Life of the Party ✔️||Hitoshi...

By Cookie_Monster_427

"Why did you pick me up?" I asked again, Shinso pulled the car over somewhere I didn't recognize. We were in... More

~Playlist~
~Prologue~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
I Got Bored
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Epilogue~
Other Books

~Chapter 12~

10.3K 493 607
By Cookie_Monster_427

Shinso did not look happy when Hideyo pulled into his driveway that following Saturday. I could see his eye roll as he left the house before making his way over.

It was obvious he had never been to a party before since he was wearing black sweatpants and a normal white muscle shirt. Now that I thought about it, it was what he always wore whenever we hung out. My observation begged the question, does this dude ever change?

(He does but the author just likes the idea of Shinso in a muscle shirt... I'll go back to my corner now.)

The answer was probably yes, he seemed too organized and cleanly to never change, but I still found it amusing.

"Hey, Shinso," I greeted as he got in the car.

My cold was leaving, only leaving me with a few untimely voice cracks and sneezes here and there.

I could see him trying to hold in a groan, "Hello."

"So you're, Shinso?" Hideyo asked and it hit me, She's going to embarrass me. "I've been wanting to meet the guy (Y/N) been talking so much about."

The comment was enough to make me send her a glare but she just smiled and sent an amused wink in a response.

I didn't say anything because at this point I could only make it worse for myself. Besides, if I showed her I was embarrassed then she would only do it again.

"Is that so?" I could hear the arrogance in his tone, hell, I could almost smell the arrogance.

"Yeah, cause we have nothing better to talk about," I replied sarcastically, hoping some dry humor would save me.

I shot a look at Hideyo again, she managed to get him to convey an emotion besides annoyance in record time. It took me longer than that, but to be fair, I was hungover and woke up in a stranger's house.

"So you go to UA?" Hideyo asked, which seemed like an innocent attempt at a conversation, but I knew where she was going with it.

"Yeah," his gaze shifted to me and I watched him in the rearview mirror curiously, what snarky thing could he say now, "Watch the Sports Festival?"

"Yup, too bad you got out to that green haired kid," I teased and he glared at me through the mirror. It didn't seem like a joking glare, it took me longer than it should've to realize I struck a nerve.

"Yeah, it was cool and all that... but," Hideyo slowed the car to a stop as the light turned red. The perfect moment for her to turn around and give him her infamous smile, "Got any friends? Like, guy friends."

I smacked her arm, "You're dating Tony."

"I'm keeping my options open," she shrugged, giving me a flick in return. Hideyo turned just in time to press the gas.

I shot her a dirty look that was only half joking, "Cheating it pretty scummy."

"I wasn't serious, you know that," she glanced back at Shinso, "But I am serious about that friends thing."

"No body you would want to talk to," he replied illusively. I wasn't sure if he was being transparent because my comment upset him or because he was just being himself.

In the end I chalked it up to both.

"I'm a pretty social person," Hideyo replied, swerving a little to miss a squirrel. "Try me."

He rolled his eyes, "He's an idiot."

"I love idiots, they make me feel smart," she shot back, "At least tell me his name."

"Kaminari," Shinso said somewhat blandly.

"That electric kid is your friend?" This time it was my turn to be shocked, "Damn, he went pretty fast against the girl with vines."

He chuckled from the backseat, most likely enjoying the fact we were talking about someone else's loss instead of his own, "More like he considers us friends."

"Aww, are you antisocial at school too?" I teased with a shit eating grin.

"No, just decided half those people aren't worth my time," he replied simply and factually.

"So how did this one get you to come with us if you're so antisocial?" Hideyo asked curiously, giving me a sidelong look and mouthing UA Babe.

"She annoyed me into it," Shinso complained behind us, I turned around to give him a glare.

"You didn't put up that much of a fight," I argued, trying my best to not get carsick while facing backwards.

"Because I knew you were too stubborn to give up," he scoffed.

I gave him a don't try me look, "Don't turn this around on me, you gave up."

"I don't give up," he contrasted returning my look, "I just simply read the situation, think of the outcomes, and pick the path that requires the least amount of work."

"So you decided to come to a party so you wouldn't have to deal with an argument?" Hideyo butted in and I turned to face the road again after feeling a headache and queasy stomach forming.

"You would've showed up anyway," he grumbled, turning to glare out the window. "And don't grill me for going to a party you wanted to me to attend."

Hideyo and I shared a laugh, "Sorry," she apologized for the both of us since I wouldn't have done it. "Is this your first party."

"Yeah," he grumbled again and I put my hand over my mouth to stop a laugh from coming out.

"I'm going to warn you, it can get pretty loud," Hideyo coached, sharply turning once she realized she almost missed the correct street.

"I hate it when you drive," I mumbled under my breath, unaware she could hear me.

Hideyo turned to me with a sickly sweet smile, "Then get your license."

"Why don't you have your license?" Shinso asked. I wasn't sure if he was trying to be condescending but it wouldn't have surprised me if he was.

I frowned, "I have my temps so I could be driving right now..." I trailed off with a sigh, "I ran over a bird and I can't bring myself to drive again," I said the second part in one breath.

"You won't drive because of a dead bird?" Shinso asked.

"She's weird, hates big animals but the small ones... she's all over those," Hideyo teased from beside me, I couldn't resist smacking her again.

"It was a bird! I could hear the thunk and when we got out there was blood on the car," I reminisced horribly. "I don't wanna kill anything else!"

I could hear Shinso trying to stifle laughter, "Did you clean it off?"

"My mom did..." I trailed off shamefully. "I can't touch blood."

"I always forget how squeamish you are," Hideyo thought aloud.

"So I'm guessing horror isn't your thing," Shinso observed and I glanced at him through the mirror. He's enjoying this way to much now that it's at my expense.

I cringed, "No, I hate it. Especially those slasher films."

I could almost hear the gears turning in Shinso's brain as he thought of his revenge, "That'll be payback, you make me go to a party, you'll watch a slasher film with me."

I groaned, "Fine, but only because I better get food out of this."

"Fine," Shinso rolled his eyes.

"You two are interesting," Hideyo commented as she pulled between two cars, "Can't wait to see what that brings," she pointed to a house who's lawn was already covered in beer bottles and I could see some embers from some not-so-well stomped out cigarettes.

I heard Shinso groan behind us for what seemed like the millionth time, "I can't believe you guys enjoy this."

Party is gonna be next chapter. I decided to be nice and update again considering writers block has left and I should get this book going.

And I haven't updated in a while, well yesterday and then like two weeks ago.

Anyway thanks for reading, I kinda wanted to do a QnA so I am gonna do one! If you want just leave a question, I'll pick ten total. (If there are that many) and I'll do it in a AN at the bottom of a chapter so I won't even post a separate part for it.

I know these past two chapters have been a lot of banter between characters but the good shit is coming, trust me. I have DRAMA planned out.

Anyway thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 16.5K 31
Y/N Bakugou. Katsuki Bakugous little sister. She hated it. Everyone seemed to expect so highly of her, who could handle that much pressure. As well a...
1M 63.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
37.7K 723 28
مراح اوصف القصه انتو اقروها واكتبولي بالتعليق الوصف مناسب للقصه
3.4K 151 5
IN WHICH, they always found each other. No matter what. Barry Allen x OC Cover made by @llunaetic