Little Miss Secret

By jodimarlene

Seth Wood. A boy who left behind the only world he had ever known because he though it was in everyone's best... More

Haircut
Harper Rose
Pinky Promise
Green Eyes
Ice Cream & Jealousy
Granddaughters?
Hope
Dallas. Not Texas.
Still A Mother
Finally A Family?
Moving Day
The Apology
Certified Babysitter
What if?
Happily Ever After?
Wedding Bells
Drunken Slumber
Lillian Hamilton
Oh Baby!
Guilty
Ily
Date Night
x2
Picture Perfect
Negative
Precautions
Leo
Get Out
Amanda
Big Sister
Maid of Honor
Play Date
Baby Camille
No Matter What
The Results
Surprise!
Epilogue
MY NEW BOOK!
I need your help! (My Youtube)
LITTLE MISS TEENAGER! SEQUEL IS NOW OUT!
A new book?

Safety First

14.7K 314 49
By jodimarlene

"I can't. I can't move in with you." I broke the news to Dallas. After the dream I had had I realized what a mistake I was making. It was too soon. I didn't even know Dallas that well and I didn't trust him with Harper. I don't even know why I said yes in the first place. My hormones were all over the place.

"I'm truly sorry." 

"No, it's okay. Really. I shouldn't have pushed you. I just wanna make sure you're safe."

"Thank you. I appreciate it."

"But I have to stay true to my words. If you are living with Seth, than this can't be a romantic relationship."

I lowered my head, "I understand." 

And for some reason I wasn't even that mad about it.

After I had finished at Dallas' I went to the store. Seth's birthday was tomorrow and I needed to pick some things up. I went into the most local supermarket and went straight to the photo printing area. I picked up the canvas I printed out. It was lovely! I then went and bought him a blender that he had been dying for for the longest time, along with his favorite candy, Reeses. I picked out a card from Harper and a card from me. 

When I got back to house Seth was getting ready to leave for work. 

"Sorry I'm a little late. I had some errands to run."

"It's alright. She should be waking up from her nap anytime now." 

I shook my head yes.

"Have a good day at work."

"Thank you." 

He left without another word. Harper woke up 15 minutes later. I gave her some cheez its.

"Daddy's birthday is tomorrow!" 

"My birthday?" 

"No." I giggled, "That's next month. It's gonna be daddy's birthday."

She lit up with excitement when she finally understood what I was saying. 

"Do you wanna make him something?"

"Ya!!" 

I got out the washable paint and laid the card I had bought for her to him out on the table. The card had safari animals and "Happy Birthday Daddy!" ran across the top of the card. I opened the card up and painted her hand with green paint. I had her stick her hand on the blank side of the card. Her hand print was messy, but cute. I knew it would mean a lot to him. I cleaned Harper up and wrote her name in the card. She ran over to her baby dolls and began playing again.

Then, it was my turn. I got out the card I had bought for him. On the front it read "Happy Birthday to an amazing guy!". Cheesy, but sweet. I opened it up and wrote my own message in it:

Seth! It's you're birthday! You're 24 you oldie!  I'm so thankful for you and everything you do for Harper and I. You truly are a great father and I'm sorry I waited so long to tell you about our sweet girl. You mean so much to the both of us. I forever grateful that we started dating on that rainy Wednesday our Freshman year. You have brought me a lot of pain, but you have also brought some of the greatest gifts this world has to offer. Love, compassion, kindness, consideration, and above all our beautiful daughter Harper Rose Hope Wood.  And wherever our journey may go just know this: I love you. Whether that's romantically or friendly, I'm not quite sure, but I love you and I always will.

Love,

You're favorite person ever, Vi. 

I sat the pen down as tears glistened in my eyes. Everything I had written on the card was true. Nothing was a lie. It was all true.

The next day...

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday too you, happy birthday dear daddy, happy birthday too you!" I sang as Harper tried to sing along. Seth blew out the candles on the blue colored cake.

"Thank you guys!"  

"Presents!" Harper squealed. 

"Do you wanna help me open them?"

"Uh-huh!" 

Harper sat on Seth's lap and he unwrapped the huge box which contained the blender. His face lit up when he saw it.

"Vi! I've wanted this for years!"

"I know." I laughed. 

He moved on to the candy which of course he was excited about. He opened up Harper's card and looked at her little hand print.

"Is that your hand?" He pointed.

"Ya! Mommy help me."

"I love it baby. Thank you so much sweet girl." He kissed her cheek and she giggled. 

I then handed him the card I had written. I thought I would be nervous about giving it to him, but I wasn't. He ripped it open. As he read the card I could for sure tell he was starting to tear up, which made me tear up. All I ever do is cry now a days!

"Wow, Vi. Thank you. That means the world to me."

"You're welcome."  I whispered. I handed him the canvas and Harper helped him rip open the wrapping paper.

"Violet, this is beautiful!" A few tears slid down his cheek.

"I noticed we didn't have any pictures of you and Harper up. I thought I'd get one. We can put it above the couch."

He shook his head still in awe. 

"Look baby, that's you and daddy and baby Matthew." 

"Uh-huh." She yawned. 

"We should probably get her to bed." I said.

It'd been a long day of celebrating Seth's birthday with Seth's parents and brothers. 

"Come on sweetheart." He kissed her head and carried her to her room. 

At 12am, There was knock at the door. It was late and it was storming outside. Who on earth would be here? I got up from my chair and went to open the door. 

In front of me stood a soaked Dallas. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. 

"Hey Violetttt." He slurred his words. 

"Dallas, what the hell are you doing here? It's so late and it's storming!" 

"Who is it, Vi?" Seth called from the living room.

"Dallas." I called back. Seth came up behind me placing a hand on my back. 

"I'm going to ask you nicely to leave, Dallas." Seth spoke gritted through his teeth. 

"Whyy? Because you want Violet all to yourself?" 

Seth was getting angry.

"No, because this is my house and I don't want strangers here." 

I put a hand on Seth's chest to calm him down. 

"Seth," I whispered, "He's too drunk to drive. We can't let him go."

He pulled his keys out of his pocket, "Than I will drive him." 

"Seth, that is not a good idea & you know that." 

Seth shook his head and backed away from the door. 

"Come in, Dallas."

Dallas stumbled in and I put his arm around my shoulders so he wouldn't fall. I led him over to the couch and he crashed onto it. I took his shoes off and put a pillow under his head. 

His clothes were soaked. I gently lifted the wet tshirt over his head and threw it on the coffee table. I then went to unbutton his jeans. De ja vu? 

"What are you doing?" Seth snapped.

"Well, do you wanna do this?" 

Seth quickly shook his head no.

"That's what I thought." 

I finished taking off the soaked jeans and put a throw blanket over his body. 

I placed my hands on my temple at the site of him. What a mess. Seth still stood behind me with his hands across his chest. I walked back to him and wrapped my arms around him placing my head on his chest. 

"I'm sorry." I pouted giving him a puppy dog look. Just like I used to in high school. He of course gave in and hugged me back. 

"It's okay, Vi. Safety first." 

Safety first. 

Guys! I seriously need your feedback. Do you guys want Seth and Violet to end up in a relationship, or friends? What about Dallas? Being honest I'm leaning more towards Seth, but I wanna know what you guys want. So, please, please let me know!! Thank you!

xx Jodi 

Socials:

Youtube: Jodi lovinglife

Instagram: jodilovinglifee

Twitter: Jodiimarlene

VSCO: okjodi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 29 10
Y/n Lockwood and her family moved away from Europe, away from her friends, away from her home, away from everything she knew. Being the now middle ch...
2.1K 105 21
Some things are meant to be left alone Jessica is a 14 year old girl who has been abused, raped, and orphaned. She doesn't think she can ever be heal...
50K 1.2K 49
"I'm like old enough to be your mum." I say to Jakob not even bothering to hide away how amusing I am finding the idea. "You're only ten months olde...
95.9K 2.9K 33
❝Three dragons and their naughty little pet.❞ There's a rule in piracy - never fuck with the Dragons because they burn you alive. Literally. I'm not...