Snow White and the Seven Were...

By songs4storys

A modern twist on Snow White as well as a Little Red Riding Hood thrown in for good measure. In the country o... More

*Snow White and the Seven Werewolves
*Chapter 1: Wolf One: Zander
*Chapter 2: Meet Alex... And the other Five
*Chapter 3: Setting a Routine?
*Chapter 4: .......SURPRISE!!!
*Chapter 6: Zane's Adventure
*Chapter 7: He's Back! And Everyone's a Little Worse for Wear...
*Chapter 8: Patched Up Poison
*Chapter 9: Merry Christmas! I Think That's Misltoe...
*Chapter 10: The #1 Question... Why?
*Chapter 11: Snow Turns To Rain
*Chapter 12: The Beginning of Something
*Chapter 13: Operation Snowfall
*Chapter 14: Running Out of Time
*Chapter 15: The Snow is Actually Ash
*Chapter 16: Charge!
*Chapter 17: A Bite of The Apple
*Chapter 18: Go on And Kiss The Girl
*Chapter 19: Who Are You?
*Chapter 20: The Truth Comes Out
*Chapter 21: To Say Yes Or Say No That Is The Question
*Chapter 22: And They Lived Happily Ever After.

*Chapter 5: The Hunter and Turn Around

4.2K 199 2
By songs4storys

Snow cooked with a semi-scowled face as she moved around the kitchen, sautéing the chicken with vegetables, cooking pasta, and slicing up fruit for a fruit salad. Suddenly the door swung open and she raised her knife.

"I will cut you." She turned around and JC was standing there, looking a little uncomfortable. Well that's a new look for him, she thought to herself. She set the knife down next to the fruit, and picked up the wooden spoon.
"Can I help you?" She stirred the pasta, and then moved to the chicken.
JC sat down and began tapping his fingers on the tabletop. "Your head is wanted by the Queen." He stated.
Snow stopped stirring and looked down into the pasta. He had an interesting way to start a conversation. "First you insult me, and then you tell me my step-mother wants my head? Do you even consider yourself a gentleman?" She turned around and frowned at him. Lines formed in between her eyebrows and her lips were slightly pouted
"I do." JC said. "For reasons you don't know." He stood up and walked over to Snow who held her spoon tightly in her hand. He stood inches away from her, and he lifted a hand. Memories from years ago, of a different girl, flashed briefly in his mind but he shoved them back into the deep recesses of his mind. Now was not the time to cut open old wounds.
"Hurt me and I'll scream bloody murder," she whispered, holding her breath and whishing she had kept hold of the knife instead of the spoon. He took his thumb and rubbed it in between her eyebrows smoothing the wrinkles down. Her face relaxed slightly but her cheeks burned a bright red, and JC smirked.
"You look less stressed when you're not scowling all the time." Snow gapped at him as he walked out and the chicken stared sizzling loudly.
"Oh shut up." She said, scowling again and turning back to stir the pasta with gusto.

* M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M *

"I WANT HER HEAD AND I WANT IT NOW!!!" Screamed the Queen, looking for something new to throw. She paced up and down the Throne Room, walking on broken pieces of pottery and glass that she had pitched and smashed to smithereens. Her dress trailed along behind her, blood red in color.
"Your Highness-" the Guard said.
"No. She's somewhere in those woods! I know it!" She gestured out to the window behind her. "And if she's not dead already I want her dead NOW," she spun around and started walking the other way.

Her Guard watched as this repeated for several minutes and turned to look out the window. The tree's bare branches swayed in the wind, laden with snow and icicles.
"Why don't you send someone in there after her?" He said suddenly, covering his mouth as soon as he said it. He had known Princess Snow quite well, and would never like to see her dead; no one would. The Queen had no idea, but no one in town would ever speak a word about where Snow was. She was their only hope of defeating Penelope.
The Queen turned around and looked at him, grinning. "Why, what a wonderful idea. Why don't you go?" she snapped. The Guard's eyes widened.
"But my Queen-"
"And if you don't not return with her heart, I shall have to take yours instead." She turned back around and walked to the window. "Now be off with you. I haven't got all the time in the world." She glanced at the mirror hanging behind the throne chair. After the ball when Snow fled, Penelope had it moved here where she spent almost all of her time. She straightened herself then smiled when she heard the door click shut. Soon, the prettiest girl would be dead, and the second would reign true and even more powerful.

M * M * M * M * M * M* M * M * M * M * M * M *M * M * M * M

Snow collapsed on the couch as she heard the boys boisterously eating and laughing. Her stomach grumbled but her feet hurt too much to move and get something to eat. Her back ached and her fingers looked swollen. Her wrist was burned and her hair, and body, desperately needed a good scrub. 

She sighed when she heard her name being called and slowly stood. This was going to kill her. She gave a small laugh at that thought. What wasn't going to kill her these days?

"Yes Jameson?" she asked, leaning against the counter. She refrained from laying her head down and falling asleep right there.
"Where's the salt?" Snow turned around and took the Salt and Pepper from off the counter and handed it to him.
"Anything else?" she asked to the seven of them all. They all burst out giving orders to Snow and she took them with stride, but with a tired look. JC watched, amused as she scuttled around the kitchen fetching things for the boys. When she was done she walked out and he noticed she hadn't taken anything to eat for herself.

JC nudged Merlin. "Yes?" Merlin asked.
"Did Snow eat?" JC asked.
"Don't know, why?" Merlin asked, poking his chicken.
"Will you go bring her something?" Merlin nodded, and stood up quietly, and grabbed and extra plate and loaded it up for her. JC watched the boys talking and eating and laughing. He sat at the head of the table, and starred at the empty chair across from him at the other end. A chair that had never been sat in. He took a bite of the chicken and turned his head and continued to watch and listen.

Snow stood and walked towards the bathroom, she had a white silk nightgown in her arms and a hairbrush in her hand. She pushed open the door, and gave it a reproachful look. Hoping the boys wouldn't come into the bathroom, she turned on Merlin's spotless shower and jumped right into the hot water. It fell down onto her aching back, loosening the tight muscles and brought a small smile to her face.
After she was done she climbed out and slipped the nightgown on. It fell down to her ankles, fitting her perfectly. She took the hairbrush and walked silently out of the bathroom. Her feet made no sound on the stone floor as she walked back to her nook and sat on the couch with a book in her lap and brush in hand.

She then noticed a plate of food and note waiting for her on the table: We went out, be back after midnight. Don't worry about us. ~Merlin

Snow smiled and took the plate of food. Maybe these boys weren't too bad after all...

M * M * M * M * M

Seven wolves stood in a circle of trees, waiting for the birds to stop chirping and the leaves to settle. A black wolf with startling blue eyes and a white patch in the shape of a crown on his chest stood perfectly still, watching his pack watch him. A light snow started to fall and the world went still as a new level of cold hit.

The wolves froze too and watched the black wolf as he started pacing. There was the snap of a branch and a man wrapped in wool and warm clothing from head to foot with a bow and arrow strapped to his back and knife in hand. He froze when he saw the wolves.

"My god it's true..." he whispered. The black wolf walked slowing towards the man. He sat down inches from his face and said.
"You are looking for Snow, are you not?"
The man, not finding this at all startling, answered.
"By order of the Queen. I wish not to be out here. But if I do not bring back her head, she will take mine. I have watched little Snow grow up; I do not wish to see her dead. No one does, but they're too afraid to do anything about it. The Queen is ruthless." The wolf considered this and the sincerity in his voice.
"What you're saying is true," the man nodded, letting out a breath he wasn't aware he had been holding. "I will not kill you, though it is not wise for you to go back to the Kingdom. Do you have a family?" The man nodded.
"A wife and three kids."
"Take them into the woods at dawn. My brother will meet you in the shadows. Do not be alarmed, he will not hurt you. He will guide you out of the forest to a safer realm. Do not come back, for the Queen will you kill you if something else doesn't get to you first. Listen to everything he says. Do you understand?" The man nodded.
"One last thing..." The huntsman said shyly. His eyes flickered briefly to the crown on the wolf's chest and back to his eyes. 

The wolf cocked his head, waiting.
"Are you... Are you... The-"
"It would be safer if you did not know. Now go to your family. I wish you safe travel." The man rushed off and the black wolf turned around.

"Zane, will you guide him?" 

Zane nodded, and started trotting off; but stopped at the edge of the clearing. "What are you going to tell Snow?"
JC frowned, his ears flopped down, and looked out into the forest. "I'm not sure yet, but I do know we have to keep her safe." He turned towards them all. "And I'm prepared to do anything to keep her that way."

* M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M *

Merlin slowly cracked open the door, trying to keep quiet. A fire was burning in the kitchen, and a few candles were lit. Six boys walked in and froze when they saw Snow. Her face was pressed between the pages of a book, two candles burning next to her. Her face had a soft smile on it and her hair fell around her in tendrils.

"Well she looks beautiful in the candle light," Merlin stated.
All of the boys blinked, unsure of what to do. "Should we leave her...?" Lucas asked.
"Well I don't know, but I'm going to bed." Alex turned around and walked out of the room. Nick followed, as did everyone else but JC and Merlin.
"Do you want me to-" Merlin started.
"No, I will." JC said. He was staring at her face like it was the most interesting thing he had ever seen. And he had seen a lot of interesting things in his lifetime.
Merlin nodded, and walked out of the kitchen, but not before giving JC one last, long look.

"Snow," JC said softly, nudging her shoulder.
"Mmmm." She turned her head away from him.
"Snow I'm going to bring you to bed, put your arms around me."
"Mmm-mm." She said, furrowing her brows, a frown on her face.
"Come on Snow, your tired. I'm going to bring you to bed."
She didn't move and her frown slowly disappeared from her face. He took that as a good sign and walked up to her. She sat up, eyes groggy and half-closed. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he picked her up, and nuzzled her face into his chest.
"You smell like the woods" She said softly. "I like it. Reminds me of home."
JC bit his lip to keep a tiny smile from threatening to form and set her on the couch. He tucked the blanket around her and threw another log on the fire. He was about to walk away when Snow spoke up.

"JC?"
"Yes?"
"You look better when you're less stressed too. And caring. That's a nicer look on you then scowling all the time. Sweet dreams." Snow said with a yawn. She rolled over, and ended the conversation with the gentle puffs of her breath as she fell back asleep.
JC stood there, staring at her shoulders rise and fall with her even breathing. He was rendered speechless, and that never happens. He turned slowly and went into the bedroom filled the sounds of creaking beds and loud snores. Did he really have to physically show that he cared for her to see it?

* M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M *

Snow woke up to the sound of bacon frying and laughter. She rolled over and was tangled up in her blanket. Unwrapping herself, she stood and walked towards the kitchen and froze at the door. There was food on the table, eight place settings, and nothing looked broken or burned. Merlin and JC were cooking while the other boys were sitting around at the counter and talking.

"Boys?" Snow walked in and they all froze.
"Good morning Snow." They chorused happily.
Her eyes scanned their faces and she counted one missing. "Where's Zane?"
"He's in town on a short business trip I sent him on. He should be back late this evening or tomorrow." JC said calmly.
No one noticed Merlin exhale as he turned and smiled at Snow. "Come Snow, we cooked breakfast ourselves!" He rushed her over to the head of the table and sat her down. Food came flying with the boys not trailing far behind.
Pancakes and fruit and bacon and eggs hit her plate. Milk filled her glass. A napkin was placed on her lap.

Despite herself, Snow laughed. "I'm quite concerned boys," she poked the pancake. "Are you sure these are edible?"
"JC cooked, so I would hope so." Nick said while he drenching is pancake in syrup. JC watched from the other end of the table as she bit into her pancake and chewed thoughtfully. All he could see while looking at her was what had happened last night, even though she probably didn't remember it. Then why should I... he thought, looking away briefly.
"I approve," Snow said with a grin. The boys cheered and started eating. Merlin joined in, but soon noticed JC wasn't talking to anyone and eating slowly.

"What's up?" he asked, taking a huge bite of pancake.
"She's different from any other human I've met." JC chewed thoughtfully.
"She's the only human some of us have met JC." Merlin looked at him. "Unless you're not telling me something..." JC looked at Merlin and sighed.
"Later Mer. Later." Merlin gave him another questioning look but let the matter go. He knew better than to push a matter JC was stubborn on not talking about. And that consisted mainly of his past.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 7.1K 34
We all heard the story about Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf. It's a fairytale our parents told us amongst other fairytales. What happen...
439K 11K 35
Angelica Moon has never wanted anything more in life than to be saved by her mate and have a brand new family but just like most stories happy ending...
19.2K 701 18
She was the little red riding hood. She found herself lost in the woods. A werewolf marked blood on her cloak. And so the witch's curse shall broke. ...
149K 3.9K 29
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴜꜱʙᴀɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴ...