Abella are here.

Anthony had been answering questions for about fifteen minutes when a little girl asks, "Why do you box for Britain and not for Nigeria?" For some reason he's stumped by the question at first as an audience of Nigerians stare at him. He sits at a table up front beside Abella as they wait on an answer.

"My Mum and Dad were born in Nigeria then when they were 25 they moved to London. I was born there and I started boxing at 18 there. I came back to Nigeria many times when I was younger. One day my Mum even put me in boarding school here. It didn't last long and I went back to the U.K., but I proudly represent both the British and Nigerian flags. That's why I have the Nigerian flag right along the Great Britain flag anytime I step into the ring or on a press conference stage. That's why I have Africa on my arm because it's my roots."

"Has making the amount of money you do changed your life or even you?" A teenage boy asks.

"I live within my means. Maybe even below it. I don't own no like Rolls Royce's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, or ten mansions. I don't have all that stuff, so it hasn't changed in that aspect. My reputation I carry means more than the money I have in the bank. It's about character, morals, what you stand for, your respect, and integrity. To me it's better to have multiple millionaires rather than one billionaire. You have to spread the wealth and knowledge, so that's what I'm trying to do."

He pauses with a smile before saying, "Ask her questions," looking over at Abella who sits next to him quietly listening.

"They know me. They don't want to get me started," she says jokingly. "I've been here before. I want them to talk to you."

"I know, but you have important things to say too." He knows she does because she's ended up in debates almost everywhere she goes during this trip. Even in conversations where it's only men and they think women should 'stay in there place.' Anthony loves it.

"I have a question for her," someone volunteers. "In one of your songs you talk about all the problems in this country. What do you think is the worst thing that Nigeria deals with?"

Abella's quiet for a few seconds wanting to word it correctly. "The wealth inequality in Nigeria is bad. Corruption funnels money out and doesn't allow much for trickle down economics to work. It's a prime example of the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer. The biggest problem is people leave Nigeria to go abroad and make money, but never come back to give back. It's multiple things."

"You don't really think Nigerians going abroad and coming back to give will change everything? Is that their obligation?" Another man asks.

Anthony knows what Abella meant so he says, "She means we have to invest in Africa, in the continent, in Nigeria. If Africans invest in the diaspora you can change everything. We have to take money from the outside meaning England, The States, and bring it back in."

"Exactly. I don't think it's a secret the Nigerian government steals and hoards money. Meanwhile, the country has no steady electricity and everyone survives on generators. This country's rich in oil, but that money isn't making its way to poorer people. The people who're rich living on the island and in estates are the ones who benefit from the exploitation of the oil production. We're enriching the rest of world. When do we start fighting for Africa?"

"Fighting for Africa or only fighting for Nigeria? We can't be bothered with trying to help everybody when Nigeria has madness everywhere," a man says sucking his teeth long and hard.

"South Africa and Nigeria have the two biggest economies on the continent. They account for almost half of sub-Saharan Africa's GDP, but who's seeing that money? Not us. Not anybody in Africa really," Abella says with a shrug. "For us to evolve, Africa has to unite."

"How can we unite when within the countries we have states, local governments, cities, villages, tribes, so on? There's too many leaders. It'll neva happen. We were better under Great Britain's rule." This is the first comment that made people look at someone like they're crazy.

"Decades after colonialism the western world feels like they have to 'save' Africa. How are we constantly being 'saved' when this continent has produced every resource that's keeping most of these countries running? It's backwards. Everyone benefits from Africa, but us. Africa has been the anchor to the rest of the world. But when do we finally gain the strength to be able to pull our anchor up to move forward rather than be stuck in one spot? And no, we were not better under Great Britain's exploitative rule that divided the country and brought in their western influences," Abella says confidently as Anthony looks at her wearing a smirk.

Throughout his career, Anthony's been more quiet when it comes to controversial topics and politics. He's had a few instances where things he's done or said regarding race and religion came into question. Not because he did anything wrong, but his White British fans were 'offended.' That lead to his team saying to just be quiet and don't respond or if you do give a politically correct answer.

Abella's completely different. If she has something to say about an issue, she will.

And this is what she meant in the photo album when she put they have their own views and opinions. She had to realize that when Anthony announced he's fighting in Saudi Arabia. They do things differently mostly for the sake of their career and image.

Seeing her so passionate about topics makes Anthony want to be more outspoken. She has the freedom to talk about things where he has to play it safe.

"Obviously, your father was Nigerian. Your mother's American. You were born and raised in America living one year at most in Nigeria. What do you consider yourself? This kind of goes back to what was asked of Anthony about Britain and Nigeria."

"I'm an African raised in America. I can say that wholeheartedly because of the way I was raised. My mother was raised to know that her ancestors came from Brazil and before that they came from West Africa. I'm all of the diaspora in one. People don't understand that America was never built for Black people. When you finally understand that, you're better off. They brought us to America as slaves, so how could it ever be for us when the same type of privileged, white males are in power?"

She gets head nods for her answer. "You see why I wanted her to talk," Anthony says making people laugh. Knowing they have to leave soon someone steps in to wrap things up.

"They have to leave, but both Anthony Joshua and Béla donated money to our school, so tell them thank you." They get a round of applause before both rising to their feet.

They both feel accomplished. Coming to Nigeria for vacation is fun. Going to the tourist locations is fun, but it means nothing if they don't help the country from which their name and blood rose.

August 21st, 2019

It's a day before Odera's traditional wedding, so all day people have been in out of the house and compound to set things up. Anthony and Abella got to the village in Anambra state yesterday in the late afternoon. Because they were so tired when they arrived, Abella's just now giving a tour of the house to Anthony.

As they walk around the compound Abella says, "My Dad started building this house in the 90's before anybody was really building big houses like this in the village."

"Why three floors?"

"The bottom floor was for my grandparents. The second was for my Dad and his family. The third for his siblings. As the oldest son it's tradition that he build the family home, ya know. This land has been in our family since the late 1800's after the slave trade ended. It can't be sold or bought, only passed down to the oldest son. Our family has more land around the village, but we haven't built anything on them in all these years. My brother told me I could have one of the plots to build my own house. Maybe one day."

"That's what I want. People talk about houses and cars, but that shit doesn't mean anything. Generational wealth and land does. Real investments that'll always have worth. Stuff you can pass down."

"Exactly." She points at the building that's used as a hall now for when they have events at their compound. There have been tables and chairs set up in there for tomorrow's wedding. "That's where the house used to be. This small house on all this land. My grandparents raised seven kids in a two bedroom house. When I first started coming to Nigeria that was the house we were staying in. It had no bathroom and we had to use an outhouse," she says chuckling.

"You're really a village girl," he says with a laugh.

"I told you. I used to run around this village barefoot with the other kids." She stops then points at a plot of dirt. "This is where my grandfather's buried." She keeps walking going to another section of dirt. "This is where my father's buried."

Anthony looks at the gold name plate that Abella's bent over brushing red dirt off of. When she's done he sees Chief Michael Maduka Mobisson in script with his birth and death date.

"Hi, Papa," Abella says with joy in her voice while brushing the dirt from her hands. "Oh, let me not be rude. This is Femi," she says motioning towards Anthony. He chuckles making her say, "Don't think I'm weird. I talk to him like he's still here."

"I don't. Um, do you mind if I have a moment by myself?"

"Yeah," she responds with no hesitation. "If you talk about me while I'm gone make sure it's all good things," she says pointing at him before walking away. Once Anthony sees her disappear into the house he sits down on the bench next to his burial site. He bows his head saying a short prayer to himself.

He sits there for a second in silence until he can hear a Rooster crow in the distance. He didn't think Abella speaking to her father as if he's still present as weird because her father has now crossed over into the ancestral realm. People who led an honorable life and had a proper burial take their place among the ancestors.

The relationship of ancestors and living people in Africa is one of guidance and protection. Ancestral honoring isn't abnormal because the deceased are thought to never truly depart the world.

These ancestors are said to be capable of acting on behalf of their descendants who're still living. They visit their living loved ones and bring blessings. This can be fertility, good health, wealth, etc. The living can also ask for counsel or bring offerings. Even while driving through the village you will see where some people have setup their own shrines.

Finally he speaks saying, "The first time I saw one of your fights was at my uncle's house. He spoke so highly of you without knowing you. Everyone did. You were one of Nigeria's biggest heroes. Now that I hear your daughter speak about you, I know that you deserved to be spoken highly of."

"I know this sounds weird, but I wanted to ask for permission for something." He pauses. "I wanted to know if I have permission to fulfill the duties that was once yours when it comes to your daughter. As her father it was your job to provide for her, protect her, guide her, care for her, and love her. Now that you're gone I would like to take on that responsibility. I don't want to replace you or anything. I simply want to make sure she's always taken care of... Even if she doesn't need it, my firecracker," he says with a chuckle.

When Anthony hears, "I've been waiting on you," he lifts his head. He looks around seeing nothing, but he feels this overwhelming presence around him. Something powerful.

He swallows then speaks, "You have?"

"Yes. My daughter kept praying for signs and I kept sending them through you. She's always been a little ditzy, so it took her awhile to get the message," Michael says doing a mighty laugh that would shake anyone's core. "Then again you kept half delivering the messages. You're an indecisive man, but you finally made a decision and it was the right one."

Anthony smiles and he feels like Michael would be smiling too. "You being the other half of my daughter is by no means a coincidence," Michael goes on. "You two might get lazy. It's because you know that the other person will always be there no matter what. Your connection is that strong. Their are forces at work that can't be controlled, so remember that. Marriage, children, businesses... A partnership and union. One that transcends."

Anthony blinks taking it all in. "Thank you for making your daughter the woman she is. The woman she is for me."

"Oh, I had nothing to do with that. As much as I'd like to take credit, I can't. She came out of the womb knowing who she is. Her destiny was determined by the ancestors before me. She was made perfectly for both you and I. So when you question why you love her so, remember it's out of your control. And yes, I give you permission to takeover my duties. She's yours."

"Oh, and Femi..." Michael starts before going on, "Stick behind the jab during the rematch with Ruiz. Boxing's about not getting hit and doing the hitting. Be masterful and you'll win. Everything will be okay." Anthony believes that last sentence wholeheartedly.

That heavy feeling that Anthony had disappears as he breathes out. He sits there for a few seconds almost as if in disbelief. When a White Butterfly flies into his view then lands on his knee, he stares at it. Within a few seconds it's flying off.

Anthony swallows the lump in his throat before standing up. He wipes his sweating hands against his Under Armour shorts. When he looks up at the sky he squints from the sun then sees a body moving on the balcony.

Seeing a flowy dress then Abella appear leaned against the rail he shields his eyes. "Have you been there this whole time?" He yells up at her.

"No, I just came out here. Why?"

"I'll tell you in a second," he says rushing into the house. Abella shrugs and within a minute Anthony's coming through the second floor living room and going through the door to the balcony. Abella now sits on a patio chair looking at Anthony who sits in the seat next to her.

He wears this big smile making her furrow her eyebrows. "Thank you for telling me to come back to Nigeria."

"No problem. I really want people to see the value in Africa, especially Nigeria. Yeah we have our problems but who doesn't? Bad politics, pollution, no power, police and military harassing people for money–" Anthony cuts off her rambling grabbing her face to kiss her.

"Sorry to cut you off," he says because she was talking about important issues. "I talked to him," he says excitedly still holding onto her face.

"Saw who?" She asks with confusion as he kisses her one more time before letting go of her face.

"Your Dad. He's here."

"Well, yeah, he's buried in the compound." She says making a face still lost.

"No, I talked to him. I heard his voice. Felt his presence." He knows he sounds like a crazy person right now. "I love you," he says kissing the top of her hand multiple times making her confused face turn into a smile.

"You talked to him? The last time I talked to him was when I came in December. Maybe I've been hoping he would come back to me again when I come and sit at his burial site," she says with a little sadness.

"I don't think he has to. He's with you everyday."

"Through you? I know. It took me awhile to come to terms with that because I was still trying to block you out. It was hard and kinda still is."

"Why?"

"My whole life my father was the only person who I let protect me. I felt like I was trying to replace him, but I'm not. I'm simply stepping into the next phase of my life. I'm no longer a little girl who needs my father's protection. That role will eventually be taken by my future husband now that I'm a grown woman. But my father left me, so what makes it any different for a man?"

"That's the thing, he didn't leave you though. And I can say is I won't either. I know, what makes me so sure? Trust me, I'm here."

Abella stares straight ahead before speaking. "When my Dad died I felt so lost. The one man who made me feel like I would always be loved and respected was gone. Until... I met you. I used to sit around my Dad's gym not even wanting attention or to talk to him. I just wanted to be in his presence. I felt uncomfortable most places without him, but protected with him. I could tell my Dad something and he would get it while others thought I was crazy. All these things that you make me feel too. Maybe I'm scared I'll lose you like I lost him," she admits.

She can feel tears roll down her face, but she doesn't bother to wipe them. She closes her eyes and it's like the village goes back in time to how it looked when she was a little girl. Before they started building all the big houses and buildings. When it was simpler.

With eyes still closed she recalls the past, "I went everywhere with my Dad when I would come to Nigeria. He would take me around the whole village proudly introducing me to everybody. That's why everyone knows me," she says with a laugh. She chews on her bottom lip. "Now people joke and act surprised when they see me without you and it's like– Yeah, I wanna be with him everyday. And I never want to be around people more than a couple hours."

Anthony ends up laughing before wiping her face. He pulls her into his shoulder kissing her cheek before letting go of her. "Do you ever wonder why I was picked? Why I was sent to you?"

"I know why. Because you're just like my Dad. Just like a Leo to pick someone that's exactly like them," Abella playfully rolls her eyes thinking of Michael.

"I am? In what ways?"

"You speak in proverbs like him. Oh my goodness. I know you're going to get on JJ's nerves turning everything into a life lesson," she says making Anthony laugh. "You're always listening to music and you have the same exact music taste as him. You also refuse to argue with me like him. I try to start arguments for excitement and you just look at me. How boring!" She says with a disgusted face.

Anthony laughs while leaning his face into his hand to look at her. "I don't like confrontation." He pauses then sits up straight. "After he stopped talking to me this white butterfly landed on me..."

It's quiet for a second and when Anthony looks at Abella's face her mouth twists into a smile. "I saw a White Butterfly after the first day of his burial. It was after everybody had left and I was standing and staring at the red dirt that had been piled over his casket. This white butterfly comes floating by, lands on the dirt pile for a few seconds, then flies away. I've seen a white butterfly every time I come here since he passed. It was him," she confirms by nodding her head.

"It felt like when I saw that fuckin' dragonfly the day of my fight against Ruiz. Remember when I told you that and you looked up what it meant?"

"So you know what I'm going to do," she says with a chuckle pulling her phone out. She types it into google clicking on one of the links.

"Okay, let's see," she says before beginning to read. "Butterflies can be considered a visit from a departed relative who's visiting family from another world. The souls of the departed loved ones are carried by white butterflies. If a white butterfly lands on you or flies around you, that can be a sign of the soul of someone who passed. This could be a sign that they are thinking of you."

They both look at each other tilting their head to the side not surprised. She continues reading, "A white butterfly is a very important spiritual message sent just for you. It's likely a sign that you are about to start a new chapter in your life. It can also be a response to your prayers. They signify transformation and hope."

Abella locks her phone dropping it in her lap. They both stare ahead sitting in silence for awhile until Anthony breaks it by asking, "Have you ever been in love?"

Abella turns to look at him with furrowed eyebrows because they've talked about it before and they both said they haven't.

Before she can answer he looks at her saying, "I made that bet that we would fall in love by the end of summer, but we didn't actually bet on anything... What was supposed to be the end offering? Who gets the prize? Should it be money or what?"

"I guess we would both get the prize. We both win because we both risked something not knowing what the future outcome would be."

"That only sounds fair. We both gained each other."

"Wait..." Abella starts squinting her eyes at Anthony. "Are you saying–"

"That I'm in love with you? Yeah," he says nodding his head with no fear.

They may have both felt that way, but it hasn't been expressed out loud, only with actions. They felt like if they said it, it makes it too real and they can't come back from it.

Abella felt cascaded with emotions. The old her would've ran like the wind or sabotaged the relationship out of fear. Old Abella probably would've told him he's lying, to shut up, right before laughing it off and changing the subject.

Just like the old Anthony would've never said it in the first place. He would've never let himself get to this point. His friends joked that once he realizes things have gotten too deep between him and Abella, he'll run. He's had no want to do that. He's all in.

"I'm crying again," she says lowering her head before laughing. She always laughs when she's nervous or it's too serious of a moment.

Finally turning to look at Anthony, she smiles at him. Leaning in she lets their lips linger before hers brush against his in a careful and gentle manner. Like butterfly wings their lips fluttered against the other in passionate strides.

It felt like every kiss they ever had. From the first one in that car on the New York City street to the small kisses they share throughout the day.

Anthony realized that maybe falling in love isn't a sudden thing. It doesn't just hit you. It's a process. It's a series of moments that make you love a person more.

Before they wondered what falling in love looks like and feels like. It's when someone feels like home...

_________

Whew chile, this chapter made me cry a lil. As you guys know I went to Nigeria this December for my grandmother's burial. I randomly thought of this video of a white butterfly I recorded at our house there (where my grandmother & grandfather are buried as tradition) so I looked up what it means.

I talked to my Dad who's still in Nigeria & he says now it's a white & yellow butterfly that come once a week. I feel like it's my Papa & Granny😭

Where my Nigerians at?🇳🇬
Anthony & Abella admitting they're in love?

Anyway, Comment / Vote❤️🥊

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

120K 3.4K 40
Two rivals, which formed their hate for each other purely because of academic validation When a new boy Ares Sanchez starts attending Olivia's Maddox...
125K 8.7K 49
Jimin, a second heir of the wealthy Park family, grew up with his overprotective mother and bickered with his older brother Jin. Feeling lonely and l...
865K 22K 24
{Complete} (((Disclaimer))) I wrote this book/completed it when I was 13/14, it does not exhibit my current writing ability and is very much unedited...
1.3K 215 16
A Mafia Romance Lela Reyes was destined to inherit the ruthless legacy of her mother's mafia empire. As the heiress, she knew the rules, the power p...