Better Than You | ✔️

By brynnbunker

**FAIR WARNING: YOU WILL HAVE TO BE PATIENT WITH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, BUT IT IS THERE, AND WORTH THE READ... More

Playlist
1 | The High-Functioning Sociopath
2| A Porkchop Drowned in Cheetos
3| Much Needed Liquid Encouragement
4| Payback is a Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake
5| Nitric Acid and Rubbing Alcohol Just Don't Mix
6| You're a Sadist, Logan Pierce
7| We All Wish we Could be Barbie Swan Lake
8| An Ice Pack For my $5 Foot Long
9| Logan Pierce and Everything Fierce!
10| You Punched Him in The WHERE?
11| A Temporary Alliance With The Devil
12| If You Break This Balloon, I Swear...
13| The Untouchable Logan Pierce
14| A Strawberry Cheesecake Shake For The Button
15| Spill The Tea, Miss Pierce
16| One Last Try
17| Platonic Frenemies?
18| Noah Locke, Devil Reincarnate
19| Another 2 Teenage Lovebirds
20| Is That Jonah?
21| Hannah Montana is The Cure For Everything
22| Things Just Fall Into Place
23| What's Up, Miss Sunshine?
24| Noah Has a Crush!
25| The Truth Will Be Revealed
26| A Two For One!
27| You've Gotta B Aggressive!
28| Hypothetically...
29| Our Little Secret
30| Shut up And Focus on Your Homework
31| Studying at a Fancy Restaurant With No Books in Sight
32| You Just Can't Top Cayden
33| I Hate You
34| Did Somebody Say... PORKCHOPS?
35| A Completely Useless Fling
36| Pizza or Calzone?
37| Love Is A Strong Word
38| What's so Special About Edward in Twilight?
39| Don't Run Away From The Truth
40| This is Noah, My Boyfriend
41| Why Would a Rubber Ducky be Considered Sexual?
42| Thanks, Locke
43| There's Somewhere Else We'd Rather Be!
44| Genevieve, The Bitch
45| The Big Ol' L-Word
46| You Did Not Just Call a Planner a Lovely Lady
47| The Stanford Scholarship
48| She is Beauty, She is Grace. She is Noah's Fantastic Cake.
49| Operation Get Caremy Back Together
50| Pleased With my Geniosity!
51| They Were Your Balls, Pierce
52| I Just Slapped You With a Closed Fist!
53| The One Direction Song Irresistible
54| How Many Times Can Logan Say The Word 'Goddamn' in One Run-on Sentence?
55| You Literally Win Everything, Pierce!
56| You Can Paint my Face Like The Mona Lisa?
57| I Just Had my First Kiss And it Was Gay
58| Who Ever Said a Porkchop Couldn't Dance?
59| You Complete Me, Pierce
60| Project Make Logan do Whatever we Want Even if She's Miserable
61| Don't Scold Me, Mr. Locke.
62| You're My Jeep Boy
63| I'm 50 Shades of Fucked-Up
64| Rosé Means You're a Part of the Family
65| I'm Better Than You, Logan Pierce
Epilogue Part One
Epilogue Part Three
1 Year Anniversary - Thank you🤍
CHAPTER 59 EXTENDED: Prom Night

Epilogue Part Two

41.6K 1.1K 2.1K
By brynnbunker

Epilogue Part 2| Scented Candles are Sacred in Relationships

EVERYONE deserves someone like Porkchop to plan their wedding.

He was the ultimate wedding planner, which I half-expected from him, but was still impressed by. He'd never planned a wedding before, but by the looks of Cayden and Jeremy's, it seemed like he'd been planning weddings his entire life. He didn't seem like an amateur even in the least bit.

Walking up to the venue was stunning. With approval from Cayden and Jeremy, Porkchop had booked them the Dekalb Courthouse in Decatur. It was historic yet gorgeous on the outside of the courthouse. The creme-colored stairs lead up to the double oak doors and when I walked inside, it was even more gorgeous. There were high ceilings and rose gold custom windows that lined the left and right walls. There were gold chairs with white cushions lined up neatly along both sides, leaving room obviously for Jeremy to walk the aisle. Podiums sat on the end of each row of chairs with golden vases and white flowers. The archway at the end of the aisle where Cayden and Jeremy would be tying the knot was draped with green vines on one side and candles decorated the remainder of the arch.

Friends and family were already getting seated, waiting for the ceremony to begin. I walked over towards the front entrance where there was a cart with cups and a water dispenser. I filled up a cup while my eyes continued to look around the courthouse.

"Pretty dope, isn't it?"

I jumped and spilled a little bit of water on my suit, then turned to face the culprit. None other than Troy. I glared at him.

"Whoops," Troy said, shrugging. "Hey, man! I've really been working on walking louder! I didn't mean to pop out of nowhere!"

"Well you did," I said, rolling my eyes. "But yeah, PC did an amazing job."

"He's really good at this wedding stuff. I think he could have a career in this field," Troy said. "I'll definitely be asking him to plan my wedding."

I laughed nervously. "Yeah, I'd ask him to plan mine, too."

Troy arched his eyebrows at me. "You seem off today."

"What? No. I don't seem anything," I said, lightly scratching the back of my neck.

"You're definitely acting weird. What are you hiding, Noah Locke?" Troy asked.

"Noah's hiding something?" Tanner asked, walking up and filling his own glass of water. I groaned right as Porkchop walked over, too.

"Secrets?" He asked.

Great, more people to act weird around.

I sighed. "If I tell you all, you have to keep it a secret."

"What is it?" Porkchop asked and then immediately gasped. "Wait! Don't tell me... you're pregnant?!"

"Pork-"

"Oh my goodness!" Porkchop exclaimed, waving his hands around in distraught. "Whatever happened to using protection?! How could you possibly let yourself become impregnated?!"

"First of all, I couldn't let myself become impregnated. You wanna know why, Porkchop?" I asked.

"Why?" He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Because... I am not a woman!" I exclaimed.

Porkchop raised his eyebrows. "You're telling me... that only women can be impregnated?"

Tanner, Troy, and I all nodded simultaneously.

"Well goodness! My entire life has been a lie!" Porkchop exclaimed, shaking his head. He bit his bottom lip and looked towards the ground solemnly.

Troy patted his shoulder. "Sorry, PC."

"WAIT A MINUTE!" Porkchop yelled, looking back up at me with wide eyes. "THAT MUST MEAN THAT LOGAN IS-"

My hand darted up to cover his mouth before he could scream anymore. "Do not scream that because it's not true and I don't want to get any weird looks," I said before releasing my hand from his mouth. "Will you shut up so I can tell you what's going on?"

Porkchop nodded. "Fine."

I sighed again. "Something might be happening tonight after the reception and... it may or may not include something pretty drastic."

"How drastic are we talking?" Tanner asked.

"Like... life changingly drastic," I admitted, running a hand through my hair. "Let's just say... I might be asking Logan a really important really big really life-altering question tonight that could possibly change the entire basis of our relationship as a whole?"

"Dude..." Troy drawled.

"YOU'RE GONNA ASK HER TO GO TO BATH AND BODY WORKS WITH YOU?!" Porkchop exclaimed.

We all turned and looked at him incredibly confused. His eyes were wide as if that was the craziest thing ever. Porkchop just shrugged.

"What?" He asked. "There's nothing more really important really big or life-altering than asking your significant other to go to Bath and Body Works with you. Scented candles are sacred in relationships!"

"No, I'm not going to ask her to go to Bath and Body Works with me. I've actually been there plenty of times with her before," I said and Porkchop's eyes widened once again.

"You've already made it to that step?" He asked bewildered. "Wow. You really are that guy."

I rolled my eyes and reached my hand into my jacket pocket, pulling out a small velvet box. Immediately, Tanner grabbed the box and opened it up, showing Troy and Porkchop in the process. "Wow. PC's right. You really are that guy."

I took the ring box back and put it into my jacket pocket. "Is it too much?"

"I think Logan will love it," Porkchop said and then slapped my arm. "But why didn't you tell me earlier what you were planning on doing?! You know I'm a sucker for romantic planning!"

"I would've told you, Porkchop, it's just that I want to do it my own way," I admitted. "I want to do it just how I've pictured doing it for over a year now."

"You're so sappy," Troy said. "I'm only saying that to mask the fact that I, too, am sappy. Because another one of my bros is getting engaged."

I shushed him. "Quieter. And also, I don't know if she's gonna say yes. She always told me she didn't want anything like this to happen until after college."

"Just because you propose doesn't mean that you have to get married soon," Porkchop said.

"I know. I know, I'm just nervous," I said. "Am I making the right decision?"

"We all know how much you love Logan and how perfect you two are for each other," Tanner said. "Don't overthink it, man. If you didn't think you were making the right decision, you wouldn't have bought the ring in the first place."

"You're right," I said and took a deep breath.

"Speaking of Logan," Troy said, nodding behind me.

I spun around and saw Logan walk into the courthouse. She was wearing a long, flowy creme-colored dress with a plunging neckline. It was the dress all of Jeremy's bridesmaids would be wearing and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She looked stunning. Her hair was down and curled with some parts pulled back into braids. Logan was by far the most beautiful girl I'd ever laid my eyes on.

She captivated me in every way.

Logan caught eye of me and smiled, she even blushed a bit. I could never get over when she blushed. I smirked at her and she rolled her eyes. Even after years of being together, she hated when she blushed. I just found it amusing and cute at the same time.

"You're so in love man," Tanner commented.

"He's whipped," Troy added.

I shot them a glare. "Shut up," I warned. "And do not say anything about my plans, you hear me? Not to a single soul."

"Our lips are sealed," Troy said.

"I don't want my lips to be sealed, though! How will I be able to communicate?" Porkchop said.

Sometimes I wonder how he's been doing in college...

I silently excused myself, walking over towards where Logan stood. Her eyes, like mine, were wandering around the venue, taking in all of Porkchop's decorations. I stood in front of her, holding out my hand. Her eyes stopped to lock with mine.

"Logan Pierce," I greeted.

"Noah Locke," she said, letting me take her hand. I lifted her hand up to my lips, placing a gentle kiss on her knuckles before intertwining our fingers together. "Quite the charmer, aren't you?"

"I pull out all the stops for the ladies," I said. "Or... one specific lady, should I say?"

"That's better," Logan said. "Shall we get ready to take our positions, kind sir?"

"I believe we shall, little lady," I said. "But I must ask... can I kiss you first?"

Logan rolled her eyes and stood up on her tiptoes. Her face inched closer to mine, our lips so close yet so far away. I could feel her breath on my mouth as she got closer and closer. Her lips barely brushed my own before she pulled away, smirking up at me.

"You'll have to wait until after the ceremony, Mr. Locke. You're far too eager," Logan said, winking before walking past me and towards the water station.

"You bitch," I muttered, shaking my head at her.

Logan shrugged. "You love me no matter what."

And I couldn't even argue with her.

✯ ✯ ✯

Standing just feet away from Cayden and Jeremy as they recited their vows to each other was nothing if not beautiful. I was fully aware of the tears running down my face in front of the entire room of our friends and Jeremy's family members. I couldn't even be embarrassed about the fact that I was crying in front of so many people. Practically everyone else was crying, too. I even caught Logan shedding a tear, although, she wiped it away fast before sending me a discreet glare. I don't think I'd ever love anyone more than that girl.

Vows were exchanged, then came the "I do's", and the knot was finally tied. Once the ceremony had ended, everyone made their way to the reception held in the same location. Porkchop's decorations were still as amazing as the wedding ceremony. The reception included a dance floor with Porkchop's favorite mix of music (a playlist called BOPS, which I had to admit was perfection), a potato bar for dinner as well as other options, a giant table filled with different types of desserts, a photo booth, and so much more. It was truthfully an amazing reception.

But as much as I had a great time, I couldn't completely find myself relaxing. I could let loose enough to dance with everyone or have conversations as we talked, but I couldn't let go of the fact that tonight was a big night for me, too. The reception had gone by fast and now more than ever I couldn't find it in me to fully relax.

Logan and I were driving back to the hotel where we would have the entire suite to ourselves for the night. The entire suite to ourselves for the night. Logan and I. The entire. Suite. Because I was going to ask her a big question tonight. A bigger question than I ever could think of asking. A really huge question. A really monumental question. I mean, it was a life-changing question.

I'm freaking myself out and I need to breathe normally.

"You okay?" Logan asked from the passenger seat, her hand landing on top of mine.

I just sent her a weak smile before focusing back on the road. "I'm perfect."

The ride was mostly silent except for the fact that Logan was singing along quietly to my One Direction playlist. Yeah. My One Direction playlist.

We finally reached the hotel, parking and making our way inside. I held Logan's hand tightly the entire time, hoping that doing so would mask the shakiness of my hands. I handed Logan the key to the suite so that she could unlock the door because I was sure that if I tried to open the door, I wouldn't even be able to fit the key into the hole. My hands would shake too much and I was just trying to play it cool so that she wouldn't suspect anything.

Tonight was going to be perfect. As perfect as I could make it. And that included the element of surprise.

We went inside the suite and as Logan headed to the bathroom, I set everything up.

Candles lit all along the balcony outside, a bottle of Rose I popped open, pouring both of us 2 glasses. There was a sofa on the balcony where I sat down and waited for her, nervously tapping my foot on the ground. In my jacket pocket was the little velvet box with Logan's ring.

"Hey." The sound of Logan's voice made my head turn to face her as she walked out onto the patio, immediately sitting beside me and resting her head on mine. "Rose and candles? You are one big cliche, aren't you?"

I laughed. "I guess I am. Is that okay?"

"It's okay," Logan said. "I don't mind the cliches every once in a while. Especially when I'm with you."

"Good," I said, smiling and leaning in to peck her on the lips.

As I pulled away, I grabbed for both of the glasses of wine and handed one to Logan. She took it and we held them up.

"I sense a cliche toast coming," she muttered.

I rolled my eyes. "And I sense you falling in love with me even more afterward."

"Fair game. Go ahead."

I took a deep breath. "I want to make a toast to you. To you and to us being here together. Words can't describe how much I've missed you. I hate not being able to see you every day, but I'm so glad we get to be together right now."

"I've missed you to death, too," Logan said.

"Well, that's a relief," I said and we laughed. I cleared my throat. "Anyway, I just wanted to make this an appreciation toast for you."

"Damn, that makes me feel special."

I chuckled. "I'm glad. Because you are special, Pierce. You're way more than that to me. I don't know what I did to deserve someone like you, but I'm so thankful that you're in my life. I'm so thankful that we hated each other. I'll never forget the day you slammed your fist into my dick for hitting you with a volleyball. I'll never forget that day because I thought you were the biggest bitch I'd ever met. Truth is, you are."

"Ouch," Logan laughed. "But true."

"But even though you can be a bitch, I'll never forget how I fell in love with you because of it. I fell in love with you because you were a bitch, but I'm also an asshole. But I think that when we're together... we're just meant for each other," I said. "I couldn't picture my life without Logan Pierce."

"I could say the same," Logan said, running her fingertips along my free hand.

"Which is why..." I started, then setting my glass down and getting on the ground on one knee. Logan's eyes were already widened as I reached my hand into my jacket pocket. I was fully aware of the intense shakiness of my hands as I held the little velvet box out.

"Logan Pierce... I have loved you since the day you lost at state 2 years ago. The day that you were so goddamn pissed that you got completely drunk and forced me to watch Twilight with you. I fell in love with you more and more every fucking day we spent together after that. And every day I spend with you now just reminds me of how much I love you and how much I know that feeling won't go away," I said. "Pierce... you're more than meets the eye. Girl, you're pterodactyl fly."

Logan's mouth dropped open. "You seriously said that."

"I seriously said that," I admitted. "With all that being said... Pierce, will you marry me?"

Logan was silent for a minute as I opened up the little velvet box, revealing the ring. It had taken me hours in countless amounts of jewelry shops to pick out the perfect ring. But thankfully, I had finally found the one that I knew was meant for none other than Logan Pierce: A 3-carat Stargaze ring in classic yellow gold. I knew it was perfect for Logan the moment I saw it.

"I-- I don't know what I'm supposed to say," Logan stuttered, shaking her head at me.

I rolled my eyes. "You're supposed to say 'Yes, Noah Locke I will marry you. You're the love of my life.'"

"Yes, Noah Locke. I will marry you. You're the love of my life," Logan repeated.

I raised my eyebrows. "I didn't think that would actually work."

"Well, it did. It worked. Yes, Locke, I'll marry you. Yes. One thousand times yes," Logan said and I grinned as I grabbed the ring from the box and placed it on her shaky hand, then immediately pulling her into a tight hug.

Logan pulled away, her eyes reverting down to her hand where the ring was.

"How was that for a cliche toast?"

"Awfully cliche," Logan said. "But you were right."

"I was right?"

"Yeah. I fell in love with you even more because of it," she admitted. "And damn."

"Damn?"

"Damn. You're rich as hell!" Logan exclaimed and I rolled my eyes. "I get to marry a rich boy!"

"You're awful," I teased.

"And you have to spend the rest of your life with me! Someone clearly didn't think this through..."

But I knew she was wrong. I'd thought everything through and I knew that I wasn't going to regret a thing. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Logan Pierce and no one was going to advise me against it.

I was hopelessly, foolishly, and truly in love with her.

And no way in hell was I gonna run away from that.

✯ ✯ ✯

And that, my friends, is called love.

So yes finally I upload the 2nd epilogue. It's about damn time, I know. My sincere apologies for taking so loooooong!!!

LOGAN AND NOAH ARE ENGAGED BITCHES!!!!

I know I didn't write like the entire wedding for Cayden and Jeremy, but that would've been so hard bro. It also would've been hella brining, but I hope this did well enough! And I legit scoured the internet for an amazing venue. It's so goddamn beautiful, don't even tell me it isn't.

But yes. The 2nd epilogue: an engagement between everyone's favorite ship.

Yes, there will be a 3rd epilogue because I'm insane and crazy and insane. Again, it might be a while just cause I have to really gather my bearings.

In the mean time, I kind of have been thinking of doing a spin-off book about Porkchop... it would be pretty interesting. Perhaps it may happen in the future. Let me know what you think.

I LOVE YALL FOR READING THIS SHIT!!! Please comment anything and everything because I freaking love it!!!

And for now...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 2K 37
This book is dedicated to all fighters either battling life threatening diseases, life problems, depression or anything at all. Keep fighting 'cause...
73.1K 2.8K 38
Book #5 of the "Falling" book series Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #50 in Romance 2024 #69 in Enemies 2024 #83 in Rivals 2023 #17 in Graphic 2023 #1...
2.3M 40.9K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
274K 7.6K 40
Fay Hemmings has a secret no one can know. She is fragile. A crybaby, a softy, weak. After spending her whole life sheltered from the world, she goes...