F.I.G.H.T. (Completed)

By GenHope

More detailed description in story. Abella Mobisson has been around boxing most of her life. Her father was a... More

F.I.G.H.T.
Cast
00 | Overture
01 | Fight For Life
02 | Chatty Patty
03 | Hellos & Goodbyes
04 | Can I Talk To You?
05 | Free Smoke
06 | Can You Hear Me?
07 | Put You On
08 | Wins & Losses
09 | My Friend
10 | Kiss Of Life
11 | Connection
12 | No Wahala
13 | Pull Up
14 | The Morning After
15 | Red Flags
16 | Met My Match
17 | Misunderstood
18 | Infatuated
19 | Potential
20.1 | Special
20.2 | Struck
21 | My Equal
22 | The Blues
23 | The Test
25 | The Problem
26 | Strike 3
27 | Obvious / Over It
28 | Triggered
29 | Searching
30 | Too Deep
31 | Fear
32 | The Power of Love
33 | Mine
34 | Claiming
35.1 | My Home
35.2 | Home
36 | Love Ain't Enough
37 | Try Me
38 | Us vs. The World
39 | Flyin' High
40 | Losing, Lost
41.1 | The Crisis
41.2 | The Running
41.3 | The Chasing
42 | The Surrender
43 | The Rejoining
44 | Push Me
45 | Draw The Line
46 | Changes
47 | No Pain, No Gain
48 | Old Habits
49 | Prisoner
50 | Kryptonite
51 | F*cked Up
52 | Sabotage
53.1 | Crash
53.2 | Wait
54 | Break
55 | Return
56 | Win or Lose Yo Love
57 | Still Here
58 | Question
59 | Answers
60 | Heartbeat
Epilogue | Denoument

24 | That's How You Feel?

19K 1.2K 1.8K
By GenHope

Round 2

June 29th, 2019

Abella puts in her hoop earrings with flowers dangling from them into her ears before pushing her braids over her shoulder. She's getting ready for Jermell's fight tonight against Jorge Cota. She left Los Angeles, California this morning and had a car drive her and Tamara to Las Vegas, Nevada. It was only four hours, but she's still tired after last nights festivities.

Even with her busy schedule, she tries to show as much support to her friends by coming to their fights. They only fight two or three times a year, so she sees no reason to not take effort to be there every time. Anytime she has a big show or event surrounding her music they're right there as well.

She fixes her dress then walks out of the bathroom into the hotel room. It's a double bed room that she's sharing with Tamara since they'll only be here for tonight. Tamara's going home to New York and she's heading to Houston, Texas next.

"I'm still tired even after a nap," Abella says looking at Tam who sits on the bed putting her heels on.

"You ain't lying. Last night was crazy," she says blowing out air.

Last night after the BET Awards they went out to party with some other celebrities, including Jidenna. She spent most of the night with Megan, but the blogs tried to make a big deal out of one little video Trey Songz posted on his story. They went as far as slowing down the video and zooming in on Abella and Jidenna who were sitting down talking in the background at the club.

She didn't dance on him, didn't touch him, nor did they kiss. Nothing, but they painted this picture that they're getting back together. That's already been shut down. Jidenna and Abella are now only friends.

For some reason people think it's impossible for exes to be only that. It's easy to be cool with someone you're not in love with anymore if you ever really were in the first place.

People have bad habits of thinking when you've loved someone before and reconnect that you still love them.. That you're still in love with them. Really it's just someone you still have love for. There's a difference. It's a familiar feeling, it's nostalgia, but it's not always being in love still.

"Yeah, it was fun," Abella agrees. She looks at the BET Award sitting on the hotel room desk with a small smile. It's not her first award, but she's still happy.

Two years being signed and she feels like she's in a good place. Most artists are still trying to get their first album pushed out and she already has two out. She's glad her label didn't shelf her. Plus, she has a good deal. She's not selling all these records and still broke. She also owns all her Master's.

"You and Jidenna were being friendly..." Here she goes, Abella thinks.

"Friendly because we're friends. That chapter in my life is a wrap. I'm over him and I'm moving on."

"I'm glad to hear that. I hated that phase where you were always talking about him, moping, and not dating. Look at you now. Glowing, getting athletic dick, and living life."

Abella laughs grabbing her Louis Vuitton Alma BB purse putting it on her shoulder. "You get on my nerves."

"Did you respond to Anthony yet?"

"I said thank you when he congratulated me last night after he kept texting me even though I communicated I'm busy and would talk to him when I could." He didn't reply after that, but she really wasn't expecting him to. It was probably 2 or 3 in the morning in London. She was surprised he was up because she knows he goes to sleep early.

"Quit playing with that man's feelings and stop being passive aggressive with him. What his baby mother did is not his fault."

"I'm not playing with his feelings. When I have the time to just sit down and talk to him I will. I have a lot of questions. You ever think about what made the woman act like that sometimes?"

"Yeah, but sometimes women are bat shit crazy. Women can be bitter, jealous, or plain delusional."

"I don't know. There's more to the story that Anthony's not telling me." Abella shrugs not wanting to talk about this. "Let's go."

They both leave out of the hotel room going down the hall to the elevator. "You look cute though. You must be trying to snatch a man tonight," she compliments her publicist as they wait on the elevator...

Abella doesn't give a damn about wearing heels and being too dressed up. After yesterday's award show her feet are still hurting.

"Girl, you need to hook me up with one of your boxer friends. I'm TIED of this dating scene. I might catch a case if a nigga plays with my time and feelings again."

Abella chuckles. "Then I don't think an athlete is for you either. They're at the top of the list of fuck niggas."

"Well, shit. Maybe not something serious. Just introduce me to someone who can give me twelve rounds of dick. Ding, ding, ding!" She says like it's a bell starting the round of a boxing match. Abella dies laughing as the elevator doors open and they both step on.

They get a car service to the Mandalay Bay Events Center being escorted by an employee after showing their wristbands. They get taken to a dressing room where about ten people are in the room including Jermell who's doing pad work with his coach to prepare for the fight.

She walks into the room greeting everybody including the twins' parents, Jermall, and some family friends. When she sees Jermell's son, Elijah, she hugs him. "Eli! You've gotten so big," she says looking at him. He pretty much looks like a lighter skin version of his father.

He's now stands above her waist. She remembers when he was born. She's the godmother to both one of Errol and Jermall's kids, but not Jermell. At first she was offended, then she got over it. Someone's not going to make you the godmother to their child if they like you and want you to be more than the "auntie" aka step momma.

It's crazy that everyone has kids and is settled in life. One day.. She sits down next to Eli talking to him and catching up like he's an old friend from school. He's a grown little man that thinks he's too cool for school.

When Jermell stops doing pad work with his coach he looks at Abella. He lights up a little in a smile when he sees her. "You came," he says walking towards her. "Look who's back from being around the world."

"Of course I did," she says standing up to hug him. Since she's not wearing heels he stands an inch taller than her at 5'11".

When he asked her if she's still coming to his fight she said she'll try her best. It's not the fight he wanted or prepared for. He rather be re-matching Harrison to win his WBC title back, but he's "injured".

"How are you feeling?" She asks him once they pull apart.

"Amazing. This is easy work," Jermell says confidently.

"Alright now. Well, you're looking good," she compliments from what she saw while he was practicing combinations.

"I saw you won that award last night. Congrats."

"Thank you," she says with a smile.

"We need to start wrapping your hands," Jermell's coach, Derrick, informs him.

"Aiight. I'll see you later." Abella gives him a head nod and touches arm before he walks away.

She goes over to his brother Jermall asking, "Did Errol come?"

"Yeah, I think he's in the other room. He told me what went down in Jamaica. That shit is crazy," Mal says shaking his head.

Jermall has all his kids with the same woman. The woman he's been with since high school and who's been down from the beginning. He's glad because he doesn't want that drama.

Rejoice could've been that ride or die for Errol. They could've been the whole high school sweetheart thing, but Rejoice didn't have it in her to be that down woman Errol needed. Now she's trying to make a way in his life anyway she can by telling him about a son she gave up.

Abella goes to the other room and when she walks in she sees Errol giving an interview...

She quietly stands back waiting for him to finish up. When he's done all the press pack up and leave the room resulting in Errol and Abella being alone. "Hey," Abella says in a timid manner not knowing if he's still mad.

Errol immediately laughs. "Hey," he mocks her. "Ain't nobody mad at you anymore." He holds up his hand and they do they're handshake before he pulls her into a hug.

"I was finna say. I don't know why your ass was mad at me in the first place. Shit, I didn't do you nothin'." She playfully pushes his shoulder as he laughs.

"My bad. I was trippin'. Your cousin has a way of pissing me off and taking me out of my character. I apologize," he says touching his chest to add to the sincerity. That's one thing Abella always appreciated about him. He can apologize when he's wrong. They could always bounce back after a disagreement. Their conflicts are forgiven and forgotten easily.

"So you couldn't answer my call to say you're not mad anymore? Had me thinking I lost my best friend."

He laughs at how dramatic she's being. He may be the more emotional one in the friendship, but she has her moments. "I've just been focused. I'm back in the gym since I have a fight coming up."

"Yeah, I saw the announcement for you finally fighting Shawn Porter. That's going to be a good one. I'm glad to see you getting the fights you want."

"Ehh, I could care less about Porter. I really want Pacquiao before he retires." They both sit down to talk.

"I really didn't know that long. That's why I invited Rejoice to Jamaica in the first place, so she can tell you," Abella explains. "She was supposed to wait until I finished my video shoot that day so I could be there, but you know she does what she wants."

"I understand. You know how I get sometimes. I don't get mad often, but when I do I let everybody have it. It's something I'm working on."

"Have you tried looking for the boy?"

Errol lets out a sigh. "Yeah, I called the Dallas Child Protective Services when I got back. They put me in contact with a case worker who's going to help me try and locate him."

"What's the process?"

"She has to find out what Foster Home he's in or if he's in the care of a Foster family. He could've even been adopted by now for all I know. I'm just waiting on a call back. When they find him I have to prove paternity through a DNA test."

"What if you find out he's not even yours?" Abella asks. It is a possibility with the way Rejoice was moving back then with being a cam girl and having sugar daddies.. Even though she says she never slept with them.

"I mentioned that to the case worker. She says then I shouldn't claim paternity unless I'm really the father. Once parental rights are established, your financially responsible for the child until he reaches adulthood. I would feel bad as fuck leaving a child in Foster care, but she said then it's the mother's problem. It'll be her responsibility to fight for him. Something tells me the child's mine though. I feel it deep down."

"So then what happens once you've established paternity?"

"I start the process of getting him from Foster Care to my home."

"Have you told Valore?" That's an important question.

Errol hisses looking off to the side. "Not yet."

"Errol."

"I know. I'ma tell her soon. There's been a lot going on. Shit, her people are planning an engagement party, so I'm just trying to get through that. It's supposed to be next week. I need to get through that and let her be happy then I'll tell her. My girl a Scorpio. She a little crazy," he says making them laugh.

"You better tell her before Rejoice's sneaky ass does it herself," she warns him.

"Trust me, I know. But Rejoice isn't coming anywhere near Valore anytime soon. I'ma make sure of that." Errol looks at the Rolex on his wrist saying, "The fight's about to start soon. I need to tell Jermell something."

They both get up going back to the dressing room. Errol to give Jermell a last minute tip and Abella to get Tamara so they can go get their seats. She's glad she didn't come too early because she really didn't feel like sitting through the under-card fights. She only came for the main event, which is Jermell's fight.

Once both fighters come into the ring, Abella cheers for Jermell. Her vocal chords are already going through it from tour and all this traveling, so she needs to rest them this week. She claps her hands watching the ring as they announce each fighter.

"He's so fine," Tamara says between cheering and clapping her hands.

"Who?" Abella asks looking at the ring. She knows she can't be talking about the other fighter.

"The other twin," she says pointing at Jermall who's in the ring with his brother...

"Girl, he's married."

Tam stretches her neck back. "Since when? As much as I've been around your family and friends, I've never seen him bring a wife with him. I don't see a ring on his finger either."

"Chantel. She doesn't come around a lot. Unless what we're doing is in Houston, you're not going to see her. She's a homebody who likes to be at home with their kids."

"Kids? Niggas be having whole ass families and you don't see 'em nowhere."

Abella laughs. "He's pretty private." They all are. That's why they get along. They don't have to worry about their business being put out there on accident or purpose.

Once the fight starts the 3 minute first round goes by fast. Abella can already tell this is going to be a short fight and it's not going to go the distance. She expects Jermell to win by knock out despite Cota having an awkward style.

She's right because he already knocks Cota down 30 seconds into the third round. The referee starts the count and Cota's able to get up. The ref lets them continue, but not even a second later Jermell's knocking him out with a two punch combo...

The room erupts in cheers as people jump to their feet. Just like that the fight is over in three rounds, which is less than ten minutes. It's a short night, but that means more time to celebrate. It's good for Jermell. He needed this after losing to Harrison. This will actually be good for him before going into the rematch.

Jermell immediately comes over to the side of the ring to his twin brother...

They're always going to be cheering each other on and right there for one another. If they can't count on anyone else they can count on each other.. Jermall and Jermell's son get into the ring to share the moment with him.

Over the microphone the announcer says, "He is the winner by way of knock out, Jermell 'Iron Man' Charlo!" The ref raises both Jermell and his son, Eli's, hands into the air. Abella smiles at the cute moment before Mell kisses his son's cheek.

Some people don't bring their kids to the fights, while others don't mind. Some fighters like for their kids to know what they do. It also gives that boost of determination because who wants to get beat up in front of their own child?

An interviewer puts a mic in Jermell's face for the post-fight interview. Abella has her phone up to record until he says, "People thought this was going to be an upset like Ruiz. I ain't Anthony Joshua." She immediately lowers the phone to stop recording.

Abella stands there uncomfortably shifting from one hip to the other. Why does he keep bringing his name up? Was that necessary?

"Oop," she can hear Tamara say caught off guard. Abella rolls her eyes. "You gonna let him talk about your man like that?" She jokes.

"Harrison is next. He can't run from me forever. I want my belt back and I'ma get it," Jermell finishes before leaving the ring.

After he finishes the post-fight press conference they all go back to his hotel penthouse suite to celebrate his win. Everybody's already starting to drink as loud music plays, but the person of the night isn't even out here.

Once Jermell showers, changes clothes into a Versace outfit where he wears his flashy diamonds, and comes out of his bedroom everyone cheers. He takes in all the love wearing his straight, white smile. Someone hands him a champagne bottle and he pops it sending liquid spilling to the floor. Everyone goes right back to partying.

Jermell gets a few drinks in him before looking around for Abella.

When he spots her, he makes his way over to Abella who he hugs. "Congratulations," she says hugging him back. She's a little thrown off by his hand placement as he grips her body close to his with his hand holding her side firmly. And the hug is longer than it usually would be. At first she just thinks he needed the hug after everything he went through after he lost his last fight.

"Alright," she says tapping his shoulder with a chuckle to laugh it off.

"You can't hug me?" He says pulling away, but still has his arm wrapped around her. "If you weren't always getting in my ass telling me to get my act together that could've been loss number two on my record."

"Well, I'm glad you took my advice into consideration. I knew you could do it though." She gives him a smile and he finally lets go of her. "Why'd you have to say that about Anthony Joshua in the ring though? Or the press conference?"

"What?" He asks as if not remembering.

"Saying you're a harder worker than him and all that other stuff. You don't have to do all that. You don't even know him." Even though things aren't roses and fairies with Anthony, she's still going to defend him.

"Oh, my fault," he says holding up his hands. "Forgot that's your new best friend," he adds with a laugh before putting a bottle of Hennessy straight to his lips. It's already half way empty. He's been killing the bottle by himself.

"Slow down and don't do that. If someone said the same about you, I would do the same thing. If you're my people I'm never going to let anyone talk sideways about you. You know that." She's a very protective person over people she loves and cares about.

"You barely know that nigga."

"I know him enough," Abella says grabbing the Hennessy bottle out of Jermell's hand. "That's enough," she says before water falling a small amount in her own mouth.

He snatches it back before getting in her face a little. "I'm celebrating all night. I'm getting fucked up." He looks directly in her eyes for a second before backing up and taking a swallow. When Heat by Chris Brown featuring Gunna starts playing he gets hype. The long ass album just came out the day before, but it's already one of Jermell's favorite songs.

Jermell does a spin before stopping and extending his hand towards Abella. "You gon' dance with me?" He asks making her laugh. The man moved to Los Angeles a few years ago and became close friends with Chris Brown, so now he thinks he's the best dancer out.

She takes his hand and he spins her into him then spins her back out before they start a dance routine they made up for fun. It's one that works for any song. They both do the memorized moves laughing with each step. Of course they get some eyes on them as people encourage them.

This drip got you in heat
Just jump in, baby girl, hop on this dick, yeah
You know that I'm on beat

Abella moves her hips moving a few steps in front of Jermell. Usually Mell would stay a safe distance behind her, but she can feel him right behind her. When he puts his hand on her waist as they both sway she plays it cool while also slyly moving away from him.

She's been trying to keep a respectful distance away from men, especially in public where she can be recorded or photographed. She doesn't need to be linked to any other man. Plus, he's her friend even though it's only dancing.

Even at her last show in London when she brought out all those local male rappers and singers. It was obvious to everyone in the crowd she wasn't trying to get too close to them. Although it may be entertainment to playfully and innocently flirt with other artists she didn't feel comfortable doing it with Anthony in the audience.

She may be single, but she's also not disrespectful. Dating means you're not in a monogamous relationship therefore you can do what you with who you want. However the way you act during the dating stage says a lot in the long run.

But sometimes you're not interested in anybody else. It's not even that you only want one person, it's nobody else seems to grab your attention.

Both Abella and Tamara give each other the same look. Save me. She doesn't understand why he's being so touchy feely tonight. Tam ends her conversation with one of the Twins fine ass friends in order to help her friend out.

She prances towards Abella and Jermell beginning to dance before smoothly stealing Bell away from Mell to dance with her. "Thank you," she mouths. She's hoping it's only because he's been drinking.

Two hours pass by and Abella goes into a room of the suite to be alone in some quiet. She needed to answer an important call. She sits on the bed sending a text when the door of the room flies open and Jermell stumbles in. He's definitely drunk at this point.

"There you are. I've been looking for you," he says shutting the door behind him and coming towards her.

"What's up?" She asks still typing a text message.

"Just making sure you didn't dip out," he says flopping onto the bed next to Abella. She looks at him as he covers his eyes with his arm.

"No, but I'm probably gonna leave soon. Tam has a flight early in the morning and I came with her."

"Naw, you can't go. You should spend the night," he suggests sitting up and looking at her.

"Spend the night? Isn't this only a two room suite?" She points at all the stuff strewn around the room. Men are so messy. "Isn't your friend staying here?"

"You can stay in my room."

"And put you out of your own bed when I have my own hotel room? That's stupid."

Jermell laughs because she's not getting what he's trying to say. "You so slow sometimes," he says laughing harder.

Abella furrows her eyebrows still lost. "Okay," She says dismissing him not bothering to ask why he said that. It's more than awkward. "Let's go back out there," she says standing up.

She extends her hand to help his drunk ass up, but instead he pulls her. She lands on top of him immediately pulling her dress down, so nothing's exposed. "What are you doing?" She asks trying to get up, while Jermell finds this funny.

"You need to relax," he says looking in her eyes as her eyebrows are scrunched together.

"And you need to quit playin'." She moves from on top of him sitting on the bed.

"The same could be said for you." Abella flips a couple braids over her shoulder looking at him.

"What?"

"Why you always playin' with me?" She raises her eyebrows noticing his voice got softer and the way he's laying on the bed.

She looks him up, down, and across. "Why you look like you're on the cover of an old R&B album? Straight off the Michael Jackson Thriller cover," she says laughing hoping it'll divert the energy in the room.

He laughs it off saying, "Stop changing the subject."

"What are you talking about?" She asks putting a pause in between each word. She stares straight ahead at a clock on the wall that says it's midnight.

"This is what I'm talking about." He turns her head towards him and when she sees his lips coming towards her she bugs her eyes. In an instant she swerves him to the point she rolls off the side of the bed.

"What was that?" She asks popping up from the floor looking at him like he's crazy. "You're drunk," she answers the question for him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asks looking at her confused.

"You don't know what you're doing. That's what it means," she gets up brushing herself off and fixing her dress.

"I know exactly what I'm doing," he says getting up from the bed about to come towards her, but Abella moves back. She holds her hand up to say stay back.

"Let's not." She's trying her best to not hurt his feelings.

"So you gonna act like we haven't kissed before?" Once the question leaves Jermell's lips, Abella's mouth parts about to deny it. Then she remembers they did kiss..once. It was years ago, so she almost forgot.

Abella laughs not meaning to. She stops herself by covering her mouth because he stares at her with a deadly glare. She holds her chest holding in the laugh that wants to leave. "I was like 19. It was six years ago. On top of that I had freshly broken up with my boyfriend at the time. I was emotional and I made a mistake. I got right back with him after that."

"Yeah, which was fucked up."

"How?" Abella asks extending her neck. "We talked about it and agreed it would never happen again. Strictly friends and that's what we've been."

"You don't fucking get it, do you? You don't see it? It's right in your fuckin' face. Everybody can see it, but you."

"What? That you like me?" She asks raising her eyebrows.

"So you know?"

Abella chuckles that people think she's really that unaware and clueless. Jermell is older than her, so they met when she was still in high school. Him and his brother would come from Houston to her Dad's gym during the summer to spar other fighters including Errol.

Back then she had a little crush on Jermell; the cute, older guy. She grew out of that by 18. They weren't close back then, but everybody who had a relationship with her father looked at her like a little sister.

When she was 19 she broke up with a guy she had been with since her senior year of high school. They went to a party now that they were all legal and somehow she ended up kissing Jermell that night. A week later she was right back with her ex and they vowed to never talk about the kiss again. They were bro and sis.

Abella was always in relationships, so Jermell had no choice but to let it go. He was an up and coming boxer getting paid millions so you know women with were throwing pussy at him. It's when she's single that he starts acting all weird...

"It's right in my face. How could I not know?"

"Why didn't you say something?"

"You fuckin' a bunch of bitches is also right in my face. You've never treated women right so why would I ever be with you? I don't have feelings for you in that way. Why would I say something? That's your job to speak up on your feelings."

Jermell scoffs before shaking his head. "Wow," He says in disbelief.

"We could never date."

"Why not?"

"I don't look at you like that." Some might say her delivery is rude, but that's always how she's approached men and feelings. No beating around the bush. Say what it is and what it ain't, especially with someone she actually cares about.

"Why? Cause I'm not tall and lighter than you. We all know you like those light brights." Abella doesn't even dignify that with a response. She doesn't know why people keep saying that.

Jermell just isn't her type of guy when it comes to what she looks for in relationships. He's a good and loyal friend, but she couldn't see herself building a life with him. They're too different. He's materialistic, flashy, likes attention, irrational, emotional, and very domineering.

She prefers men who live a more modest and simple life. Some may say it's boring, but she likes a predictable and reliable man.

"I'm not even your type," she responds to his comment about her type. "You like short, mixed girls with fake asses. All your exes look the same. I'm far from that."

"Who I fuck isn't the same as who I'll settle down with. Everybody knows that. If you were mine.." He says blowing out air and shaking his head.

Abella raises her eyebrows in shock that he's saying all this. "I'm not yours... and I never will be," she responds bluntly. At this point there's nothing she can say to ensure his feelings and ego don't get too hurt. She needs to be clear so there's no confusion.

"You could be if you quit playin'."

"Trust me, Twin, I am not playin'. At all. I don't want to be anything more than friends. I don't see you that way. You're good looking, don't get me wrong. If I was drunk off my ass maybe I'd check you off my hit list, but on a regular day.. Naw, I'm good. I need more than physical attraction. That type of chemistry ain't there."

He scrunches up his face because he's not used to women turning him down like this. "That's how you feel?"

"That's how I feel, felt, feeling. It ain't changing."

"After everything I've done for you? I done fought niggas behind you."

Abella furrows her eyebrows. "And I've had to fight bitches cause of you! I've been shot at because of you! We're friends. Not some strangers off the street or industry friends. I've known you ten years. I know your family and you know mine. That's expected. That's what friends do for each other."

"Friends this, friends that. Don't act like you didn't abuse the fact you knew I had feelings for you. After all the shit I've done for you? You just like toyin' with niggas feelings like every other bitch. Who bought you that watch on your wrist?" He asks getting irritated now.

Abella looks at the iced out Audemars Piguet he bought her for her birthday. She pretty much wears it everyday. It's too expensive of a gift not to. "If that's what we're doing you can take this shit back," she says quickly beginning to take it off. "It was a birthday gift but if you think I owe you pussy, time, or attention take the shit back," she says yanking it off throwing it at him.

"Yeah, aiight," he says picking it up from the floor.

"Now let's forget this conversation was ever had. Good night," she says storming out of the room. Fuck him.

She goes back out to the living room looking for Tamara. When she sees her talking to some guy she doesn't want to interrupt, but goes up to them anyway. "Sorry," she apologizes immediately. "Are you ready to go or do you want to stay longer?" She asks Tam.

"I've been ready to go. I have a flight early in the morning." She tunes towards the guy she was talking to saying, "You have my number. I have to go." She gives him a smile before leaving with Abella. "What happened?" She can see Bell's pissed.

"Mell tried to kiss me," she whispers as they wait on the penthouses elevator.

Tamara coughs before hitting her own chest beginning to chuckle. "My boy finally made his move?"

"Yes, and it was the wrong move. He was coming at me so crazy." The doors open and the both step on. She hits the button for the lobby as the doors close once again. "Niggas always come out the wood work when you have feelings for someone else. Him, Jidenna, who's next?"

She glances at Tamara who wears this weird smile. "So you admit you have feelings for Anthony?"

"Is it a secret? Yes, I have feelings for him."

"That's so cute," is all Tam mumbles with a smile.

Once they get back to the hotel Abella takes a shower and changes into her pajamas ready for bed. She looks at Tamara who's fast asleep wishing that was her. She grabs her phone from the nightstand tapping the side of it in contemplation. She goes to her world clock to see what time it is in London. It's 7a.m. She wants to call Anthony. She knows he wakes up this time.

She's about to change her mind thinking it's too early when her phone starts ringing with a FaceTime. It's like he sensed her about to do it because it's Anthony. She pulls the covers back going into the bathroom so she doesn't disturb Tamara's sleep.

As soon as she shuts the door she answers the call with Anthony's scrunched up face in her screen. "You must think I'm a joke or something?" His accent bellows out.

Abella looks off to the side poking out her lips. Okay.. "Hello, how are you?" She asks not feelings his tone.

"No. You got me looking stupid, so I must be a joke to you."

"What is it now?" Abella asks with a sigh. She hops onto the sink counter closing her eyes prepared for whatever it is.

"First you're out with your ex and now there's a video of you dancing all on your 'friend', the twin. Whichever one it was. I can't tell those boys apart, yeah. It's just say fuck me after we spent two weeks together."

"You know, I saw that twinkle of crazy in your eye the other day when you wouldn't let me in to get my bags. You had that look. I also think I know what night it kicked in. I never should've deep throat–"

He cuts her off. "We ain't doin' the sarcasm and jokes right now."

She slaps her hand on her thigh. "So we're believing things in blogs now? You know they make things worse than what they actually are, right?"

"How are they making things worse than what they are when I saw the videos with my own two eyes?"

"Are you done?" She would more than willing to explain if he wasn't coming at her crazy instead of just asking her.

"No, I'm not done. You have too many male friends."

"Oh, please. The amount of your friends I've met in a week is ridiculous and a number of them were female. You've even flirted with people in my face. You're super flirtatious and I didn't say anything."

"Being nice is flirtatious?"

"There's a line. You really need to be backtracking. Instead of making claims based on blog posts how about you ask me... Is something going on between me and my ex? Is something going on between me and Jermell? I'm always honest and you know that."

"Well, answer the questions.." He says not wanting to repeat her.

"I went to the studio with Jidenna to do a song for his album. He mentioned wanting to try our relationship again. I politely declined because that's not the path my life is on. We agreed to be friends. We're both artists and ended up at the same club. As friends we're able to be cordial. I didn't dance on him even though I could've because I'm still single," she says the last three words louder. "I didn't go home with him. I was in his vicinity for less than twenty minutes."

"Next question. Jermell.." Abella laughs in disbelief that she's actually explaining herself to him. He's lucky he didn't get the old her who cares more about her freedom than anything else.

"We dance, that's what we do, but never again. He was drunk. Later he did try to kiss me and expressed some feelings for me. I told him I didn't feel the same and he didn't take it well. I left and now I'm here. Next case."

"You just got all the men on you, huh?" He says sarcastically.

Abella rolls her eyes. "Let's talk about your women."

"What women?"

"The women who keep popping up places unannounced. The ones I said were red flags and turns out I was right. You're asking for me to tell my truths, so you tell yours.."

"What?" He asks suddenly not being able to comprehend anything.

"This is my issue with you. I tell you the truth on everything because that's what type of person I am. I always feel like you give me half of the story. I have to dig for it. You make it surface level when clearly it's deeper when women go as far as to find your location then show up. That Feven girl, your son's mother–" Abella pauses seeing Anthony made a weird face when she said Feven's name. "What was that?"

"What?"

"What?" She mocks him. "Don't what me again. Why'd you make that face?"

"What face?"

"Now you're about to piss me off," she says getting an attitude now.

"I saw her last night."

"Ohhhh, so you called my phone to ask me what I'm out here doing, but I don't think you planned to tell me that. What'd y'all do?" She asks like it's casual conversation.

"We didn't do anything. But I could've because I'm still single," he says using the exact words she used earlier.

"We didn't establish any rules to this seeing as we're only dating. Why should we have to? I'm not trying to control you. It shouldn't be a task already. We're supposed to be still in the honeymoon phase with amazing sex and fun, not arguing."

"But it's obvious other people are going to be a problem. We can admit there's temptation on both ends..."

"Yeah," Abella admits. "The only thing I care about is honesty within the communication. And I feel like you're not telling the whole story with your baby mother."

"You asked if I'm still sleeping with her and I said no."

"I believe that. I'm talking about the past. You said it was never a relationship and you only tried to be a family for your son. Does she know that? Sis is moving like y'all were in love and you did her super dirty. She's moving like a woman who was severely hurt to the point it's made her bitter."

"I don't have anything to do with that. It just didn't work. Whatever she feels is from whatever she tricked herself into believing. There wasn't much to the story with her."

Abella narrows her eyes, but accepts what he's saying. "Now I'm going to ask, have you talked to your son's mother?"

"Not yet."

"Call me when you've talked to her. Talk to her before I do or I'ma hurt her feelings. For my sake I hope the two of you come to an understanding because I would like to continue dealing with you. Have a nice day and I'm going to bed." When he gives her a response in a good night she ends the call.

She hops down from the counter before stretching. "Stress, stress, stress," she mumbles before walking out of the bathroom.

It's 8a.m. in London and Anthony's going to get his son JJ from Natalie because she's finally cooled down. Instead of doing a simple pick up and go, he goes up to her flat because they definitely need to talk. A serious conversation that should've happened a long time ago needs to be had.

Natalie opens the door letting him in, instead of going to the living room so they can sit and talk she goes to her kitchen going right back to what she's doing. She's continues cleaning out her pantry, so Anthony sits on a barstool at the island counter. They're going to talk whether she likes it or not..

"Now that you've calmed down, do you really think what you did the other day was okay?" He asks looking at her as her back is turned to him.

"If you can tell me where I was wrong, I'll be surprised. I came and got my son because you had him around a woman after we made an agreement. This woman who's not even your girlfriend yet and you were letting her stay in the house where your son is. I ain't letting you play house in front of my son."

"How do you know any of that to be true? Where are you getting information from because I haven't talked to you about anything. Just like you don't talk to me and do what you want. That's the problem..no communication."

"We're not the same. Joseph is with me more than you, so I'm not going to call you for every little thing."

"You always throw that around. I offered to have 50/50 custody and we both know exactly why you didn't want that..."

Anthony has his son 3 days a week and she has him four. In the U.K. the parent who cares for the child less is the one who has to pay child maintenance. They easily could've split the time evenly. Anthony doesn't work a regular job like most normal people. His job is at the gym and he can take his son there, but he decided to compromise with Natalie on how to split the time.

If they would've decided to split the time equally - Joseph staying 4 nights at Natalie's place and 3 nights at Anthony's then the next week vice versa - neither would pay child maintenance.

"Oh, please. Don't insinuate I didn't want 50/50 for the money. We came to that agreement, so you could focus on boxing. You would have him half the time if you would take him even when you're in training camp right before a fight. I've seen people have their kids in training camp with them."

"I only agreed to the three days because I didn't want to go through court."

They opted for a family-based arrangement where both parents decide how much will be paid and how it will be paid. They didn't want to go through all the extras including the expensive lawyer fees that could stack up. He also knew if they let the court decide he would probably be paying wayyyy more considering his income.

So he settled on paying Natalie's rent and a set amount figured out by how much she makes a month being a fitness trainer and how much she needs to care for their son. The amount was enough to help feed and clothe Joseph. He wasn't about to be funding her a lavish lifestyle like some men have to do.

"...But we can go through court if you want. That seems like the best option. I want 50/50 anyway," Anthony says with a shrug.

Natalie immediately stops what she's doing to look at Anthony...

"Are you serious? That's how you feel?" She asks fully turning around.

"Yup, I've been stacking up my evidence. I'll tell the judge how you harass me. Maybe he'll have it where we can't directly talk anymore and we use one of those parenting apps. Maybe even get a restraining order so you can't pop up at my house."

"We have a son together and I didn't even know where you lived. You know how stupid that sounds? If something happened to him, what then? I had to ask someone else to give me your address."

"And the other day was the perfect example of why I didn't give you my address. We also had an agreement with social media. You signed a contract or did you forget," he says slapping it onto the table. He flips to the right part then puts his finger under the line reading, "I understand I'm legally not able to speak about or mention Anthony Joshua on social media. Yet I have screenshots of you saying lies about me and a famous artist who also has lawyers. You must want a cease and desist. That's stronger."

"How can you tell me what I can and can't post on my social media?" She asks.

"Because you signed this," he says waving the contract. "Your page is supposed to stay private at all times. Put it back private and stop trying to get followers and attention. We both know why you did what you did. You're only doing it because of who the woman is."

Natalie laughs. "Who she is? The chick has had like 15 minutes of fame. She ain't all that. Knowing music she'll be here today and gone tomorrow. There's people with way more popularity than her."

"Who throws insults to a person they don't know and who hasn't done anything to them? I ain't still fucking you and playing you for her. I didn't end it with you for her. Me and you have been done. Actually, we never were. Why do you care so much about who I'm dealing with anyway when you have a man? You need to be worried about him."

Natalie looks at him sideways at his tone full of attitude..

"You like her," she says like it's a realization. She turns fully to look at him putting a hand on her hip. She smiles more so out of disbelief. "You've never defended any of the little girls you've dated and I've ripped into all of them."

"You said that out loud with no shame? You're proud that you've tried to make my life hell? I hope you know Abella isn't some fairy-pop princess. I think you've met your match."

"She's not even your girlfriend. You probably won't even get in a relationship with her down the road. Why let our son be around her to get attached?"

"I didn't even introduce him to her the first time. He went up to her and started talking to her on his own. I didn't say this is Daddy's special friend or say to call her Auntie and confuse him like somebody.."  He says throwing a little jab.

"I don't care."

"You're acting like I'm leaving her with him alone and they're spending all day with each other. She was around him twice. Combined they were around each other no more than an hour."

"Like I said, I don't care."

"I think you're really upset because he likes her."

"He likes her because she's famous. He's seen her on tv and knows her songs. Not because he knows her personally and created a bond with her."

"So now you can understand he doesn't know her like that." She looks at him with a glare. "Here's the agreement. You won't pop up at my house or blow up my phone. You won't get on social media and speak about me or her. If you do any of these we will go to court for 50/50 custody meaning the child maintenance will stop and I won't pay your rent. I'm not going to ask if you agree because now it's a mandate," he says sternly.

"And if I don't? You're not gonna take me to court," she says dismissing him. Anthony laughs. If she doesn't want to take the warning that's on her.

"You know if you didn't act so crazy maybe I'd be more willing to do nice things for you. I know men who buy their child's mother foreign cars and nice houses because they take care of the kid and mind their business. I don't know why you act like this."

"You don't know why I act like this?" She asks in disbelief. "I act like this because of you. The way you treated me. I'm supposed to be nice to you after you treated me like shit my entire pregnancy and after? I don't think so. I will keep making your life a living hell until I see fit. Then I'll be laughing when you get her pregnant and your true colors come out with her. I'll just sit back and wait for you to ruin her life next."

Anthony sits unphased by her rant. That makes her even more mad, so she keeps going, "You don't know why I act like this? I held you down for years. I supported you for years and I couldn't even get a title. You wouldn't even make me your fucking girlfriend saying you didn't have time between your boxing career. You strung me along for years then when I get pregnant you wanted to act like I was some gold digger who trapped you. Like I didn't know you since our hometown when you were a fucking nobody turned roadman. I have secrets for daysss and you know I do."

"You've been threatening to reveal these secrets for years and have yet to do it."

"You think I'm gonna let you ride off into the sunset with some girl when I was around when you could even afford Nando's? You're mad. I should lick off your head top right now." She wags her finger taking a breath to calm down. "I deserve to be happy and move on. You don't! Karma will eventually come for how you treated me, the mother of your only child."

"You're too stuck in the past. Let it go and move on," he says coldly before standing up. "Where's my son? I'm done talking and ready to go."

___________

Anthony's rematch against Ruiz is today. I'm so ready😩 I'm not as nervous as the 1st fight so maybe my intuition is saying something good.

Jermell revealing his feelings to Abella?

Do you think there's a deeper reason Natalie acts like this?

Comment / Vote❤️🥊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 496 54
Sometimes, someone comes into your life so unexpectedly, takes your heart by surprise and changes your life forever." Aluna is a beautiful model/prof...
120K 3.4K 40
Two rivals, which formed their hate for each other purely because of academic validation When a new boy Ares Sanchez starts attending Olivia's Maddox...
865K 22K 24
{Complete} (((Disclaimer))) I wrote this book/completed it when I was 13/14, it does not exhibit my current writing ability and is very much unedited...
125K 8.7K 49
Jimin, a second heir of the wealthy Park family, grew up with his overprotective mother and bickered with his older brother Jin. Feeling lonely and l...