The other side | OBX

By blurrvision

In which a kook and a pogue need to sort out their feelings in the midst of a treasure hunt JJ x OC Outer ba... More

Part I
02- the aftermath
03 - keggers
04 - family affair
05 - the boat
06 - gunshot
07 - intruder
08 - talks on the dock
09 - redfield lighthouse
10 - cemetery
11 - emotional support
12 - history
13 - confessions
14 - french toast
15 - the dropoff
16 - the merchant
17 - my light
18 - flashbacks
19- reality check
20 - movie night
21 - innocent
22 - surprise
23 - midsummers
24 - hawks nest
25 - sickness
26 - breakups
27 - colossal damage
28 - regret
29 - vistor
30 - gold shenanigans
31- reconcile
32 - sonogram photos
33 - the truth
34 - breakdown
35 - Grief
36 - lookout
37 - while you were asleep
38 - distraction
39 - prison break
40 - the phantom
41 - down we go
Part II
42 - memorial
43 - soaked
44 - p4l
45 - constriction
46 - 007
47 - the gun
48 - rain
49 - drainwater
50 - powder room
51 - Alora
52 - homecoming
53 - words of wisdom
54 - hiding
55 - surrender
56 - idiot
57- deja vu
58 - the key
59 - limbrey

01 - the storm

22.1K 267 30
By blurrvision

✧✧✧

"How much damage do you think Agatha will cause?" I manage to mumble in between bites of popcorn and Sarah glances from the movie to me. "Not sure but my dad said it's supposed to be bad. I wouldn't be surprised if we woke up and there was a tree in our kitchen."

"That bad huh. Well let's hope not, I'm afraid my mother might reek havoc on half the neighborhood if our internet shuts off." I joke and a smile spreads across my best friends face.

I had been friends with Sarah since sixth grade when
I was sat next to her in class. We immediately hit it off and we have been inseparable since. Today was no different. She had invited me over earlier today after we had helped some people in our neighborhood prepare for the storm. I didn't really feel like going home so instead I was just going to stay at Sarah's for the night, it's not like it really mattered to my parents anyway. I'm pretty sure they didn't even notice I was missing.

"I can see your mom doing that." Sarah laughed which made a small smile crack across my face. "I swear if you don't get that tree out of our house I'll do it myself!" She scrunched up her nose in an attempt of mimicking my mother which just sent us both into a fit of laughter.

"Why is that something I can actually see her saying!" I manage to get out in between laughs as Sarah nods, gasping for air. "I don't know, cause your parents are lunatics? In a good way though, I swear. They get shit done."

I feel my smile fade slightly as I'm pulled back to yesterday. "Why are you such a disappointment Delilah!?" My father sighs right before his hand connects with my face. "It should have been you that day. You and I know that."

"Hey are you alright Li? You spaced off for a second there." I hear Sarah say and I push the memory away before meeting her worried gaze. "Yeah I'm fine. Just a little tired. Do you think we can turn the movie off and go to bed?"  I ask and I can tell she isn't buying into my lie but she nods anyways, turning off the tv.

After a few minutes of silence I feel her turn to me before whispering, "You know you can trust me with anything right?"

"Yeah I know." I whisper back but deep down I know it's a lie. If Sarah knew the things that were swirling around in my head, god knows what she would do.

The sun was the first thing that I saw when I opened my eyes the next morning, followed quickly by Sarah's tanned arm right in my face. "Sarah get off of me or I will push you off of this bed." I threaten, my voice raspy from just waking up. "Sorry," I hear her groan before her arm disappears back to her side of the bed and I sit up.

"I should head out, my mom is expecting me home soon." The lie slips off my tongue so easily and Sarah nods, still half asleep. "Okay, tell the Covey's that I need you back later today. We're going to be saving some mice."

It takes almost everything in me not to laugh as I nod back at her, "Will do Cameron." The only thing I get as a response is the sound of the light snoring coming from my best friend.

I quickly grab my backpack and change into a pair of jean shorts and a grey crop top before I slip on my purple vans and open her window, climbing out and landing swiftly on the grass below. It was the easiest way to avoid Rafe and his insults toward me, so what if it hurts my ankles a little? It was 100% worth it. Rafe never really seemed to like me that much and that was not going to change anytime soon.

It wasn't that far of a bike ride from where Sarah lived in figure eight to where I was heading so I didn't even bother dropping off my stuff at my house. Not many people were up at this time so I could really see the damage that Agatha did to the island, especially in the cut. There were tree branches scattered everywhere, some even in people's houses.

"Pretty bad huh?" I hear someone say behind me as I'm examining the tree the had completely unrooted itself in the yard and I whip around to see exactly who I came here for in the first place. "JJ!" I exclaim, as he embraces me into a tight hug and I can feel him laughing through the vibrations of his chest.

"Shh be quiet, John B is still sleeping and I don't want him waking up to see me talking to a kook." I playfully scoff, pulling away from his grasp, "The same kook who rode all the way to the chateau to see you, so show her some respect."

"But also made me get up early to see her, that kook I'm a little upset at." He groaned and I raised an eyebrow but before I could say anything we both hear a door slam behind us. "JJ what is Delilah Covey doing on my property." John B asks and I can feel all the color leave my faces I glance at JJ. It doesn't take that long before JJ and John B burst into a fit of laughter, leaving me completely confused.

Then I realize, "Oh my god, you asshole," I lean over shoving JJ, my green eyes darkening, "You told him!"

"Not necessarily." "It was an accident." Both blurt out at the same time and then proceed to glance at each other wide eyed. "He let it slip while we were surfing the serge." John B shrugs and I feel my jaw fall open a little bit.

"You surfed the serge without me!" I exclaim, sending daggers JJ's way, livid with rage. "You were with Sarah, why does it matter anyways?"

"It matters because not only can I surf circles around  John B but also that those must have been wicked waves, and I missed them." I sigh, crossing my arms in front of my chest. I glance at John, who looks completely taken aback.

"What do you mean 'surf circles around me'? I didn't know a kook like you could surf?" He makes direct eye contact with JJ who nods. "She's better than Ki." He mumbles and a satisfying smile spreads across my face.

"Bullshit." John B scoffs and I raise my eyebrows as JJ's gaze drops to the dirt on his feet. "JJ would know, that's how we met."

A look of confusion crosses onto John B's face and I feel JJ completely avoiding my gaze. "What exactly did JJ say about me last night?"

"That you two were sleeping together." John B answers flatly, kicking a rock towards the fallen tree. My eye flash to JJ's as I step forward and shove him, sending him stumbling backwards. "JJ what the hell!"

"I'm sorry okay it just kind of slipped out. Pouges don't lie to pogues." I roll my eyes as JJ regains his balance, returning to his spot next to a very uncomfortable John B. "Didn't stop you before." I mumble underneath my breath but John B catches it.

"How long has this been going on?" He points in between us and I sigh. "Six months but we started talking nine months ago." His eyes widen.

"You're telling me that you guys have been hanging out for nine months without anyone knowing." John B leads on and both JJ and I nod. "Okay I'm impressed. I didn't think JJ could keep a secret that long."

JJ opens his mouth to defend himself but before he can I cut in, "Please don't tell Pope or Kiara. I think Ki might actually kill me if she knew. She already doesn't like that I'm still friends with Sarah. I really don't want to find out what she would do if she knew that this was happening." I gesture in between JJ and I as he runs his hand down his face.

"I won't. But you owe me one Covey. Now JJ and I need to go out, since the storm did so much damage it's prime time for fishing." I shake my head before nodding, walking to my bike. "See you guys around." With that they jump into the HMS Pogue and I push off on my pedals, riding back to figure eight.

✧✧✧
This is only the beginning.
This is more of an intro to
JJ and del's "relationship"
but expect more plot in the
upcoming chapters. I'm really
excited about this book and
where I want to take it.
Also I really like how I can
bridge the kook and the
pogue side together.
Well I hope you enjoy and
expect a new chapter in
the next couple days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.5M 49.6K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
231K 9.8K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
105K 3.8K 35
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024