Along Came Nya (Ninjago fanfi...

By lightningearth

Jay Gordon is the son of Ninjago's most famous movie star. His life is going nowhere until he meets Nya Smith... More

Chapter One - 18
Chapter Two - I remember you
Chapter Three - Promises
Chapter Four - Our project
Chapter Five - Not so bad
Chapter Six - Newbies
Chapter Seven - More than friends?
Chapter Eight - Work out your feelings
Chapter Nine - I'll call you
Chapter Ten - Want to kiss ya
Chapter Eleven - Warm Goodbyes
Chapter Twelve - Hilda Returns
Chapter Thirteen - Ex-man of the house
Chapter Fourteen - Broken Hearts
Chapter Sixteen - New Roommate
Chapter Seventeen - Back to normal

Chapter Fifteen - The truth hurts

1.6K 47 181
By lightningearth

"What were you thinking?!" Kai yelled.

"It wasn't me! It was Cole." She smirked.

"And you didn't think of helping me?!" He exclaimed.

Nya thought for a second.

"Nope."

Kai rolled his eyes. "I honestly thought you had changed."

"Yeah, and the only reason I changed was because of Jay. So now you're admitting it was a good thing." She grunted.

"That's not what I'm talking about!" He cut in. "I'm saying that you used to care for me, love me, support me, but you went behind my back."

"That's only because I realised what a lying, greedy pig you are!" She shouted.

"How dare you!" Kai yelled in his sister's face.

After Cole had left, Nya stayed in her room all evening. She was too scared to come downstairs and talk to her brother after what had happened. She woke up early in the morning and decided to get breakfast before Kai had woken up but to her surprise, he was already awake.

"It's true though! And you know it! You never cared about me, you only ever cared about yourself!" Nya snapped.

"I have always been there for you and this is how you treat me?! You treat me like some scum that you've just scraped off the bottom of your shoe?! And after I've been so nice to you as well." Kai shook his head in disappointment.

Nya laughed sarcastically. "Me? Treat you like c**p?! You've got to be kidding me."

"I've only ever wanted what's best for you. I've given you everything you've ever wanted." He told her.

"The only things I have ever wanted, you can't and you won't give them to me!" She argued.

"Oh really? Like what?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Jay, you took him away from me. A normal teenage life, but instead you make me work here. Our parents, but there is no way in hell that you could possibly bring them back—" She replied harshly.

"Okay, okay, you've proven you're point. That doesn't mean you can disrespect me though!" He shouted.

"I told you, it was Cole's idea!" She answered back.

Kai paused. "So you agreed with him?"

"It's what you deserved." She mumbled.

Kai shook his head. "I've been so nice to you, Nya. I've really tried to stay patient with you over all these years because of the way you act."

"That's you're own fault. You brought me up that way." Nya rolled her eyes.

"This is how you repay me?!" He yelled.

Nya fell silent.

Kai gritted his teeth. "I should've just left you. I should've given you to someone else. Someone who could've raised you properly then? Huh? Then you wouldn't have any family at all!"

"The fact that we don't have any family isn't my fault! It's yours!" She shouted.

"Nya." Kai groaned.

"You were the one who killed them!" She snapped.

"WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THAT." Kai raised his voice at her, his breathing heavy.

Nya fell quiet as she looked down at his clenched fist. In his hand was a knife. He must have picked it up whilst he was stood by the counter. But she hasn't noticed it before.

Nya began to panic slightly.

"Kai... listen to me... we can move on from what happened, okay?" She bit her lip.

Kai shook his head.

"Look, I'm sorry... if you want me to stay away from Jay and look after the shop with you, then I will... I promise... I will not let you down this time." She felt tears welling up in her eyes.

Kai came closer to her slightly. "Lies."

"I'm not lying, Kai. You have to trust me, okay?" She pleaded. "Kai, just put the knife down."

His breathing became heavier with every breath.

"Kai, please. You wouldn't hurt your sister, would you? You're innocent... little sister." She panicked.

Kai stopped himself from moving any closer, Nya's eyes were shut tight. She opened them slowly, one at a time to see Kai stood right in front of her.

"I won't tell anyone what happened. Please just don't hurt me." She begged.

"Go."

"What?"

"Just go. And don't bother coming back." He stated angrily.

Nya nodded, a tear falling down her cheek. She ran past him and out the door. She sprinted down the road and far away from the Blacksmith Shop. She kept going until she couldn't run anymore.

But she knew exactly where she was going.

"So how was school yesterday? Great? Boring? I bet it was boring. It always is boring. Is it boring for you? How is your girlfriend? Boring too?"

"She isn't my girlfriend anymore, okay? She dumped me." Jay stated, annoyed.

Brady burst into laughter. "That's the best news I've heard in weeks."

Jay rolled his eyes. "Yeah well I don't want anything to do with her, okay?"

Brady smirked. "What happened? Did she cheat on you? I bet you it was with that Cole guy. He seemed pretty cool around her. It's obvious that something is going on between them, don't ya think?"

"Keep your nose out of other people's business, Brady." Jay snapped.

Brady gasped. "She cheated, didn't she?"

"No, she didn't now shut up." Jay replied.

"Jason, you're girlfriend is here." Katherine called from downstairs.

"She isn't my girlfriend! Tell her to go away!" Jay shouted back.

Jay turned to the doorway of his bedroom to see Nya, panicked and out of breath. He frowned.

"Nya?"

Nya's eyes began to close and she fell to the floor, weak. Jay lept off his bed and ran towards her.

"Do you want me to call an ambulance? I know the number. It's—" Brady suggested.

"No. Just go get me a glass of water." Jay told him as he placed a hand on Nya's forehead.

"Warm or cold water? They are both very nice to me but—" Brady began.

"COLD AND HURRY UP ABOUT IT." Jay shouted.

Brady scurried off.

"Hey, Nya, come on wake up." He began to panic a little.

She made a sort of moaning noise.

"Nya?"

"Jay?" She said weakly.

Jay took a sigh of relief. "Come on, let's get you onto the bed."

He picked her up bridal style and place her on his bed gently. Her head laid on his pillow, her body on top of the covers.

"You're gonna be okay." He took her hand and started to rub the back of her hand with his thumb for comfort.

"Jay, I'm scared—" she began, tears streaming from her eyes.

"It's okay... just calm down." He whispered softly.

"He-He-he had a Kn-n-nife." She spoke worriedly.

Jay's eyes widened.

"Who had a knife?"

"Kai. He had a knife."

There was a knock at the front door. Jay opened it to see Cole looking rather confused.

"Why did you call me here so urgently?" Cole frowned.

"Come in." Jay said.

"I'm missing school for this." Cole stated, annoyed. But for some reason, Cole hated school so he should have been okay with this.

Cole wandered into the living room, followed by Jay.

"You guys are here too?" Cole peered over at Lloyd, Zane and Nya.

They were all sat down on the sofa, whilst a policeman was sat on a chair opposite them.

"Okay so could you explain what happened for me when you were at the blacksmith's shop last night, Cole?" He asked.

Cole froze.

"Please, this is a serious case. I need to know everything that had happened." He stated.

Cole looked at Nya, who looked rather shaken up. She didn't make eye contact with anyone. Jay sat beside her, holding her hand tightly. Cole's gaze returned to the policeman and nodded.

"So I had arrived there to talk to Nya after school due to events that happened that day. Just some high school drama that I wanted to sort out." Cole began. "After taking with Nya, I went to Kai and had a little chat with him."

"A little chat?" The policeman raised an eyebrow.

"And I may have accidentally punched him... possibly..." Cole have him an innocent smile.

"You punched him?" He frowned.

"For my defence, he was being a b***h so..." Cole trailed off.

"Was there any sort of strange behaviour coming from Kai during your visit?" He wondered.

Cole shook his head. "Not really but I did see him staring at a random knife that had been set on the counter. I didn't think anything of it at the time but I have a feeling something has happened by the way Nya looks."

"The knife. Does have anything to do with what happened today?" The policeman asked.

Nya nodded slightly.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"Kai was mad at me for laughing at him when Cole has punched him so we got into an argument. He picked up the knife and started acting really weird and creepy kinda. I was scared for my life. I thought he was gonna stab me. But he let me go before I got hurt." She explained.

The boys exchanged looks before peering over at Nya.

"He was going to stab you?!" They exclaimed.

"Is this the first time this has happened?" The policeman asked her.

Nya broke eye contact and bit her lip. She held Jay's hand tighter.

"I repeat, is this the first time this has happened?"

"Not to me, no." She stated.

"To whom else has he threatened to kill?" He frowned.

"Not threatened... killed." She stated with worry in her voice.

"Killed?!" The boys exclaimed.

"Who did he kill? Nya, I need to know immediately. Who did Kai kill?" He repeated.

She took a deep breath before looking him in the eye. "My parents."

"Y-you're parents?" Jay frowned. "But you told me that they—"

"He told me I had to keep it a secret." She interrupted.

"And what were the names of your parents?" He asked, writing something down on his notepad.

"Ray and Maya Smith." She replied.

"This is a serious matter, Nya, you could have been seriously hurt. And so could many more people. You should have spoken to us straight away." He told her.

"He threatened me and Skylor. That's the only reason why she's still with him." She argued.

"Skylor who?" He frowned.

"Skylor Chen."

"Okay, that's all I need to know. I will personally arrest him myself and get him sent to custody." He told her as he stood up.

Nya nodded, another tear falling down her cheek. Jay pulled her into a hug.

"You were brave, Nya."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552 36 4
Jay finally builds up the courage to talk to the girl. Nya finally gets the nerve to ask to meet her online crush in real life. In their pursuits of...
16.9K 726 18
Ninjago AU: Antonia (Toni) Smith is a high school student in her final year, who has just stated working part-time at the local comic book store. She...
6.6K 207 30
Kaila Walker was just your ordinary 17 year old teenager that's gifted with the power to control water. She was an outcast, feared by many of her peo...
17.8K 513 26
Taking place shortly after the events of The Hands of Time: when a mission to save kidnapped kids goes wrong, a mysterious clan believes Jay holds th...