Difference

By garicksons

A story of teenager Adonis, living with post traumatic stress disorder, as well as a world of other issues in... More

Disclaimer
1. I like your shoes
2. Teen Connection Club
3. Skylar & Braheim
4. Guitar Playing
5. American Oven
6. The R Word
7. Facetime
8. Christmas Eve
9. Merry Chrithmath
10. Bad, but Fun.
11. CN Tower
12. Dread Head
13. Email
14. Bitch
15. Creative Writing
16. Keith
17. Party
18. Pineapples
19. Pills
20. Six Years Ago
21. I like you
22. Abstinence
23. Breathe
24. Micheal
PSA: dont do this
25. Ice Cubes *TW*
26. Cookies
27. Frozen
backstory
28. Her
29. Ali-bi
30. Freaky
31. Sneak
32. Bruise
33. Loud
34. Swishers
35. Argument.
36. Back Home
37. Comfortable
38. Sidechick
39. Fight
40. Grow
41. Dinnertime
43. Drinks
44. Emotions
45. Sick
46. Abrasive
47. Meeting.
48. Family
49. ♡ Valentine ♡
50. ♡ Valentine pt 2 ♡
51. NYC (Final)
Epilogue: 5 years later
New Books
Q&A
Happy Fall ;)

42. Advice

18.9K 1.3K 1.6K
By garicksons

promised y'all an update so here

Sade (Adonis' mother) »

"I've been married for 5 years almost. When I adopted Farrah and my son they were very young. For the first few years I was with my ex husband...but he did some unspeakable...things. So he's out of my life and theirs." Taylor, Farrah's mother told me.

She'd been here for longer than expected, but I didn't care. It was nice to talk to someone my age with my experiences.

"Wow, I know exactly how you feel. Going through a divorce was especially hard for me, already having a traumatized child and then having to change his life even more."

"It's like we have the same life, Sade." Taylor gasped.

"You went through the same thing? Gosh it's hard. I tried to be there for Adonis the best way I could. I think I went about it in the wrong way though...thankfully, your daughter is seeming to help him feel better about himself."

"They are so great for each other. Usually I don't like Farrah having boyfriends...but your son, he's amazing."

-

Adonis »

When it began to get late, Farrah and her mom went home. After all, we did have school in the morning.

The second they left, my mom came up in my room.

"That was fun, right?"

"Yeah. It was." I said honestly.

"It's a shame that Ed— Adonis." My mom said, staring at me.

"What is that?"

"What is what mom?"

"That! Your neck?! Is that a hickey?!"

I cursed to myself, remembering that before she left Farrah told me that it was there..and to be careful.

"Is it???" She asked.

"No..it's a..rash."

"Adonis-"

"Mom really. I wouldn't do something...like that..."

She rolled her eyes and left my room.

She believed that, right?

The next morning went like normal, with my mom no longer mad at Eden and I..she was back taking us to school.

The first few periods of the day went on like any Monday, until finally it was it was the last period of the day. For me it was chemistry.

When I sat down, I noticed Sebastian across the classroom. Before I wouldn't give him a second thought...but now..I don't know how I feel about that guy.

I guess he noticed me look at him, because he got up and walked over to me.

Oh no.

"Hey Adonis, I heard through the uh grapevine, that you and Farrah are together. Is that true?" He laughed.

Why was Sebastian and the grapevine even discussing Farrah and I?

"Yeah..it is."

"Oh. Really? Damn, good for you two." He said, sounding a little surprised.

He sat in the empty seat next to me.

"I've been talking to her a lot...well I'm sure you've noticed. Listen I don't want no problems bro, I had no idea about y'all two."

"It's fine..."

"You sure? I wasn't tryna disrespect you or nothing."

"Y-Yeah I'm sure. Don't worry about it." I told him.

I guess he's not so bad.

"So. How long you two been together?"

"Uh...just a few weeks."

"How's it going?"

"Pretty good I guess. I'm trying my best,
I don't exactly know how to be a boyfriend." I said, sharing a bit too much.

Most times I kept things to myself. But from being so comfortable with talking to Farrah, sometimes I find myself with more words coming out than what should.

"I feel you. She's your first girlfriend, so it's hard. Hey..I could give you advice if you want?" He offered.

"Really?"

There were a lot of times where I felt I had no idea what I was doing when it came to Farrah. A lot of girls like Sebastian..so maybe his advice could help me.

"Sure. The key to being a great boyfriend is.....control."

"Control?"

"Yeah. Girls like being controlled."

"Uh...are you sure?"

"Definitely sure."

Farrah didn't seem too fond of being controlled by anyone, but then again I don't know anything about having a girlfriend. I'm sure I have a lot of room for improvement.

"That's just kind of...bad, right?"

"Adonis who's the relationship expert here? You or me?" He laughed.

"You.."

"So if you wanna keep Farrah, take my advice. You need control."

"How do I do that?"

"Tell her what to do and what not to. Tell her where she can go and where she can't."

"That sounds kind of mean, Sebastian. I'm not her parent."

"Trust me. I know what girls want. Like most girls, Farrah wants a stern guy. You're kind of...soft."

"I..I guess I am...soft."

"So don't forget what I told you. Be stern."

Farrah»

"Adonis! Hi!" I greeted Adonis, at our usual spot during dismissal.

"Hey Farrah." He said, barely looking me in the eye.

Something is on his mind, but now isn't the time to bother him about it.

"I talked to my earlier. Of course she loves your mom. And because I'm back on my mom's good side and she trusts me, I can go to my cousin's party-"

"No." Adonis said, looking down.

"No..what?"

"No, you can't go."

"Why can't I?" I laughed, assuming he was joking.

"Because..you can't."

"Why's that, Don?"

"Farrah I said no-"

"Adonis. I suggest you stop speaking right now. Who are you talking to like that? Cause it can't be me."

"I..don't know. I thought girls liked that."

"Like what?"

"Being controlled."

"Adonis— I almost slapped you. Please, do not ever try and control me. Okay?"

"But Sebastian told me that's what girls want."

"You know me, and you know what I want. So don't let somebody make you think differently. What exactly did Sebastian say?"

"He asked me if I wanted relationship advice, which I of course said yes to. And he said girls like stern and controlling guys."

"Don..I get the feeling that he was purposely trying to get you to say the wrong thing."

"You think so Farrah? He seemed like he was being nice." Adonis shrugged.

"At first, sure. But Don that advice is bad..it couldn't have been simple miscommunication."

"I guess...he wanted me to mess up..so he could-"

"We shouldn't theorize about it, you're gonna get yourself worked up. How about both of us just stop talking to him? Completely."

"Okay..I guess."

Adonis »

I'd let my mom know that she didn't need to get me from school. St this point, I prefer Eden. When I got in the car I noticed Adam in the car with him, indicating that they'd skipped school last period.

"Why you look so sad buddy?" Adam said as I got in the car.

"This guy is trying to take my girlfriend!" I exclaimed frustratedly.

"Woah woah. What happened?" Eden asked me.

"It started out with Farrah. She gave him her number."

"Don there's nothing wrong with giving out your number-" Eden began before being interrupted by Adam.

"That's your problem Eden. If you know someone's intent is to date you, you DON'T give them your number...you have a whole significant other." Adam said, scolding Eden rather than talking to me.

"Aw here you go again. It was one girl Adam."

"I don't give a damn how many it was-"

They broke out into one of those petty arguments they tend to have. That's when I realized..maybe Eden isn't the best guy to get advice from.

"Adonis I know Farrah likes you a lot. Don't worry about that fuck boy who wants her. Shit just about everyone wants her." Eden laughed. "I mean, she cute, smart, nice body-"

"That's enough." Both Adam and I said at the same time.

"I'm just saying, you can't avoid guys liking her. And Adam, you can't avoid girls liking me. I mean come on, look at me."

Adam rolled his eyes, but there was a smile on his face.

"How about this, to get your mind off of it..come to a party with me and Adam tonight."

"Eden you know I don't like parties-"

"You never will until you go to one. Just try it out, we'll be there with you. Smoke a blunt, maybe have a drink and you'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah bro, I'm sure.."

a/n:
I got more coming! Thanks for being patient.

Party???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88 8 10
A depressed girl who goes to a boarding school falls in love with the new student. Possible !TW! contains subjects as bullying, self-harm ,actions...
Dysmorphia By rahma

Teen Fiction

226K 11.1K 48
"Possibly one of the best books I have ever read." "This is the best book I've read on Wattpad. I'm not lying." "This was the most beautifully writte...
215 40 12
A journey of mental health recovery plus romance between two boys, detailing recovery from different kinds of self harm and different kind of trauma...
3.1K 55 56
A young girl rises to stardom and finds true love amidst battling mental issues caused by a traumatic past. **DISCLAIMER** This is in no way reflecti...