Face Value

By harrypanther

Modern High School AU. Nerdy outcast Astrid Hofferson finds herself the centre of attention when word gets ar... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30- Epilogue

Part 14

2.9K 116 48
By harrypanther

FOURTEEN:

Astrid's eyes widened and stared as the three buff football players cornered the tall lean shape of Hiccup, shoving him back and pressing him against the wall, holding his arms. As she watched, Snotlout stabbed his finger into Hiccup's chest.

"I want a word with you, Haddock!" he sneered. "It seems someone just can't take a hint..." The words were clearly audible on the feed, the images sharp. The sidebar displayed three other views, all of the same scene. Fishlegs swapped views to better capture the drama. Especially as Hiccup stared into the stocky Snotlout's eyes.

"Well, none of you seem to be especially on the ball so that could apply to all of you..." he sassed back, earning himself a punch in the gut from Snotlout.

"I'm doing the talking here, Fishbone!" Snotlout sneered. Hiccup grimaced and took a shuddering breath.

"Maybe you should listen," he suggested, earning himself another blow. "OW!"

"Aww, baby boo!" Eret sneered. Hiccup glared at him.

"Look, guys-what's your problem?" he asked directly.

"You!" Thuggory sneered.

"Why?" Hiccup asked. "I mean, we used to be friends..."

"Emphasis on used to," Snotlout sneered. "You changed, man. You were no longer worthy of our friendship."

"You mean I ended up losing a leg through no fault of my own in a fire and you dump me because of that," Hiccup snapped. Eret nodded.

"I think he gets is," he sneered.

"Real friends don't care!" he protested. "And Snotlout-you're my cousin!" Instantly, Snotlout's face twisted into an ugly scowl and he closed to a few inches, slamming Hiccup back into the wall and winding him.

"You say that again and I'll break your arm!" he threatened.

"Why?" Hiccup asked. "You ashamed of me, Snot? Is that why you and these muttonheads shoved me in a dumpster after school and left me there to freeze to death?"

"Why are you whining? You're alive!" Thuggory taunted him.

"I nearly wasn't," Hiccup protested. "Not that you cared! You locked it. My phone was dying. I had hypothermia when my friends found me. If they hadn't, I would have died there in the trash. Don't any of you asses understand that? Your supposed prank could have killed me-and you wouldn't even have cared!"

"Why should we?" Eret asked him sneeringly. "You're no one and nothing. A one-legged reject who lost all his worth when he lost his leg." Eyes fixed on the screen, Astrid leaned close to Fishlegs in the canteen.

"This is streaming live?" she asked and he nodded.

"It's on BerkBook-and everyone got an alert," he confirmed. Heather glanced round and saw many heads bent over phones, eyes focussed on the screen and all looking shocked and appalled.

"And I think they're getting the point," she murmured as they focussed back on the screen.

"You know-that is the most pathetic and superficial thing I have ever heard!" Hiccup snapped, angry despite his promise to himself not to be bitter. "We did everything together, guys. We had each other's backs. We were round each other's houses all the time. Nothing changed about me. I am still the same person. And real friends would have helped me when I had my terrible accident-but the moment you found out what happened, you bailed!"

"We're the Football Team," Snotlout told him obviously. "You weren't-not any more."

"I still was your friend," Hiccup argued. "I was the same person who joked and laughed with you, who gamed with you, who bought you pizza and slept over and helped you with homework and..." He shook his head. "And you really don't understand why that hurts, do you?"

"Nope!" Snotlout told him, popping the 'P' arrogantly. "Why should we care when you're no longer one of us?"

"You mean apart from the fact I'm your friend, your cousin and your fellow student? Lemme think? Maybe because I'm a fellow human being?" Hiccup took a deep breath to calm himself and he sighed. "But you just measure people's worth in simplistic terms: football player, popular girl...superficial appearances, rather than anything of more substance," he told them. "My friends and I wanted to show the others that you don't have to be one of your shallow gang to look good or feel good about yourselves."

"As if anyone would want to learn anything from a loser like you?" Thuggory sneered.

"More people than you think," Fishlegs murmured to Astrid as they watched the scene unfold. The canteen was suddenly quiet except for a few hissed comments. "We've already had a dozen enquiries about tutoring!"

"More people than you think," Hiccup shot back. "Everyone can learn something from others. You think you know everything at eighteen and you're a total ass. And you know how pathetic it is that despite all of your protestations, you're here threatening me because you feel threatened by people you say are 'nothing', all because we didn't conform to your pathetic social expectations and instead, we chose to come in looking good and being confident in ourselves and in each other. And that means what you say and what you believe are two totally different things!"

Snotlout punched him in the middle again as Astrid leaned towards Fishlegs in the canteen.

"And has anyone noticed my boyfriend is getting beaten up?" she asked sharply as Dagur and Tuff scrambled up and sprinted off, with Ruff in hot pursuit. Astrid shook her head.

"It's in the boy's washrooms," she murmured.

"Can you see Ruff not going anywhere that Tuff does?" Heather asked her as Astrid winced. Hiccup punched Snotlout back but Thuggory tripped him and he went down, rolling and slamming his leg into Snotlout's knee. His cousin bellowed in pain and staggered back as Hiccup tried to scramble up-but Eret grabbed his hair and punched him in the face, slamming him to the ground once more. He tried to scramble away, curling up to protect himself and cover his head. The others crowded around him and started to kick as Dagur burst into the bathroom and shoulder-charged them from around the curled-up Hiccup.

"Get away from him!" he shouted as the other three glared at him.

"What the Hel, man?" Thuggory shouted at him.

"Yeah-we're your friends and team-mates!" Eret pointed out.

"No friend of mine would beat up someone just because they dressed up nicely for school," Dagur snapped. "I'm ashamed I thought you were my friends. I'm ashamed I believed what you did. I'm ashamed I helped you. But thankfully, I can rectify my mistakes. So you're not my friends-because you're all complete asses!" Tuff skidded in and dropped to his knees by the one-legged teen.

"You okay, man?" he asked as Hiccup warily opened an eye and lowered his arm.

"Um...more alive than I expected so winning so far..." he managed and moved, then groaned. "Ow. I take that back..." There was a gasp as Ruff erupted into the room. Everyone stared.

"What the Hel?" Snotlout shouted, still clutching at his knee. "This is the guys' bathroom..."

"No it's not!" Ruff growled, her fists balled. "It's some kind of sparring gym. You don't fight in the bathrooms!" There was a pause.

"Er...yeah, we do," Eret said awkwardly. "Guys always beat up other guys in the bathrooms!"

"He doesn't speak for me!" Hiccup piped up, still painfully sitting up as Snot and Thuggory nodded. "Never beaten anyone up in my life-and no intention to start."

"Me neither," Tuff added. "Seriously? You guys beat kids up in the bathrooms? What is your malfunction exactly?"

"I can suggest a few," Hiccup muttered.

"What precisely is going on here?" the familiar sarcastic voice of Mr Grimborn asked and they all spun to see the dark shape of the schoolmaster standing in the doorway. Snotlout fashioned an innocent look.

"Dagur was beating up poor Hiccup and we were just here to help him!" he lied easily as the red-haired Football player bunched his fists. "I mean, help stop him. Damn. I mean-we all know he's crazy, right?"

"Deranged," Dagur growled. "And my mental health issues are well under control!" Grimborn stalked in, his sharp dark hazel eyes flicking over the scene.

"You do realise that the composition of this scene does not in any way support the tale that you offer?" he asked the stocky boy sarcastically. "Mr Oswaldson is standing between Mr Haddock and yourself in what can only be interpreted as a protective manner. Mr Thorston is helping Haddock up and Thorston's sister..." His brow furrowed more. "Why exactly are you here, Miss Thorston? Are you unable to discern the differences between the male and female bathrooms?" Ruff stared at him with a sudden grin.

"Well, sir-these ones smell really weird, there are lots of little hand washing bowls-or are they foot spas?-on the walls at a strange height and there aren't nearly enough cubicles," she commented. "And not anywhere near enough mirrors. These are definitely not the girls' bathrooms." And then she scowled. "But my weedy girly brother was coming in here to help our friend when he was being beaten up by these asses so I couldn't let him go alone..." Mr Grimborn's eyes widened in surprise.

"While I admire the idiosyncratic summary of the differences between the washrooms of both genders, I cannot condone your continued presence in the male washrooms," he said sternly. "I must ask you to wait outside. Other students may wish to avail themselves of the facilities..."

"Okay-but pretty sure seeing you in here would vastly improve their bladder control, sir," she commented and swung out. Grimborn stared at the others and shook his head.

"It was really Dagur, sir," Eret added as Tuff began to snigger.

"What are you laughing at, Mr Thorston?" Grimborn snapped. The male twin gestured up to the small shapes of the cameras, discreetly placed but very obvious once you actually knew they were there.

"These guys can try to lie to you all they want-but this whole thing has been streamed live on BerkBook..." he explained. "Most of the school have seen it and Fishlegs will have the whole thing recorded."

"WHAT?" Snotlout, Eret and Thuggory yelled all at once. Hiccup gave a pained chuckle.

"Busted," he murmured as the Footballers all looked enraged and indignant.

"This is entrapment!" Eret blustered. "It's completely illegal!"

"How-how did I entrap you?" Hiccup protested. "I went to the bathroom!"

"Which you had already wired up!" Thuggery added, flipping a finger at the nearest camera.

"I must confess that point had troubled me," Mr Grimborn pointed out sarcastically. Hiccup sighed.

"Sir, it wasn't entrapment so much as a depressing knowledge of human nature," he admitted. "I guessed that by drawing any attention, they would choose to ambush me and put me in my place." The smug looks on the faces of the three athletes confirmed his words as Mr Grimborn stared icily at them.

"So I am to understand that this is a regular occurrence?" he demanded as Hiccup nodded and Snotlout, Thuggory and Eret suddenly looked less sure of themselves. "And you didn't invite them to follow you?"

"Um...not even slightly!" Hiccup said quickly. "Sorry, sir-really don't enjoy being abused or beaten up. At all! I can make myself feel bad enough without any help." Frowning at the unguarded admission, Grimborn nodded.

"I think I need a word with you all," he announced. "Come along to Principal Queen's office and we can explore this in more detail." Then he looked up at the nearest cameras. "Cease streaming NOW and I will expect these devices gone when I return!" Tuff grinned, helping Hiccup to his feet.

"On it!" he grinned as Hiccup limped to the door, with Dagur at his side and the others in tow, Snotlout limping badly. "No one will ever know they were there..."

oOo

Astrid was waiting anxiously after Biology, having explained Hiccup's absence and taken copious notes on his behalf. But she was worried because he was missing even when the end of class bell sounded and she walked towards Study Hall, carrying his bag as well as her own. Part of her was writhing with anxiety, because Finn was sending a driver to collect her and the others but she wasn't willing to go without Hiccup: of everyone he deserved to go to the set. So she was immensely relieved when she saw his familiar tall shape walk a little stiffly back towards her, the bruising on his cheek still developing. She gasped and then smiled, running towards him and giving him a huge hug.

Suppressing a wince, he hugged her back, the surprise and shock showing in his bruised face. But she relaxed as she felt him tighten his arms briefly around her and then pull back, his emerald eyes wide in utter shock.

"Um...wow?" he murmured as she inspected him.

"Are you okay?" she asked him urgently and he nodded.

"Um...shockingly good...though my back hurts and I'm sure your Uncle won't want me anywhere near you," he admitted as she smiled.

"I think...he was impressed at what I have told him about you," she told him, handing him his bag and pulling her coat on. He gave a small shrug.

"He may be less impressed that I got beat up at school today," he murmured, his head dipping. "I know my father will be..." Her hand found his and she squeezed his hand, feeling the warm fingers curl around hers.

"Look-don't forget you have a ferocious Valkyrie here to protect you," she reminded him.

"And yet it was Ruff who came running into the bathroom to help me, not my fabulous fierce girlfriend," he teased her as she stopped and stared at her.

"Really? You're going there now?" she asked him in an incredulous voice.

"Admittedly she probably scared everyone off..." he continued. "Even Mr Grimborn, I think...Foot spas...really?" Astrid burst out laughing.

"Hey-I sent Dagur," she protested. "I knew he would protect you!" He smirked.

"Thank you," he murmured as they continued along the Hallway. "Now, I think your agent may be having kittens if you're late..."

"I hoped you were my agent," she told him. "I mean, you look out for me even when I didn't want you to. You are my friend and my boyfriend. And you are the smartest guy I know." He held her hand a little tighter as they walked down to the main entrance, aware that Finn had phoned the school and arranged them all early release for the day. The others were waiting impatiently by the doors.

"What took so long?" Heather asked as Astrid glanced up at Hiccup.

"I had to wait for Hiccup," she explained. "How did the show go?" Fishlegs was beaming with pride.

"We have had over a thousand hits on the video already," he reported excitedly. "And you should read the comments! Thor, there are so many people calling Eret, Thuggory and Snotlout asses and worse. And everyone agrees they're bullies and shouldn't be let off! There's already an online petition for them to be expelled!"

"What did they say about Hiccup?" Astrid asked, feeling him tense against her. Fishlegs gave an even broader grin.

"I think he has a fan club," he said. "Everyone was impressed how he took them on and defended himself. And the girls all want to hug him better." Automatically, she glanced up to see him blush.

"Um...no," he said quickly. "Only one person I want to hug me better. Um...maybe two if you count Dad...though he usually almost crushes me, what with being a Fishbone...maybe three if Gobber is there because he's a kind of crazy Uncle..." And then he stopped, seeing Astrid smiling at him. "But you, really. Definitely you."

"Not even slightly awkward," Tuff commented and threw a huge hug around Hiccup, feeling him stiffen. Fishlegs and Ruffnut both joined in as Astrid and Heather stared. Hiccup tightened his grip on Astrid's hand.

"Help..." he murmured as Tuff kissed him on the cheek. Desperately, he tried to prise the male twin off. Ruff sighed and tried to pull him off as well but her brother clung onto Hiccup like a limpet, laughing.

"Come on, gang-we've got somewhere to be-no, Tuff. You can hug him later..." Heather said briskly and jumped into her car as Tuff finally released Hiccup. Astrid scrambled into the Production Company car and they followed Hiccup back home, since he was unwilling to leave his car in the school car park. Once they had all parked up on his drive and scrambled into the limousine, the car pulled out and sped off out of town. Heather, Astrid and Hiccup sat on one bank of seats and the twins and Fishlegs were on the other as they wound round towards the set, passing through the perimeter and parking behind the caravans.

Finn was waiting, greeting his niece with a huge grin and a hug, then shaking Hiccup's hand and staring at his bruises.

"Are you alright?" he asked in a concerned voice, resting his hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Um...absolutely dandy," Hiccup assured him, looking self-conscious. Finn frowned.

"Who did this?" he asked as Hiccup looked even more awkward.

"My cousin," he admitted. "But the plan worked. Sort of. I think..." Then Finn grinned.

"You know, from what Asti told me, it was a really smart plan," he commented. "In fact, I may suggest my writers use it as the basis of a High School movie. It's time Fearless Films did a Teen Rom-Com..." The harassed shape of Timothy, his assistant, scurried up. He was swathed in an even more enormous sweater that swamped his slight form, his pale brown hair still lifeless and his grey eyes filled with concern.

"Please...can we get this one finished first before you commit us to another nightmare location shoot?" he asked plaintively. "Hi Astrid," he added and flashed a small smile. She smiled back.

"Hi, Timothy," she greeted him as he handed out Visitors' badges to the gang. He sighed and looked at Heather and Ruff.

"And you must be Heather and Raquel," Timothy guessed. "Come along with me! The costume department have a couple of the Valkyrie costumes for you. And Astrid-the make up team are waiting for you. The rest of you...I'll take you round to meet the Director, the Cinematographer and the Effects Team..." Hiccup glanced over to Astrid and she smiled.

"I'll see you later," she whispered and then allowed herself to be led away. Finn beckoned them over to him.

"Okay-let's start on the tour," he said.

Fishlegs was in raptures at the process, enthralled and bombarding everyone they met with questions while Tuff was in awe of the weapons and the pyrotechnics. He got into a detailed conversation with the Effects guys over how they created the physical effects they used during filming, as opposed to the additional visual effects that would be added in post production. Hiccup watched, his quick eyes flicking over everything but noting the idealised version of Viking life-clean, ordered, attractive with no sign of dirt or disease. And then he looked up-to meet Dane's amused expression.

"That's the face of a man who is considering something very carefully," the film star said amiably as Hiccup dipped his head.

"Um...sorry," he murmured. "I was just thinking...it looks very clean..." Dane grinned.

"You're right," he admitted, "and we had that debate. I mean, a lot of recent films have made sure there's plenty of mud and dirt and cracked fingernails and all that...but the Producers made a decision that they wanted the movie to look realistic but not documentary realism. You understand?" Hiccup nodded.

"It looks like old Berk. On a good day. When my father has been round and told them to smarten themselves up right now!" he commented and Dane chuckled.

"You know, you look like a fine young Viking," he commented and then he frowned. "Are you okay? You look a little bruised..." Hiccup sighed.

"Some guys decided my attempt to look like I wasn't a nobody was worth a kicking," he mumbled. Dane frowned.

"You know what would make them sick as dogs?" he asked. "You being in the movie and not them?" Eyes widening, Hiccup hastily shook his head.

"Oh Thor, no..." he said quickly but Dane-resplendent in his Thor costume-guffawed with mirth.

"Oh me-yes," he quipped. "Look, we've got the Dwarf attack on the village where Thor and the Valkyries rescue the Vikings. You would be perfect as a Viking..."

"You noticed?" Hiccup replied sarcastically. "Couldn't fail to notice all this raw Vikingness?" Dane clapped him on the back and laughed.

"You're perfect," he commented.

"You know I only have one leg?" Hiccup asked him dryly as the film star's eyes widened.

"Oh my Thor," he murmured. "I wouldn't have known. Look-you don't have to if you don't want to...but I think it would ruin the years of the people who have been making yours and Astrid's lives a misery. We could even get her to rescue you, if you want..." Hiccup shook his head.

"Thor, that would just about finish me off," he sighed and then he looked up. "But I would like to do it-because my Dad would kill to be in the movie." Dane nodded and waved to Timothy who stared at the film star, then at Hiccup and shook his head.

"No. Absolutely not. No way. uh-huh. Categorically..." he said swiftly but Dane grinned.

"I'll talk to Bernard if you sort the papers and the costume," he suggested as Timothy sighed.

"You know, next time, I'm staying at home and someone else can sort all this out," he grumbled and led Hiccup off. "So you're Berkian, eh? When did you meet Dane?"

"Um...when he came round to my Dad's for pizza last night," Hiccup murmured as the man stared at him.

"He what?" he choked. Hiccup nodded.

"I'm afraid my Dad always over-orders the sides. I think he could have fed half the cast..." he explained. Timothy sighed.

"At least you look like a Viking..." he murmured.

"Why does everyone say that?" Hiccup asked, perplexed. "I mean, I'm a fishbone, not some buff, muscular..."

"You think in the 10th century they had gyms and worked out?" Timothy chuckled. "Most were lean and wiry, strong but not massive. And you're Berkian so you definitely have solid Viking heritage..." Fishlegs pointed to Tuffnut.

"Where's he going?" he asked as they ran after him, yelling for him to wait.

Eventually, the three emerged in Viking dress and Hiccup had to admit the clothes they had for them as extras were pretty comfortable, his leggings, long sleeved shirt and leather tunic fitting his lean frame pretty well. He had a pair of heavy leather boots that fitted well over his prosthetic, making him appear normal. Tuff was wearing a similar outfit, though he had a heavy wool vest and Fishlegs was impressive with a fur vest over his husky shape. They were given their positions and some instructions as the Valkyries arrived.

Heather and Ruff looked sleek and shiny in their armoured Valkyrie outfits but Astrid was stunning, her braid exactly as it had been on her first visit and her face calm and determined. The director, Bernard, gave them instructions and Hiccup stood by and watched Astrid take couple of practice swings, then, as the cameras rolled, she threw her axe with utter conviction, hitting the mark perfectly. Mouth dropped, Bernard yelled 'CUT!'.

Heather and the twins whooped and cheered and Dane gave an appreciative grin as they prepared for the fight scene. The actual battle had been filmed for a few of days now in various small scenes though out of order so they guys did what they were told, Tuff and Fishlegs grasping weapons and joining the battle while Hiccup was kept to one side. Perplexed, Hiccup frowned as Dane drifted over to his side.

"I have a plan for you," he said as they watched the battle scene repeated five times until Bernard was happy, each rerun capturing some more footage. Finn came to stand by them, smiling.

"She really does look like a Valkyrie," he commented, seeing Astrid fight, her sword swinging expertly. Her foe scrambled back and she raised the sword, then mimed impaling him, spinning to parry another blow. "And Thor, she fights like one. You know Ray, the fight co-ordinator, only had her for twenty minutes and this is what she can do?"

Hiccup looked at Astrid, admiration and guilt warring in his breast. She looked absolutely beautiful, a world away from the girl who had stomped into school the beginning of the previous week, trying to avoid attention and keep a low profile. And he knew in his heart that when the film came out, she would be lauded and her life would change. And he honestly couldn't see any place in that image for himself. His dreams, his hopes of being her friend and boyfriend would be over. And it was all his own fault, for he should have treated her like the amazing, beautiful, brave and smart young woman she clearly was-but he had been weak and shallow. Now her star was on the rise and he was still the one-legged pariah he had become. Sure, he had his new friends and there were only a few months left of school but he knew he would be bereft and broken if he lost Astrid.

And then he blinked. How mean-spirited and selfish was he? Astrid's good fortune was entirely deserved, paid for in advance with the terrible loss of her father and the years of isolation and cruelty she had undeservedly suffered at the hands of people who should have supported her and helped her. And he had been one of the people who had worsened her pain, being casually cruel to her when he should have understood, having lost his mother when he was younger. He should have offered her his support and kindness but instead, he had just been an ass. Why would she want to maintain her friendship with him when she was famous and desired as a movie star? He should be glad for her, grateful that the Norns had looked kindly on her after her trials and that she was currently his friend. Maybe one day, his heart would recover from losing her...but he doubted it. Men like Dane were worthy of her-but he wouldn't be. Not when she realised how amazing she was and what a total loser he was. Not when she became famous.

Then she turned and smiled at him, seeing his pensive face and walking forward, pressing a kiss on his cheek.

"Are you okay?" she asked in a concerned voice and he forced a smile on his lips.

"I was just thinking how amazing you are," he replied honestly, vowing never to lie to her. "You just look...stunning. Like an absolute star..." She looked up, her eyes sparkling with excitement and exhilaration.

"It's so amazing," she told him, almost bouncing up and down with enthusiasm. "I feel like I was almost born for this." He looked up, his eyes twinkling at her delight.

"Making movies?" he checked but she shook her head.

"Being a warrior!" she told him. "I mean, my Dad trained me in traditional weapons but to be able to use that here..." She paused. "It's like he's here with me." He gently rested his hands on her hips and kissed her.

"I am so happy for you," he said genuinely but she frowned and looked into his emerald eyes.

"Okay-spill, Haddock!" she told him firmly. "What's wrong?" He shrugged and she saw his head dip slightly, looking away.

"I mean, you're amazing-you look like you belong here," he mumbled. "And me? I got beat up at school today. I needed rescuing! Why would you want to spend time with me when you have all of this?" She rested her hands on his shoulders and stared into his eyes.

"Hiccup-this is nothing," she told him calmly. "It's just something I'm doing to help my Uncle. My future is still the same-school, college...and you. Nothing has changed."

"But..." he protested as she leaned up and kissed him again.

"Hiccup-I know we've only been friends for a few days and I never ever thought I would end up being your girlfriend...but it's like we just...fit together," she told him honestly. "You are so unexpected and brave and smart and kind. I know you were an ass but you learned some harsh lessons about people when you were hurt and you completely changed. And I wasn't fair to you. My stubbornness deprived us both of being friends for far too long-and when I'm with you, I feel...home."

His eyes widened and he found them prickling at the sincerity in his voice. He blinked.

"I really don't deserve you," he said honestly. "I mean I was a self-absorbed and thoughtless ass. And you are so brave, so determined, so smart and sassy and-and amazing. I-I..." Then he sighed. "You are all I ever dreamed of, to be honest. Even when I was an ass, there was no one to compare to you-but I was too stupid and shallow to admit I should apologise and make you feel included and happier. And that's all my fault..." But she rested her hand on his cheek and stared into his emerald eyes with a calm expression.

"We were both idiots and life has kicked us really hard to teach us the lessons we needed," she told him. "And I truly believe that somewhere, someone has decided we've served our time and deserve some happiness. And I am never letting you go!" He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"Despite sounding scary and stalkerish, I never want to be let go," he murmured and leaned forward to kiss her.

There was an outbreak of AWWWWs and they looked up to see Finn snapping pictures and Timothy and Dane grinning from ear to ear.

"You are so cute," Finn commented. "Now let's get some pictures with the cast and especially Dane...and then we can get you into this battle, Hiccup. And I know exactly which Valkyrie is going to be rescuing you..." Astrid gave a chuckle, staring into his eyes.

"You?" Hiccup asked and she nodded.

"You're the only Viking I want," she told him as the cameras clicked again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 81.5K 17
{THE STORY GOES FROM 1 TO 10 IN FIVE SECONDS. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YA} "Hey Marinette? Who's your soulmate?" "Chat Noir." A world where, you get a...
131K 4.1K 40
Marinette and Chat Noir - no one really thought they would end up together, not even them themselves. Hell, Ladybug and Adrien even sounded more real...
422K 7K 9
Marinette has been debating if her feelings for Adrien are still their or could she be falling for the flirty black cat, Chat Noir, who has been chec...
384K 13.7K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...