The Cinderella Punk

By crazymeltzar

Meet Elle. She's nothing but a plain nerdy girl with over sized spectacles. Yeah, hard to believe. On top of... More

The Cinderella Punk [Edited]
Escaping the Monsters (edited)
A Fight to Remember (edited)
An Early Morning Surprise [part 1] (Edited)
An Early Morning Surprise [part 2] (Edited)
The people who care about you (Edited)
Why did he do that? [EDITED]
Come back to me [Edited]
The day just couldn't get any better [Edited]
Pain [Edited]
Nightmare [Edited]
Bloody broken glass [Edited]
Demon Mask [Edited]
Blue eyes, green eyes [Edited]
Scents [Edited]
Slip of the tongue [Edited]
Deadly Dance of the Demon [Edited]
Kidnapped [Edited]
Do you trust me? [Edited]
Do your trust me? [Part 2] [Edited]
Changed [Havoc's story] [Edited]
The Map [Edited]
The Library [Part 1] [Edited]
The Library [Part 2][Edited]
The Garden Room [Edited]
Danger in the maze [Edited]
Confessions [Edited]
Revealed [Edited]
Getting to know you [part 1] [Edited]
Getting to know you [part 2][Edited]
The Battle [Edited]
the Battle [part 2][Edited]
Mourning [Edited]
Jealousy
Miracle Part 1 [Edited]
Miracle Part 2 [Edited]
Relief and Pain Part 1 [Edited]
Relief and Pain Part 2 [Edited]
House not Home Part 1 [Edited]
House not home Part 2 [Edited]
Happily Never After [Edited]
Leave [Edited]
Heatwave Part 1 [Edited]
Heatwave Part 2 [Edited]
Epilogue [Edited]

Friendship [Edited]

322 21 6
By crazymeltzar

Edited. ♡♡

~*~*~*~*~

When I first transferred schools, I was unaware of the power he held over the students and teachers. He was such a nice and kind-hearted person. He was cool and all the kids respected him. His fellow peers respected him too. He was such a likeable guy back then who smiled easily and joined in when the teasing started.

But I could tell when a guy had raw power and influence. I could tell from Jason's aura when we first met that he was the guy in charge, even before the others in the team introduced me to him – the captain and quarter back of the team. We had a stare down then and I instantly liked the guy. I too had raw power but this guy harnessed his power and wielded it such that others around him just naturally followed what he said.

I still remembered the time that I had first caught a glimpse of his true power.

There was once a guy in the opponent's team who accused one of our guys of stealing. The guy had menace in his eyes as he addressed Brock. I had risen through the ranks to become vice-captain of the school football team and knew I couldn't stand back and do nothing. But Brock being the numbskull he was exploded into a ball of fury and launched a punch at the guy's face. Which wasn't really helping his cause. I knew for a fact that Brock would not risk stealing anything, even a million bucks. He feared the consequences too much. But at that moment, it seemed that fear had over-ridden his sense of logic. I sighed but before I could step in, Jason was there.

His face was a mask of tranquillity but I knew him well enough that he was angry that one of his guys had been falsely accused. He tapped Brock on the shoulder and instantly the large man froze, his eyes slowly moving to look at Jason from the corner of his eye. Jason waved his hand and Brock scurried back to seat on the benches. Jason was about to put in a word when the opponent's coach threw insults at our team.

"Good for nothing players. Can't even own up. Petty theft," he spat on the ground near Jason's feet. "Its no wonder your team can't play football like real man."

Coach Adam was about to say something was Jason suddenly straightened up. A sudden hush fell over the crowd as Jason's picture appeared on the jumbo screen. He look like a man in control. Even the principal who was standing at the bleaches sat down abruptly. I observed the aura pouring off Jason. It was dark and heavy and I knew it was the anger spilling off him in waves.

"False accusations. Insults to my team. I believe you are the one who cannot play football like a real man Coach David," Jason said his voice low. I watched as his eyes raked the coach, sizing him up. An angry blush spread across coach David's face.

"Why you little..."

He could not complete the insult for the entire school had stood up and was shooting death glares at the coach. Perplexed the coach looked around him, confused to why so many people would react so strongly to the boy standing before him. The team behind Jason lined up behind him.

Jason did not look smug nor did he attempt to shove in the coach's face that he was the one in charge. He just frowned down at the coach and the boy who had accused Brock falsely.

"I would request that you apologize to my friend here and allow the game to continue as planned," Jason said softly, politely, gesturing as he did so to Brock who stepped up.

The camera focused on Coach David's face. Everyone expected him to apologise and with the added pressure of his face on the jumbo screen, Coach David murmured an apology and stalked back to his side of the field. That was the day that my respect for Jason grew. He held power yet he never once abused that power for his own personal gain.

......

But ever since...Angel left us...His power and influence only intensified. He was aware of this which was why Jason had quit the football team. He did not want an opportunity for him to display this increased in power. It was not good for the power was tainted with grief and sorrow. I told his as much and he said he knew.

But today his control snapped and I couldn't blame him for it. The entire school had a taste of the new power he wielded and I knew for a matter of fact that the students would learn to fear him. Fear and respect for him would grow, putting him more into the spotlight. I knew Jason did not want this. He wanted to be in isolation. He wanted to mourn the passing of his soul mate. But life was cruel and he was forced to bear what was left of  school, until the moment he graduated.

I watched as Jason ran a hand through his hair before turning to face the mass of people. He was taking this opportunity to sieve out his targets.

"I would like to see Dani Winters and Tyler Montague please," he said, his voice low.

Instantly, a girl with copper curls and a boy whose black hair covered half his face was pushed forward. Jason looked at them before turning to glide out of the cafeteria. I watched him go before beckoning the two people to follow us. Once the doors of the cafeteria closed, the noise started back up, no doubt the gossip of what happened today would start.

Jason lead us to one of the art rooms. Since quitting the football team, Jason had used his spare time to delved into the arts. He was given a room, a private room, where he was allowed to paint and draw. No one could enter the room unless he invited them in.

The room was cream brown filled with beautiful painting of various scenery. I was the one who suggested to Jason that we needed something calming to do in our free time and he had suggested painting. I had raised my eyebrow at his suggestion but went with it any ways. As time passed, I realised why he chose painting. Angel had once mentioned to us her love for art. It was as if through the painting, we were capturing pieces of her soul to stay with us.

To stay with him.

Jason gestured for the two to seat and I watched as Dani and Tyler hesitantly seated themselves on the black couch. Jason walked to the window, his movements eerily graceful. He stood at the window with the sunlight bathing over him, a greek God showered with love by the elements. 

"You must be wondering why I called you here."

Dani and Tyler exchanged worried looks. I watched as Dani wrung her hand together nervously. I noticed this and scooted to seat next to her, taking her hands in mine. She stiffened for a moment before relaxing into me.

Yes, she was my soul mate and I told her as much. 

It was a few days after the incident and I just went up to her and told her she was my soul mate. But the reason why I was mean to her in the diner was so I could get a rise out of Angel. To confirm to myself that this was the woman I had been searching for.

 My relationship with Dani was growing stronger and because of her, I could deal with Angel's death better. We had started going out soon after I told her she was my soul mate. We were tentative and weary of each other at first but we had learned to understand each other. And over time, I felt my feelings for her grow. I just had not confessed to her yet.

But looking at Jason, I couldn't help feel the weight of his pain and sorrow. Jason never approached Dani and Tyler. He never once talked to them. I tried bringing Dani over to the Ring once but when Jason found out, he refused to go to the ring. I knew. I understood. Looking at me and Dani reminded him too much of Angel. I didn't let him meet me with Dani after that.

But here we were, in the same room, with Tyler. I watched as Jason closed his eyes momentarily before turning to face us. He eyes travelled to my hand and Dani's. His eyes softened and he inclined his head to me.

Congratulations.

My breath caught in my throat before a smile broke out on my face. I inclined my head back in answer before leaning back, relaxing into the posh couch. He had accepted us. He had acknowledged my soul mate.

"I'm here to tell you a news that should have been told to you long ago," he began as he paced back to the window, his hands behind his back.

Jason had the body of an eighteen year old, fit and ripped but he had the life experience of an old man. His eyes were older than the rest of his body and so was his soul. We both were older than we looked. It was inevitable with what we had experienced.

"About six months ago, I am sure that you have heard the rumour of the Anderson family shifting away," he said without looking at Dani or Tyler.

I watched as their brows furrowed in thought.

"I want to ask if you remember who the people in the family were."

Dani's hand tightened around mine and I squeezed it back in reassurance.

"Yes... we remember. It was the twins Tasha and Heather, step-mother Fiona and..."

At this Jason turned around to face his guests.

"And?"

Tyler gulped under the force of Jason's dark gaze. "And Elizabeth Anderson."

I watched as Jason sucked in a breath, as if he had been punched in the gut. His hand travelled up to reach for the pendant hanging around his neck.

"Elizabeth..." He whispered her name like a talisman. "She was my soul mate, the woman I love..."

Tyler and Dani's eyes widened at this. They were too shocked to say anything.

"But six months ago...she went on a mission to rid this world of the vermin called Fiona. Lucas and I went with her... we made it out from the death trap alive but she did not..."

Jason's hand clenched the pendant harder as he squeezed his eyes shut and breath in deep. The reminder was painful and I too took a moment to close my eyes, willing the pain away.

"Wait...are you saying that... that..." Tyler was stammering, his face pale.

"Elle is dead?" Dani finished, her voice a mere whisper. She turned her pain filled eyes at me and I knew she was accusing me of not telling her sooner. I was about to say something when Jason stirred.

"Do not blame Lucas, Dani. I was the one who swore him to secrecy by the name of my beloved Angel. He could not break such a promise. We could not tell you about this devastating news sooner for we were still in mourning. I understand that it was selfish of us... of me... but I wanted to keep my Angel with me a while longer..."

Jason turned away from us back to the window. I could feel his pain rolling off him in waves.

"You may not believe me... but believe me when I say I love Elizabeth... I always will and I will honour her memory for eternity."

His back was rigid, his jaw clenched.

"And... I ask if we can be friends... all of us."

He pinned Tyler and Dani with his gaze, his blue gaze filled with pain and sorrow. Tyler and Dani looked at each other in surprise. It was one thing to know that the most popular guy in school was breaking to you the news that your best-friend was dead and confessing his love for her but it was another thing when he asked you for friendship.

I knew it was hard for Jason to be around people, especially frequently which was why he only hung out with me. I knew he was doing this for Angel. She would have wanted him to get along with her best friends. Dani seemed to understand this for she stood up and went over to hug Jason.

I watched amused as his eyes widened in surprise before patting her back awkwardly in response. Tyler than stood up to give Jason a handshake. He understood too. I smiled. No wonder they were Angel's best friends. They had a spirit of fire and loyalty as solid as gold. Nothing was more valuable. I sighed and went over to pull Dani under my shoulder while giving Jason a pat on the shoulder.

She would be proud of us.

He looked at me and nodded, a small smile forming on his lips.

~*~*~*~

"Have the documents been finalised?"

After Dani amd Tyler left the room, Jason received a call from one of his growing companies. Jason rarely slept more than a few hours a day, his sleep plagued by nightmares.

He had begun to set up his own company a few years ago, and now that we had retrieved the book, he was using it as accordance to Angel's wishes.

The book was indeed dangerous. Not only did it hold the routes of numerous black market trading but also the contacts of many influential people around the world. And this included people who worked underground.

The book contained secrets that could cause a revolution. People would die for this information. Jason had memorized all the contents of the book and given the copy to Elizabeth's butler, ordering it to be burnt.

"We have just confirmed the last of the vermin have been executed."

I smiled grimly. 

In the past three months, Jason and I had taken down Fiona's empire fast and furiously, eradicating all evidence she had been on earth.

We had used the information in the book to do so, the methods written effective and bloodless. But Jason would not be satisfied without bloodshed, so he had ordered the execution of all those who worked for Fiona, those who spread evil in their paths.

"I have done what she wished," I heard him mutter.

He was seating at the arm chair next to the window looking out as grey clouds rolled in, thunder clapping in the distance. His eyes  empty and distant.

I sighed. We may have meted out punishment but that did not fill the void in Jason's soul. All I could do was continue to look out for him.

I feared that if he didn't find the strength to rise up through his sorrow, he would fade away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 71K 37
The Bad Boys Little Fighter Two people that seem so different, but are they really? Luka Knight, the bad boy of the school. The gang leader. The one...
125K 2.9K 36
Book two of a different kind of fairy tale series (can be read as a stand-alone but I do suggest reading as a series) *His fangs came forward. "Mine...
193K 5.7K 20
A girl named Selena, 15 years old, is basically like your real life Cinderella. Mean step-mother, and mean step-sisters. She does basically everythi...
822 46 40
Felicity Ann Monroe is a unique girl, filled with trauma and a lifetime of struggle has only had one solid thing in her life. Shes a competitive chee...