Vamp Guards ✔️

Oleh S_Faith

"Who are we? Well for starters, this is my prince, my heart, the love of my undead life." "And this is Kai, m... Lebih Banyak

[•••]
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y-O N E
T W E N T Y-T W O
T W E N T Y-T H R E E
T W E N T Y-F O U R
T W E N T Y-F I V E
T W E N T Y-S I X
T W E N T Y-S E V E N
T W E N T Y-E I G H T
T W E N T Y-N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y-O N E
T H I R T Y-T W O
T H I R T Y-T H R E E
T H I R T Y-F O U R
T H I R T Y-F I V E
T H I R T Y-S I X
T H I R T Y-S E V E N
T H I R T Y-E I G H T
T H I R T Y-N I N E
F O R T Y
F O R T Y-O N E
F O R T Y-T W O
F O R T Y-T H R E E
F O R T Y-F O U R
F O R T Y-F I V E
F O R T Y-S I X
F O R T Y-S E V E N
F O R T Y-E I G H T
F O R T Y-N I N E
F I F T Y
F I F T Y-O N E
F I F T Y-T W O
F I F T Y-T H R E E
F I F T Y -F O U R
F I F T Y-S I X
F I F T Y-S E V E N
F I F T Y-E I G H T
F I F T Y-N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y-O N E
S I X T Y-T W O
S I X T Y-T H R E E
S I X T Y-F O U R
S I X T Y-F I V E
S I X T Y-S I X
S I X T Y-S E V E N
S I X T Y-E I G H T
S I X T Y-N I N E
S E V E N T Y
S E V E N T Y-O N E
S E V E N T Y-T W O
S E V E N T Y-T H R E E
S E V E N T Y-F O U R
E P I L O G U E
Fun Facts

F I F T Y-F I V E

3.3K 203 39
Oleh S_Faith

"Thanks for listening to me, Iris. I get you need time to comprehend it all, but I appreciate that you at least listened."  Zoe stood by her bedroom door with Iris beside her.

After convincing Kai that Zoe was on their side and indeed had good intentions he walked her to her room. Kai explained the situation to the other guards, and since their wariness was definite, Iris figured it was best to stay near Zoe whenever and as long as he could.

Iris didn't tell Kai what Zoe had said in detail, but rather suggested they were in a calm state of mins first. And alone.

Iris nodded his head and showed a soft smile. "I did say I would try to aid a vampire in need. Listening was the least I could do."

"Well, thank you. I'll stay patient for your answers." Even though she seemed composed and had loose shoulders, Zoe was still nervous. Iris saw right passed the shield in her oceanic eyes and it was hard to suppress the urge to council her in some sort of way.

"For what it's worth–" Iris laid a hand on Zoe's shoulder. "–I believe your intentions were and are genuine."

Zoe smiled and patted his hand. They bid each other goodnight and Iris watched Zoe enter her room before leaving down the hall.

His heart did a flip when he turned the corner and saw Kai leaning against the wall. It thumped with awe rather than fear.

"I thought you were telling the guards what happened?"

Kai pushed himself off the wall. "I did, only the first class has to know. For now."

Iris nodded and slightly raised his eyebrows when Kai took his right hand and started pulling him with him down the hall.

"Kai."

"Hm?"

"Don't you have to be with the other guards?"

"I'm staying with you tonight."

"Why?" Iris hurried his feet so he walked alongside Kai, who looked away and didn't answer the question.

They made it to Iris's room in silence and only when they entered and shut the door did Iris fix the lack of words.

"You're jealous."

Kai couldn't have made a more offended expression. "Excuse me?"

Iris grinned and leaned closer to Kai, making him inch back till his back touched the door.

"Jealous."

"What makes you think that?"

"Well, you gave Zoe and me a dirty look when we walked out of the cell holding hands. You don't like it when we're together and didn't like it even before you knew she was a vampire. I understand, but just admit it."

"I am not jealous."

"You are very much so. Wary of my relationship of her."

Kai put a hand on Iris's chest, nudging his away. "I'm not jealous. Wary is a good word. I don't trust her, especially with you."

"Kai, I know how to take care of myself."

"You don't know what she's capable of."

"You forget how capable I am."

"I–" Kai sighed and laid his hands on the prince's shoulders. "I'm just trying to protect you Iris. It's my job."

"Technically, no. You're not my bodyguard anymore."

"I don't have to be to look out for you. To worry or care. That's what you do for someone you care about."

Iris searched inside Kai's eyes, and in his sight Iris felt much more alive. Full. Less alone.

"I missed you."

Kai raised his eyebrows before furrowing them and smiling lightly. "That was random."

Iris sighed and leaned forward again but this time to rest the side of his head on Kai's shoulder.

"Don't you miss when things were simple?"

"They were never simple."

"Okay, enjoyable."

Kai smiled and stroked Iris's hair while he leaned his own head on the door.

"Yes," he sighed. "I do. But you can't give up on the future. We'll work through this you know."

"I know, I'm just...just tired. Overwhelmed. Times like this just make me remember years back. Even months."

"When I pinned you every time we spared."

"Not every time."

"Mmm, yes, yes every time. And when you were annoyingly stingy with your food."

"Hey, those cookies are like heaven in my mouth. Every bite counts."

Kai and Iris chuckled at the same time. These moments they shared were precious and seemed vary valuable during these days. Scarce, so they treated the time carefully. Paid mind to every word they spoke, treasured every reaction. They found solace in the kisses they shared and in every second of warmth their embraces transferred. 

Times were certainly changing, changing in ways they didn't expect or prepare for. It meant a lot to one another when the other tried to brighten up the mood, because with the atmosphere constantly staying tense, a little humor didn't hurt anyone. And Kai's smile made Iris's heart flutter, and the sparkle in the prince's eyes never failed to give Kai hope.

Recently these moments were growing rare, but they'd never lose their priceless value.

††

The time Iris and Kai spent together the night before was important because Iris hung out with Zoe almost all day the next morning.

They exchanged more information, some Iris wished Zoe told him last night.

Apparently Zoe's sister was in search for Vridora as well. Possibly still is. The auction Iris and Kai checked out a while back was filled with vampires she turned. Iris and Zoe could only assume Annesa wasn't aware she was so close to Vridora, because why would she wait so long to attack?

If she was as desperate for war as Zoe exclaimed her to be, Iris didn't believe  she would stall or be contemplating her plan.

They talked until dinner. The guards were less strict but continued to keep an eye on Zoe. They haven't told Arlo or Amilea, Iris still needed to piece everything together first.

After they ate, Iris, Zoe, Kai, and Sage spent the hour before bed in the library. Zoe had something further important to discuss in private, and Sage suggested the library. 'Less suspicion' she said.

"I doubt you have any books on them, but, uh, before anything else, finding at least one of these should be our main priority." Zoe slid the small piece of paper she was drawing on in the center of the table they stood around, and the rest leaned in to study it.

"A dagger?" Kai asked incredulously.

"Not just any dagger." Zoe tabbed the paper. "It started off as a rumor, but then I seen it with my own eyes. One fatal stab into a vampire's flesh and their dead."

Kai scoffed and leaned back in his chair. "Foolish. There's no such thing."

"I'd have to agree," Sage added along. "Seems impossible."

"I've seen it," Zoe snapped. Her voice suddenly sounded desperate and she sighed. "I've seen it before. Their flesh seemed to burn at first before they fell dead. It may not sound believable but it's real."

"You want us to postpone our original plans because you want to find an imaginary weapon that kills vampires in with one swipe. Yes, so believable."

Zoe groaned in frustration before leaning closer to Kai.

"I'm trying to help you here!"

"Seems like you're trying to gain our trust just to sabotage us."

"Ugh! Stop being close minded!"

"Stop being suspicious!"

While Kai and Zoe bickered back and fourth, Sage watching with a smile, Iris slowly reached for the paper and brought it closer to him.

He studied the drawing Zoe had roughly sketched. His fingers ran across ink and the design triggered something in his memory. Suddenly in the middle of Kai and Zoe's argument, Iris shot up from his seat.

The two vampire halted and watched as he wordlessly took the paper with him before running out of the library. Kai and Zoe glanced at each other. Then scowled.

"You scared him away," Zoe muttered, crossing her arms.

Kai scoffed. "You were the one screaming."

"You weren't listening to me."

"Guys, come on." Sage sat up from her chair with an impatient sigh. Though she found amusement in their fight it grew annoying rather fast. "You should go check on Iris."

Both Kai and Zoe started pushing their chairs in. Kai glared his own daggers into her.

"Not you," he growled.

Zoe rolled her eyes but put her hands up in submission. She stayed back with Sage while Kai hurried after Iris.

He wandered down the halls till he noticed Iris's bedroom door was parted open. He pushed it open and saw Iris rummaging through his desk drawer.

"Iris?" Kai stepped inside and walked over to him. Just as he stood in front of the desk, Iris moved around it and made his way to his book shelf. Kai arched a brow when Iris knocked some books off by accident as he reached behind some. He aas usually very careful with his books.

"Iris, what are you looking for?"

"Book."

"Okay...want to be more specific?"

"Blue...golden–blue!" Iris grabbed a small blue covered book from the shelf. It was old, torn edges and had a  slightly dirty cover. This made Kai more confused.

"Alright. What's it for?"

Iris walked back around the desk and laid the book down. The picture of the dagger beside it. Iris flipped through the pages with his eyes scanning quickly across each page. When he finally came to the one he desired, a shaky breath left his mouth.

"Look." Iris ran his hand down the page before turning the book to face Kai, who gave a skeptical expression before leaning in to see what Iris was so worked up about.

"It's a dagger."

"Mhm."

"A dagger..." Kai's attention roamed over to Zoe's drawing and his eyebrows knitted together. He grabbed the paper and held it beside the picture in the book. Both drawings were of daggers with a distinct handle. A man's head appeared to be molded onto the handle, though the drawing in the book seemed to be in more detail.

"They're the same. The dagger is real, Kai."

Kai slowly lowered the paper and looked up at Iris. "But...does it not come across as suspicious to you? She could have made all of this up just to gain your trust. She might want us to help her find this dagger for her so she can use it against us."

Iris sighed and gathered the book and small paper. "Kai, open you eyes. I trust her not only because her story sounded real. It all connects, it would be suspicious if it didn't. Can you relax?"

"I just don't believe everything she tells us."

"Then don't. I'll believe it. Because she wants my help, not yours. If this is real–the battle her sister wants–with this we can gain the upper hand."

Kai's expression became blank and unreadable when Iris finished, causing him to sigh.

"I do care what you think Kai, but I'm going to stick to my gut instinct on this one. If you don't want to share my views.." Iris shrugged his shoulders.
"Then don't help."

Kai watched Iris turn to leave the room. He looked down before clenched his jaw.

"Iris."

The prince glanced at his elbow when it was grabbed. He then looked at Kai, a little bit of every emotion hidden away in his eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize."

"I just–I won't see you again for another day and I don't want you leaving mad or upset."

"I'm not really neither."

"Fine, with that expression on your face."

Iris diverting his gaze and peered down. "I just wish you see her the way I do. I see honesty. I see someone who wants help, my help, someone who tuckes their pain away for the greater good. I understand you're wary...maybe jealous –" Kai rolled his eyes. "–but at least respect her offers."

Kai seemed to visibly contemplate his suggestion. He bit the corner of his lip, his fang poking out, and he closed his eyes.

"Fine," he eventually agreed. "But I'll only fully agree if you'll allow me to break her neck if she does turn out to be who I envision her as."

Iris shook his head, a small smile curling his lips.

"Whatever makes you happy. Just, don't tell her her said that."

Though knowing Kai, he'd probably tell.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

883K 40.6K 45
Humans didn't know vampires existed, yet they live among them just because they don't make themselves known doesn't mean they are not there. *** Onl...
87.5K 3.8K 134
[[MATURE CONTENT]] Pack, family, mate. Loyalty, respect, honor. These are the words that form the foundation of the wolf society. At six years old, E...
673K 41.3K 105
The day that Kai learns that he's half-human, half-merman and that he's the key to ending a 100-year-old war, is also the day that the entire ocean l...
554K 24.2K 56
"Where is he?" "What are you talking about son? You have to calm down, you're not thinking straight." "Don't ask me to calm down! He's gone and I kno...