A Sinner's Chance (TaeKook FF)

By friz-96

•Werewolf AU Taehyung is the son of one of the most powerful Alphas in Korea. Unfortunately that is why his... More

Were-Universe
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (M)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (M)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 (M)
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (M)
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Not an update

Chapter 46

6.7K 317 31
By friz-96

Tae's POV:

I looked around the room silently. The atmosphere was solemn and grim.

Not again. I groaned on the inward.

My eyes fell to the one person who hadn't raised his head or spoken even once during the entire briefing. A strong sense of déjà vu hit me as I looked at Jungkook. We were all gathered in the Alpha's office once again, discussing the new turn of events. He stood next to the door, quite a distance away from me, as I stood next to Jimin. I was strongly reminded of when we gathered to discuss Jihoon for the first time.

"Well that's about it. We need you all to be vigilant. Be careful of everything around, especially if you're around Jungkook and Taehyung."

There were nods all around as Namjoon ended his long speech with those words.

Jungkook was the first to turn to leave the office, but I wasn't going to let him go this time. I shoved away from the wall as fast as I could. I caught his arm just as he fully stepped out of the room. I knew he could sense it was me. He didn't turn so I did the only thing I could to hold him to me. I wrapped my arms around him and clung to his back.

"Don't run away Jungkook."

I clung to him, as I felt my eyes getting wet. The silence stretched on both our parts as I tried to keep my emotions in check.

"Please Kook. I can take anything, anything, if you're standing with me."

His reply reached my ears in a strangled whisper.

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Ok." I replied.

I didn't make a move to get off his back and silence rang around us again. Jungkook twisted his neck to look at me.

"You plan to get off anytime soon?"

"Nope." I replied.

A small chuckle hit my ears.

"Ok then, I guess I have no choice but to walk on like this. We're holding up everyone else." 

I craned my neck at his words. Sure enough we were standing right outside the office door. As I turned everyone was in line of sight but busy talking to each other. I'm sure they had heard our conversation; their pretence didn't slip past me.

"Just move. I'm staying right here." I whispered to Jungkook.

His laughter rumbled deep in his chest, but he started walking forward as I clung to his back. He brought his arms back and secured them below my thighs to prop me up. I instantly buried my face in his neck. 

-------------------------------------

Lunch was a mess. As usual.

I felt laughter bubble up inside me as I watched Sehun steal food from Hoseok's plate. He caught my gaze and winked, stuffing the food into his mouth. Half the table was debating about some movie I hadn't caught the name of. Jin and Joon hyung were talking amongst themselves. Jungkook rolled his eyes at some new argument Sehun presented for the debate. He laughed and I felt my emotions clawing their way to the surface. I leaned towards his side, I felt when Jungkook stilled feeling my breath along his neck.

"I love you." I whispered into his ear. I started to straighten back to my place but a strong grip on my forearm kept me in my place.

"You cannot do something like that Taehyung and expect no consequences." Jungkook's eyes burned. I noticed a blush rising along his neck, and then he smashed his lips to mine. It was a hurried kiss, an exploding one. Jungkook replied to my words through his actions and I felt it all the way to the cells of my body.

"Jungkook, you can take your personal meal to your room."

I pushed Jungkook away to find Jin hyung rolling his eyes, while everyone else except Joon hyung had their phone cameras directed at us.

"Yes, Jin hyung. As soon as I am done with the amazing food you've cooked." Jin rolled his eyes again at Jungkook.

"Joon Hyung. I need to ask you something." Jungkook looked at Namjoon. I furrowed my brows, trying to think what he could possibly need.

"Yes Kookie?"

"I know the timing isn't right. At all. But college will start soon, and I was thinking that maybe Taehyung and I could plan a small trip? Just a few days." 

Namjoon raised his brows, while I felt mine furrow further. Jungkook hadn't discussed anything of the sort with me.

"That might be a good idea Kookie. You two need time off. But," He stopped, his face impassive, "I think it would be better if someone else from the pack tagged along."

"YES! A TRIP!" Hoseok and Sehun yelled.

"No. None of you." They deflated instantly. Joon hyung looked at Yoongi and Jimin, "How about you two? You had to cut your last trip short. Besides you're newly mated too. It would be good for you all."

Yoongi hyung turned to Jimin, and I felt like jumping in my seat. Jimin and I had never been on a trip together! You've never gone anywhere, Tae.

Jimin looked at me and I nodded my head vigorously. He grinned and nodded to Yoongi hyung. There were groans from others as they pleaded to go along too.

"So, that's that. You have some place in mind Kookie?" Yoongi asked amidst the noise.

I looked at Jungkook to find a mischievous smile on his face.

"I sure do. I'll tell you later."

"Why? Tell us." I poked him in the side.

"It's a surprise for you."

"What!? My jaw dropped as I stared at him incredulously. But how will I know what to pack and...and..."

"Don't worry. I'll pack your bags."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You'll know soon, Tae." He patted my head making me pout and roll my eyes at once. "We leave tonight, hyung."

----------------------------------------

"Did we have to bring your jeep, Kookie?"

"It would be best for the paths we'll be crossing."

"But what about when the temperature drops?"

"Temperature drops?" Jimin and I exclaimed together.

Jungkook shot Yoongi a look. Jimin and I were snuggled in the back seats of his jeep, while he was driving with Yoongi in the passenger seat. They hadn't told us both where we were headed and had even gone to Joon hyung's office to make the reservations.

Soon we were turning onto the highway. Jimin and I snuggled further into the blanket wrapped around us, when the cool night wind hit us. Jungkook had rolled open the top of the jeep, but still it wasn't good protection against the wind. After another three hours travel, Jungkook pulled into a rest stop. All of us scrambled out and stretched to relive our muscles.

"Let's get snacks." Yoongi muttered and pulled Jimin behind him.

"How much longer?" I looked at Jungkook who was bending and checking the jeep's tyres.

He looked at me and grinned, "Not much. Why? You tired?"

"No. Yoongi hyung went to get snacks so I thought we still had a long way to go."

"Not really."

He stood up and leaned against the side. "Come here."

I took a step forward, and Jungkook stretched his arms out to hold me and pulled me to him. I looked up at him.

"You remember our bet?"

"Yeah? What about it?"

"Have you decided what you want me to do?"

"Yes and no."

He raised his eyebrow, waiting for me to elaborate.

"I have an idea what I want you to do but I have yet to think it over."

"Ok. I have decided what I want. In a few hours. So, get some sleep until we reach there."

"What? What? You have to tell me what." I pleaded.

"No." He grinned, his fingers grazing my cheek up to my ear.

"That's not fair."

He shrugged. "I won't ask you either."

"But you just did!"

"I don't really want to know what." 

"Not Fair Kook." I pouted at him.

"You two done? Let's go."

We both turned at Jimin's voice and separated. We were back on the road in no time. I took heed to Jungkook's advice and tried my best to fall asleep.

------------------------------------

I felt Jimin shifting next to me and grunted in protest.

"Wake up, Tae, and look."

My eyes shot open as Jungkook's barely-there whisper reverberated in my ears. I opened my eyes to find myself cocooned against Jungkook not Jimin. My eyes wandered to the front to find Yoongi in the driving seat with Jimin beside him. But what caught my attention was the incline we were heading towards.

"We're in the mountains?"

"Yeah." Jungkook smiled down at me as I sat up. "We'll be there in a few more minutes."

Now that I was awake, I felt how cold the wind had become. Yoongi and Jimin were wearing jackets, while I was covered with a heavy blanket. I looked to my right and almost yelped.

"We're so high."

Jungkook hummed in response while I attached my body to his. Two more turns and I saw a building nestled on the rocky top of the mountain. It had a rustic feeling to it, much like the Bangtan pack lands but the structure was majorly constructed of wood. Metal pillars supported one end of the lodge, which was built over the edge of the mountain, almost in air.

"That's so cool! Good choice Jungkook!" Jimin exclaimed, clapping his hands in excitement.

"Thanks. A friend from college found a job here for the summer and recommended it." He turned to watch me, "You like it?"

"It's beautiful. And high."

Jungkook laughed. "Don't worry. I'm going to be with you at all times."

Yoongi parked the jeep between a few other cars. Jungkook nudged me, "Let's go. We're going to be late." 

"Late? Late for what?" I scrambled out after him.

He began to walk towards the lodge's main stairs.

"Jungkook. What about our stuff?"

"Later!" He waved at us to hurry.

We entered the lodge and the main hall was decorated like a huge living room. There was a bar in the corner and Jungkook was standing at the reception desk his arms around another guy. He moved and pulled me to his side.

"Taehyung, meet Yugyeom. He's a friend from college. We've worked on many projects together."

"But none can reach Jungkook's level." The guy smiled at me.

"Oh shut up! and meet my love, Taehyung."

Yugyeom's surprised expression made me chuckle. I waved at him in greeting.

"Oh wow. This is going to be amazing! Everyone is going to be so shocked when college starts."

"Tae's going to begin his studies at our college too, but he's joined the Music department."

"Interesting." Yugyeom grinned. "And this is?" He turned to Yoongi and Jimin.

"This is my hyung, Yoongi hyung and his boyfriend, also Tae's bestfreind, Jimin."

They exchanged greetings and Yugyeom turned to look at the clock behind the counter. "You got here at the right time. Let's go."

"Lead the way." Jungkook grinned and began to walk behind him, ignoring our questioning gazes.

--------------------------------------

"Jungkook." I repeated for the hundred thousandth time. "I can't do this."

"Yes, you can. I'll be right here. Right behind you."

"You two good to go? Jungkook, you'll be pulling open. Remember to keep track of the distance."

Jungkook nodded at the instructor, who then took a few steps back from where we were standing. Yoongi, Jimin, Yugyeom and the instructor stood a few feet away from us. They smiled at me encouragingly and I looked away, grimacing. My anxiety increased and my hands fiddled with my jacket's buckles.

"Stop tugging on the ties, Tae. I've done this before. It's totally safe."

"Have you done it here before?"

"No."

My heart sank and I tried to step back from the ledge again, but Jungkook was strapped to me and made it impossible to move.

"Tae." He bent low to whisper in my ear. "I am right here. Trust me."

His hand brushed my hand where I was tightening my grip at the holders.

"Jungkook!" I called out in warning.

He chuckled and placed his chin on my shoulder.

"You're missing out Taehyung. Watch the horizon."

With all the courage I could muster, I peeled my eyes away from the edge of the ledge and looked up. There were two mountains in our direct line of sight, and Goddess knows how many meters deep drop in front of us. I gulped and clutched at Jungkook's hand which was still next to mine.

We waited in silence for another minute, and then I saw the horizon become lighter. My breath hitched as I watched the dark of night being washed away by swirls of purple, pink and orange.

"It's beautiful."  I breathed out to Jungkook.

"I know." He replied simply.

All of us stood there in silence, watching the sun brighten the horizon. A few more minutes and Jungkook nudged me forward.

"It's time."

"Jungkook. Jungkook. Jungkook. Kook."

"We'll be fine. Close your eyes."

I closed my eyes shut and felt my breath coming quicker and shorter. My body and mind were numb by now. I sensed Jungkook wrapping his arms around me, his muscles contracting and then we were no longer on ground. We were in the air. My breath whooshed out of me, and I forgot to breathe.

—————————

Hi.
I'd like to say a few things.
There's only 4-5 chapters left of this book. I seem to have hit a writer's block with it. I have the plot for the last chapters, but I just can't seem to find the right words. Rather than letting me finish this book, my brain has decided to throw 'new idea parties' in my head. So, I decided it would be better to get those new ideas out of my head before they vanish and to make space for other ideas so I can complete my first book. You can expect me to publish the last few chapters by the end of this month. Thank you for waiting and all your support! I just wanted to get all these stories out of my head and writing them out was a good plan. Now I have 8k views for this story, and the validation feels Amazing.
So if you're a voter, Thankyou. If you're a silent reader, Thankyou. If you're one of my 3 friends who know about this account, Thankyou.
Thankyou everyone 💜

P.s. If you've liked my style, or the plot, or if you're just a sucker for BTS ff (like me), I have published the introduction for my second book. Please give it a read. I would love feedback. 👉🏼👈🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

815K 37.1K 51
-A male omega who despises all alphas from the bottom of his heart due to some past memories is now being betrothed to the trueblood who is the Head...
24.1K 1.3K 21
Book 2 of Alpha's Little Mate. " So it's you, Mr. Kim, from the famous Kim family." His meeky voice broke the tension between them " What do you wan...
179K 6.1K 26
when ,due to a past event Taehyung don't want an Alpha as a mate but got two Alphas in return,and that to be true bloods. So what happens next, let's...
3.4M 207K 52
The love that has blossomed in Taehyung's heart since childhood for a total stranger who saved him from dying one fatal night is the sole reason for...