What Waits At Home

By CandiceCowell

❤(In progress)❤ Lora Taylor grew up with a mother that picked drugs over her daughters and a father who lost... More

Welcome home
*Dog Tags
*Miss.Woods
friends?
*Night out 1
Night out Part 2
*Sweet Dreams
Rebound?
The mistake that cost
Your my Tree
I will alway be here for you
My new found sisters
The feeling
Mrs.Grant
Why wont you talk to me?
Best to calm you

The Taylor's spot

3.2K 107 12
By CandiceCowell

KELLYS POV

I watch as Jessa rushes to her car and leaves the house making anger grow up in me. What the hell happened while I was on my run? I think to myself. I lift my hand up to my forehead wiping the sweat from my brow as I watch her car turns the corner out of sight. The look in her eyes the pain behind them hurt me. I've never seen that with her before. 

I remember the day I meet Jess when Courtney brough her over to the house to meet me. I was going through a rough time on the team at the time. Some of the guys weren't happy with me joining while most were accepting. I was bullied at first by the ones who weren't. When she first saw me I had gotten jumped after practice. It ended with me having a black eye and busted lip but my best friend on the team Matt jumped in on time to stop it with his other friends.

Courtney was furious of course and wanted to contact the school asap but Jess had a knowing look in her eyes as she led me to the bathroom to help clean me up. I didn't know her yet but the way she treated me reminded me of the way Lora would take care of me after moms boyfriends had their fun with us. She patched me up in no time and cracking jokes to make me giggle every time it would sting. It was nice to feel like I had Lora home even if I knew it wasn't her. After a while she would help me with pep talks and advice and we grew closer. Her help gave me the confidence to push through and not take any more crap from them and I ended up pushing the team to victory for the first time in years.

She always helped when Court and I had things with school and practice with Jennifer. Jennifer loved her too and it was strange at first to see how well she did with her but it felt like she was a part of the family. 

I shake my head breaking my self from the memory of the first meeting as I push my way through the front door slamming it. 

"Anyone wanna tell me why I was met with a crying Jessa running from the house?" I demanded as I crossed my arms eyes down my two older sisters embraced in a hug. They both shot up at my words looking at one another shocked. Lora stood and handed Court her phone telling her something I couldnt hear before dashing up to her room.

I walk over to Court as shes typing into the phone and I just glare at her.

"I feel your anger Kelly please dont look at me like that." She says not even looking up making me scoff and roll my eyes.

Lora comes back down and heads out the door with Court behind her. 

"No I have to do this on my own." She tells her making her stop in her tracks. 

Before she makes it out the door I grab her by her arm.

"Whatever you did Lora you better fix this. You don't understand how much Jen and I need her in our lives I won't let you screw this up." I hiss out at her letting my anger roll off me into my words. Her eyes hold sadness and she just nods her head before I let go and let her leave. 

I turn to Court but before I can say another word Jen walks down the stairs and right to me rubbing her sleepy eyes. She lays her head on my stomach and I pick her up in my arms. 

"Hey wanna have a sister day with me?" I ask her. Her face automatically brightens with a smile as she nodded her head. I turn to Court and she softly smiles.

"Do what needs to be done today I have her." I whisper to her and Court just nods once to me. I carry Jen back up to her room so we can get her dressed and decide what we are going to do.

"Creek?!" She pleads with me grabbing her bathing suit out of her dresser. I just chuckle and smile.

"Sure sweet pea that sounds amazing great idea." She jumps up and down with excitement. 

"I'm going to go throw mine on too so grab your swimming bag out of the closet and meet me downstairs when you are done ok?" I say. 

"YAY!" she screeches making me laugh as I leave her room and hurry with my stuff. She meets me and we head out. It's a long drive to were I love to go. It's a place Lora would always take us when I was little to get away from mom when things got bad. Not many people know about it and we dont tell anyone so most the time it all ours. 

We make it and not long Jen is out of my car and in the water. I join her within minutes. We spend what feels like about 2 hours goofing off before I hear someone pull up. I look up and see Loras car. 

I get out of the water and walk up to her car and look inside. As soon as I do I see her crying with her head rested on the wheel. It breaks my heart. I quickly open her door startling her for a moment before she realizes it's me making her look away. I quickly wrap my arms around her not carrying that I'm soaked from the water. That doesn't seem to bother her as she just lets me hold her.

"Why don't you get out and come join us Lue. Jen would love to spend some time with you." I say as she turns back to me.

"That sounds like a great idea."

She follows me over to the water and she strips into her boxers and a tank top. She also sits down and takes her prosthetic leg off before sliding in andusing her arms to swim after Jenny making her giggle as she pretends to be a monster chasing her. I notice she struggles for a moment in the water but its shallow enough for her so stand on her one leg and easily move.

Hours go by with this and it makes me feel happy. We decide to get out and grab the food from my ice chest I put in my truck for the day and sit around in the shade talking. Jen curls up on Loras lap falling asleep in her arms after tiering herself out. I see the sun is getting low and know I should be getting Jen home soon.

"Lora I know you may not wanna talk about it but what happened?" I ask softly to her.

She stays quiet for a moment before looking at me.

"I have feelings for Jess. I don't know why and I'm scared." She whispers looking down to the ground. This just makes me smile softly to her.

"Jess is an amazing person. We were lucky to have her while you were away. I just don't understand though why was she crying?"

Lora looks down to Jens face and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear as she sleeps.

She ends up telling me everything that happened. It surprises me as well because she even breaks down and tells me what happened while she was gone. I see the pain she holds and I hate it. I know I shouldn't have yelled at her earlier. 

"I'm sorry Lue. Jess will come around. I can't say why she reacted the way she did. That is for her to say and I promised I wouldn't tell anyone but I do know she loves this family. I'm with Court on her not wanting to see either of you hurt but I say go for it. I see and Jen sees her as a sister already so just be happy and live now that you can. I know it's not going as you planned and I'm so sorry about Hailey. I would have loved to have her in our lives. But I know you don't want to hear this but life goes on. She loved you I know that. I know your heart will always hold a place for her but if something in your life makes you happy it's worth fighting for."  I say to Lora trying not to sound preachy or unsympathetic. I hate seeing her upset. I wish I could help her the way she saved me but all I can do is try to be real with her.

"I know Kelly. Hailey would want me to open my heart up. You do know I wouldnt use her right. From the moment my eyes met Jessa's I felt something.  I just hope she can forgive me." I nod my head to her.

"Lora knowing her she will but just give her the time she needs. She will come to you. You did confess your feelings to her. Now she has the ball."

Lora laughs quietly at what I said. 

"Its getting late Kell I should get Jenni home. You wanna go out with friends tonight?" She asks. It shocks me. 

"Yah that would be great if thats ok with you?"

"Yah its Saturday night go have fun. But please don't drink. And if you happen to do just call me and I'll come get you ok?" She says with a look in her eyes. I walk over and kiss her on the forehead and hug her.

"Don't worry Lora I'll be home by 1 at the latest if thats fine?" 

" Yah just text if it changes." She says as she stands and buckles Jen up in her car. We collect all our things and trash and she gives me a proper hug and kiss before sending me off. I follow her most of the way home before we split ways and I see her head down our road knowing they will make it home soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.9K 3K 24
What would you feel when you came back and had a crush on someone who turns out to be your fiancee? Follow Kyle as she ventures into the world of com...
126K 3.7K 37
My name is Brooklyn Robert. I'm 17, head cheerleader since my freshman year, I have fair grades and people always compliment me on my looks even thou...
543K 22.4K 35
Living with guilt and a broken heart, Lacey joins the military to drown out the memories of her past. But the time has come for her to return to the...
2.3K 245 30
My life in ruins, this is where I'm at currently. I was living a lie, lying to people and most importantly to myself. You can act straight all you...