The Straw Hat's Red Devil - S...

By DeadGirlEternal

She's the Daughter of Red-Haired Shanks; she was dropped off to live with Luffy. She met Ace & Sabo, but when... More

Dakota Le Roux
THE VOW
WHO IS SHE?
OUR RED-HAIRED ASSASSIN
BONDING, TROUBLE & THE BARATIE
TROUBLE AT THE BARATIE
FOUGHT WITH STYLE
WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, NAMI!
TURMOIL & TRUTH
THE BEGINNING OF THE SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES
SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES - PART ONE
SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES - PART TWO
GOODBYE PARTY, HELLO OCEAN
LOGUETOWN: CAUSING TROUBLE PART 1
LOGUETOWN: CAUSING TROUBLE PART 2
THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 1
THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 3
THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 4
THE TWIN CAPES LIGHTHOUSE - OLD FRIENDS AND NEW ADVENTURES
I've been Tagged!!!
BOUNTY HUNTERS' NEST OF SECRETS AND REVEALS
BIG JUNGLE STUCK IN THE JURASSIC PERIOD PART 1
BIG JUNGLE STUCK IN THE JURASSIC PERIOD PART 2
I HATE BEING USELESS! I HATE BEING INJURED! I HATE BEING COLD - PT 1
I HATE BEING USELESS! I HATE BEING INJURED! I HATE BEING COLD! - PART 2
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 1: SIBLING REUNION
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 2: TRAVELLING TO YUBA
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 3: WE'RE COMING FOR YOU CROCODILE!
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 4: STOP OPERATION UTOPIA
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 5: THE JOURNEY CONTINUES
MINI STRAW HAT ADVENTURES
IT DOES EXIST! HEAD FOR THE SKY! PART 1
Author Note Update
IT DOES EXIST! HEAD FOR THE SKY! PART 2
WE MADE IT TO THE SKY ISLAND!
THE STRAW HATS START TROUBLE ON THE SKY ISLAND
THE STRAW HATS SEPARATED BUT NOT ALONE

THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 2

938 21 2
By DeadGirlEternal

THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 2

East Blue Saga - Warship Island Arc - Episodes 56 - 57

Dakota's POV:

Nami stands in shock, but I can't help but laugh as I watch my baby Brother try to wiggle out of the Millennium Dragon's mouth; I pull Luffy free from Grandpa Ryu's mouth, now covered in slime. "We need to head back to the others." I point out, and the others agree, "We'll be back soon, Grandpa Ryu." I whisper, taking Apis' hand in mine, leading us to the mouth of the cave. "Stay here with Grandpa Ryu, okay Apis?" I ask her, and she nods her head.

"I will be careful, Dakota." She says, and I nod before joining Luffy and Nami as we walk down the mountain the way we came.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

Once back at the cabin, Bokuden is still reciting the lengthy legend in his sleep, and everyone else is snoozing around. "Hey! Guys! You gotta see this! What happened?" Luffy exclaims as he jumps into the room and walks over to Usopp, snoring on the coffee table.

"Incredible. He's still talking." Nami complains, with her arms folded over her chest; I shake my head also in disbelief at the old man.

"Oi, you gotta hear this," Luffy says and pops Usopp's snot bubble, startling the Sniper awake with a yell.

"Okay, I'm up!" He yells to wake Zoro up, and I walk over to him, sitting in his lap as he wakes up.

"What? Morning already? Dakota!" Zoro says and does a double-take as he notices me on his lap, and I lie back over his lap as he stretches.

"Morning," I greet him; he looks down at me with a blush. I push my legs up into the air and roll back onto my knees next to Zoro, who seems even more flustered, and I look around the room to see Sanji with blood leaking from his nose, Usopp with a blush and even Nami though Luffy isn't looking my way. "What?" I ask, trying to figure out what the problem is.

"You just flashed us!" Nami scolds me, and I shrug my shoulders with a giggle.

"Hope you enjoyed the show." I laugh, getting to my feet when the door swings open, revealing a very flustered villager breathing heavily in the doorway.

"B-Big trouble!" He yells as he steps inside. "Bokuden-san! Where's Apis!?"

"What's wrong?" I ask him, getting to my feet.

"You're a Pirate, right? There's a Marine fleet anchoring in the bay right now!" He informs us and it's not good for us

"They couldn't be... still, after Apis?" Nami wonders, and we all know it's the only option for the Marines to return to the island.

"What is with this kid?" Usopp complains.

"Hey, everyone come with me!" Nami orders us, and Sanji jumps to his feet quickly.

"Yes, Nami-san!" Sanji swoons for her.

"Why?" Luffy asks.

"Just come on!" Nami snaps at him.

"What about Gramps over there?" Zoro asks, gesturing over to the snoozing elder.

"Um... we'll let him rest here for now. Hey, if Bokuden-san wakes up, tell him this: 'we're going to protect Apis.'" I tell him as I walk over to Nami.

"O-Okay." He agrees, and we leave out the back of the cabin.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

We all stand in the cave with Grandpa Ryu still lying down on the bed of straw with Apis on his back, and everyone stands in awe at the Millennium Dragon in front of us, and she comes into view. "Hey, everyone!" She greets us with a smile.

"Just like Gramp Bokuden said, the legendary Millennium Dragon," Nami states to the others.

"Yeah! Isn't it cool!?" Luffy beams next to her.

"It's not like he's yours!" Nami scolds him disapprovingly.

"So when you get closer to the Grand Line, you see things like this?" Zoro wonders, and he's not wrong; wait until we arrive.

"Well we saw those Sea Kings before, but this isn't one of those..." Sanji replies as they look at Grandpa Ryu.

"Scared, Zoro?" I tease him; he snaps his head, looking right at me with a glare, "Come on, take a joke. Swordsman." I tease him some more.

"Are... Are you sure it's tame?" Usopp asks fearfully when Grampa Ryu moves his head towards him, bending his nose slightly before licking his face as if tasting him.

"Oh! Sometimes he gets a bit senile! If he thinks you're food, he'll try to eat you!" Apis warns him, but still, Grandpa Ryu bites down on Usopp's head, trapping him.

"Too late...!" Usopp cries in fear of being eaten by the dragon.

"It doesn't hurt at all, right?" Luffy laughs at our friend's misfortune. "You look like a trout!"

"A-A-Are you just going to stand there? Get me out!" Usopp yells, trying to pry himself free of the dragon's grip.

"Let's just let him eat him," Zoro says, and I stand next to him, but he's refusing to look at him for my earlier teasing.

"Zoro...~" Usopp cries, and Luffy laughs while watching our friend struggle.

"You better not, he'll give you food poisoning." Sanji taunts him.

"Shut up, Love Cook!" He snaps at him; having enough, I walk over to Grandpa Ryu and pet him on the head; he releases the terrified Usopp, who runs away, hiding behind a rock.

"That's better; you don't wanna eat him, he'll make you ill." I whisper-yell to Grandpa Ryu, and I know the others heard me as Luffy lets out a laugh and a yell of protest from the cowering Usopp. Apis jumps down from Grandpa Ryu's back towards me, and I catch her before settling her down on the ground, and she stands on the other side of his head looking solemn, and everyone else but Nami and I sit down around the cave.

"What the Marines want is... this Millennium Dragon. The truth is, after thinking. It over... is that we've decided to take the Millennium Dragon back to Lost Island." Nami explains to the boys.

"Y-You can't be serious! The Marines are closing in! It was hard enough getting away just by ourselves but with something that big..." Usopp begins to protest in his usual fear-stricken way.

"Grandpa Ryu... really wants to go home! So..." Apis exclaims, silencing him for a moment.

"And I bet Luffy said 'Sure! I'll take you back home!' or made some other stupid promises..." Usopp remarks, making a funny voice.

"Yeah! I promised we'd taken him there." Luffy answers with a goofy grin; Usopp stands up with a long groan.

"But we don't have any idea where that island is! How're we supposed to get there!?" Usopp asks in almost outrage.

"Things'll work out," Luffy replies.

"No, they won't." He cries out, trying to reason with our Captain.

"I think if Grandpa Ryu returns to his birthplace, he'll get better," Apis explains as he strokes his snout lovingly.

"Animals have instincts. This Millennium Dragon may be able to tell us something." I tell the others.

"Yeah, let's find this Lost Island!" Luffy says.

"But how..." Usopp begins to ask.

"Well, it'll work out somehow," Zoro comments from his seat by Sanji, who lights his cigarette.

"Zoro...~" He groans at our First Mate.

"But what should we do with him? Just taking him down the mountain alone will attract attention." Sanji points out, and Nami smirks in response.

"First, we'll need a cart. One big enough for Grandpa Ryu to ride on." Nami says, and Usopp lets out another groan slapping a hand to his forehead as he looks up.

"Let's do it!" Apis exclaims happily, jumping over to me; I pick her up into my arms as she circles her arms around my neck.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

Once outside the cave on the side with the number of trees, I set Apis down on the ground by Usopp and Nami. "Sanji, Luffy, Dakota and Zoro, you four will cut down as many trees as possible," Nami instructs us, and we nod before walking off in different directions.

"Akuma-Akuma no Human-Demon Form: Weapon of Alastor: Axe," I say, and in my right hand, a long staff with a dark grey axe head morphs; I place my left hand below my right and swing violently, "100 Executions!" I shout as a giant air force sweeps through the forest, cutting into the trees before me; they all fall to the ground; I bring my pile of wood with the others, and I lie on top of the collection between Luffy and Zoro's.

"This enough?" Luffy asks as if it wasn't obvious.

"Okay!" Nami agrees with a gesture though Usopp and Apis look in shock.

"Guess I've got no choice but to help now. You conniving girl." Usopp complains, looking over at Nami with a sour look.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

We finally get the cart almost finished though Luffy keeps wasting time, with Usopp doing most of the work, and he puts on the last wheel. "That should do it," Usopp announces, wiping away some sweat from his forehead, Apis and Luffy climb up on the chart and just around.

"This should be perfect for Grandpa Ryu to ride on!" Apis cheers, seeming happier than ever.

"For sure!" Luffy agrees with a laugh.

"But the Marines are still anchored in the harbour. What about our ship?" Sanji asks a good question.

"Something will happen," Luffy replies.

"No, it won't," Sanji points out.

"We can fight them," Zoro suggests.

"That suits me just fine." Sanji agrees with him for once.

"No, we can't. It'll put Grandpa Ryu in danger. Let Dakota think about how to transport him." Nami says, and they all look over at me as I stand at the front of the cart.

"But, of course, the Going Merry is still anchored in the harbour..." I ponder and go quiet as I think of our escape from the Marines and off this island.

"Yosh! That's the precious ship we got from Kaya. I'll go get it." Usopp declares, seeming almost brave.

"That's so cool!" Apis exclaims.

"However... " Usopp cuts in his fake bravery, exposing the coward behind it. "Zoro comes too."

"Why me?" Zoro asks him, confused, but he is more the muscles of the crew.

"Then. I'll leave it to you." Nami agrees with the ni protest.

"Now that, that's settled... how about we wait until nightfall?" Usopp suggests, and I look over the side of the cliff, and an idea strikes me.

"No!" Luffy protests, and I clear my throat, gaining everyone's attention.

"Bring the ship around to that cape that looks like Usopp's nose," I tell them, pointing to it, and everyone walks over, joining me; Luffy laughs as he crouches down, getting a better look.

"Hey, you're right! It's Usopp's nose!" Luffy agrees with a grin.

"But what will you do? If we only bring the ship..." Usopp points out.

"Don't worry." I tell him, "I don't think they'll be able to find us here right away. Just be sure to hurry."

"Ohh, so now we have to hurry..." Usopp begins complaining.

"Sanji-kun and Luffy, get Grandpa Ryu on the cart," Nami orders the boys.

"Okay!"

"Right away, Nami-san!" Sanji and Luffy reply, and they walk into the cave, and Usopp and Zoro walk off; I jog over, stopping Zoro by placing my hand on his shoulder, and he turns around.

"Be careful; the Marines will be searching the whole island for us." I want him, and he nods. "Good luck." He walks off with Usopp back down the mountain, and I walk over to the cave.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

Inside the cave, I see Luffy and Sanji trying to move Grandpa Ryu but keep failing, I giggle at their attempts, and they stop, looking over as I stand there. "Telekinesis," I mutter, and my eyes turn entirely white as I hold out my hand towards Grandpa Ryu; he gently lifts off the ground and hovers in the air, and I slowly move him and myself towards the exit.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

Outside I gently place Grandpa Ryu onto the cart, Apis looks in shock, and Nami keeps an eye out for the ship, "There they are!" She announces when a seagull perches on Grandpa Ryu's head, cawing at Apis, who turns around in shock at whatever it's telling her.

"Oh, no! The Marines are coming up the mountain!" Apis panics, clutching her head, and I pull her into my arms, trying to calm her down; I move over to the side to see the Marines approaching.

"Ahh... there're earlier than we expected," Nami complains, growing worried.

"But what are we going to do?" Apis asks her urgently.

"Relax, alright. We still have these three." Nami soothes her.

"When the Going Merry gets in front of the Usopp-nose cape, we'll move out!" I tell her, and the Marines come right into view, and this is when Grandpa Ryu decides to move his head and exhale from his nose, freaking out the Marines. I hear the Marines' footsteps come closer, trying to be sneaky as they hide and ready their rifles, but I hear the click, and so does Apis as she jumps in front of Grandpa Ryu.

"No! Leave Grandpa Ryu alone!" Apis shouts as she tries shielding him.

"Apis!" Nami and I also shout out to her as a warning when Grandpa Ryu moves his wing to shield her.

"Grandpa Ryu!" She exclaims, and he raises his head high, frightening the Marines, and I pull Apis behind me as I look down, seeing someone I recognise from m past behind the Marines' superior.

"Fire!" The Marine superior orders, and they ready all their guns with no hesitation.

"NO!" Apis screams as she jumps out of my arms to shield Grandpa Ryu, but I pull her back behind Grandpa Ryu's wings and shield her with my body as they open fire, and Luffy jumps in front, taking the bullets.

"NO GOOD!" Luffy shouts as he expels all the bullets; they fling everywhere, frightening the Marine soldiers.

"How did he..."

"He just... the bullets..." The Marine soldiers freak out.

"So you have an ability of the Devil's Fruit." Erik states.

"You got it. I'm a rubber man." Luffy replies with no hesitation.

"Rubber, man?"

"D-Devil's Fruit?"

"What's he talking about?" The Marines question in fear.

"Swo -." The Captain begins, but Erik cuts him off.

"Use your swords! Gun's won't affect rubber!" With that said, the Marines unsheath their swords and run towards Luffy.

"Sanji-kun!" Nami shouts out and moves towards Apis and me; she takes my place as I stand.

"Yes, Nami-san!" Sanji yells as he runs over to the approaching Marines and kicks them down.

"Gum-Gum Gatling!" Luffy yells as he punches the other Marines, knocking them to the ground.

"Akuma-Akuma no Human-Demon Form: Instruments of Death!"I shout, and two gloves form on my hands, gold with long claws at the end; I rush towards the remaining Marines and cut them down but not enough to kill them instantly, they go down too smoothly, and I stand next to Luffy as a Marine soldier looks up at us in fear and lets out a shriek.

"So much for the Marines. If you want something done right..." Erik mumbles under his breath as he walks towards us slowly when a Marine soldier stumbles to their feet and walks towards Erik, who uses his Devil's Fruit ability to slice the Marine.

"What's that?" Luffy questions as we watch.

"A knife?" Sanji wonders, and I shake my head.

"Not quite," I answer as Erik stops, still far from us.

"My name is Erik the Whirlwind. A mercenary under the employ of Nelson Royale. I have no interest in you lowlife pirates. My only concern is that Millennium Dragon behind you. If you oppose me, you will taste the power of the Kama-Kama Fruit from Erik the Whirlwind Scythe." Erik introduces himself to the others; I already know him all too well.

"What's he mean by 'Kama-Kama'?" Sanji wonders.

"You see, I too have the abilities of a Devil's Fruit." Erik continues talking.

"Okama?" Luffy mishears.

"Now what?" Sanji asks.

"Nami!" Luffy calls out to her as he turns towards her. "Aren't you ready yet?"

"Almost!" Nami replies.

"Being able to see the ocean from so far away, Nami-san is so wonderful~!" Sanji swoons at her.

"Well, just hurry up," Luffy complains.

"Oi! You riffraff! Are you listening to me!?" Erik yells in anger.

"It's Erik the Okama, right? I heard you." Luffy replies, which anger Erik more.

"NOO! Not the 'Kama' in 'Okama'! The 'Kama Kama' as in 'Whirlwind Scythe!" Erik shouts.

"Well, I don't care either way. Just kidding!" Luffy laughs, antagonising Erik.

"You will regret angering me. Kama-Kama no..." Erik begins and blows into his middle and forefinger, "Whirlwind!" He slashes both his arms in front of him, and slashes of air fly towards us, cutting into us and the ground behind us, but it loses its force as the wind travels towards the others.

"What the -?!" Luffy clutches at his offending arm.

"I got it. He means 'Whirlwind Scythe'." Sanji replies, holding his bloody forearm.

"The wind I create is as sharp as a blade. Tearing a person limb from limb is child's play. Wouldn't you agree, Le Roux?" Erik asks in a taunting tone.

"Are they there yet?" Apis asks, and I hear the fear in her voice.

"No, not yet." Nami answers, and I narrow my eyes at Erik.

"Now, step aside." He orders, but I stand my ground. "Hand over the Millennium Dragon."

"Like hell!" I snap at him feeling my blood dripping down onto the ground from my thigh.

"My Kama-Kama no Whirlwind... want another?" Erik teases us as he lifts his hand.

"Can we go now, Nami-san?" Apis asks her.

"Yes! They're set! We're leaving! Sanji-kun, Luffy, Dakota!" Nami shouts down at us.

"Yes, Nami-swan~!" Sanji shouts back, and we run back up the side to the cart. "We'll be right there!" Luffy and I jump onto the cart as Sanji goes to the back, ready to push off. "Nami-san, my catapult of love~!" He kicks into the side of the mountain, the force kicks us off to the bottom, and we roll down towards Erik.

"You won't escape!" He shouts.

"Gum-Gum Pistol!" Luffy shouts as he strings his arms out behind him.

"Kama-Kama no Whirlwind!" Erik shouts as he slashes his arms out in front of him, which deflects Luffy's arms enough for Erik to jump out of the way of the cart as we continue to speed down the side of the mountain.

"There's a boulder in the way!" Apis shouts in worry as it approaches.

"Luffy!" Nami shouts up to him as he sits on Grandpa Ryu.

"Gum-Gum Gatling!" He shouts as he punches the boulder, breaking it up in time. As we barrel through, large debris comes crashing down, and I swat it away from Apis and me as I cover her with my body, and Grandpa Ryu helps.

"This is nuts!" Apis shouts, and Luffy and I laugh.

"That's just the way it goes!" Luffy laughs, but his head gets caught on a branch; his neck stretches out, and his body is about to go with it, but Grandpa Ryu grabs him.

"MORON!" I shout as Grandpa Ryu pulls him back, and his head dislodges from the branch. He flies back onto Grandpa Ryu, a little dizzy.

"Thanks for that..." Luffy mumbles, and we continue to roll down the side of the mountain, and Apis starts giggling and laughing.

"Yahoo!" She cheers as we jump into the air slightly as we roll down the side of the mountain; I join in as we jolt around and get to the cape over the Marines' ship.

"GO!" Luffy cheers as we soar towards the ship's mast and hit it right into it; the force knocks it over hard. We fly around into the water with a few jolts before settling in.

"So! Result, right!" Apis yells with a thumbs up.

"She's right!" Luffy laughs from a top Ryuuji.

"PURSUE! Pursue that ship!" I hear one of the Marines shout from the wreck of a ship, and Zoro and Usopp move the vessel towards us; Usopp throws a couple of ropes towards us, and I catch one pulling on it as Usopp comes down and Luffy, Sanji, and Nami go up, and Usopp ties them around the logs.

"That should do it!" Usopp calls up.

"That was fun," Luffy comments.

"So much fun!" Apis agrees.

"Apis, you all right?" Nami asks her from the ship, and Apis hums in agreement, nodding her head. "All set, Luffy! We can leave any time."

"Yosh! To Lost Island! Forward!" Luffy exclaims.

"And which way's that?" Usopp asks him.

"Over there?" Luffy wonders, pointing over in different directions. "Maybe over there?"

"Are we really going to be okay?" Usopp asks me as he looks over at me.

"Guess we just have to pick a direction and try it," I reply.

"It's not on any map." Nami agrees.

"The keen Nami-san is so wonderful~!" Sanji swoons.

"Why me..." Usopp mumbles and I grab Apis into my arms and jump onto the ropes and balance running up the rope to the ship; I jump onto the railing by Zoro, frightening him as I place Apis on the deck as we set sail.

"We're headed to... Lost Island!" Luffy cheers as we sail off.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

It's been an hour or so since we set sail; I sit on the rear railing looking over Grandpa Ryu and Luffy. "Lost Island, huh? Judging from the maps... there doesn't seem to be any other islands within the vicinity of Warship Island." Nami points out from her seat.

"Oi, Granpa Dragon! Where are we supposed to go?" Usopp asks Grandpa Ryu, and Luffy bends over to look into Grandpa Ryu's eyes, which look almost dead with no emotion inside them.

"Hey." He greets him, but Grandpa Ryu closes his eyes, turning his head slightly from him. "Looks like he's dozed off again." I look back at the others with a sigh.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, guys! Lunch is ready!" Apis yells out as she walks up the stairs.

"More of her cooking?" Zoro mutters in fear of her food.

"I wasn't 'waiting' for this..." Usopp also mutters, and I smack them on the side of the head; they yell out in pain, looking back at me as I turn away, trying to look innocent in my new clothes, easier to fight with my ripped black jeans and striped black and white slightly loose jumper. I pull my hair into a ponytail using a piece of cloth as Apis walks over to the railing with a pot of food, I guess, for Grandpa Ryu. Still, Usopp seems to get the wrong idea causing Apis to stomp on his foot, and I take the boiling pot from her as she sets it on the railing with some difficulty.

"Grandpa Ryu! Eat up!" Apis calls down to him.

"Ah, food!" Luffy exclaims as he stretches his arms out to the pot and completely misses that Apis is wearing oven gloves and takes it before noticing halfway. "HOT!" He cries out, dropping the bowl and spilling the contents.

"ARGH! YOU DUMBASS!" Sanji yells at Luffy as he's broken one of his rules on this ship. The pot lands on Grandpa Ryu's head, the heat wakes from his nap, and his eyes almost pop out of their sockets; Apis jumps onto the railing.

"Grandpa Ryu!" She calls out to him before gripping the ropes and sliding down towards the cart without a second thought. "Grandpa Ryu!" She panics, runs over to the Millennium Dragon, and clears the food off his head while he seems to be spacing out, his eyes almost alive. "Grandpa Ryu. Are you alright?" She asks him when his eyes seem to dim as he looks over at her.

"Good grief, you wasted the food I made, especially for him," Sanji complains.

"You can just make more, right?" Usopp asks him as if it were obvious.

"What have I told you about wasting food?" Sanji questions him, getting annoyed with the long nose.

"What's up?" Luffy asks Apis as he picks up the boiling pot with his sandals covering his hands.

"Lost Island... the Dragon's Nest... is east of Warship Island." Apis answers, seeming a little shocked, but Luffy grins at her happily.

"So that's where Lost Island is!?" Luffy exclaims as he leans over to her happily.

"Grandpa Ryu remembered!" Apis joins in exclaiming, and they both have massive grins as they cheer.

"We've got it!" Luffy yells up at us, gaining the other's attention. "Lost Island is east of Warship Island!"

"Grandpa Ryu just said so!" She yells up also.

"Just like that!" He cheers.

"Usopp, come help me!" Nami orders him.

"Sure!" Usopp agrees, and they run off together, running down the steps.

"Yosh set course for Lost Island. FULL SAIL!" Luffy shouts, ordering us with a big ass grin on his face.

"Moron, you better eat all of this," Sanji warns him with a hint of a threat.

"Sure! Don't worry!" He assures him, but I doubt that Luffy won't eat everything is just stupid; I get up from the railing and walk down the stairs to the kitchen.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

Inside with everyone, we start eating lunch; I dig in and slap Luffy's hand away from my food as I sit with Apis on my right and Zoro on my left. "Luffy, knock it off," I scold him as I slap his hand away again.

Full stomachs and everyone delighted with Sanji's cooking like always; it's mine, Zoro and Sanji's turn to do the dishes. As of now, Luffy is banned from doing anything besides eating in the kitchen after breaking some plates last time. Sanji does the washing while Zoro dries them, and I put them away. "Here, Zoro." Sanji keeps saying as he hands over the wet plate, and Zoro wipes them before stacking them on the side for me to put away.

"You don't have to keep saying that, you know..." Zoro tells him, and I take the plates from the side and put them in the top cabinet, and I sigh as we finish; I look out the window to see Apis standing at the rear railing looking over Grandpa Ryu.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

I walk outside to the rear railing with Apis and sit watching over Grandpa Ryu with Apis; I take her onto my lap as we watch over the Millennium Dragon. "Hey, Grandpa Ryu! Not long now! Soon we'll be at Lost Island! It's there, right? The Dragon's Nest! If you go to the Dragon's Nest, you'll get better, right?..., huh?... That's silly; saying thanks already! We're not even there yet!" Apis says, and something Grandpa Ryu says to her seems to put her in a bad mood. "Oh, come on! I do not think you're a bother! What's with you?! Hey, Grandpa Ryu! Are you listening!? It's not fair for you to keep quiet! Say something!" Apis starts shouting, thrashing around in my arms, so I don't drop her into the ocean or myself when I hear Nami and Usopp let out a shriek of fear; I turn around to see a mirage of our ship, and we sail right through. I put Apis down on the deck, and we walk over with Sanji and Zoro as we look through the thick fog surrounding us when it fades out, and storm clouds roll in with rain pouring down.

"What is WRONG with this ocean!?" Nami shouts, and I look up at her with a knowing smirk.

"You haven't seen anything yet," I mutter under my breath, and I feel the ship tilt violently and hold onto Apis to keep her steady, but Zoro and Sanji get knocked off of their feet and come crashing into us, Apis and I get sandwiched between them.

"Bastard, watch what you're doing!" Zoro cusses Sanji.

"I don't exactly like it either, shithead!" Sanji cusses right back.

"Sanji-kun! Zoro! I'll take in the sails! Unfasten the ropes!" Nami orders from the crow's nest.

"Yes, Nami-san~!" Sanji replies all too happily.

"You have to get below deck!" I tell Apis as I hold onto her arm, keeping her steady.

"No way! I have to be with Grandpa Ryu!" Apis argues, pulls herself from my grip, and tries to run, but the ship gets knocked side to side with the storm raging around us.

"Idiot! Just being with him won't help at all!" Zoro scolds her.

"Grandpa Ryu is just sitting there, helpless! I have to get to him!" Apis yells over the crashing waves and slips on the soaked deck onto the opposite railing.

"Would you just listen to us!?" I scold her and take her into my arms before placing her under my arm, taking some rope from the side and tying it around her waist and walk over to the rear railing where Apis spends most of her time looking over Grandpa Ryu and tying it around the bar before I walk away back to the helm steering us through the storm.

Inside the cabin, with the door open, I hear everything, but I try to focus on keeping the ship upright as we sail through the storm when I catch Apis crying out. I look outside the window at Zoro and Apis as they hold onto the ropes keeping Grandpa Ryu's cart to the ship.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

I race outside to the rear of the ship to Apis and Zoro; I grab ahold of the ropes behind Zoro as we struggle a little with it from the rocky waves coming from the storm. "Didn't we promise to find the Dragon's Nest together?!" Apis shouts to Grandpa Ryu over the strong winds when Luffy jumps up behind us onto the mast and wraps his body around it before stretching his arm out.

"Gum-Gum Lasso!" Luffy shouts as he ties his arm around one of the cart's front wheels and pulls as the three of us do the same.

"Luffy!" Apis whispers, watching my Brother struggle a little.

"I'm fine! Leave it to me! I promised to take you to the Dragon's Nest, didn't I?!" Luffy replies with confidence.

"Right!" Apis exclaims, and we sail through the storm to the centre where a column of light with the island, dead centre.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

Inside the eye of the storm, it's very calm, and the island looks like no one has lived there for centuries. "So that storm surrounds the whole island, huh? Almost like it's to prevent people from entering. Until now, no one has ever been able to find this place. Must have been because of that storm." I remark as we slowly sail towards the island.

"Ya know what? Instead of an island, it looks like a castle sitting on the sea." Luffy comments, and I have to agree as we anchor off the island's coast and climb down to Grandpa Ryu's cart and paddle to the island.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

I look up at the island as we walk on; the sky around the island is clear. Still, the surrounding atmosphere is all dark rainstorm clouds; I look around at the structure seeing the island sinking back into the ocean as the stone step are half underwater, along with statues of dragons and other things. "Hey, look at that!" Usopp calls out as he points into the water at one of the icons poking out. "Doesn't that look like the shape of a dragon? This must really be the island of the Millennium Dragons."

"Those dragons were pretty slick!" Luffy remarks.

"Idiot! Obviously, humans built these buildings." Sanji corrects him.

"Well, whoever built it." Zoro cuts in.

"We're here! Lost Island!" Luffy cheers.

"In any case, I wonder how long it's been since anyone lived here. Looks like the jungle took over long ago." Sanji comments, and I have to agree with him on that.

"Oh yeah, where do you suppose the Dragon's Nest is?" Nami wonders.

"Hey! Grandpa Ryu! Come on, Grandpa Ryu! Really! We're at the island where the Dragon's Nest is? C'mon get up! Hey!" Apis goads Grandpa Ryu from his nap as he opens his eyes slowly before closing them again.

"What'd he say?" I ask her as Luffy walks up next to me.

"He doesn't know. Maybe this isn't Lost Island." She answers, and I have a hunch she's right, but I can't put my finger on it just yet.

"What?" Zoro questions with slight disappointment.

"You gotta be kidding!" Sanji sputters out in disbelief.

"We had to go through that huge storm to get here!" Usopp complains, and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Apis!" Luffy calls out, and I look over at him as he stands facing away from the rest of us and pointing up at the summit. "Take a look at the summit! If we climb up there, we'll be able to see the whole island!"

"He's right. We won't gain anything by sitting here thinking. Wanna take a look?" Nami asks her.

"Yeah!" Apis agrees.

"Yosh! Set off!" Luffy chimes in, and Nami sends me a wink and turns around to face the boys, but Luffy and Sanji get a lovesick look in his eyes.

"Would you boys mind pushing the cart?" Nami asks them using the sultry voice I helped perfect, and well, it only works on the lovesick fool, and she snaps. "Just do it!" She snaps at the other three, and they move to push and pull the cart.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

We walk up the side of the mountain while I carry Apis on my back with Nami next to us and the boys pushing and pulling the cart, Zoro and Luffy pulling, and Sanji and Usopp pushing, and some of them aren't doing it quietly. "That conniving, making the men do all the work. Why doesn't she help push a little?!" Usopp complains rather loudly.

"You over there, stop chattering and push!" Nami calls back at him.

"Quit enjoying this so much, dammit!" He shouts over at her.

"I shall stop chattering and push~!" Sanji declares. "Ah, the lively Nami-san is so wonderful!"

"Would you shut up!?" The Sniper snaps at him as we walk up some steep stairs, and at the top is what appears to be the remains of a town.

"A town?" I wonder aloud as we all look in awe at the sight of the old, crumbling buildings.

"Wow." Luffy agrees as we continue through the street. "Everything's run down. Looks like people really did live here."

"But you can only tell 'cause of the houses," Zoro comments, and he's not wrong.

"But why is there no one here now?" Usopp asks an interesting question.

"Who knows, maybe they found someplace easier to live," Sanji suggests, and Apis taps me on my shoulder; I look back at her as she points to something in the grass; I stop and walk to the side of the path. Stepping into the grass, I bend down to see a spinning top with a dragon painted on it and pass it to Apis as she studies it.

"It's a Millennium Dragon toy. Maybe the Millennium Dragons and the kids on the islands used to play together." Apis wonders when a flock of birds circle overhead; we look up at them. "Hey, are you, friends, with the Millennium Dragons too?"

"Hey, Apis, Dakota? You're gonna get left behind." Nami calls out as one of the birds perches on Apis' shoulder, and I jog over to Nami.

"Y'know what? This bird just told me. There is a building with a dragon mark on it at the top of the mountain!" She announces.

"You serious?!" Usopp exclaims though very tired from all of the pushing.

"Let's hurry; it might be the Dragon's Nest!" The girl exclaims, and I run up ahead to the back of the cart, leaving Nami behind.

"Nami! Hurry up!" Luffy calls back to her, and she runs after us to catch up.

"Wait up!" Apis yells as she runs, stopping next to Apis and me as we walk up the rest of the mountain.

Finally, up the top of the mountain, I bend my knees to let Apis jump off of my back as we stand out the doors of a building of some sort with a dragon painted on, almost fading away.

"Heave ho!" Luffy yells, and the guys push and pull the cart over the last step.

"We finally made it. I can't go anymore." Usopp whines as he falls on his ass from exhaustion.

"Thanks for showing us the way!" Apis yells after the bird as it flies away.

"Hey, we sure came a long way," Sanji comments as he looks out at the view, and it is beautiful.

"Thanks for your help, guys," She says to the boys as they walk over to us.

"Yeah, good work!" Nami agrees.

"Agreed, good work!" I add as we all turn around to face the door.

"This picture is... a Millennium Dragon, huh?" She wonders as we stare at the door.

"Yeah, looks like it." Luffy comments.

"Is this building the Dragon's Nest?" Sanji inquires, and I shake my head.

"This place?" Usopp asks, poking his head out.

"Hey hold up, where's the door? How are we supposed to get inside?" Zoro wonders, and I have to agree.

"The door's right here!" Luffy points at the wall in front of us.

"Oh you nitwit, we don't have a key. How are we gonna open it!?" Nami whines at Luffy, and Apis walks over to the wall door.

"Oi!" Usopp calls out as he walks over.

"Apis... that pendant... could it be?" I wonder as I look at it.

"Is it the key to open the Dragon's Nest?" Sanji wonders also, and Apis tries to reach for the hole in the wall shaped like the pendant, but she's slightly too small and turns to face us with unshed tears.

"I can't reach!" Apis sniffles and Luffy walks over before I can.

"You sure are small, Apis," Luffy comments as he bends over and talks to her.

"What was that?!" She snaps at him, and he takes the claw pendant.

"Hey, leave it to me!" He tells her, and before he can put it in, the stones from under our feet collapse in, I pull Apis into my arms as we fall through the ground.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

We fall through some tree roots deep into the ground, and soon I land on my back with Apis safe in my arms while the others, like myself, lie around in the dirt; I gradually lift myself and look up at the ceiling and hole we fell through. "We're... alive, right?" Usopp wonders.

"Yeah, seems so. By the way, whose idea was it to use a key up there?" Sanji asks, and Apis laughs nervously when Luffy returns her claw pendant.

"Here, ya go," Luffy says and places it in her waiting palm, and he gives her a goofy smile; I get to my feet and set her on hers.

"Well doesn't matter, we're inside now," I remark as I dust off my trousers.

"Result right!" Apis jokes as she gives us a smile and a thumbs up.

"But... what is this place?" Zoro asks, and I have to agree.

"And... what do you think that is?" Luffy asks, and we all look at the images on the ceiling fading and cracking away.

"What... is it?" Apis asks as we all stare up in a trance.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 246 46
💖A Valentine's Day Special 💖 For: SanjixNami Fans From: MQ😘 Summary: Nami-swan is the youngest daughter of a rich family in Cocoyashi City, locat...
1.3K 31 15
After escaping the guards, Y/N ran to the woods where she meet two boys soon after known as Ace and Sabo, she became close with them but keeping some...
45.4K 1K 34
[ON GOING!!] When the world's greatest swordsman's daughter falls in love with the Legendary Roronoa Zoro. ------- Photos aren't mine. I do not own a...
39.4K 952 12
Y/N D. L/N A Man, A Powerful Man, A Immortal Man. That lived through The Void Century, witnessing the destruction of the Great Kingdom. He is waiting...