F.I.G.H.T. (Completed)

By GenHope

More detailed description in story. Abella Mobisson has been around boxing most of her life. Her father was a... More

F.I.G.H.T.
Cast
00 | Overture
01 | Fight For Life
02 | Chatty Patty
03 | Hellos & Goodbyes
04 | Can I Talk To You?
05 | Free Smoke
06 | Can You Hear Me?
07 | Put You On
08 | Wins & Losses
09 | My Friend
10 | Kiss Of Life
11 | Connection
12 | No Wahala
13 | Pull Up
14 | The Morning After
15 | Red Flags
16 | Met My Match
17 | Misunderstood
18 | Infatuated
19 | Potential
20.1 | Special
20.2 | Struck
21 | My Equal
22 | The Blues
23 | The Test
24 | That's How You Feel?
26 | Strike 3
27 | Obvious / Over It
28 | Triggered
29 | Searching
30 | Too Deep
31 | Fear
32 | The Power of Love
33 | Mine
34 | Claiming
35.1 | My Home
35.2 | Home
36 | Love Ain't Enough
37 | Try Me
38 | Us vs. The World
39 | Flyin' High
40 | Losing, Lost
41.1 | The Crisis
41.2 | The Running
41.3 | The Chasing
42 | The Surrender
43 | The Rejoining
44 | Push Me
45 | Draw The Line
46 | Changes
47 | No Pain, No Gain
48 | Old Habits
49 | Prisoner
50 | Kryptonite
51 | F*cked Up
52 | Sabotage
53.1 | Crash
53.2 | Wait
54 | Break
55 | Return
56 | Win or Lose Yo Love
57 | Still Here
58 | Question
59 | Answers
60 | Heartbeat
Epilogue | Denoument

25 | The Problem

16.8K 1.1K 1.7K
By GenHope

Round 2

June 30th, 2019

It's the next day and once again Abella's in a different state and city. She's now in her home state of Texas, but in Houston for Jermall's fight. She's getting closer to going home and she's excited. She's also extremely jet lagged. In a couple days she's went from London to Los Angeles to Las Vegas to now Houston.

Abella stands in the NRG Arena ready to watch Jermall defend his title once again against Brandon Adams. She stands in the second row with their other friends holding Jermall's youngest son out of three, Jason Jermell, who's two and a half years old.

"Lions only, baby. Say Lions Only, J2." She says holding him up high enough for him to see the large screen that shows Jermall's ring walk.

"Lions only," he repeats their slogan before doing a rawr sound making her laugh.

Abella doesn't really know how this fight's going to go. She's never seen his opponent, Brandon, fight before..

...And the uncertainty of the fight lingered for awhile once it started. The fight ended up going the distance. It went all twelve rounds lasting almost an hour meaning it comes down to judges decision.

Jermall's clearly upset about that. He wanted to put on a good show in his hometown after not fighting here for five years. This was sort of like a homecoming. He wanted an explosive knock out finish, but didn't get it.

After the judges look at the points they make a decision. The announcer comes into the middle of the ring saying into a mic, "After twelve rounds of action we have a unanimous decision..." he pauses dramatically as they all stare and wait. You can assume who's going to win and the judges end up shocking you. "All three judges in favor of the winner... And still the WBC Middleweight champion of the world, Jermall 'Hitman' Charlo."

They hold his hand up and the disappointed expression he had earlier turns into a smile..

They put his WBC belt back over his shoulder as Abella cheers along with everyone else. This long weekend is ending on a good note...

She won an award and both Jermall and Jermell won their fights. Abella looks at Jermell get into the ring to congratulate his brother. She hasn't talked to him the entire night and plans to keep it that way unless he's coming with an apology for showing his ass last night.

They all leave the main venue area walking down the arena's hallway. The night isn't over and it's barely getting started. They all go to a room where they're holding the post-fight press conference. Abella sits down in a seat next to Jermall's wife, Chantel. "Are we going out after this?" Abella asks her.

She doesn't know her as well as she does some of her other friend's significant others but Chantel's always been friendly. She's a regular woman who only cares about her man and kids.

Abella can give some of her male friends their props for not getting with the blowup doll Instagram models. Black men do still date Black women despite what's seen in the media.

"You know we are. They never miss the opportunity for a turn up. We're going to the club. I told the twins if they're fighting the same weekend they could have something for the both of them, but you know they don't like sharing."

Abella chuckles. "You aren't lying. That's probably why they don't fight in the same weight division."

"I always said that," Chantel agrees with a light laugh.

Finally the press conference starts when the first question is asked. "How important was it for you to fight in Houston again?" A reporter asks Jermall,

"It's very important. It didn't matter if it was in the parking lot of where Astro World used to be, I was going to fight in Houston," Jermall answers making some people in the room laugh. "I do this for my people, ya know. Houston we have a problem. It's time to bite down."

"Who do you want next?"

"Canelo," Jermall answers with no hesitation. The problem with that is they just franchise tagged Canelo. Sometimes it does feel like the WBC tries to protect certain fighters or show favoritism... to the point they make up belts and titles.

Errol grabs one of the mics and stands up causing Jermall to laugh. "What? What?" He asks with a chuckle.

Errol laughs beginning to ask a question like a reporter, "Ay Mall, you had a good fight. What does it take for you to get the Canelo or GGG fight? Cause it seems like he's ducking you, they just franchise tagged him, but it seems like they don't want no work with Jermall Charlo. You've been fightin' these guys in front of you. What will it take?"

Abella chuckles while shaking her head. People will probably never understand. Their friendship and bond is deeper than boxing. They all met at Ring of Hope Boxing Club, but it's more than that. They've been through everything together and they support each other no matter what.

For some reason Abella can see a big shift in their friendship happening soon. She looks at Jermell who sits next to his brother at the table. Maybe it's just a shift in her friendship with him...

"Canelo gotta fight me sooner or later. He cannot retire without fighting me," Mall answers.

She sighs hoping she's wrong. She can't see herself going through the trouble of making new friends if their friendship goes south. They're all she knows..

It's later in the night and they're now at a night club called Clé to celebrate Jermall's win. After ordering a bottle of Martell Cognoc, Abella decides she wants to sit down in the section. Tonight she plans on keeping it low key by not doing too much or drinking too much. Then tomorrow morning she finally goes back home to spend time with her family.

When she spots Valore she decides to go sit by her...

"Okayy! Look at you lookin' how you lookin'," Abella says making Valore laugh.

"You know. Just a couple pieces hittin'. A little high end with the low end," she says waving her hand over herself.

"Let me see your outfit." Valore doesn't miss her chance to stand on the couch before posing with her hip poked and butt popped out a little. "Okay! Who not getting thick?!" Bell hypes her up as she does a twirl and sticks out her tongue.

"Gains, baby," she says snapping her finger. They hug one another while laughing as Valore says, "I'm gaining weight and you're losing. I don't know what's going on. Having two kids couldn't make my skinny ass gain, now look at me."

Abella blows out air. "Touring makes me lose weight, but I'm about to say fuck my team and start eating good in these other countries. I can't even experience the good restaurants on a diet."

"Girl, fuck 'em. My sis got ass and thighs so they gonna have to deal," she says as they both chuckle and sit down.

"Speaking of tours. When are you going to start doing music again?" Valore used to rap. Abella was familiar with her when she used to rap herself. It would be her, Megan, and Valore all doing performances at hole in the walls. Meg kept rapping, Abella started singing, and V had kids and started doing hair.

Valore immediately sighs. "Girl, between my salon, selling hair, Ivy and Violet, Errol's training camps... I don't know. I haven't been to the studio in a minute. Shit, I probably don't know how to anymore."

"It's like riding a bike. You never forget. If you ever get back in the studio to record something let me know. I can let you open up one of my shows or something."

"This is why you're my girl," she says with a smile.

"Oh, wait! I forgot I haven't seen you in person. Congratulations on the engagement and let me see that ring, sis."

Valore dramatically pulls back her long, flared sleeve of her jumpsuit. "Bam!" The diamonds on the ring shine in the club lights. "My baby did good, huh?"

"Good as fuck. This probably cost all the pay-per-view money from the last fight," she says holding Valore's hand to get a closer look.

"As he should. I'm worth millions, baby," she says right as Abella let's go. "We're having the engagement party soon. I don't know if you'll be in town to come."

"Probably not because I'm only home for a week then back to tour. You know I'm going to get y'all a bomb ass gift though."

"Well, thank you in advance. I have a question though... Errol been funny actin' ever since y'all came back from Jamaica. You know what that's about?"

Abella immediately pauses not wanting to lie. It's not in her nature, but it's also not her place nor business. She tries to stay out of people's relationship affairs. "Nah. Have you tried talking to him?"

"I try not to be down his back when he's in camp, but he's been acting hella sneaky. Taking calls outside the room, ending a call if I come in, or quickly exiting out of stuff when I come around. I don't know what he has going on."

"Communicate with him and maybe he'll tell you wassup," Bell says knowing why he's acting like that. Valore nods her head before Abella excuses herself to go to the bathroom.

After using the bathroom she walks out as music bumps throughout the building. Abella stops in her tracks when she sees Rejoice. The first thing she notices is that she has on the same outfit as Valore...

"What are you doing here? I didn't even know you're in Houston," Abella speaks first.

"Oh, my best friend and business partner is from here. I came in town with her. Plus, I host and promote for this club so had to get some money real quick before going back to Dallas. Who are you here with?" Rejoice asks if things are all good between them.

That's her biggest problem with Rejoice. She tries to come back all normal as if nothing happened. She offers no apologies or explanations. She acts like everything is cool and forgotten after a couple days have passed.

"Jermall and them. He had a fight tonight and we're celebrating his win," Abella replies normally. But then again she lets Rejoice get away with it for the sake of saving confrontation.

"Oh, then maybe if I see him out there I'll congratulate him. Does he have a section?"

"Yeah." If Abella wasn't friends with certain people she wouldn't go to the club nor would she be in a section. She's seen people pay $15,000 to $25,000 just to have a section in a certain club.

"Then I'll be over there later." Abella's hoping those are just trying to make conversation words and she stays far away. 

Rejoice walks away and Abella waits a couple seconds before walking back to the main area of the club. It's no surprise when people stop her to take pictures. She interacts with those people like she knows them for a few minutes before trying to maneuver through the club to get back to Jermall's section until she's stopped again.

She looks to see who it is and her eyes connect with a man standing 6'5". It's Toran aka "The Problem", Terrence Reynolds' younger brother..

The last time she saw him was the night of Errol's last fight when him and his brother got into a fight with Jermell and Jermall.

His brother was arrested for the shooting that happened later that night along with some others. Trouble is still in jail until his trial not able to make his bail. That alone is crazy to most because Trouble seems to make decent money as a boxer, while Toran is still on the come up as a heavyweight.

Abella furrows her eyebrows wondering why he's stopping her. "What's up?" He says casually giving her a head nod.

"What are you doing here? I hope you're not here to start no shit with the twins.." Abella doesn't have the energy for another altercation between the rivals.

Toran chuckles. "Don't nobody give a fuck about them. I'm here to enjoy myself like everybody else."

"No beef tonight?" She asks to make sure.

"None," He says holding up his hands shaking his head to show no guilt. If he's in the same building as the twins yet nothing has popped off he must be telling the truth.

"Guess you ain't so bold without ya brother," she says boldly putting her hand on her hip.

"I said no beef. Don't start no shit." She throws her hands up as well to say she doesn't want any problems either. Toran licks his lips making them shine before biting his bottom lip making his dimples deepen. Abella always felt his eyes looked sinister. "When you gonna let me take you out?"

Here we go again, she thinks before rolling her eyes. At this point she feels like God is testing her to see if she'll fall for the faulty traps or be smarter. Men don't understand how many advances women pass up on the daily.. Dick also ain't hard to come by, so men need to act like it.

Abella's just glad she got a text from Anthony today saying he talked to his son's mother, Natalie. Hopefully she's no longer a problem for them..

Abella laughs at Toran. "You seriously asking me that after what went down between our people? I don't fucking think so. Never. I shouldn't even be having a conversation with you actually," She tries to walk away, but he grabs her hand. She's surprised at how gentle he does it.

"If you're smart you'll come around," he says giving her a short smile before touching her waist and walking around her. Abella furrows her eyebrows at the entire encounter. What does he mean if I'm smart? Is it a threat?

All Abella can do is note it in her head and keep moving. She goes back to the section noticing that Valore is no longer there. She chuckles when she sees Jermall getting twerked on by his wife to the club music.

She grabs a bottle sitting on the couch immediately ready to relax until Jermell yells loudly making her turn in his direction. He has his shirt off and stands on the couch as some light skin girl with a huge ass that looks to be butt implants dances on him. Jermell rubs on the girls ass as she twerks to the beat of the music looking over at Abella.

She simply looks away taking a burning swig of alcohol. Is that supposed to make her jealous? She asks herself with an inner chuckle. Niggas... They swear us women care, but it's really them that care so much.

Her thoughts are broken when her shoulder is tapped aggressively. Abella looks over to see Errol who leans into her saying loudly, "Where's Valore?"

Abella shrugs. "I don't know," she yells through the loud music.

Unbeknownst to them, Valore and Rejoice started talking to each other when Rejoice came to the section to congratulate Jermall. It was too loud in here for the conversation they were trying to have, so they ended up leaving the section and going outside the club.

Errol asks one of their other friends the same question he tells him he saw her leave with Rejoice and he damn near has a heart attack. "And you just let them?!" Errol shouts. Bobby looks completely confused not knowing what was so wrong about the two women talking.

Before Errol can even leave the section someone's rushing up to Abella saying, "Man, come outside! Yo cousin and V gettin' into it!"

"What?" Abella yells putting her drink down before following behind him. Her and Errol both push through people in the club then get outside where Valore and Rejoice can be seen arguing as people hold them back from each other.

Abella doesn't even know what they're yelling at each other back and forth, but she steps into the middle while Errol goes towards his fiancée.

"We are not doing this outside of the club!" Abella yells while standing in between them. "You wanna look lowdown in the gutter and completely fucking stupid? Too grown to be doing that."

The words are ironic because she had a little tussle with Rejoice not too long ago in public as well. The only difference is people are staring, know who they are, and have phones ready to record if something does go down. She was lucky in Jamaica no one cared.

If it's not clear who the problem is then she doesn't know what will make it more visible...

"This bitch talkin' bout she gotta child by Errol," Valore yells making Abella freeze to look at Rejoice who tilts her head to the side with a petty smile. Errol's stuck as he stares at Rejoice clenching his jaw. "Tell this delusional hoe to stay away from me and my man. All I wanted to do was talk to the bitch and she started getting crazy. He don't want yo ass!"

"That trip to Jamaica told me otherwise. He wanted all this body, baby," Rejoice rebuttals waving her hand over herself. It's clear she's lying and trying to get under Valore's skin.

"Bitch, you wanna be me so bad. We got on the same thing, but we ain't the same, baby. My shit different. You want my nigga and my spot. You fucked up and I lucked up. You ain't getting this spot back so quit trying."

Finally valet pulls up with Errol's Range Rover. As soon as he came out here he knew he had to get his girl out of this situation. She doesn't even need to be entertaining Rejoice and her bullshit. "Get in the car," he says in frustration to Valore. Despite being mad he still helps his fiancée into the car and shuts the door for her even if it's with a slam.

While walking to get in the driver's seat he stops and points at Rejoice. "Next time I see you, act right! I'm not dealing with this shit."

"Find our son then talk to me!" Rejoice yells back. She has some nerve.. How about you find him since you're the reason y'all are in this situation in the first place, Abella thinks to herself.

"I've been looking for him. Can you say the same?" He yells back at her. "Oh, I forgot, clubbing and award shows are more important."

Rejoice raises her hands up. "Look where we are. We're in the same place, boo. You're no better than me when you're at the club too and going to your friend's fights."

Valore rolls the car window down yelling, "Let's go!" Errol gets into his car slamming the door before speeding off.

Abella shakes her head at Rejoice who shrugs before going back inside the club like nothing happened. Abella's completely exhausted and fed up of the drama so she's ready to go back to her hotel too. She asks the valet to get her rental car so she can call it a night because she plans to drive back to Dallas tomorrow morning.

Once she gets back to her hotel she goes up to her room. Abella repeatedly tries to get her door open with the key card, but it's not working. "Lemme try," she hears a male voice from behind her causing her to jump. She clutches her chest turning to see Toran. Her heart rate speeds up, but she tries to keep it cool.

"No, I'm fine," she says turning back around knowing he's watching her. It's probably a coincidence that he's staying the in same hotel she convinces herself. She pauses not liking that he's behind her. She decides to just go downstairs to the lobby to get a new key instead of trying to make it work.

When she turns around about to start walking he asks, "Where you goin?"

"To the front desk," she says about to walk past him, but he snatches the room key out of her hand. "I'm just tryna help," he says looking at her facial expression. He waves it over the door and it turns green meaning it's unlocked. He pushes the door open and holds it motioning for her to go in. She stands there looking at him. "You gonna go in your room?"

She stares at him then licks over her lips. She walks slowly towards the door walking over the threshold and when she goes to close the door she prays he won't try anything. The door's almost closed until it's forced back open and Toran barges his way in.

"What the hell are you doing?" Abella asks. He pushes her into the wall before shutting the door and putting on the top lock.

Abella's about to scream when Toran puts his large hand over her mouth saying close to her face, "Don't scream. Don't call 911 either. Don't do too much. This will only take a minute. We need to have a talk. Understood?" He looks at Abella who blinks. He nods his head for demonstration then waits for her to do it too.

Once she nods her head he moves his hand away from her mouth. He immediately starts patting his hands around her body. "What are you looking for?" He grabs her cellphone out of her pocket before sliding it into his. When he keeps patting her she now tries to push his hands away. "You got this fuckin' prison jumpsuit on," he says ripping the part where there's a low neckline on the orange jumpsuit.

"Get off me!" Abella says fighting back harder going into panic mode.

"Chill out! I'm not gonna rape your ass," he says grabbing both her wrists pinning them up against the wall. "I'm looking for a wire or some shit."

"Wire? Why would I be wearing a wire? You came to my hotel room, remember? I didn't lure you here or set you up."

"You sure? Considering my brother and my homies are sitting in jail right now because of you and yo snitchin' ass friends. You might wanna get me too."

"What the hell are you talking about? Didn't nobody snitch on them. The police did their job and figured it out on their own. You're being paranoid."

"Ain't no fuckin' police figuring out and arresting people that fast unless someone was tellin'. My brother's locked up because one of you opened your big ass mouth. Now I'ma shut it because you're going to relay the message that if any of you take the stand the bullets won't miss like last time," Toran threatens squeezing Abella's wrists tighter to the point it's now painful.

"I'm telling you nobody snitched, Toran. Nobody made a single witness statement or signed and agreed to go on the stand," she immediately starts explaining hoping it'll make him ease up. He doesn't so she goes on, "All you have to do is tell your brother to file a motion of discovery with his lawyer. It will give names of who made statements. You'll see no one on that bus named names or even made a statement. We all told them we couldn't and didn't see anything. We didn't even go to the hospital."

"I don't believe you. Why protect us when we could've killed y'all that night?"

"Could've but you didn't. That's how this beef shit go. If you fight you better be prepared for the other person to take it all the way there with guns. That's for Jermell, Jermall, whoever else, to handle it the way they want to. Not involve the law."

Abella knows he believes her when he let's go of her wrists. She immediately rubs them hoping it'll make the pain disappear. She hopes she doesn't get bruises.

"Do you even have a problem with Jermell or Jermall?" She asks Toran out of curiosity. He's quiet because he doesn't. It's his brother who's been beefing with them for years. He's simply riding for his brother regardless. His silence is clearly a no. "That's what I thought. You really gotta stop being Trouble's shadow aka his bitch."

Toran quickly pushes her back into the wall at the word bitch. "I could kill your pretty ass right now," he says placing his hand around her throat softly. His hand is so big he could probably choke her to death with one hand. Still with a soft grip he pulls her face closer to his looking into her eyes.

He knows she's not lying though. Since they were kids Toran has followed behind his big brother. Anything Trouble did he did it to. That included stealing cars, selling drugs, joining a gang, dropping out of high school, and boxing. He's always been Trouble's little big brother.

"If you were gonna do it you would've done it already," Abella says cockily as if he doesn't just have to squeeze and she'll be choking on her words literally.

"You gotta lot of mouth for a bitch from the burbs," he says with his lips so close to hers if either moves they'll be touching.

"Don't confuse where I lived with where I was raised. My father was a man of the people, so we went where the people were."

Toran cracks a smile. "See, this is why I like you. You don't give a fuck. I needa bitch like that. One of these days I'ma have you in my bed screaming my name while I choke you just like this," he says with no filter before squeezing her neck tighter.

She can tell he positioned his hand to where it's not a choke meant to harm her but the one that stimulates the senses for pleasure.

Abella laughs. "You can keep wishing, but it's not going to happen."

"You're really loyal for those twins to be some sucka ass, clown ass niggas. I won't tell nobody you're fucking the enemy," he says with a wide grin.

"It's not about them. You're not on my level. When you win a title or get paid six figures for a fight then maybe you can get a chance with me," Abella insults him unapologetically knowing she doesn't care about either of those things. "Until then I'm good on you."

He cracks a smile licking his lips. All her shit talking does is turn him on. He likes that kind of thing. "Play hard to get then, baby. I'll take the titles from that British nigga you fucking with...if he ever gets them back." She wants to roll her eyes. People really believe everything on the internet even if it actually is true.

"Can you let go of my neck now?" He releases looking Abella up and down. "I like a tighter hold anyway. A good choke and stroke," she says moving around him. She goes to the door of the hotel room opening it motioning for him to leave.

"We'll be seeing each other again. Let's all hope my brother doesn't get jail time."

Abella shrugs. "If he does that has nothing to do with me." Keep that nigga in jail, she thinks to herself.

He extends her phone back to her and she reaches to grab it, but he quickly snatches it back. He dangles it before saying, "What's the magic word?"

"Please?" She asks wondering if that's the answer he's looking for.

"Please, Daddy," he says with a smirk. She rolls her eyes putting a hand on her hip.

"Please, Daddy," she grumbles.

He cracks a smile handing the phone to her finally. Toran makes one final kissy face towards her then strolls out of the hotel room. She immediately shuts the door behind him and locks it.

As calm and collected as she tried to act in front of him, she was scared out of her mind. Even with Toran being a professional boxer who seemingly has something to lose now, she knows it's easy for them to slip back into their street ways. He could've done anything to her.

Abella looks through the peephole to make sure he's gone. When she sees no one she leans her back up against the wall closing her eyes and taking a long sigh.

She looks at herself in the full length mirror by the door seeing her ripped jumpsuit. When she notices the marks on her wrists from him holding them so tightly she smacks her lips. She looks down at her phone contemplating on if she should call anyone to tell them what just happened.

Who could she call? She wonders. Errol has his own drama going on, Jermall is still celebrating his win, and she's not exactly speaking to Jermell. She feels like if she calls Jermell it'll just prove his point that she takes advantage of the fact she knows he likes her when she doesn't.

She sighs deciding she'll keep it to herself before walking over to her bed. She wants to shower and sleep. And here she was excited to come home to Texas...

After leaving the Houston club that Rejoice was previously at, she went to another one with her friends. Not letting the altercation with Valore and Errol phase her one bit she parties in a VIP section. She was actually thriving off that shit and letting it give her more energy to turn up in the party as she dances on a couch.

Knowing she got under Valore's skin and probably caused a problem in Errol's relationship made her entire night. "You should've seen that bitches face when I said me and Errol have a kid. She had to pick that big mouth up off the ground," she brags to one of her friends.

She pours herself another drink before throwing half of it back. She scrunches up her face up at the taste when her shoulder is being tapped. She looks at the man who's extending her a glass full of a drink.

"Who's that for?" The club employee points at her best friend, Neriah, causing her to look back at her...

Rejoice grabs the drink handing it to Neriah prompting them to both look in wonder. "He sent it," the guy says before pointing at a man in a section across the club. His section is full and lively of men who are his friends and a couple females. From the diamonds shining around his neck and the designer lacing his body they know he has some money.

Rejoice smiles looking at Neriah who asks, "Who is he?"

"Houston Rocket's player." Rejoice may not watch sports, but it's apart of her job to know certain people.

Neriah looks across the club at him trying to see if he becomes familiar to her. "Don't know him. Is he a bench warmer or does he get play time?"

"Does it matter? He still gets paid regardless. Not everybody can be James Harden." Neriah slightly shrugs. She has a point. "You know what to do," Rejoice says in Neriah's ear who nods her head. Riah wastes no time leaving their section to make her way across the club to him. Rejoice sips her drink and watches closely as Neriah introduces herself to the man.

Got him... She thinks with a smirk.

They've been scoping out the club looking for their next victims. With a building full of rappers, athletes, scammers, and drug dealers they had their pick of balling men. But you can't just pick anybody, you have to pick the right one.

Rejoice and Neriah would come to the club with a crew of baddies and sick them on the men like a blood hungry fighting dog. The men wouldn't know what hit them until thousands are missing from their pockets due to shelling out cash to impress women they don't even know. They're buying bottle after bottle trying to compete with the dude in the next section over. This is why club promoters love when they come through equaling a free section and bottles.

Most of these men leave with these women for a night cap because men can't refuse easy pussy. By the morning either their expensive jewelry, wad of cash, or dignity is gone. Or the women leaves with a phone number they can use for the future to get more work and more money. It never fails.

Those phone numbers can lead to even more money. Rejoice uses those connections to provide girls for raunchy parties, vacations, and events. If you knew what happens at these exclusive parties you might be disgusted. Between the escorts, drugs, and alcohol there's a lot of freaky shit going down.

When it comes to the urban side of the industry Rejoice is known to have some of the most top notch girls. Rejoice doesn't like to call herself a madam or pimpstress, but that's what she is. She has one of the best upscale prostitution rings in Los Angeles. All disguised under her model and talent agency that she uses to find models, but also girls willing to sell their body at a pretty price.

Sometimes she wonders how she got here then she looks at her bank account steadily increasing. Sometimes she even wants to quit feeling like she has enough money to live a comfortable life. That's the problem... Being comfortable isn't enough for her. After seeing her parents being lazy and lacking drive she said she would never be like that.

Greed clouds her vision more than it should, but she wants it all. Nothing or no one is off limits when it comes to Rejoice. It's all for the taking..

Rejoice watches Neriah talk to the basketball player knowing that's her flirting body language. She wears a satisfied grin. Even though Neriah is her best friend and business partner now she used to be one of her girls. She became the best, so Rejoice rewarded her by promoting her position.

That doesn't mean Neriah won't sleep with a man for money if it comes down to it. These men still fawn all over her, so she uses her body and looks to get what she wants. Even as her best friend Rejoice still thinks of Neriah as her bitch.

Even though Neriah is the one giving her the ideas lately. Rejoice has slowed down and some may even say she's gone soft. A lot of people feel like Neriah will get tired soon and stop taking Rejoice's shit, so she can take over...

When Rejoice's phone starts vibrating she looks at it seeing the name Messiah on her screen. She rolls her eyes then completely ignores the call continuing to party.

Neriah doesn't come back to their section until she has the basketball players number then they go back to partying the night away with a section full of pretty ass women. When Like That with the City Girls, Stefflon Don, and Renni Rucci plays they all rap along to the lyrics..

All I wanna know is where the niggas with the racks at
All I wanna know is where the niggas with the bags at?
Hair done, nails done, stomach on flat
I'm a real ass, trill ass bitch, I need a nigga like that
Where he at? Yo, tell me where the real niggas at?
I need a nigga like that, where he at?

They feel every word because they can relate a little too much. When it gets to Stefflon Don's part Rejoice records a video of Neriah rapping one of the lines, "He know I'm better than his ex, better than his next."

She posts the video to her Instagram story being a little petty, but not giving a damn. They all laugh continuing to dance and drink not giving a fuck.

After an hour at this club they decide it's time to wrap up the night and go back to their hotel. They stand outside of the club waiting on their ride when a Rolls Royce Dawn pulls up. "That's us," Neriah says getting happy because her feet are killing her in these heels.

"Who is this?" Rejoice wonders.

"My friend's giving us a ride," she says in a tone to tell Rejoice not to worry. She starts towards the car first as Rejoice tries to see who's driving the car but the windows are tinted. The driver's door opens and she figures it's because it's a two-door car and the person's going to let her in. When she sees who it is Rejoice immediately rolls her eyes and looks up...

Mo City Messiah. He's been one of Rejoice's business partners for almost five years along with Neriah. He's sort of like her mentor. He taught her everything she knows about the game. Don't let the fact he's a pretty boy fool you because he's not the one to mess with.

He used to be one of the biggest when it came to sex trafficking in the Houston area. Then he got into being a club promoter. At least that's what he would tell people. He did in fact bring business into clubs. He was great at executing special events at the club and that usually required fine ass girls...

Whether it's just getting women into the club or women who are bottle girls, servers, bartenders, or strippers. If Messiah was throwing the party you already knew the baddest bitches would be there. And not some low down hood booger's. They were the top of the line, expensive girls.

The ones with no less than 50,000 followers. The ones always wearing designer, nails done, hair done, and face beat. The women who flew out the country to get their ass, hips, stomach, and boobs done. The women who are always vacationing, but you never see who they're with. The women who look untouchable to the average man, but can be touched at a price.

She met Messiah when she was on her way to being one of those types of girls. She was a cam girl getting paid thousands a week to fulfill the fantasies of men who stared at her on computer screens. Messiah slid in her DM's asking if she would be in a music video he was casting for. She accepted.

For some reason Messiah didn't see her like the other girls he had working for him. He could see the coldness in her eyes. He could see she had drive and ambition. He could see she was willing to do anything to get out of Dallas. At the same age had things she would draw the line at that other girls would do for pocket change. He was right, so he put her in charge of a small group of his girls. She began managing a prostitution ring under him.

Before he knew it Rejoice was in California and he was giving her a loan to start her agency with Neriah to look like a legit business. They were making bank all while partying, shopping, and pimping bitches on the low with numerous prominent and wealthy clients.

Rejoice has thought about severing ties with Messiah and starting her own thing for months now. Rejoice and Messiah have a very intense and complicated relationship. It's weird to say, but Messiah was kind of like the father figure who loved and hated her, so he was abusive and loving at the same time. He showed her the ropes, guided her, and gave her advice. Then he would turn around and insult her to make sure Rejoice knows she's not shit without him.

She used to be a 'Daddy's girl' then she started to gain her own independence...

"You set me up, bitch!" She says with attitude spinning to look at Neriah.

"I didn't set you up. You can't keep avoiding him, Joie." And why the fuck can't I? She wants to say to Neriah. When her phone starts ringing she says, "Oop, my dick tonight is ringing! I'm gonna get a ride with him." Neriah gives a smile knowing she's not shit, but she's more scared of Messiah than she will ever be of Rejoice. "I'll text you," she waves before leaving her friend with Messiah.

"Get in the car." Rejoice looks around then does a sigh walking around the car to get into the passenger seat of the Rolls Royce. As soon as the door is shut Messiah pulls off while she puts her seatbelt on.

"I heard you were in town and I had to see this shit for myself, especially since it seems like you're avoiding me," he starts making Rejoice look at him. "Anytime I ask someone they say you're in London, Jamaica, Los Angeles.."

"I'm a busy bitch," she grumbles out looking out of the window wondering where they're even going.

"Busy making the money you owe me, I hope, bitch." He throws the word back at her, but his has more aggression.

"Something like that."

"Something like that?" He repeats not liking that answer. "Clearly you ain't sellin' enough pussy and maybe it's time we put yours up on the market. You claim to be such a boss bitch, so I would hope you have top notch box that'll get you out of debt."

That's one thing Rejoice swears she'll never do. She'll never actually have sex with someone for money. She has no problem seeing other girls do it when she gets a cut, but her doing it? She would never stoop so low.

"I told you I'm working on getting the money."

"Not fast enough," he grits going 20 miles per hour over the speed limit.

"I need more time."

"How much more time? I've given you months."

"A few more months. Just a few." A couple months ago Rejoice borrowed nearly six figures from Messiah and has yet to pay him back. Her time is running out and he's growing impatient.

"Where does this grand master plan come into play?" Messiah asks looking over at her.

"I have a couple ways for money coming in. I'm getting a decent amount from my Mother's death, but I don't get that until August. I'm about to expand the business with a headquarters in Texas so that means more girls and more money."

"Whatever happened to that plan you told me about with the boxer?" He asks referring to Anthony Joshua.

"It fell through," she says rolling her eyes. The plan with Anthony was supposed to work and probably would've.

"I thought you said it was full-proof and would bring in millions."

"We had a mishap. I looked over one person. My cousin was protecting him." She grinds her teeth remembering the way Abella protected Anthony like she was his guard dog. Imagine protecting a man who's only fucking you.

"Your cousin as in the singer?" Rejoice nods her head. "Fix it. Make him do something that'll even make her turn her back on him then hit him with something that'll hurt his pockets. Or if you have to get them both, so maybe we can get double the money."

"I will." She knows it's a lie. She doesn't even know the next time she'll be able to get next to Anthony, let alone if she can, especially without Abella around. "I also have this other plan..." Rejoice starts. For the first time in her life something wasn't a scheme or a grand master plan to get money, but after the arguments she had with Errol and Valore she doesn't care anymore.

"What is it?" Messiah narrows his eyes looking at Rejoice wondering what she has cooking up.

"My ex, another boxer, Errol Spence Jr."

He furrows his eyebrows. "That's your ex?" He asks not believing her.

"Yeah, we dated for years actually. From high school until I was about twenty. Right when I met you. Pretty much until I moved to California."

"What's the plan?" He asks not caring about any of that. "Wait, a minute. Weren't you pregnant before you went off to Cali?" She nods her head and he starts to understand. "The baby was his. Whatever happened to that baby?"

"My mother was taking care of him for me and–"

"She's dead now. So where is the kid?" He says it so bluntly and heartlessly. Rejoice is still trying to come to terms with her mother's death three months later. She has a lot of regret and guilt.

"Foster care."

He doesn't mean to laugh, but he does. "What the hell did you do? I know you didn't get the damn child taken away."

Of course she's offended that he assumes it was her fault. "No! My mother got sick and put him in foster care because I couldn't take him."

He screws his face up. "What were you doing that you couldn't take him? It's your child. You should've wanted him for the simple fact it's by a rich nigga. You know how much you could be getting in child support right now? Errol Spence Jr. ain't just anybodies fighter. He's on the up and up." Even a dude as grimy as Messiah knows she's wrong.

"I know that now," Rejoice grumbles. "Look, I have to find the boy then go from there. I have to figure out a way to get joint custody when I do find my son."

He laughs once again. "You need more than joint. He has to live with you and be in your care more than the father's if you want any type of money out of this."

"I got this. I know what to do," Rejoice says thinking on it.

"You do?" He asks wondering what she's thinking, but she's quiet. "Well, what is it?" He asks with attitude stopping when he pulls into a parking spot.

"Where are we?" She asks looking around and disregarding his question.

"My hotel."

"What are we doing here?"

"You're staying the night with me. We have a lot of catching up to do after you did all this running from me. I hope you're prepared to make a payment tonight," he says killing the engine on the car and removing the key.

"I don't have any cash on me."

"You know I don't fuck with cash," he says removing his seat belt. When he reaches over her and undoes the seat belt across Rejoice's body for her she tenses up. She gets what he's talking about now. She looks into his unreadable hazel eyes when he utters, "Get out of the car."

"I told you I have a plan and I need a few extra months."

"Doesn't mean you can't make a deposit tonight." He puts his hand on her chin smiling to reveal his diamond open face grill.

"I have a plan. Trust me," is her way of trying to buy more time.

"You ain't told me shit yet."

"I'm going to get my son back and that way I can start getting money from Errol. I'll even go as far as ruining his current relationship and getting back with him. I can get the money. It's slower money, but I can get it."

A smile creeps across Messiah's face before he says, "You're one evil bitch, but I love it." He reaches forward rubbing her jawline with his thumb. He leans in placing a kiss to the corner of Rejoice's lip.

"Come on," she says slightly pulling away.

"Don't act surprised. You should know how this shit go. I was gonna take you up to my room, but we can do this shit right here. My windows are tinted." She can tell by the way he jerks away from her that she's pissed him off now. She watches him unzip his jacket first before throwing it to the backseat leaving him in a black t-shirt. "Take your clothes off."

"You can't keep treating me this way. We're business partners. You're not my pimp and I'm not your hoe. That's what we do together.."

He laughs. "We were business partners when we both put in 50/50 and got back 50/50. The day you asked for that loan and have yet to pay me back is the day you became my bitch. Now take your clothes off," he says more sternly now that he's had to say it more than once.

She sighs. "We can just go up to your room."

"No, you don't deserve to lay on the sheets of my 5-star suite. You my bitch, so I'll fuck you in the backseat of this car like a hoe off the street." Rejoice glares at him and he gives her the same look back. At this point she's pissed right along with him, so she rips the thin material of her sheer jumpsuit. "I'm not stuntin' that attitude."

He looks her up and down as she sits there with her bare chest exposed because she wasn't wearing a bra. He hits the button to make his seat lean back before going in the middle compartment grabbing an already rolled blunt and a lighter.

"You know what to do." He looks down while lighting up the blunt. He takes the first inhale as Rejoice's hand meet the waistband of his joggers. He lifts up a little so she can pull them down.

"You're lucky you're at least fine," she grumbles the compliment. She's glad right about now her mentor isn't an old ass man.

"I know I'ma pretty muh fucka now put those pretty lips around this dick," he says to be patronizing. This is exactly why she's been avoiding him.

...

Rejoice is now realizing ripping her own outfit wasn't a good idea. After having sex with Messiah in the backseat of his car she puts on his jacket and zips it up. When her phone starts ringing she reaches up to the front seat to grab it.

"It's Errol." She almost forgot they exchanged numbers in Jamaica before things took a complete left turn.

"Answer it and put it on speaker."

She hesitantly answers the phone then puts it on speaker like he said. She hopes he doesn't say anything. "What, Errol?" She asks once answering.

"What was that bullshit you pulled at the club? Now she done put me out of the hotel room feeling like I was lying to her and keeping secrets. You're just determined to ruin my life, huh?" Rejoice does a satisfied laugh picturing his girlfriend throwing him out while he pleads his case.

"That's not my problem."

"Why must you start shit wherever you go?"

"You should've told her and this wouldn't have happened."

"Speaking of things someone should've told somebody... I found out some information that you didn't make me privy to. The social worker found out you signed your rights away to Royce as soon as he was born. You gave your mother Katrina full custody and guardianship over him." Rejoice immediately closes her eyes at him knowing. When she looks at Messiah he's giving her a glare at the new found information as well. This changes everything about her little plan.

Errol goes on, "She put him in foster care when she got sick because there was no one else she could give him to including you. You don't have any rights to that boy. Which tells me even more you're only trying to get him back to potentially get money from me."

She had to think fast on her toes. "You sound stupid. If I wanted him back to get money from you I wouldn't have told you so soon. I would've waited to make sure I know for a fact I can get my rights back and that he'll be given back to me. By telling you first I'm making the chances of the system awarding him to you even greater which means no child support. I just want to find our son so he can know both of us. Whether he's with me or you. He deserves that."

"What? He didn't deserve it when you found out you were pregnant? When you gave birth? Or when your mother gave you the opportunity to get him before she put him in foster care? What changed?" Those are all valid questions.

"Me. I changed."

Errol laughs loudly at that to the point Rejoice pulls the phone back a little. Messiah laughs under his breath shaking his head. It is funny, he thinks. "You ain't changed a damn bit. Deep down your still that little Dallas girl from the hood with Daddy issues. The parties and celebrities have made you think you're a different person, that you're somebody. Makes you think you're more important than you actually are."

"And your money doesn't do the same? You're not the same Errol."

"Of course I'm not because I don't let you run all over me. Give it up, Rejoice... When they find our son I'm taking a DNA test. If he's mine he's living with me and you'll never see him or a single penny from me. You can bet my life on that.." Errol hangs up in her face at that not giving her a chance to respond.

"Well, he told you." Messiah laughs like it's the funniest thing in the world as if Rejoice wasn't partially depending on this to pay him back. "You done fucked up. Not only is dude a stand up guy and actually wants to do the right thing, but you didn't say nothing about signing your rights away."

It honestly slipped her mind at first. She was so drugged up when she gave birth then when they presented the papers she signed them with no questions. The plan was only for her mother to keep him for her, but there was no talks of setting it legally in stone.

Katrina was the one who talked Rejoice into keeping the baby in the first place. She said from day one she would take care of the baby like it's her child because it felt like another chance for her not to screw up. Her oldest son was killed by a police officer and Rejoice hated her. Royce was basically three times the charm in her eyes.

If Katrina was going to be taking care of her child from day one she didn't see why she shouldn't be the legal guardian. She was going to need permission for a lot of things regarding him, so she had Rejoice sign the papers. Her daughter never questioned it or fought her on it. When Katrina made decisions regarding Royce, Rejoice never opposed them by saying, 'It's my child.'

From the beginning Royce never felt like Rejoice's child. It felt like Katrina's more than anything. She had no emotional connection to the boy even when she would Facetime him or come to Texas on holidays to visit.

"I can get my rights back," Rejoice says confidently making Messiah laugh again.

"That's gonna be a long process and I don't have the time or patience for that shit. I want half of my money by August. With or without the boy or the plan against Errol. Now get out of my car."

"Get out? I don't have a way back to my hotel. You brought me here!"

"Does it look like I give a fuck? Call an Uber or Lyft now get the fuck out because I'm ready for bed," he says with a fake yawn to make her even madder. Rejoice climbs over the seat then gets out of the car slamming the door behind her. He rolls the passenger window down and leans over warning her, "Ay, bitch! Don't slam my fuckin' door before I slam your head between this shit. You hear me?"

"Fuck you!" She says with the flip of her middle finger.

Messiah chuckles deciding he doesn't give a damn because she has to pay him regardless. He gets out of his car and locks the doors saying, "Goodnight, bitch," before disappearing into the hotel building.

After requesting an Uber, Rejoice sits on the curb putting her head in her hands. She doesn't know what to do. She unlocks her phone looking at the picture that's been her wallpaper for a week now...

It's a picture of her mother and son. It was actually the last picture Katrina posted on her Facebook account saying how she missed him. Rejoice looks at it and something abnormal for her happens... She breaks down crying. "I'm sorry," she whispers almost as if it's to them.

She created a big problem and now she doesn't know how to fix it.

__________

Neriah & Messiah in the mm.

It's New Year's Eve, so here's my present to you. I'm back from Nigeria tired, but also refreshed. Who's ready for updates?

Toran & Trouble won't be in the story for awhile, but they will be important later so remember them👀

Toran harassing Abella? Should she tell anyone?

Rejoice telling Valore? Rejoice owing Messiah money?

Comment / Vote🥊❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 179 36
Through trauma and difficulties, Davina Vàsquez finds her way into Madrid, working as a physiotherapist, where she meets an old friend who goes by th...
394K 9K 44
sequel to 'hating you from the beginning.' READ BOOK 1 FIRST! ~ "I know I know." I rub my face. "Why am I at your house?" I ask. "I wasn't going to...
102K 2.7K 62
MATURE | 18+ "we're not supposed to be doing this." august said, breathless, basking in the proximity. ares smirked. "who cares? i'm in charge here."...
45.5K 482 54
Sometimes, someone comes into your life so unexpectedly, takes your heart by surprise and changes your life forever." Aluna is a beautiful model/prof...