Survival of the fittest✔️

By AnotherFangal

BTS Apocalypse AU In a world where half the population are living and half are the living dead, you need to b... More

1. The Apocalypse
2. Interrogation
3. Information Revealed
4. Arguments
5. Warnings
6. Scars
7. Scouting
8. Discussions
9. Midnight run
10. Trust formed
11. Everything's changed
12. Dull travelling
13. Unexpected Refuge
14. Teasing from both sides
15. Worried
16. Oh shit
17. Messy Return
18. Scouting
19. Gasoline
20. Burning
21. Pointless graveyard
22. Town
23. Hand her over
24. A safe place to rest
25. Close call
26. Storytime
27. Hope
28. Group meeting
29. Deep talk and new clothes
30. Bonding time
31. Into you
32. Truck Chase
33. Long journey chats
34. Dark night
35. Storytime with Jin and Hobi
36. Oncoming horde
37. No bullet in the head today
37. A little push
38. Taehyung's advice
39. We're not alone
40. Ji-booty
41. Don't jinx us
42. Just keep swimming
43. No such thing as luck
45. Escape story
46. Innocence killed
47. Rooftop camp
48. Jealousy
49. Emergency Exit
50. Baehyun
51. Woo
52. I think we're even.
53. B
54. This is the end.
55. Final destination

44. Almost lost

3K 163 141
By AnotherFangal

(26th June)

Namjoon lowered his gun and hugged you tightly. When he pulled away you could see how stressed he'd been while you'd been split up. His skin was pale and he looked tired. It'd only been a day a few hours but not being together had really taken its toll on him. 

"We nearly there," you told him beating another Biter around the head as it ran towards you and Namjoon, "The water's shallow so we must be near the end."

"Yeah," he muttered then everything went quiet.

Jimin killed the last Biter that was clawing at something under the water and then he suddenly lunged forward, "HYUNG!"

Everyone ran over to him as he pulled an unconscious Jin from out of the water. "What happened?" You asked Namjoon.

"We got attacked and I lost track of him," tears started pouring down his face at the sight of Jin, he was pale and wasn't breathing from the looks of it.

"We need to get him somewhere where there's no water," you ordered looking around quickly, Jin couldn't be dead, he was the glue that held everyone together. "This way."

The boys picked Jin up and quickly carried him over to a car bonnet where he was laid on it gently.

"Starting compressions," Namjoon said a tough look in his watery eyes as he began giving Jin CPR.

There was nothing else anyone could do as he worked pumping his hands hard on Jin's unbreathing chest and counting quietly to himself. You felt a tug on your hand and Jimin and Tae appeared with tears in their eyes. They gripped onto your hands tightly and stood close to you. Hobi joined you a second later his arms around all three of you his chin resting on top of your shoulder.

Namjoon suddenly stopped and broke down in tears but he couldn't stop now this was a crucial time if stopped Jin was gone for good. You broke free of the boys and took over from Namjoon who retreated to hug the guys.

"Come on, oppa," you whispered quietly your tears falling into Jin's chest, already wet chest.

You bent down and gave him three big mouth to mouth breaths. Nothing happened so you tried again. You couldn't lose him. Jin was the glue that held everyone together. His windshield laugh, broad shoulders and instinct to keep everyone safe was so precious. You loved Jin like an older brother and you couldn't lose him, you refused to. 

"Y/N," Taehyung tried to stop you as his voice broke, "He's not coming back."

You knew he was right you broke down in tears resting your forehead on Jin's chest, "Wake up you ugly pabo," you complained gripping his shirt tightly.

You were suddenly thrown off Jin's chest onto the floor as he sat up and cough violently to get the water out of his lungs. You stood up and moved over to him again as he laid back down his eyes half-open.

"Don't call me ugly."

The group breathed a sigh of relief at his weak words and moved forward to see if he was alright.

"I thought we almost lost you there hyung," Hobi said smiling despite his tears.

"Felt like I was almost gone," he agreed holding Hobi's hand and chuckling weakly.

You felt hands on your shoulders and you turned to see Namjoon, "Thank you, Y/N." He hugged you tightly again and cried into your shoulder. You couldn't help but cry with him. All the stress and worry from the last few hours came out onto Namjoons shoulder.

When you broke apart Jin was sitting up resting his hands on his knees to support him, "Come on guys, stop crying. I haven't gone just yet."

Namjoon turned and Jin pulled him into a tight hug, "I was scared we'd lost you."

"We're family, I'm not going anywhere." Jin nodded to you discreetly over Namjoons shoulder and you understood what he meant and nodded back.

"You're bleeding, hyung," Jimin pointed at Jin's chest where blood was starting to ooze.

Jin undid his shirt and pulled it back to reveal a deep scratch. For red, bleeding lines from a Biter were carved into his muscular chest. It went from his left collarbone to the bottom of his peck.

"Look's like you're joining the scratched club," Hobi joked and everyone chuckled even though tears were still fresh on everyone's faces.

"At least I didn't lose my nipple," Jin joked checking it was still there which made everyone laugh harder.

"I'll wrap it up," Namjoon offered taking some supplies out of his bag after he had regained control over himself.

"Would someone be able to rewrap my neck? It came off when we went for a swim," you asked.

"I'll do it, sit down," Tae nodded taking the bandage Namjoon offered him as you slid onto the car next to Jin.

Jin's hand rested on yours and squeezed it gently. You looked at him and nodded, "Thanks for not dying oppa."

He chuckled, "Thanks for not letting me. I'm don't feel ready to leave yet."

You smiled as Namjoon finished wrapping his chest, "That'll leave a good scar."

Jin knew he couldn't complain about it. He'd almost died so coming out of it with a scratch was very lucky. Apart from stinging like a bitch, scratches didn't cause troubles.

"It just makes me more handsome, right Dongsaeng?"

"Of course," you nodded as he smiled and blew an over-exaggerated kiss to you making you all laugh. "Even more handsome with a scar."

"We should get going," Namjoon said darkly when Tae has finished bandaging your neck and shoulder.

"What about Yoongi and Jungkook?" Jimin questioned his face looking very worried.

"Let's just hope they met us at the end like we told them." Namjoon didn't sound hopeful but you knew how determined Jungkook and Yoongi were. Together they'd made it back to you. 

"What did you tell them?" Hobi asked as the group started moving again.

"Well, when you guys got washed away we were stuck. Me, Jin and Tae were at the front with more pipe to go on and Jungkook and Yoongi were trapped behind us and could only go back the way we'd come."

Everyone listened in silence, even though Jin and Tae had been there. They listened with blank looks on their faces and nodded every so often.

"I told them to go back and find another way, god I hope they made it. We went forward and kept going along the pipe until we the pipe stopped and we found another vent. We went through a long corridor for a while until we found our way out into where you guys caught up with us, we ran into infected of course."

"Not too bad then?" Jimin nodded, no one seemed to have found an easy route through this place so far.

You were praying Yoongi and Jungkook were alright. It was making you very worried that they may be trapped somewhere in the tunnel or overrun by Biters.

"Do you think they're gonna make it out?" Tae asked in a quiet voice as if he didn't want to jinx it by just saying it.

"Yeah," Jin replied confidently before Namjoon could speak. "Jungkook is hella tough and Yoongi is clever. Together I think they'll manage it."

"God, I hope you're right," Namjoon sighed looking weak and tired again.

Jin seemed to sense his emotions and wrapped an arm around his shoulders for comfort.

You looked ahead, the water was ankle height now and getting shallower the more you walked, you had to be near the end by now, you'd been going for hours.

"Has anyone tried radioing them?" You asked remembering yours was broken because of the water.

Namjoon nodded, "Yeah we tried to not long after we split up but we got no reply. We tried again just before we got ambushed and no response."

"At least you tried," you nodding looking at the ground not feeling very positive. "Ours were broken because of the water. I hope they're gonna make it."

"I guess we'll find out when we get to the end." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 6.3K 35
Imagine being 5,000 miles away from home, and the entire world decides to shut down. No flights, no phone service, and no one to trust. In a world wi...
85.1K 3.1K 61
Disclaimer: *This story was heavily inspired by the video game called 'The Last of Us' and any similarities will be because of that. Most characters...
173K 6.3K 28
[Book 1] [COMPLETED] (tw/// mentions of blood and gore scenes) "Do we need to fight?" "No" They looked at me confusingly. "We need to survive!" How...
148K 5.4K 46
"Park Jimin you better start fucking running!!" - Meeting your idol in a zombie apocalypse wasn't exactly how you wanted it to happen, but hey! It ca...