Married to the Mob: Fighting...

By tufano79

Edward "The Boss" Cullen and his wife, Bella, survived hell and back. They are looking toward the future, whi... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Eight

1.2K 28 5
By tufano79

As always, none of this is mine. This belongs to Stephenie Meyer. I just like to dabble in the playground she created.

Up next will be Christmas, their anniversary and the baby christening. Also, what do you think will happen with Detective Maas and Renee?

Chapter Eight

Bella

I was sitting on the floor, organizing the abundance of Christmas presents underneath our tree. The thing was, they were not underneath our tree. They were spread out, covering half of our living room. All of them were gifts for Charlie. My son was going to be spoiled. He was the first-born grandson of the Cullen family. He deserved every one of these gifts and then some.

"Where's Mommy, Charlie?" Edward crooned.

"I'm buried underneath mounds of presents," I snickered, trying to make more room in the living room. I looked up, seeing Edward carrying Charlie at his chest, facing out. "These are all for you, kid."

He babbled, reaching for me. Edward crouched down and I took Charlie from his arms, nuzzling my son and holding him to my chest. "This is a lot of fucking presents."

"Language, Edward," I chided, maneuvering Charlie so he was sitting against my chest and facing Edward. "And how many did you purchase for our son?"

"Roughly this half of the room," Edward snickered, moving some gifts to sit down.

"I've been doing some thinking since the doctor's appointment earlier this week," I said, leaning against the couch as Edward sat down across from me. "You recommended a nanny."

"I want you to have the freedom to do what you need to do. Charlie is a good baby. A very good baby. We've been very lucky, but it's an adjustment, that's for sure," Edward said, massaging my bare feet with his hands. "Do you want a nanny?"

"A part time nanny," I said. "Maybe three days a week, at most. And only working in Chicago. I don't want a nanny to know where we live. This is our sanctuary away from the violence and I don't want to open up our home to some stranger who could possibly hurt us. With the condo, we have the Fortress below and security guards at the entrance. I want this to be my Christmas present."

"We'll also need to set up a nursery in the condo, too," Edward said.

"We have more than enough furniture and décor for a second nursery in the condo," I snickered. "I have what I want pulled aside. We just need to change my old room, when we first started dating into a nursery. I've got some ideas on my computer. With Emmett's contractors and connections with builders, we can have the nursery up in a couple of weeks."

"I'll make all of the arrangements, dolce," Edward smiled. "Does this mean you're going back to work with Emmett?"

"That, along with helping you find some new recruits for the organization, Edward," I smirked. "You need to have men who are willing to die and kill for you, Edward. That means you need men who are loyal."

"They may not want to speak to my wife," Edward said, wrinkling his nose.

"Understandable, but I could create a questionnaire to create a psychological profile where you could weed out men who are not loyal to the Consortium or who aren't willing to do the 'dirty work' of the organization," I said. "They'll be nondescript questions, but open-ended. It will leave room for interpretation and you can choose an inner circle tailor-made to your specifications."

"Do you know that you're brilliant?" Edward breathed, staring at me lovingly. I blushed, hiding behind Charlie who had nodded off. "You are, Bella."

"I want to have a long marriage to you, Edward," I whispered, kissing my son's soft, wispy hair. "I love you and I want you to be there for Charlie and any future children we have."

"You want more children?" Edward asked.

"Not soon, but I'd like more. A girl would be great," I snickered. "I'm surprised your mother didn't lose her shit with you, Emmett and Carlisle. You guys are the holy trinity of masculinity, I swear."

"Um, wow," Edward laughed. "The 'holy trinity of masculinity.' That is quite the descriptor, Bella."

"The three of you are gorgeous. Your beauty comes out in different ways. With Emmett, it's his eyes and his calm demeanor. He can also diffuse a situation with humor and candor. He's strong, loyal and loves his family fiercely. He was wonderful when you were taken by Royce and Stephan. I think he kept me together more so than your dad," I explained. I placed Charlie on the floor and he yawned. "Your father is elegant, with a cool confidence, but deadly."

"What you saw at the showdown with my uncle was nothing compared to what he's capable of," Edward murmured.

"He shot you to kill his brother," I shuddered. "My heart shattered when it happened. Seeing both of you fall? I was afraid I'd lost you."

"Obviously, you didn't," he breathed, moving closer to me and pulling me into his arms.

"Out of the three of you, you are the most handsome," I whispered, leaning my head against his chest while we watched our baby sleep, innocent and content to be with both of his parents.

"As you are the most beautiful woman," he murmured, nuzzling my temple and holding me close to his body. "You are the embodiment of goodness and love, Bella. I'm so lucky that you're mine." His green eyes shimmered behind his glasses and I could see the love in them. His expression was soft, making my heart flutter with his tenderness. Trailing his fingers along my jaw. I shivered, inching closer to him. We'd made love all over this house, but this moment was so intimate, so loving.

So perfect.

"I should get Charlie to bed," I whispered, overwhelmed by the emotions I was feeling.

"He's fine for now. I just want to hold you. Tomorrow, things are going to be hectic with Christmas Eve, midnight mass and Christmas Day," Edward said, holding me in his lap. "A few more minutes."

"It's not going to be a big to-do, like last year?" I asked. "I swear I needed name tags for all the family we had come in."

"Just immediate family. My parents, Emmett, Jasper, Alice, Uncle Jimmy, Sue, Leah and Seth. Though, I think Seth will be with Claire, spending time with her family," Edward answered. "Jacob, Liam and Felix will be celebrating with a few of the other guys in the garage apartment."

"What about the extended family? Nina? Anthony? Their children?" I questioned.

"Visiting Nina's family in Passaic," Edward chuckled. "And Lauren was invited to Christmas with us. She's unable to come since she's going out to the suburbs to be with her sister who just had a baby. Emmett may duck out early, but we'll see." He sighed against my hair, slipping his fingers underneath my sweater and caressed my skin just above my leggings. I shivered, sliding my arm around his stomach. "Mrs. Cope will be here early, as will my mother and your uncle."

"Which means I need to be up early," I grumbled.

"Bella, they're coming to make life easier for you. You focus on Charlie. I'll work with them," Edward said. "You've done so much and you deserve to be pampered."

"Edward, I love you, but cooking is still not one of your strengths," I snickered. "You can barely handle a bottle."

"I may not be able to cook, but I can set the table and get what they need. You get to sleep in," he smirked.

"I won't be able to sleep in. If Charlie doesn't wake me up, my tits will," I sighed, palming my boobs.

"That's why Alice bought us that expensive breast pump," Edward chuckled. "Just relax tomorrow."

"Okay," I nodded, kissing his lips softly. "I'll gladly hand over the reins to your mother, Mrs. Cope, and Uncle Jimmy." I yawned and stood up. Edward gently scooped up Charlie, handing him to me. Balancing him against my chest, I took Edward's hand after he stood up and we went upstairs, enjoying the calm before the holiday storm.

xx MOTM:FFF xx

Edward

"It's really coming down," Jimmy said as he bounced Charlie in his arms. "I already told Sue to stay at the house unless it stops. She hates driving in the snow."

"I think we should forego midnight mass," Mom said from her perch at the counter. She was cutting up fresh parsley for the meatballs. "According to the weather channel, we're supposed to get over a foot of snow by nightfall and another seven or eight inches overnight."

"Truly a white Christmas," I said, sipping my coffee. When I woke up with Charlie, I saw the snow and sent a text to Mrs. Cope. I didn't want her coming to the house with this huge Christmas snow storm. "How's the renovations for your new restaurant, Jimmy?"

"The Blue Swan is coming together. The interior is nearly done and I'm working with the contractor to make the kitchen state of the art," Jimmy beamed. "I'm also working on the menu. Obviously, things will change with each season because I'm planning on creating recipes, farm to table. I want to make sure that I'm being ecologically mindful. I'm trying to reduce my carbon footprint."

"So, you're going vegan?" Mom giggled.

"I will be offering vegan options on the menu, along with gluten free. However, I love beef. Give me a perfectly cooked steak and I'm a happy camper. I've tried vegan food and ..." he wrinkled his nose, shuddering. "The only thing I've tolerated was 'pulled pork' made out of jackfruit. It was decent, but a bit sweet."

"Sounds interesting," I deadpanned. "Does it taste like pork?"

"With enough seasoning and barbeque sauce, it was a passable substitute," Jimmy smirked. "Have you decided when you're having the christening for this little one?"

"We made arrangements to have a private christening on January 25th," I replied. "Normally, they'd christen a child during mass, but with the number of people we want to invite, it would be best to have a private ceremony. Then, we'll have our meal at The Blue Swan afterward."

"That gives me a month to finish the renovations and solidify the menu. Anything you want or don't want?" Jimmy asked, putting Charlie into his swing.

"No pulled jackfruit," I snickered.

"Agreed," Mom said. "And if you need any assistance with your restaurant, in regard to décor, I'm more than willing to help, James."

"I'll gladly take that assistance. I have an idea for the big picture, but the tiny things like decorations and what font to use on the menu? Those can be overwhelming," Jimmy laughed. "I don't know about you, but I'm hungry. The meatballs and gravy bubbling on the stove, along with the fish salad in the fridge is making my stomach growl."

"Neither of which is really good breakfast food," Mom snickered.

"Which is why I'm kicking both of you out of the kitchen. I'm going to make breakfast for you all. I miss being in a kitchen and I want to spoil my family," he grinned. "What time is Carlisle and Emmett coming over?"

"I'll call them now," Mom said. "Do you want to call Alice and Jasper?"

"It might be smart. The sooner we get everyone here, the safer we'll be. I don't want anyone driving in this storm," I said. "And midnight mass will have to be skipped this year."

Jimmy shooed us out of the kitchen. Mom called Dad and my brother. They were working on wrapping presents, but would drive over as soon as they were able, probably within a half hour. Alice and Jasper were picking up a few things at the grocery store, but on their way. I texted Jacob, asking if he'd be willing to pick up Leah and Seth. He replied that he would head out to get them when Liam and Felix arrive. He didn't want to leave our family unattended.

Our enemies would be freaking insane to go out in this weather.

After making my phone calls, I went upstairs to check on my wife. When I got to the bedroom, I heard the shower going. I slipped into the bathroom and quietly removed my clothes. Opening the shower door, I snaked my arms around Bella's gorgeous body. "Like a moth to a flame," she said, turning around. She was hiding her body from me, pressing up against me.

"I see my beautiful, naked wife in the shower, how can I not join her?" I asked, cupping her ass. "Why are you hiding from me?"

"I'm still not feeling quite as beautiful," she said, kissing my chest and trailing her damp fingers along my arms.

"How so?" I purred, kissing her neck. "Every inch of you is gorgeous."

She stepped back and pressed her hands to her tummy. It wasn't as flat as it used to be, but rounded like a woman who had just had a baby. "I feel so flabby."

"Isabella Marie Cullen," I growled, taking her hands and cupping her chin. "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever known. You are not flabby." I crouched down in front of her, face-to-face with her stomach. I pressed a tender kiss to her skin. She ran her fingers through my hair. I blinked up at her. "Whether you are tiny or huge, I will always love you. You are the mother to my child and it changed your body. You're softer and sexier." I nuzzled her belly, pressing soft kisses up her body as I stood back up. I captured her mouth, holding her tightly. "I love you and I'm counting the minutes until I'm inside you again."

"Our anniversary," she whispered, grasping my cock, which had grown hard from being so close to my naked, sexy and delectable wife. She gently stroked me. I moaned. "I want to be able to take my time with you and not have an audience."

"Agreed," I whispered as she continued palm my hardness. "I know I want to feast on your body, tasting your pussy, sliding into your wetness and making love to you for hours. Clothing would not be required. I want to tease ..." I stopped, grasping her ass and trailing my finger along her asshole.

"Damn it, yes," she panted. "We've talked about that."

"Say it, cara," I growled as she twisted her hand.

"Taking my ass," she murmured, kissing me deeply as my body shuddered. "Come for me, Edward." Her pumping was moving faster, teasing the head of my erection. "So hard and big. Imagine your cock in my ass, fucking me." I groaned as I exploded, spurts of my cum falling to the floor and onto Bella's hand. She kept her hand around me until my body calmed. "I can't wait until you do that in me."

"Me, neither, Bella," I panted, kissing her deeply. The rest of our shower was spent cleaning each other. I massaged Bella's head as I washed her hair and took a great deal of pleasure of scouring her pale, supple skin. After our shower, Bella kicked me out so she could finish getting dressed without my interruptions. I kissed her and I put on a pair of jeans and a green sweater. Running some pomade in my hair, I put on my glasses and went back downstairs. My mother saw me and gave me knowing look. I just blushed, pouring myself some coffee. "Holy crap. Jimmy ... um, wow!"

On the island, there were pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and warmed syrup. He put a bowl with some bananas mixed with syrup. "Bella likes this stuff. Bananas foster on her waffles," he said. "I would have made cinnamon rolls, but I didn't have time. Perhaps tomorrow."

"I didn't even know we had all this stuff," I said, swiping a sausage.

"My niece knows me," Jimmy laughed. "We were known for our breakfast food at the Swan Dive. I like cooking breakfast. Help yourself, Edward. Esme and I have already eaten. You took a long time upstairs." He gave me a wry look and I couldn't help the blush that deepened to a warm crimson over my cheeks. "I was young and in love, too. I get it."

Bella came downstairs, wearing a pair of jeans that looked like they were painted on her body, along with a dark green tunic. She wore some gold jewelry and her hair was down, in loose ringlets. She had on makeup and she looked beyond beautiful. "Did you make the bananas foster syrup?" Bella asked, walking over to her uncle and kissing his cheek.

"Only for you, Bells," Jimmy beamed. She rubbed her hands together as he put a waffle on a plate, covering it with the syrup. He ducked into the fridge and pulled out some whipped cream, putting on a few dollops on top. "Enjoy, kiddo."

"Thanks, Uncle Jimmy," she said, tucking into her meal.

By early afternoon, everyone who was invited to our home had arrived. We also made the executive decision that they would all spend the night. My mom, along with Alice and Bella, set up our guest bedrooms for Sue, Jimmy, Leah and my parents. Alice and Jasper, since they lived so close, would go back to their home, along with my brother.

I had a fire lit in the fire place, with the Christmas trees turned on and some holiday music playing in the house. Charlie was up and snuggled in Sue's arms. He was wearing an outfit that Alice had bought for him. It was a onesie that said 'Rudolph is my Spirit Animal,' with a pair of patterned pants and a hat with antlers. Leah was sitting next to her mother, staring at the baby with keen eyes.

"Do you like the baby, Leah?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"Little," she said, hesitantly reaching for his foot, but pulling her hand back.

"You can hold him, Leah," I murmured. "You won't hurt him." I smiled at Sue and she handed me the baby. "Sit back, Leah." Sue put a pillow on her lap. Leah looked at her mother, who grinned at her daughter. Leah blinked back at me and held her arms like a cradle on the pillow. Gently, I placed Charlie in her arms. Leah beamed, reaching up to caress Charlie's cheek. "See?"

"Soft," she whispered. "Little." She watched him as he yawned, snuggling closer to her.

Bella walked over with a baby bottle. "He's hungry, Leah. Would you like to feed him?" she asked. Leah nodded slowly, some fear swirling in her eyes. "Just hold the bottle to his lips and he'll do the work." Bella handed the bottle to Leah. She gently pressed the bottle into Charlie's mouth. He mewed, clearly unhappy that it was the bottle and not Bella's breast, but he began suckling. "He's hungry, yeah?"

"Yeah," Leah nodded. "His eyes ..."

I looked at my son and saw that he was staring at Leah. "He likes to watch the people who are feeding him, Leah," I smiled.

"Green," she breathed, looking up at me. "Like you, Edward."

I chuckled. "He does have my eyes. Hopefully, not my vision." Our guests laughed, knowing I was practically blind, but Leah frowned. I wriggled my glasses. "I can't see without my glasses, Leah."

"Oh," she murmured.

As Leah fed Charlie, we sat and talked. Bella sipped some wine, but kept a close eye on Leah. When the bottle was done, we showed her how to burp him but she was not comfortable doing that. I handled his burping and took him upstairs to change his diaper. I left him in his crib, taking the baby monitor while he napped.

Christmas Eve was quiet and filled with warmth of family. We ate dinner, keeping with the Italian tradition of eating seven different type of fish. My mother had made a fish salad with some warm crusty bread. Bella made her grandmother's linguine and clam sauce as a main course. Charlie was put to bed around seven and we settled into the living room, talking about the comings and goings of our family since Charlie was born.

By midnight, everyone was settled in their rooms. The snow hadn't abated and even Alice and Jasper ended staying with us. They took the basement and my brother ended up in Jake's apartment, sleeping in his guest room.

As I curled around my wife, I smiled contentedly. With Bella's conversation from the night before and being with my family today, I knew my decision regarding the family, regarding the Cullen Consortium.

I would not kill another human being. I couldn't be a father and a killer.

"You're thinking too much, capo," Bella mumbled. "Go to sleep."

"Yes, dear," I snickered. She smacked my arm lightly. "I love you, dolce. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Edward," she replied, kissing my jaw.

xx MOTM:FFF xx

Bella

"It looks like a Christmas bomb went off in here," Emmett laughed, sipping his coffee. "And a majority of the gifts are for the squirt who is currently feasting away on my sister's boob."

I flipped him off while I fed Charlie. "If you don't like it, don't look."

"I'm not looking. Besides you're covered by that monstrosity of a baby poncho," Emmett snickered. "How can Chuck breathe under that thing?"

"Don't call my baby 'Chuck'," Edward grumbled. "His name is Charlie."

"Emmett stop being a pain in the ass," Esme said, carrying a tray of coffee and some holiday cookies.

"I asked a valid question," Emmett muttered.

"The baby can breathe fine," I answered. "The cover up is loose over him. Besides, I'm certain that my uncle or anyone else doesn't want to see my boob." Edward growled, narrowing his eyes at his brother.

"Emmett, come on," Carlisle said. "We need to shovel the driveway."

"Jacob, Liam and Felix said that they would," Emmett said. "It's cold out there."

"No shit, Sherlock. But, if you stay in here, your brother may kick your ass," Carlisle laughed, dragging Emmett up by his ear. He squealed as he was dragged out of the living room. Leah was giggling and the rest of our family shook their heads, with grins on their faces.

"I think we should take a family photo," Uncle Jimmy said. "After Carlisle and Emmett finish with the driveway, of course. I think the last time we took a family photo was at your wedding. We've got a new addition."

"I think that's doable," I smiled, handing the baby to Edward to burp him. I adjusted my nursing bra and rebuttoned my shirt. "We do need to clean up this mess, though." I got up but Esme shook her head. She and Sue went into the kitchen and returned with several garbage bags. Edward handed the baby to Alice and he helped clean up, carrying the new toys and clothes for Charlie to his nursery.

An hour and a half later, Emmett and Carlisle came back inside with red faces and snow-covered hair. It was still snowing. According to the weather, we'd gotten over two feet of snow overnight with the possibility of another six inches today. Esme encouraged both her son and husband to go shower to warm up. While they went their separate ways, Esme and Uncle Jimmy planned the photo while Sue and I worked in the kitchen for our Christmas meal with Jasper helping us out.

Secretly, I believed Jasper wanted a sneak preview of meal. I'd slapped his hand away more times I could count. "You'll eat it when we do, punk," I laughed.

"You're just mean, Bella," he pouted. "Just one little taste?"

"I'm not mean. If Esme was here, she'd do the same," I said.

"She's right, Jasper. Quit trying to sneak a meatball," Esme barked from the family room.

"But, Esme," he whined.

"Jasper Whitlock, quit your bitching! You'll eat it when everyone else does. Why do you get special treatment?" Alice asked, leaning against the island. "If anyone should get an extra meatball, it's Bella. She's the one feeding another human. Do you know how many calories she expels while feeding Charlie?"

"Alice, I'd rather not know," I snickered.

"It's how you got back to your pre-baby weight," Alice said. "Bitch, you look better now, all sexy curves and shit. If I were a lesbian, I'd do you."

"You already said that, Alice," I smirked. "Remember, the first Black and White ball I attended with you?"

"Oh, yeah. We bonded over our mutual hatred of Rosalie," Alice laughed.

"As much as we hated Rosalie, she was dealt a raw deal," I sighed, stirring the gravy.

"A deal of her own making," Alice grumbled. "She was married to Emmett, who clearly adored her, but she still fucked around on him with Royce."

"She was raped by Royce and Stephan and all of those men in his crew," I snapped. "You, of all people, should understand what she went through." I put the spoon down and glaring at my friend. "No woman should ever have their choice taken away. Rose was a bitch of the highest order, but no one deserved that. You didn't see her in Sicily. She was a shell of a woman. She was terrified of her own shadow. She'll never be the same."

"I don't want to argue, but before she had her choice removed, she made a decision to be with Royce. She cheated on Emmett and betrayed our family," Alice sighed. "I empathize with her, but I'll never be able to forgive her or forget what she did to our family, what she did to Emmett." Shaking her head, she turned and left the kitchen.

Edward walked in, carrying a sleeping Charlie, wearing a cute outfit from Sue with red pants, a blue button-down shirt and a red and blue bow tie. "You okay, dolce?" he asked.

I shrugged, unsure how I felt. "Rosalie and I will never be friends. But, those animals shattered her. I don't understand how Alice can't ..."

"Rosalie and Alice joined the family at the same time. Rosalie abhorred Alice and made her life hell. I don't condone Rosalie's behavior, nor do I feel like she deserved what happened to her, but I understand Alice's ire. Bella, I love you and I get why you are sympathetic to what she endured. She was disrespectful to our family and that is the biggest slap in the face," Edward explained.

"But, in a way, we handed her back to Royce and Stephan," I said. "When Emmett left her outside of Rockford two years ago?"

"She called Royce. She knew what she was doing," Edward muttered. "From what I heard from Marcus; Rosalie is doing better. Not as lost."

"Do you forgive her for what she did to you? To your brother? Your family?" I asked. "Do you think she deserved what happened to her?"

"Do I forgive her? Yes. In a way, she helped you find me that night. I don't forgive her for cheating on my brother and for betraying my family. I doubt I ever will be able to forgive her," Edward explained. "In regard to what happened to her, she didn't deserve it and the monsters who violated her got what was coming to them. I'm grateful that she has the support of Marcus and Didyme, and in some small way, you."

"Bella! Edward! We're ready for the picture," Uncle Jimmy called.

I sighed, not feeling very festive. Edward slid his arm around my waist, stopping me from leaving the kitchen. "I love you, Bella. You know that?"

"I love you so much, Mobward," I whispered. "I'm just testy. Tired."

"Charlie was very persnickety last night," Edward said, looking down at our angelic, sleeping son. "Not so persnickety now."

"He was up half the night. He needs to catch up on his sleep," I chuckled, kissing Charlie's feet.

"I think I know what to get you for our anniversary," Edward snickered.

"What's that?" I asked as we walked to the family room. Uncle Jimmy was directing people where to sit or stand.

"A nice, long, uninterrupted nap," Edward beamed. "Where do you want us, Jimmy?"

"Next to Carlisle and Esme," Uncle Jimmy answered, having us sit next to Carlisle and Esme. Everyone was standing around us, in front of the Christmas tree. The snow had made the room brighter and it was a perfect photo. "Okay, Jake, you take the photo and then we'll get a photo with all of you with the timer."

"Got it, Jimmy," Jake said, holding a ginormous camera.

"What is that?" I laughed. "That is the largest camera I've ever seen."

"It was a present I got for myself," Uncle Jimmy beamed. "I needed a nice camera to take photos of the restaurant. I don't want pixilated nonsense on my website for the Blue Swan. Plus, with little Charlie, I wanted to capture every moment I could. I wasn't around too much when you were a baby and I missed a lot. I want to document as much as I could of my grandson."

"I want copies," Esme chirped. "In our haste to get here before the snowstorm, I left my camera at home."

"Done!" Uncle Jimmy laughed. "I also got some great photos from yesterday and while we opened presents." He blinked to Jake. "You ready?"

"Looks great," Jake nodded, holding up the camera to his face. "Alice scooch in a little bit ... good. Everybody smile." Edward slid his arm around my waist and we grinned happily. The camera clicked rapidly.

"Okay, Jake," Uncle Jimmy said, hopping up and pulling out a tripod. He put the camera on it, checking it and nodding. "Felix, Liam and Jake, sit on the floor."

"We're not a part of the family," Liam said, with his subtle Irish brogue.

"Yes, you are," I argued.

"Don't argue with her, Lee," Felix chuckled, sitting down. "Bella is a force unto herself."

"Damn right," Edward smiled, kissing me. I heard a camera click. "Did you get that, Jimmy?" My uncle nodded, holding up his thumb. "You okay?"

"Just trying to set the timer," Uncle Jimmy said. "A ha! Got it. Thirty seconds ... and go!" He checked behind the lens once more before sliding in next to Sue. We were all smiling and the camera flashed, taking a photo of our family.

After the photo, we went to get Christmas dinner ready. Uncle Jimmy, Esme and I worked seamlessly in the kitchen. An hour later, the meal was served in our dining room, with seats added for Jake, Felix and Liam. Wine was poured and Carlisle said a prayer, thanking God for our good health, wonderful memories and a loving family.

We enjoyed our meal of lasagna, eggplant parmesan, and leftover linguine and clam sauce. After stuffing myself to the gills, I was leaning back on my chair. "I didn't need that second helping of eggplant."

"But, it was so good," Emmett said, enjoying his third serving. "Mom, I mean you no disrespect, but Bella cooks Nonna's recipes better than you do."

"I agree. Bella, you're an amazing chef," Esme said, sipping her coffee.

"I taught her well," Uncle Jimmy smirked.

"I taught myself. Dad couldn't cook to save his life and my mother, well, she wasn't around long enough to share her cooking skills, or lack thereof," I snorted. "But, this was a lot of work. Next year, it's someone else's turn!"

"And hopefully, without the snowstorm of the century," Edward replied wryly. "Well, Bella, Uncle Jimmy and Mom cooked. The rest of you are helping with the dishes."

"But, I'm too full," Emmett whined.

"You could shovel the driveway again," Edward teased.

"Where's the sink?" Emmett answered quickly and darted into the kitchen.

"We'll clear the driveway," Felix said. "I'm certain that your guests would like to go home."

"I'll be driving Sue, Leah and Jimmy home. I want to check on my dad," Jake said. "If that's alright, Boss?"

"Of course," Edward nodded, carrying two plates. "Please wish your father a Merry Christmas from the family. I have a couple of bottles of scotch for him, if you could deliver it?"

"He'd love that, Boss," Jake beamed.

"I'm staying here until Jake gets back," Felix smiled. "Liam will stay with your parents."

The three bodyguards bundled up and went outside. Esme and I wandered into the family room with cups of coffee. Esme kicked off her shoes and curled up on the couch. I sat opposite of her, snuggling around a pillow. The quiet voices in the kitchen, with the soothing scent of the coffee and warmth of the room were the perfect combination to lull me to sleep.

"Bella?"

"Hmmmm?" I responded, opening my eyes and seeing Alice.

"I'm sorry about being such a bitch before," she said. "You were right in saying that I understood what she went through ... Rosalie. There's just a lot of resentment because she made my life hell. She didn't approve of me for Jasper." She was quiet, kneeling in front of me. "Regardless, I'm sorry for being so harsh to you. I know that you tried to help her when you were on your honeymoon."

"I just don't want to fight with you, Alice," I murmured sleepily. "You're my best friend and ..."

"As you're mine," she said, squeezing my hand. "I just wanted to apologize. I will never be able to forgive her for her betrayal to her our family, but she didn't deserve to be raped. No one does. I just don't want this to cause a rift in our friendship, Bells."

"Never, Alice. We can be friends, sisters, and still disagree. I was just overtired. Charlie was up most of the night, which meant that Edward and I were up most of the night," I said. "I should be used to being exhausted."

"I may also have to deal with that soon," Alice whispered.

"Ali?" I gasped. "Are you ...? I didn't even know you were trying!"

Alice blushed and nodded, pressing her flat tummy. "Well, we weren't actively stopping. After I got a clear result from my doctor after my attack, we stopped using any birth control. No more condoms and I didn't get my birth control shot. Anyway, I'm about a month along. I just knew. I took a pregnancy test before we came over yesterday. I'm going to call Dr. Myerson on Monday. Besides Jasper, you're the only who knows."

I sat up, hugging her and crying for her. "I'm so happy for you, Alice. You're going to be a wonderful mom."

"I hope so. And Charlie will have a playmate," she smiled. "Now, Jasper and I are going to celebrate. We didn't get a chance yesterday since we were sleeping in your basement. I love you, Bells."

"Love you, too, Ali," I said, hugging her again. She turned and walked into Jasper's arms. He gave me a tiny, nervous smile, covering Alice's shoulders and they left. I sat back down, looking over at Esme. She was snoring quietly. I chuckled, curling back up and covering my body with a blanket. I was so tired that I didn't even remember falling asleep.

I think it was still snowing.

xx MOTM:FFF xx

Edward

I was sitting in my home office, a couple days after Christmas, finalizing Bella's request to turn her old bedroom into a nursery for our son. With her request of a nanny and her insistence on having the nanny only work in Chicago, I needed to make it happen. Emmett gave me numbers of contractors. Bella also had ideas for the nursery. Once we decided on the contractor, we sent him a photo of what we wanted. I was now trying to entice the contractor to work faster, but the earliest he could be done was by the end of January.

In addition to working on Bella's Christmas present, I was also making arrangements for our anniversary. Bella didn't want to exchange gifts. She only wanted time alone with me. I felt the same way. However, I wanted to spoil her. It was my prerogative as her husband to spoil my wife. So, the day of our anniversary, I arranged for Bella to be pampered at a local spa. Alice would be joining her, at Jasper's suggestion.

"Hey, Boss," said the man in question.

"Jasper," I smiled. "I have everything set up for Bella and Alice's trip to the spa."

"Thanks for doing that, Edward," he replied, sitting down in one of the leather wingback chairs. "Ali is going through something and she would like Bella's help, to talk to her."

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

Jasper just grinned. "Everything is perfect."

"Jas?" I pressed. His grin just widened. "Okay, don't tell me. Anyway, we've got few shipments arriving early in the new year and a few meetings with our soldiers. We also need to find a location for a warehouse. With the loss of the warehouse off Paulina, our other buildings are becoming overcrowded with inventory."

"Have you given more thought about what Emmett suggested?" he asked.

"I think that is the best way for me to be the best leader of the Consortium. Bella said that she'd help me come up with an application and a plan to protect those who will be killing for me and for our family," I murmured.

"Would you still kill, if pressed?" Jasper questioned.

"If my family were threatened, I'd end that threat in a heartbeat, consequences be damned. Bella and Charlie ... they're my world, Jas," I whispered. "I just cannot turn off my emotions, becoming a killing machine like my father. What I did with Amun, I cannot reconcile doing that, murdering him, and snuggling my child in the same breath. In fact, it could be a more effective manner of handling our enemies."

"But, you should have one of your inner circle ..." Jasper trailed off.

"Of course," I nodded. "I may not 'pull the trigger' but I will ensure that the job is done and cleaned up to my exacting standards." We spent the afternoon, perusing locations for a new warehouse and decided on a location in Oak Park, just off the Green Line. I also did some work for our legitimate business, reading over proposals for investment opportunities. Jasper left shortly before dinner. I spent the rest of the night with Bella and Charlie, relishing in the quiet family time.

The next day, Bella and I sat down to discuss the responsibilities for our nanny. We decided that the nanny would have a modified schedule, but still paid full time. Some weeks, she'd work three days and on the opposite weeks, she'd work two days a week, with an occasional weekend day, as well. We'd plan our times with the nanny to correlate with the weekends so we wouldn't be trucking Charlie back and forth to the city. When we finalized our list of responsibilities, I used my resources to put out a job listing.

The day of our anniversary, Bella and Alice left early with Jacob and Liam for their day of pampering. I spent the day with Charlie, playing with him and allowing us a chance to bond as father and son. Since he was born, Bella and I shared the responsibility of caring for our son equally. When she got up to breast feed him, with the exception of the night that I dealt with Amun, I would get up with her. Part of it was the perv inside that wanted to see her boobs ... I'm still a horny male. The other part was sharing an intimate moment with my wife and child. I would never be able to breast feed my son, but watching Bella with Charlie while he fed was something that awed me.

We were lucky. Charlie was a very content baby. He spent most of the time staring at us with wide, inquisitive green eyes. He was starting to smile and giggle. He only cried when he had a dirty diaper, was hungry or overtired. He adored his mother. He smiled at her first ... and, no, it wasn't gas ... he truly relaxed in her arms. He giggled at me.

After he peed in my mouth.

Apparently, potty humor is hysterical, at any age.

"Edward! I'm here!" Mom sang.

"Nonna's here, little one," I said, carrying him to the foyer. "Hi, Mom." I leaned down kissing her cheek. "Who's with you?"

"Felix, and your father is talking his ear off about some updates he'd like to make to our security system," Mom snorted. "He's terrified that somebody is going to break in and steal Charlie. We live behind an electric fence, with two bodyguards and the most technologically advanced security system outside of Fort Knox." She took her grandson, nuzzling his cheek. He squealed, patting her cheeks.

"I'll get Dad," I laughed, jogging outside. It was frigidly cold. Felix shot me a panicked look when I approached. Opening the back door, I leaned against it. "Dad, stop being an overbearing, over-protective grandfather. The security is fine."

"But ..." Dad muttered, gesturing to Felix.

"Sir, aside from this property, your home is one of the safest locations in the state," Felix said calmly. "Your grandson will be perfectly fine and completely safe."

"And we'll be over in early afternoon, to celebrate the new year with you and Mom," I smiled. "Relax. You're going to gray, old man."

"I'm already gray, Edward," Dad deadpanned. "You can never be too safe."

"Agreed, but Liam and Felix will be with you along with your own security system. Come on. I need your help to load up Charlie's supplies," I snorted, dragging my father out of the car.

We saw a small pile inside, complete with a pack and play and three bags filled with clothes, diapers and toys. All for an overnight stay with his grandparents. Holy crap, we've become those parents. "We don't need the pack and play. We've got one," Dad said.

"Let me guess ... you have an entire nursery for your grandson," I said wryly.

"Nothing but the best for Charlie," Dad said, giving me a wide grin, slinging the bags over his shoulder. I rolled my eyes, picking up the bags that he didn't and followed him to load up the back of the SUV. "Have fun tonight. Happy anniversary, Edward."

"Thanks, Dad," I grinned, eager to spend some quality time with my wife. "Call me if there's anything ..."

"We'll be fine. I raised you and your brother," Mom smirked, carrying Charlie's car seat. "Here, Carlisle. Put him in the back while love up on my oldest son." Dad took the car seat, chuckling quietly. He looked at Charlie, making silly faces at my son, who was still asleep.

I stopped him, kissing Charlie's forehead. He yawned, wriggling his tiny fingers. "I love you, little one," I whispered. "I'll miss you while you're gone. Be good for Nonna and Papa." Dad smiled, kissing my cheek before leaving. "Mom, thank you for watching him. I love him, but I miss being with Bella. Just her."

"Do you remember spending time with your grandparents?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, about once or twice a month when we were kids, sometimes for a week or so when we got older" I said. "Oh, you and Dad ..."

"Exactly," she giggled. "Edward, having children is a blessing. However, it's important to maintain that connection with your wife. Your father and I had a rough time after I had Emmett, but that was because of my anger toward him in putting the family before us. It was after a huge blow out that we made a decision to never go a couple of weeks without nurturing our relationship. It's how we stayed married for nearly forty years."

"Thanks, Mom," I smiled, hugging her. "We'll be over tomorrow. Early afternoon-ish." With a kiss to my cheek, my parents left my house. I grinned, finishing the details for my anniversary date with my wife. Jimmy had made Bella's favorite meal and gave me explicit instructions on how to reheat it. Heaven knows I'd probably still mess it up, even with his assistance. I changed into a pair of dark wash jeans and a white button-down, spraying on some cologne.

Jake texted me and said that he was on the way back to the house with my wife. I lit candles around the kitchen and family room and made sure I had Bella's anniversary present ready. She asked for time together, but I couldn't not give her a present. It was simple, but elegant - some handmade cotton flowers. I had the flower made to match both nurseries, yellow and grey for home and navy blue and white for our condo. I also purchased a citrine pendant, representative of Charlie's birthstone.

The SUV pulled up and Jake helped Bella out of the car. She looked beautiful, wearing a pair of sinfully tight jeans and her hair was obviously cut and colored. I opened the door, waving at Jake. I walked out to my wife, who was carrying a large bag. "Cara," I breathed, taking her one of her gloved hands into mine. "You look so beautiful."

Her makeup was done, enhancing her beauty. "I feel like jelly," she said. "The massage was amazing and much needed. My knots had knots!" She slid her arms around me. "Aren't you cold?"

"Freezing," I chuckled. "Let's go inside. Happy anniversary, love."

We walked inside. "It is a happy anniversary," she said, standing on her tiptoes to kiss me. She handed me the bag. "For you, Mobward."

"Bella," I growled. "I don't need anything."

"Did you get me something for our anniversary, when all I asked for was time? Time for us? And other than the spa treatments?" she quipped, taking off her coat and hanging it up. I smiled crookedly, shrugging adorably before I nodded slowly. "Just what I thought." She took my hand, walking me to the family room. "Oh, wow! It's so pretty in here and I love these candles. They smell so good." She sat down on the couch, tucking her long legs underneath her tiny body.

I put the bag next to her and I picked up my gifts to her from the kitchen counter. "For you, my love," I smiled. She gave me a look before opening up the larger box. She squealed, lightly running her fingers over the cotton fabric that made the roses. "Do you like them?"

"These are gorgeous and unique way to have flowers. They match Charlie's nurseries!" she breathed. "I love them!"

"And now, you have two dozen roses from me that will never die," I smiled, handing her the smaller box.

"Small boxes usually mean something sparkly," Bella snickered. I just pushed the box closer to her. She leaned forward, kissing me and sliding off the deep red bow. She slid off the lid and gasped. "Oh, this is gorgeous. What is this stone? It's so warm and pretty."

"It's Charlie's birthstone, a citrine. The design looks like you holding the baby, sort of," I whispered, taking the pendant out and putting it around her neck. I kissed behind her ear. "It's my job as a husband to spoil my wife."

"You do more than spoil me, Edward," she said, turning around to hug me. "I love you, capo."

"I adore you, dolce," I breathed, kissing her softly.

"Your present," she said, picking up the bag. "It's not a citrine pendant or the most perfect bouquet of roses, but it is representative of our second anniversary."

I pulled out a gift basket. I barked out a laugh. "Socks!"

"Not just socks," she said, pointing to a bottle "A bottle of Cotton Hollow whiskey, Clean Reserve Cotton Cologne and tickets to see the Chicago Cubs, where you will get a cotton jersey with your name on it." I took out a Ticketmaster receipt to see that she'd gotten me tickets for my birthday. Or rather, she rented out one of one of rooftops. "Do you like?"

"I more than like. I love," I said, pulling her onto my lap, straddling my legs. I cupped her face, staring at her. "You are truly ... I love you more than words can say, Bella."

"I love you, too. I want to show you," she said. "I want to make love to you. It's been so long." She threaded her fingers into my hair. "Make me yours, again."

A/N: I know, cliffhanger, but it's going to be a good one. And let's just say that the plan I had for this story has gone by the wayside. I'm loosely following it, but things have changed and I hope you like where they're going.

Pictures from this chapter, including photos of the anniversary gifts, are on my blog. Link for my blog is in my profile. I'm also on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation. I'm on Twitter, too: tufano79.

Up next will be the lemonade, reconnecting Mobward and Dolce, plus the christening and we'll hear from Maas. Leave me some thoughts. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 6.5K 200
Isabella del Cigno (21) is the daughter of the infamous mob boss, Charlie del Cigno (Cigno means swan in Italian). He's ruthless, cunning and deadly...
152K 5K 84
Bella Swan was dreading going back to her ten year high school reunion, over Valentine's Day Weekend, for Hillsborough High School. Her time in high...
450K 8.9K 12
Alex was the first human love of Edward Anthony Mason Cullen. He left her to "protect" her but He didn't come back. Instead he and his family moved...
50.4K 1.1K 33
After the events of the newborn army, Bella and Rebecca were finally safe from harm. It was now time for Bella to get married to her beloved Edward...