Hawkeye's Sister

By MsFiedler

Claire is the younger sister of Clint Barton aka Hawkeye. After he abandoned her at a young age, she has grow... More

Hawkeye's Sister
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 15

8.9K 205 35
By MsFiedler

***Claire***

I wake up to Rika running into my room and jumping on my bed. I yawn, and rub at my eyes.

"Why are you here so early?" I ask, looking at the clock. I take a look at her nervous but excited face, and I remember.

"Oh my gosh, you are getting married today!" I say, sitting up and giving her a hug.

"Yep, and we need to get ready!" She says, dragging me out of bed. I reach for a robe, and I wrap it around myself. I take in her wild hair and mismatched slippers.

"Is someone in a hurry?" I tease, and she blushes.

"Just hurry up!" She takes my hand and drags me out of the room, barely giving me any time to put my slippers on. Once we reach her room she plops me down on the sofa, and leaves again to return with a grumpy looking Sif and another girl, Mariah. Moments later Thor knocks at the door, and a woman enters.

"Are you Jane Foster?" I ask, my eyes going wide.

"Thor's mystery girlfriend? No way!" Rika says, popping her head over from behind the sofa.

"Yes, I am Jane Foster. You must be Rika, congratulations on your wedding." She says, coming over and shaking Rika's hand.

"Darling, I do hugs." Rika says in a southern accent, a very bad one, and pulls Jane into a hug. Frigga comes into the room, laughing at Rika.

"Someone is excited." She says, going up to Rika and giving her a hug.

"I'm getting married, I'm getting married." Rika chants, before calling all the maids in. I look with caution at Agatha, who still looks down her nose at me. Making a face at her, I turn to Rika.

"Now come on, get into the tub so that Sarah can make you look pretty." I say, laughing softly. She just stands there in la la land, so I give her a firm shove towards the tub. She stumbles and trips on her nightgown, falling headfirst into the bathtub. She sputters and coughs, and I laugh.

"You will regret that later, oh annoying human." She says, and I stick my tongue out at her.

"Alright girls, no fighting. Claire, Sif, Jane, and Mariah into the other tubs." Sarah says, helping Rika out of her wet nightgown and into the tub properly. I get one next to Rika's, and Jane takes the one on my other side.

"So you must be the miracle girl, Claire." Jane says, turning and looking at me.

"I guess that would be me." I laugh, and then shut my mouth as a maid dumps a bucket of water over my head. For the next hour we are scrubbed, steamed, soaped, and rinsed enough times to make a germaphobe happy.

"My skin is so pink." Mariah says, looking at her face in the mirror. Mariah is brown haired, with blue eyes and freckles. We are all bridesmaids, and all the guys are groomsmen. Sif is paired with Hogan, Jane with Thor, Mariah with Volgstagg, and myself with Loki.

"That will go away eventually." Sarah says, getting started on my nails while Frigga does Rika's. My nails are a pretty mint color, with gold decorations. I sit still while my hair and makeup is being done, and then I get into my dress. Walking out, I go over to Rika, who seems to be having a nervous breakdown.

"What if he changes his mind? What if he doesn't want me any more? He could have found someone else!" She says, starting to panic for the fifth time today.

"Trouble with the bride yet?" I hear Loki's voice in my head, and I sit up.

"Okay, that's weird." I think, and I hear him chuckle.

"Just me projecting myself into your thoughts." He says, and I can feel his smirk.

"Yes, there is trouble with the bride. She is now freaking out for the fifth time!" I think, exasperated.

"Fandril is having the same problem. He won't stop worrying." He says, and I can feel his frustration.

"We will survive." I joke, and I can feel him roll his eyes.

"I hope so." He says, and he leaves my head. I walk over to Rika.

"Hey..." I say quietly, kneeling down in front of her. She looks up at me, and I take her shaking hands.

"He is not going to change his mind about you. You two have finally admitted your feelings for each other after years. He is not going to give that up now, not when he finally has you. Odin knows you two are stubborn." I say, joking at the end. She slaps me lightly in the back of the head, and I widen my eyes.

"Don't mess up my hair!" I say, standing and pinching her nose. She flicks me, and then stands to get into her dress. I help her with the back, securing it tightly. I stand back and look at her, my eyes starting to water.

"You look amazing!" I say softly, my throat starting to choke up.

"Oh shut up, don't cry now." She replies, shaking a finger at me. I laugh shakily, and wave my hands in front of my eyes. I smile at Rika, and admire how beautiful she looks. Her red hair is curled at the ends, with two braids at the top of her head and a jeweled clip over the braids. Her make up is light, with blue eyeshadow highlighting her grey eyes. Her lips are a soft red, and her cheeks glow. Her dress has a corset top, and is white and gold. The skirt is long and flowing with a golden net over the white. Her veil is made of white lace, and comes down in front of her face from a small crown.

"Is that really me?" She asks, and Frigga walks over next to her, smiling.

"Yes, it is." She takes a small golden necklace with a diamond on the end and puts it on her, along with matching earrings.

"You'll do fine." Sif says, fiddling with her skirt. I laugh. Sif, the only female warrior in all of Asgard, who has been in the hardest conditions known to mankind, is uncomfortable in a dress!"

"Oh shutup." She mumbles to me, and shoves me.

***Loki***

I rub my forehead as Fandril starts pacing the floor, worrying once again.

"What if she changes her mind? What if she doesn't want me anymore? She could have found someone else!" He says, and collapses on the couch.

"Trouble with the bride yet?" I project my voice into Claire's head.

"Okay, that's weird." She says, and I chuckle.

"Just me projecting myself into your thoughts." I say, and smirk.

"Yes, there is trouble with the bride. She is now freaking out for the fifth time!" She says, and I can feel her exasperation.

"Fandril is having the same problem. He won't stop worrying." I say, and I let a little of my own frustration out.

"We will survive." She jokes, and I roll my eyes.

"I hope so." I say, and I leave her head.Thor tries to reassure him again, and my patience snaps.

"If she wanted to leave you, she would have done so by now. Now stop acting like a little girl and man up!" I say, slapping him in the back of the head. He glares at me, but stops worrying.

"You know I hate you right?" He says, but it is missing it's usual viciousness. I smirk at him.

"Heaven forbid you should ever stop." I say, and go to the mirror to fix my hair. Grabbing my helmet, I sit down and finish polishing it. The bell rings, and I put my helmet on.

"Come on, that is our cue." I say, and we all stand and walk out the door. Going outside, we walk with the guests to an old building behind the castle. The girls had cleaned it all up, and it really was a beautiful place. We all take our places, standing in order on the right side of the steps. At the top on the landing there is Fandril, then Thor, Volgstagg, Hogan, and myself. There is a quiet hum of conversation throughout the building, and I look around for my mother. Smiling I see her sitting next to Odin, who for once in his lifetime does not have a frown on his face. The tones of the organ start, and Fandril straightens. He pulls on his tunic, and adjusts his cape. The doors open, and the light from outside shines in.

"Here goes nothing." I hear Fandril mumble, and the corner of my mouth lifts up in a smirk. Jane walks in first, wearing a blue and silver dress. She has a soft smile on her face, and she ascends the left side of the steps until she is even with Thor. A brown haired girl walks in in a peach dress, Mariah I think, and she stands even with Volgstagg. He sends her a wink, and she quickly blushes. Next comes Sif, fierce but feminine in a red dress, her sword still strapped to her side. Ascending the steps until she even with Hogan, she gives Fandril an encouraging smile.

"Claire next." Hogan says quietly, and my heart rate accelerates. She walks through the door, and my breath catches. Her hair is curled and in a half up half down look. The top part of her hair is put into a curly bun, with the rest of her hair down. Her dress is mint green, with a halter neck and a flower on the waistline. On her face is a happy smile, and she walks up the stairs to stands even with me. I tear my eyes from her and look to the door, watching as Rika enters on her fathers arm. I hear an intake of breath from Fandril, and I smile, watching as my partner in crime walks down the aisle.The ceremony passes in happiness, and we all clap as Fandril kisses Rika. I put my fingers in my mouth and whistle, followed by a slap from Thor behind my head. They run down the aisle, adn all the groomsmen and their ladies follow them.

"You look stunning." I say as soon as we are outside and away from the huge crowd. She blushes, and I laugh at her.

"I will always cherish that." I say, and she looks up at me.

***Claire***

I stare up at Loki.

"Why would you cherish something like that? I hate it." I say, wrinkling my nose. He smiles, and taps me on the nose.

"Because then I know that I still have an effect on you." He says arrogantly, and he smirks.

"Well for that, you can sit alone." I say, standing up and pretending to be offended. I walk away, managing only a few feet before he catches my hand.

"I'm sorry." He says solemnly, but I can still see a smirk on his face.

"No you're not." I say in a sing song voice, pulling my hand out and walking away again. He catches my hand, and spins me around into his chest.

"Dearest, most beautiful, wonderful, darling, Claire. I am deeply, truly, completely sorry." He says, looking down at me with pleading eyes.

"Oh thats not fair!" I say, melting under his gaze. He continues to stare at me, and I smile.

"Fine fine, you win. I forgive you." I say, going onto my tiptoes and giving him a kiss on the tip of his nose. He makes a face, and I laugh.

"Come on Claire! Rika is going to throw her bouquet!" Mariah says, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the group of women. All the married couples watch with the little children, laughing and teasing.

"I don't want to do this." I say backing away from the mass of women, my shyness appearing again.

"Oh you'll be fine." Sif says, walking up behind me.

"They look vicious." I say, staring at some girls who look determined to get those flowers. Sif grabs one of my arms and Jane grabs the other, pulling me towards the front. I give up and stand there, arms by my side.

"Giving up so soon?" Loki says in my head, and I turn to look at him.

"There's no point, I'm tiny and shy. So many of the other girls are taller than me. They are really pretty though." I reply, giving a small smile. I turn my attention back to Rika, who turns around.

"Ready?" She calls, and the rest of the girls scream. Listing her hands, she tosses the flowers. Deciding to try, I lift my hands, and the flowers seem to gravitate towards them. My finger clutch onto the ribbon, and I grasp it firmly. Shouts and whistles fill the air, and I laugh.

"You caught them!" Rika says, running over and pulling me into a hug.

"Don't be so excited, Rika. Just because I caught them doesn't mean I am getting married anytime soon." I say, blushing. She just waves her hand in a dismissing motion.

"I bet you Loki will ask you to marry him in the next 6 months." She says, and I feel like my face is on fire.

"I bet he is just waiting for the right moment to violently declare his love for her." Sif says, and I think back to the garden, my cheeks burning.

"I think he already has." Jane teases, and I bite my lip nervously.

"HE HAS!!" Rika shouts, and I hide my face in my hands.

"Girls, leave poor Claire alone." Frigga says, coming to my rescue.

"Thank you!" I whisper to her, and she smiles.

"Your welcome. I know how they can be." She says, taking my arm and walking away from the party to a quiet spot by the lake.

"I will confess I am curious too." She says, turning to me with a grin. My cheeks flush, but only lightly.

"What do you want to know?" I ask, sitting down on a stone bench. A cool breeze blow my hair softly as I face the lake, and I fiddle with my dress.

"When he told you he was interested in you, and how you know you are interested in him." She says, sitting next to me.

"He first told me a few months ago, around the time Rika and Fandril got together...." I say, and tell her everything.

"Well I hope everything goes well for you two." She says, standing up.

"Oh don't get up." She says when I start to stand, and I sit down.

"Looks like someone wants to have some time with you." She says, and I look over my shoulder to see Loki walking towards us.

"Hello Mother. Had a nice chat?" He asks, coming up and giving her a hug.

"Of course. Claire is a wonderful girl. You are one lucky man." She says, winking at me. Loki and I both blush slightly, and she walks gracefully away.

"So you caught the flowers." He says, picking them up from my lap.

"Yep." I say, brushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"Was that what the girls were teasing you about?" He says, and I blush.

"They can be nosy." He says, pulling a flower out a fixing it in my hair. I say nothing, and just lean against his shoulder, soaking up the warmth from the sun.

"Have you thought about talking with your brother?" He says randomly, and I look up at him.

"No." I say, and I feel a pang of guilt. I squash it quickly, why should I feel guilty? HE hurt me. HE abandoned me.

"I think you should." He says softly, and my anger dies away.

"You're right, I should." I say, and a little sadness creeps into my heart.

"Would you like to do that in person? Or over communications?" He asks, and I think about the question.

"In person." I say, and he nods.

"I will arrange a meeting with Fury." He says, and I smile.

"Thank you." I say, and we just sit there in the silence, neither of us wanting to break the silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 984 12
β€’Β°. *࿐ ❝some things need to get lost. before they can be found.❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡.... maybe kate bishop can be the antidote to k...
2.9K 176 40
A twist on the avengers assemble ; Elizabeth Odinson, sister to Thor Odinson is now wanted Jotunheim. Forced to leave her world to save her life, Eli...
636 3 11
In which Skylar Stark falls in love with Steve rogers, an over 90-year old man or in which Tony Stark's little sister is the black canary Avengers...
31.5K 724 35
Kira was the younger sister of Clint Barton. Her and her brother had grown up together like twins even though she was three years younger. Even thoug...