But, you're just a computer...

By batsbatzbats

~On Hiatus~ Cover art is mine (^w^)] ⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️ Angst! Cutting! Talks about sensitive topics such a... More

What is a "Squip"? - Chapter 1
Your Squip - Chapter 2
A new bestfriend? - Chapter 3
'Cool kids' - Chapter 5
They're not all that bad... - Chapter 6
Deep in thought - Chapter 7
The Other Squips - Chapter 8
Wanna be lazy together? - Chapter 9
Sexy Shopping - Chapter 10
I'm always here... - Chapter 11
Michael- I'm sorry! Okay?! - Chapter 12
Inside your head - Chapter 13
Michael's solution - Chapter 14
Jeremy, what is wrong with you? - Chapter 15
Was that a mistake? - Chapter 16
I just wanna talk about you guys for a moment
But is he really sorry? - Chapter 17
Ups and Down - Chapter 18
Small thing I'm wondering about
Laying on the floor, crying, and eating Spaghetti - Chapter 19
Yo, new book out

god damn it, LET ME CUDDLE YOU! - Chapter 4

1.9K 64 320
By batsbatzbats

——Y/n (Your) POV!——

(Also, The underlined stuff is you thinking)

"So, what should I get?"

"See that shirt that says Beyoncé 81 on it? Get that and pair it with a plaid jacket, skinny jeans, white shoes and just some random pieces of jewelry." He said, pointing towards pieces of clothing.

I saw the clothes that Squippy was referring to, although I was a little hesitant. "But, I don't really listen to Beyoncé all that much, what if someone asks me a question about her stuff?"

Squip rolled his eyes with a smirk. "If you come across that problem, I'll just simply have you repeat whatever I say."

"Okay..." I nodded. I walked over and picked the stuff up.

"By the way, Brooke and Jenna are walking in the direction," Squip said, preparing me.

"Hey, you're Y/n, right?" Jenna asked, the two girls stopped in front of me.

"Uh, y-yeah," I replied.

"Stop stuttering." Squip chuckled.

"You shop here?" Brooke asked.

I saw the Squip nod in the corner of my eye. "Yeah, all the time," I answered.

Brooke and Jenna saw what I was holding. "O-M-G! You listen to Beyoncé?! She's the BEST! I love her songs so much! What's your favorite song?" Brooke exclaimed.

I looked back to the Squip for help. "Say Irreplaceable, Crazy in Love, and Halo." He chuckled.

"I'm IN LOVE with Crazy in Love, Halo, and Irreplaceable, they're by FAR my favorite songs," I answered with a grin.

"O-M-G!!! Those are our favorite songs too!" Jenna squealed. "We have so much in common!"

I glanced at my Squip. "How did you know?" I silently asked.

"They're phones both have a playlist literally named 'Favorite songs', so I told you the ones that they had listen to the most," Squip answered, it was obvious he was silently judging the two girls in front of him.

"So, Y/n, let me grab your number so we can text and whatever!" Brooke demanded with a grin. Brooke and I cheerfully traded phones and entered our phone numbers in new contacts and handed the phones back. "'kay, I'll text you!" Brooke walked away backward with Jenna, who blew me a goodbye kiss.

I waved at them until they were out of my sight.

"That went smoothly." I thought.

"Yes, I believe it did. I knew that you will be an amazing person to be linked to." The Squip smiled at me. I gave him a small grin back but blushed a little on how adorable his smile was. "Thank you~."

"Shutupyoustupidcomputer! What else should I get for clothes?" I quickly replied.

The Squip chuckled at me. "I'll let you decide for the next outfit, you seem to have good style anyway." He said.

I thanked him and picked out a couple more things to make a new outfit.

"Hm, not that bad." The Squip said. Just as I was about to reply, my 1-hour timer went off.

"Give me a sec to text Jer." I hushed, the Squip briefly rolled his eyes in annoyance.

(Your funny username) You: Yo! Timers done!

Gay Player 2: Damn it, okay, omw to cash my stuff.

You: Perfect 👌.

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and started to walk back towards the cashier's line. I saw Jeremy already there so we paid and left with our separate bags.

"So, I'm assuming I'm going to have to drive you home as well?" I asked Jeremy with a chuckle as we both approached the parking garage.

"Uh..." Jeremy sounded like he was going to say something but he stopped himself before looking away, probably to look at his Squip.

Jeremy paused for a moment, but in that period of time, I saw my Squip clench his fists and glare in the same direction Jeremy was looking in.

"Don't talk about her like she's some kind of accessory..." My Squip whispered in an aggravated way, although I was unable to clearly hear him.

"What did you say?" I asked.

My Squip's face softened and formed his bright blue blush. "Uh-er-um- Nothing!" My Squip blurted out.

Jeremy turned back to me. "Sorry about that, but yes, I would like a ride home." Jeremy nervously chuckled.

I gave him a confused glance but didn't ask any further questions. We all got into the car and I drove to Jeremy's house. "Okay, I'll see you Monday, right?" I asked as Jeremy started to get out of the car.

"Yep! Cya!" Jeremy waved goodbye. I stayed for a moment to watch him get in his house and I then began to drive home.

I saw my Squip glitch into the passenger seat beside me. "Hey, can I ask you something?" I just sighed out.

"Anything." He answered.

I lightly drummed my fingers on the steering wheel. "Earlier, what did you say to Jeremy's squip? And what did it say?" I asked.

Squips's expression turned tense. He was a little hesitant to answer my question. "When you asked if Jeremy needed a ride, his Squip told him to accept because, and I quote, 'It's best for you to allow all of your peers to watch you enter a car with a hot female, it will grant you more popularity.'" My overgrown wintergreen tic-tac answered. "And I told him off cause he was acting as if you were just an object..." he continued, a little quieter this time.

I smiled as the computer beside me. "Thanks for sticking up for me, I appreciate it," I said. I parked the car in my driveway.

"Heh, no problem." The Squip slightly smirked at me as we entered the house. No one was home, I knew that because both my mom and dad were out of town.

"Also, can I just give you a name? It's a little weird to just call you The Squip." I asked, walking towards the living room. I sat down on the couch and Squip sat down right after me.

"Sure, I don't see why not." He shrugged.

"Okay, how about Eric? I'm kinda fond of that name." I suggested with a smile.

"Eric... I could get use to that..." He said.

I smiled at Eric. "Great! I'm kinda thirsty, so I'm going to go grab something to drink, why don't you scroll through the Tv and pick a movie while I'm up." I said, getting off the couch.

Eric nodded at my request and I walked into the kitchen and opened up the fridge. I half expected actual drinks, but all I found was a bunch of different types of Mountain Dews and milk. I didn't really want milk so I picked up a random Mountain Dew, unscrewed the cap and started to take some sips as I walked back to the living room.

"Hey, Tic-Tac." I greeted, sliding back onto my spot on the couch. Eric didn't reply, all he did was stare at the bottle in your hand. "Rude," I grumbled, I then proceeded to chug the entire random Mountain Dew I grabbed.

"Throwback..." Eric flatly said.

I pulled my lips from the bottle and looked at the label. "Yes, it's Throwback, so what?"

"Different Mountain Dew flavors have different effects on me... This one makes me... a nicer Squip..."

"It makes you a good boy?" I giggled. I slightly scooted closer to Eric as I ran my fingers through his hair to mess it up. "You're already a really nice guy, and I've known you for less than 24 hours!"

Eric smile at me and leaned closer to me. He reached over and held my hand in his. "I appreciate the compliment, but if there is anything I love more than your compliments, it's your smile..." Eric said with a sincere and loving smile.

I chuckled. "Real smooth." I was about to say something else, but Eric had pulled me into a tight hug before I could, Eric then slowly leaned over me which caused my body to be pushed onto the couch. Eric shifted his body and was now practically cuddling me as I laid down on the couch.

I assumed that Eric had changed into his physical/human form due to me being able to feel his touch. My face heated up from the sudden contact. Eric is so adorable sometimes...

"Thank you so much Y/n! But I think that you're adorable ALL THE TIME!" Eric exclaimed, he pushed his face into the crook of my neck. My face blushed furiously from Eric's claim.

I tried to reach into my pocket to grab my phone, but once I held it up to look at it, Eric grabbed it and threw it on the other side of the couch. "ERIC! WHAT THE HELL?!"

"You don't need that dumb piece of technology! You have me! My quantum processor so much smarter than that tiny box's!" Eric practically cried out.

Jesus Christ, he was jealous of my phone.

"Okay, all-mighty computer, can you tell me what time it is?" I asked with a chuckle.

"6:49, almost 7! Want me to make you dinner?" Eric answered he looked up at me with a big grin.

"Oh um, sure, if it's not a bother." I nodded.

Eric pushed himself off my body and kissed my cheek. "Helping you with anything is the reason I live~." He sang while dancing away into the kitchen.

I sat up straight and cupped the cheek that he kissed. My face was burning up. Jeez, I've barely known him for a day, do I already have a crush? I pushed myself off the couch and stumbled into the kitchen. I walk in to see Eric quickly moving around to make some food.

"Hey Eric, what are you making?" I asked.

Eric briefly stopped what he was doing to turn his head in my direction. "I'm making Y/f/d/f (Your Favorite Dinner Food)!" Eric cheerfully smiled.

"YES! I love that stuff so much!" I exclaimed.

"Yes Y/n, I know." He walked up to me and poked my forehead. "I'm inside your brain~."

I smile and laughed aloud at Eric's words. Eric slightly backed away and grinned from ear to ear. His face flushed the deepest of red shades, guess he was still in his human form. "Jeez, are you alright Eric?" I asked.

"Please, never stop smiling." Eric blushed. "Whenever you laugh and smile it makes me feel all warm inside!" He admitted while covering his red face with his hands. He seemed a little embarrassed, but also happy at the exact same time.

I smiled at him again. "Okay!" I lightly giggled.

Eric snapped out of his trance and quickly went back to cooking, although every time he'd turned his head ever so slightly, I could see his massive smile and his red face.

I had chosen to dismiss myself and went back into the living room. I sat back down on the couch and waited for Eric to come back.

"Make way! I have fooooooood~." Eric sang as he handed me the plate/bowl. I smiled as I took the plate from his hands. Eric sat down next to me.

"Food is the true key to a woman's heart!" I giggled as I began to eat the food Eric gave me.

Eric fidgeted with his jacket's lining. "G-good to know for when these e-effects wear off..." He stuttered. I've never seen him so nervous, even with the effects of the 'romantic mountain dew', he's still so god damn tense.

I quickly finished up the rest of my food and placed it on the coffee table. The moment the plate/bowl on the table, Eric pulled me into a hug to start cuddling again.

"Alright, Eric, as much as this is really cute, I think you should get off of me now." I sighed.

"Okay! Anything for you!" Eric grinned. Eric slid off the couch onto the floor, he then peaceful sat on the floor beside me until I sat up. I pushed myself off the couch. I glanced at the clock on the wall. 8:52...

"Okay, you oversized Tic-Tac, I'm going to go to sleep," I said as I began to walk upstairs. Eric quickly got off the floor and followed behind me. We both walking into my room and I went to fetch the oversized shirt that I sleep in. I had Eric turn around so that I could change, and I let him turn back when I was done. I slipped into bed and pulled the covers over myself. I slowly started to drift off into sleep, but I was abruptly stopped when I felt a pair of cold, yet warm hands wrap around my waist from behind me.

"E-Eric?"

"Snuggles." He shoved his face in the crook of my neck once more. My face was incredibly hot.

This is going to be amusing when he wakes up tomorrow...

A/N

Alright I have a question:
Should I make these chapters longer? I feel like they've been too short...

I've also been having a bit of writers block rn.

I cri

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 8.8K 27
Things have been going downhill for Jeremy ever since he got rid of the Squip. So after uncovering some long-buried feelings for his Player 1, Jeremy...
14.7K 444 18
Be more chill, reader insert fanfic. You can't stand high school. It gives you massive anxiety and one day you snap and can't take it anymore. A pee...
30.8K 768 19
Y/N L/N, that's you. You're forced to move in with the Mell's after your mom has to go on a business trip for a year and she doesn't want you to be h...
4.4K 132 26
Michael Mell has always had a crush on his best friend Jeremy Heere. Michael just never had the gut to mention it to Jeremy. After the incident with...