Survival of the fittest✔️

By AnotherFangal

BTS Apocalypse AU In a world where half the population are living and half are the living dead, you need to b... More

1. The Apocalypse
2. Interrogation
3. Information Revealed
4. Arguments
5. Warnings
6. Scars
7. Scouting
8. Discussions
9. Midnight run
10. Trust formed
11. Everything's changed
12. Dull travelling
13. Unexpected Refuge
14. Teasing from both sides
15. Worried
16. Oh shit
17. Messy Return
18. Scouting
19. Gasoline
20. Burning
21. Pointless graveyard
22. Town
23. Hand her over
24. A safe place to rest
25. Close call
26. Storytime
27. Hope
28. Group meeting
29. Deep talk and new clothes
30. Bonding time
31. Into you
32. Truck Chase
33. Long journey chats
34. Dark night
35. Storytime with Jin and Hobi
36. Oncoming horde
37. No bullet in the head today
37. A little push
38. Taehyung's advice
39. We're not alone
40. Ji-booty
41. Don't jinx us
43. No such thing as luck
44. Almost lost
45. Escape story
46. Innocence killed
47. Rooftop camp
48. Jealousy
49. Emergency Exit
50. Baehyun
51. Woo
52. I think we're even.
53. B
54. This is the end.
55. Final destination

42. Just keep swimming

3K 147 22
By AnotherFangal

(26th June)

The second your entire body was submerged in the freezing water you began to fight your way back to the surface. You inhaled a deep breath when you broke the surface and tried to locate Jimin and Hobi. Luckily, they weren't far away struggling to keep themselves above water too. The others left on the pipe were watching you float away unable to help.

Someone shouted, "MEET US AT THE OTHER END OF THE TUNNEL. STAY ALIVE!"

You didn't have time to respond when the water yanked you back down again. You fought and kicked getting to the surface but it was no use the current was so strong it was pulling you down even more.

You swam even harder trying to reach the surface your lungs beginning to burn unbearably. You started to panic, you knew you weren't going to be able to get back up. The current was too powerful and you weren't a strong enough swimmer to get back up.

When out of nowhere, a hand grabbed the front of your shirt and yanked you up as hard as they could you took a deep breath in and coughed. The air felt nice on your burning lungs and you took several deep breaths.

"GUYS LOOK," Jimin yelled you snapped your eyes opening forgetting for a moment where you were. Hobi was in front of you with one hand clasped tightly on the front of you shirt keeping you up, not wanting to talk you nodded him thanks which he understood.

You turned around and saw a line of cars piled against one of the walls blocking the entire of the tunnel. Bracing yourself the three of you slammed into the cars which winded you instantly.

"We can't stay here," you called as the water pounded against you making you tired very quickly. "I'm going to see if we can get through. Hang on."

Before they could protest you swam down your eyes open under the water, they stung but you refused to close them. Your vision was very blurry and you couldn't see very much but you could see blackness which you guessed was cars and a section of slightly lighter blue, hopefully, this was a clear way through.

You resurfaced and saw Jimin and Hobi struggling to stay afloat against the strong current none of you would be able to keep this up, you needed to find somewhere to rest. "There's a way though I think, aim for the lighter blue rather than the black section."

You couldn't tell if they nodded or not they just looked tired, you went took a deep breath and dived again. You swam to the blue area hoping it was a way through.

A moment later you surfaced again, the broken car window that had been your escape was probably your only amount of luck in this entire situation, apart from that you were still alive.

The current wasn't as strong on the other side of the cars but it was still too deep to touch the floor so the three of you tread water for a second thinking of what to do.

"I'm tired," you muttered your arms and legs feeling weak.

"Don't give up, don't you dare stop swimming," Hobi told you fiercely.

"Think of Jungkook, he'd kill us if you drowned," Jimin told you trying to be motivating.

"We'd all be killed by the others if we drowned," you pointed out weakly.

You thought about his handsome face. His doe eyes watching you full of worry as you were on the bus, the way they hooded over when you had found the fuel in that garage back in the town. His comforting arm wrapped around your waist when you slept, his soft lips against yours and his cute smile.

"You're right. We have to get back to the others," you somehow found the strength to continue treading water and turn around to look further down the dark tunnel. This thing seriously was never-ending.

"Do we just keep swimming?" Jimin asked appearing next to you.

"I think so yeah, we need to find somewhere where we can have a rest for a minute," Hobi responded, the slow current of the water still pushing the three of you gently.

"Come on then," you sighed starting to swim again.

It was even harder to see now because the torches attached to your bag were under the water but there wasn't anything you could do about it.

Progress was slow and you could feel your arms and legs aching with the continuous swimming without a break. You were glad you couldn't hear anything dangerous, only the sound of rushing water getting fainter and the panting of Jimin and Hobi. You began to wonder if Biters could swim but decided not to ask the others, they were tired enough. As long as you kept moving you wouldn't get cold. If you stopped you'd get hypothermia which wouldn't help anyone you needed to find something that got you out of the water. Fast.

"What's that?" Jimin asked.

You'd spotted it too, there was light ahead, you looked up and saw a patch of the tunnel top had collapsed and brought the road above down with it. The moon was visible from where you were and you were relieved to see there was a good place for the three of you to have a break.

You heaved yourself onto the road and collapsed onto your front, breathing heavily. Jimin was sat down next to you having a sip of water his legs still dangling in the water and Hobi was on his back his eyes closed.

~

No one said anything for what seemed like hours you were sure you had fallen asleep for a while and the relaxed breathing from both guys next to you confirmed they had fallen asleep too.

You rolled over and sat up the muscles in your stomach feeling sore, you glanced either side of you at the others seeing your suspicion was correct, they had both fallen asleep, the moonlight making the clear skin on their handsome faces glow.

If the moon was up and midway in the sky it must be past midnight, you'd entered the tunnel at the beginning of sunset.

How long had you been here?

It can't have been that long surely?

But remembering the start of the journey to where you were now, it didn't surprise you.

Leaving Hobi sleeping peacefully on his back and Jimin curled up like a baby you riffled through your bag and got some water, taking small sips and looking around at the dark water rippling around you. It looked like a scene from a shark movie, a monstrous shark was about to jump out of the black water and eat you in one bite. That sounded nice compared to what monsters were in the world now.

Delaying waking them up even longer you searched for your walkie-talkie which had been left in your bag, you found it next to the, too wet to use, Molotov and tried to turn it on. As you expected, no fuzzing sound echoed through it signalling water had gotten inside and broken it, you sighed and threw it away with a clatter which disturbed Hobi.

He sat up and looked around, "How long have we been asleep here?"

"I have no idea," you shook your head starting to feel cold your wet clothes sticking to you.

"Your neck is bleeding," he pointed to the newest wound you had gotten from the glass when you had driven here. You'd completely forgotten about it in the dangerous journey here, you peeled the bandage off knowing it was probably going to get infected if you left the dirty wet bandage on for too long.

Luckily, Namjoon's stitching was good because the stitches were still firmly in place. Hobi was right though it had begun bleeding slightly it wasn't a huge amount though.

"Need to be careful that doesn't get infected," he nodded to it having a sip of his drink too.

"Yeah, I know," you nodded leaving the wound to get some air. "Not much I can do though. If it's gonna get infected it's gonna happen and with our current situation I can't do anything about it."

"True," he nodded agreeing, "Just don't dunk yourself."

"Trust me," you chuckled re-braiding your hair tighter this time, "I don't plan on it."

"What's the next part of our plan?" Jimin asked in a sleepy voice stirring but not moving from his fetal position.

"Well, we can't go back that way and we can't avoid getting wet again so I think we just keep going and hope we get to the end without seeing anything else," you suggested not liking your limited options. "I wondered if we should try climbing up there," you pointed to the hole in the tunnel, "But it's too steep so the water is the only option."

"Yeah," Hobi nodded, "Not much else we can do really. I think the water is shallower though."

"Good, come on then. Ready to go?"

Both guys nodded getting to their feet ready to keep going. You tried not to think about the others as you continue on your journey, for now, you could only hope they were alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172 0 13
"Just come back to me, okay? I need you to come back." He murmured, locking our eyes in an intense stare. Like he was making the most of it before s...
85K 3.6K 62
𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞 ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ "And yet you sit on it, like it is a perfect fit. And...
249K 8.1K 42
'"You thought you could run away? You thought you could escape? Hahah, never. You see, we need your, blood, your soul, so you better shut up." He his...
155K 9.5K 155
[Official Trailers & Reviews available] #2 FANFICTION A tragic love story filled with pain, betrayals, miseries and deadly plot twists. Y/N, an aver...