"Right By My Side."

By Hey_Adora_

After failing to defeat the Rebellion again, Hordak is fed up with Catra and nearly kills her. This finally p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 7

8K 280 502
By Hey_Adora_

Adora glanced between both her angry bestfriends and gave a nervous chuckle, "Glimmer, Bow, nice um.. night we're having am I right?" Adora asked stupidly. Her back was pressed up against her doors as both Bow and Glimmer glared at her.

"Don't avoid the subject Adora, where were you? You were gone for a good few hours and me and Bow were worried sick! I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that Catra wasn't in your room when I came to see how she was doing, and I knew if she wasn't here then neither were you!" Glimmer said angrily, while Bow angrily nodded his head in agreement with the short princess.

Adora tried to get Glimmer to lower her voice since Catra was, most likely, asleep in her bed, but it was no use. So she forcefully pushed a still ranting Glimmer and furiously nodding Bow in to the future queen's room so they wouldn't disturb the feline.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?" Bow said, once they reached Glimmers room and Adora faced them after closing the door.

"I'm sorry I scared you two, Catra wanted to something outside of the castle that I thought was really sweet but she wouldn't allow me to come with her so I followed her." Adora said truthfully, simply leaving out the important details. 

"I actually needed to talk to Bow really quick if you don't mind Glimmer." The sword wielding teen said sheepishly.

Bow and Glimmer both shared a look before the short princess used her magic to teleport out of her room. Adora and Bow climbed up the floating steps to Glimmers bed and sat down, the archer boy waiting patiently for the blonde to speak.    

"So, lately, I've been having these feelings about Catra. I've felt it before when we we're in the Fright Zone together and when we were cuddling together. Then a whole new feeling hit me when I was following her earlier today." Adora said, twiddling her thumbs together as she waited for the boy to speak.

"How about you describe the feelings to me so that I can help a little bit better." Bow said, genuinely looking lost at. The blonde sighed before speaking again.

"Well, back at the Horde we were always together, since we were kids. We would cause trouble with each other, and protect one another whenever the other cadets would get mean. I've felt this feeling before but I never really payed much attention to it  mainly because Shadow Weaver would always make sure I was focused on my training in becoming a force captain. Whenever we got the chance to be alone though, I would just take time to notice the little things about her like her freckles, or how her hair and tail bristle whenever she's mad or agitated, or her pupils would dilate every time she looked at something she loved." Adora said, a smile was brought to her lips as she silently thought more on the little and big things about Catra. 

"Did Catra's eyes ever dilate when she looked at you?" Bow inquired with a sly grin.

Adora took a moment to think before slowly nodding her head. Then her eyes widened just a bit as it finally dawned on her as to what Bow was really thinking about.

"No no no no, there's no way she could possibly like me like that... I mean she's said things that indicated that she may have feeling for me as well but..." Adora stuttered a bit and ran a hand through the free hair of her ponytail. She was definitely flustered and nervous to even talk about this with her best friend, but she knew she needed some help with knowing what she was exactly feeling. And what better way to figure that out than to go to the archer boy that literally has heart designs in his regular attire?

"Well, its pretty much clear that you like her, so why  not spend some time with her to see if she reciprocates your feelings?" Bow suggested with a supportive smile.

Adora thought about it for a short while and finally let a bright smile break out on her face, she gave the boy a strong hug before running back to her room.

Bow watched the girl go before feverishly looking around the princesses room, "Glimmer? She's gone you can come out."

There was a scream and a loud thud  that filled the short silence in the air, Bow cupped his hands over his mouth before running over to the princess. Whose face was currently smashed against the ground.

When Bow when over to help her up, she simply held up a shaking finger in response.

"Are you okay?" 

A pained groan.

"What have we learned?" The archer asked, crossing his arms over his strong chest and shaking his head, knowing all too well that the short girl tried to hold herself up in the corner of her ceiling and lost her grip. Wouldn't be the first time she tried that. 

Another pained groan was what came from Glimmer as a response.

----------------------------------------------------------

Adora had entered her room a long time ago, and had found a wide awake Catra grooming herself on the floor beside Adora's bed.

  When the feline caught sight of the blonde teen, she pounced on her and bombarded her with questions. Most of them filling the topic of, 'where the hell were you 'cause I was bored'. 

"Catra, you can get up now." Adora said with a small laugh.

The feline blushed in slight embarrassment, but soon recovered when she got off the teen below her. A small chuckle escaping her lips as she ran a hand through her hair.

The duo walked over to the sword wielding teens' bed and sat in a comfortable silence, a better one than earlier before Adora left her room that's for sure.

The two laid side by side on the comfortable bed, Catra stared out into the star littered sky just outside of Adora's window, while the blonde teen just drowned in the felines beauty.

The feline had gotten rid of the pink sweater that was given to her during her ride to the Fright Zone and was now only in the white bandages that covered her sizeable chest, and the gray shorts that hugged her curves perfectly. Adora noticed how her tanned skin was covered in some small and large scars, although many of them were faded, they were still visible and it hurt the blue eyed teen to know that someone would possibly hurt Catra enough to leave scars. The large ones were the nastiest though, some were jagged and over lapped each other, while a few others were somewhat darkened on her beautiful skin.

Adora still found the feline absolutely gorgeous despite that, and she soon she was unconsciously tracing a finger over the magicats' scars. 

Catra shivered when the blonde girls hand came into contact with her exposed skin, she was about to bring other teen out of her little trance, but when Adora started to press her soft lips to the scars on her shoulder and stomach, she was too shocked to say anything and ruin the moment. Instead she watched as the teen continued to kiss her scars, and the feline could feel her cheeks burning up by each passing minute.

Catra knew that this moment had to, sadly, end at some point. This couldn't go on forever, what if they got caught? That was a conversation the brunette was not willing nor wanted to have. So she collected herself, and lifted Adora's head so that she was now looking at Catra.

"Enjoying yourself there princess?" Catra teased, just to loosen whatever tension was in the air.

Adora stared at Catra for a bit before she was finally brought back into reality and was quickly apologizing for losing herself like that. Catra could only laugh at how flustered Adora looked at the moment and simply shook her head in dismissal. She actually enjoyed it, but of course, she would never admit that out loud.

"Cool it Adora, I'm not going to argue with you about... well whatever that was." Catra said, simply waving the teen off as she sat up in the bed. She glanced down at her stomach and lightly dragged a clawed finger across a still visible scar. She sighed softly and shook her head.

"I'm not going back, all the abuse and getting shunned by Hordak... even when I do something amazing in his favor.. I always seem to upset him in some way. I'm surprised he hasn't just finished me off already." Catra said softly, turning her head towards the other teen who had also sat up beside her. 

Adora frowned and pulled Catra's hand away from her stomach, intertwining their fingers instead as she stared deeply into the mismatched eyes she knew and loved. 

"Catra, he didn't finish you off because he needs you, he's lost without you and I'm pretty sure that's exactly why the Horde hasn't attacked in a while now. He's weak and an absolute fool to have done what he did to you. You are strong, an amazing fighter and you have a beautiful personality, you're just hurt is all." Adora said, her right thumb stroked the top of Catra's left hand, while the blonde teens left hand brushed the felines free bangs out of her face.

Catra smiled softly and rested her head on Adora's strong shoulder. "Thanks Adora, it's really refreshing to know that you don't completely hate me." 

Adora pulled Catra into her lap and rested her hands on the small of her back. Catra wrapped her legs around the blue eyed girls waist and shifted her head so that she was now resting in the crook of Adora's neck. 

"I never hated you Catra, I honestly can't. I'm just disappointed when you didn't want to come with me to Brightmoon, and whenever you made an attack or harmed anyone. I know that's not who you really are, that's just the side of you that the horde shaped you to be. This Catra right here," Adora paused, poking Catra's back before continuing, "is the Catra I know, the sweet, fun, and loving one." Adora said.

Catra stayed silent as she glanced at her hands and clenched her fist, she had hurt so many people with those hands, including Adora and she still couldn't completely wrap her head around that fact. 

The duo stayed like that throughout the middle of the night silence engulfing them once more as they stayed exactly the way they were. Until Catra broke the silence with a burning question in her head.

"Adora? Did I... can I see your back? Please?" The feline asked softly.

Adora froze a bit and tightened her grip on the magicat, she knew exactly why Catra wanted to see her back and she honestly afraid as to how the brunette would react.

She was about to reply and deny the brunette's request, but Catra was quicker. The magicat slipped out of Adora's grasp, got behind her and pushed her off the bed so that she was now standing, and quickly lifted up her shirt and over the blonde teens shoulders. When she finally got a good look at the blue eyed teens back, she gasped and backed up.

Adora froze in her spot for two reasons. One: she had nothing else under her tank top to even cover the long, deep scars. And two: she was too scared to turn around and see the look on the brunette's face. She was honestly expecting the brunette to stay away from the her because of the scars that she had left when they both fought on the cliff that day during the battle for Brightmoon after seeing the result.

So you can only imagine Adora's surprise when she felt the brunette wrap her arms around the sword wielding princess's back and press her lips against the scars in a gentle kiss.

"I am so, so sorry Adora... I- I didn't know I cut you that deep.." Catra muttered an apology, then seconds later, her lips were once again pressed against the blonde teens scars.

Adora could only lean back into the soft touch of Catra's lips on her back and sigh softly. She knew Catra was hurt, broken, and traumatized from her abuse, and knew it was going to take a while for her to heal both physically and mentally. But Adora promised herself to be patient and help the brunette no matter what. Because she knew that the only thing that mattered...

was that she was by her side again.

---------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for not updating in such a long time, school came back up and my computer had some wired ass virus so Microsoft had to fix that T-T So here's a nice chapter for all the trouble.

A new chapter will soon be out! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 47.8K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
101K 3.1K 25
a paige bueckers story.
869K 36.4K 77
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
255K 5.6K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.