Never Make A Promise

By allise_K

Hayley Davidson was taken away from her father by her mother when she was five years old. He promised she wou... More

Never Make A Promise
Never Make A Promise 2
Never Make A Promise 4
Never Make A Promise 5
Never Make A Promise 6
Never Make A Promise 7
Never Make A Promise 8
Never Make A Promise 9
Never Make A Promise 10
Never Make A Promise 11
Never Make A Promise 12
Never Make A Promise 13
Never Make A Promise 14
Never Make A Promise 15
Never Make A Promise 16
Never Make A Promise 17
Never Make A Promise 18
Never Make A Promise 19
Never Make A Promise 20
Never Make A Promise 21
Never Make A Promise 22
Never Make A Promise 23
Never Make A Promise 24
Never Make A Promise 25
Never Make A Promise 26
Never Make A Promise 27
Never Make A Promise 28
Never Make A Promise 29
Never Make A Promise 30
Never Make A Promise 31
Never Make A Promise 32
Never Make A Promise 33
Never Make A Promise 34
Never Make A Promise 35
Never Make A Promise 36
Never Make A Promise 37
Never Make A Promise 38
Never Make A Promise 39
Never Make A Promise 40
Never Make A Promise 41
Never Make A Promise 42 part 1
Never Make A Promise 42 part 2
Never Make A Promise 43
Never Make A Promise 44
Never Make A Promise 45
Never Make A Promise 46
Never Make A Promise epilogue

Never Make A Promise 3

24.8K 385 24
By allise_K

Okay, I didn't want to upload today, but since this is late as it is, I decided to just upload today anyway. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It was snowing outside. I looked up and smiled as the flakes fell down and melted as soon as they hit my skin. I loved snow, but I hated that it had to be cold out for snow to come and stay. I twirled around until something caught my attention. It was Davidson Manor. I was standing right in front of it, staring at one thing in particular. My father. He was standing on the porch with his back turned toward me.

"Dad?" I whispered. He stiffened then turned toward me.

"Hayley?" his lips formed my name, but I know it wasn't his voice. It was too feminine. I was confused. My father didn't have a female voice.

"Hayley!" Joyce called, waking me up. I lifted my head from my pillow. It was just a dream and Joyce interrupted it. I sighed and answered her.

"I'm up!" I called back.

"Just checking! Your alarm didn't go off!" she said. That's because I was looking forward to 'accidentally' sleeping in and missing school. Kill joy, I thought. I lazily got up and rubbed at my eyes and got dressed. Jordan called just as I stepped in the kitchen.

"I'm here, girly," he said.

"I'll be right out," I said. I hung up and grabbed an apple.

"I'll pick you up after school today," Joyce said. "There's something we need to talk about."

"Okay," I said, taking a bite from my apple. "Are you not going to work?"

"No, I have the day off," she said. "Now get before Jordan decides to take off without you," she said. I smirked and headed out. Jordan pulled out of the driveway after I got in.

"I saw Joyce was still there," he said.

"Yeah, she's got the day off. She said that she's going to pick me up after school. There's something that we need to talk about," I said.

"What?"

"I don't know. She didn't tell me," I mumbled.

"DUN DUN DAN!" he exclaimed. I laughed.

"You dork," I smiled.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you that Damon asked about you," he said suddenly.

"Damon?"

"The new kid?"

"Oh, him?" I said. I completely forgot about the new kid. Shows you how much I paid attention to him.

"Yes, him. I think he likes you," he said, glancing over at me.

"Psh, he doesn't know me," I said.

"Maybe if you let him know you," he said.

"Uh...yeah not gonna happen," I said.

"Good. He seems like a douche," he muttered. I laughed.

"Oh, Jordan, how I love your kindness," I teased.

"I'm the nicest person you know," he teased back.

"Oh yeah," I said sarcastically. "You're a saint."

"You got that right," he laughed. We joked and laughed all the way to school where we pulled in the parking lot and got out. I sighed at the sight of the group of girls in front of the school, probably waiting for Damon. I squinted and saw Aliyah talking excitedly to Mattie. I shook my head and walked up toward them with Jordan by my side. Aliyah saw us and waved us over by her and Mattie.

"Come over here guys!" she shouted.

"I'm good, thanks!" I called back.

"Don't be a spoiled sport!"

"I'm freezing, bye!" I shouted. She waved and turned her attention to the black SUV that just pulled into the parking lot. Damon got out of the car and started walking toward the group of girls. I rolled my eyes and walked with Jordan inside the school.

"That was kinda ridiculous," Jordan said.

"Tell me about it. So," I began, in a desperate attempt to change the subject. "Are you and Seth allowed back in Chemistry?"

"About that...."

"You were planning on ditching."

"It's not like that's a BAD thing to do, per say."

"Ditching isn't a bad thing to do?"

"Uh, it is not."

"Jordan, you're in enough trouble as it is. I think you can go without ditching," I said.

"But- but, Seth is gonna ditch, too!"

"Seth is not going to ditch."

"How do you know?" Seth asked, coming up to my other side.

"Because I will kill you if you do," I told them both. They looked down at the ground, defeated.

"Fine," they both mumbled.

"That's what I thought," I said. We walked around the school until the bell rang and I practically dragged Jordan and Seth to first hour.

"I DON'T WANNA GO!" Jordan said, clinging for dear life on the door.

"ME NEITHER!" Seth exclaimed, hanging on to Jordan's arm.

"Just quit being babies and get in!" I shouted, pulling Seth by his waist.

"Do I want to know what's going on here?" Mr. Adams asked, coming in the doorway. I let go of Seth and both he and Jordan fell forward and I covered my mouth with my hand to keep myself from laughing so hard. Mr. Adams rolled his eyes and stepped over them into the classroom.

"Ow," Jordan mumbled against the floor.

"That's what you get," I taunted, going to my seat before the bell rang. Jordan and Seth got up and came to their seats, giving me evil eyes the whole trip over. I just smiled back at them, which only bugged them more.

"Oh, come on. You know it was funny," I teased. They rolled their eyes and then it was my turn to roll my eyes when Damon came in the room just as the bell rang. He scanned over all the girls until his eyes fell on mine again. I quickly looked away just like I did yesterday. I made a mistake of looking over at Seth, who was making a heart with his hands. Then he pointed from Damon to me and then to his heart. I flipped him off.

"Now that's not nice at all now is it?" he asked. Damon took his seat by me as Mr. Adams went on with his usual rant of safety tips before we did labs. This time, he mentioned fires while Seth and Jordan snickered and gave each other high fives.

"Let's get to work people," the teacher said, letting us get to work. I yawned and looked at our lab directions. Damon carelessly started grabbing vile after vile, pouring a chemical in each of them.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Pouring chemicals," he answered casually. "Wanna go out with me?"

"Why? And no," I said, taking the vile he had away. He looked at me and I stopped myself from swooning. I'll admit that he's gorgeous, but that didn't stop me from seeing how much of a douche bag he was.

"I felt like it and why not?" he said.

"That's a stupid reason and because," I replied, getting out the supplies we needed.

"Whatever and because is not an answer," he said.

"It is in my book."

"It's not in mine."

"Don't care."

"Why won't you go out with me?"

"Why do you want me to?" I asked, completely aware that Seth and Jordan were tuned into the conversation along with every other girl in the class. I know all the girls thought I was crazy for rejecting him, but it made perfect sense to me.

"You don't swoon every time you see me, you're completely and absolutely gorgeous, and you have a very feisty personality," he said. I fought the blush that was rising up, looked down at the lab sheet and acted not even the least bit phased. I raised an eyebrow and cleared my throat.

"Well, find some other girl who's like that," I said.

"I'm looking at the only girl that I want," he whispered in my ear. The warmth of his breath in my ear sent shivers down my spine. That's what he wants Hayley, I thought. That's what he wants.

"Very flattering. Let's get to work," I said.

"Did that get you at all?"

"Nope," I lied. It sounded believable. Hopefully he would leave me alone now.

"Oh, well," he shrugged. "I'm just going to have to try harder."

Damon said he was going to try harder and he did. He went as far as putting his arm around me in the hallway. I swear it was more like he was stalking me than crushing on me. It's not even a real crush he had on me. It was more of a fascination for the only girl in the school who doesn't drool over him. Whenever he wasn't following me around, he was hitting on other girls. He really was the arrogant jerk I thought he was. Joyce, as promised, picked me up after school and took me to the Starbucks downtown. We got Cinnamon Dulce Lattes and sat down at a corner table by the window. She stirred at her drink and I watched her curiously. She looked nervous about something.

"Joyce?" I asked. She jumped a little.

"Huh?" she asked, a little out of it.

"What's up?" I asked.

"What's up?" she repeated.

"This morning you said that you wanted to talk about something?" I pressed.

"Oh, um that," she said.

"Yes, that," I replied. "What is the 'that', you were referring to?"

"It's something that I found out about yesterday at work. Well, something I came across," she began.

"And..."

"Hayley," she sighed. "How would you feel about meeting your father?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 1.6K 17
Regina wishes to track down her biological father. So, following her eighteenth birthday, she flies from New York to England to look for him, armed o...
121K 5.8K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
112K 4.4K 50
!!!TRAILER ATTACHED!!! Formally known as 'The Bad Boy Made Me Stronger' READ FULL DESCRIPTION PLEASE, THANK YOU 💕 *41 chapters* "who are you?" he as...
64.8K 2.6K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.