Kurai Akuma | KNY • M!Reader

By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Having lost his memory at a young age, (Y/N) Kamado lived a carefree life with his family. However, when trag... More

BS | Shadow Breathing
BS | Dance of Ashes
1st Sword | Into the Shadows
2nd Sword | Demon Eater
3rd Sword | Return to Light
4th Sword | Demon Slayer
5th Sword | Mayhem in Town
6th Sword | Fealty for Tyranny
8th Sword | Calm Into the Storm
9th Sword | Mountain Brawl
10th Sword | Against the Rules
11th Sword | Shadow Pillar
12th Sword | Falling Ashes
13th Sword | Butterflies
14th Sword | Trainer from Hell
15th Sword | Desire
16th Sword | Our Bonds
17th Sword | Resonating Hearts
18th Sword | Reverie
19th Sword | The Unending Dream
20th Sword | The Dreamer Awakens
21st Sword | Shadow, Flames and Disorder
22nd Sword | A New Daybreak

7th Sword | Devil's House

10.3K 295 295
By DaRkChAoZlOrD

"Sooo...do I even want to ask what's going on here?" (Y/N) chuckled as he walked up to the blond haired boy and the black haired girl.

"THIS IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! I NEED HER TO MARRY ME!" The blond boy huffed, continuing to persist on his marriage request.

Seeing this, (Y/N) sweatdropped as he smiled cluelessly, Tanjiro beside him becoming the fabled Bird Whisperer as he seemed to understand that the boy's Kasugaigarasu...in this case a sparrow, had said.

Walking up to the boy angrily, Tanjiro pulled him off of the girl.

"What the hell are you doing in the middle of the road! Can't you see that this lady doesn't  want this?! And stop causing trouble for your sparrow!" Tanjiro ranted at the blond haired boy.

"Ah, the uniform! You're both from the Final Selection..." The blond haired boy pointed out, causing (Y/N) to nod.

"I definitely don't know a guy like you! Definitely don't!"

"Eh——! We've met before though, we really have met! You've got memory issues!"

Tanjiro and the boy argued back and forth as (Y/N) facepalmed, walking up to the other girl.

"Alright, miss, you should probably hurry on back home. We can take it from here." (Y/N) smiled at her, causing her to sigh gratefully, bowing her head lightly.

"HEY! She still needs to marry me, she likes me!" The blond haired boy screeched, only for a tick mark to appear on the girls' head.

"Shame on you! When did I ever say I liked you! I only talked to you because I thought you were sick when I saw you squatting on the side of the road!!"

"Doesn't that mean that you talked to me because you're worried about me because you like me?!"

"That's completely impossible, I have a fiancé already! I see that you're really energetic already, so you should be fine. Let's never see each other again!"

And with that, the girl stormed off, leaving the blond haired boy dumbstruck, before he turned towards (Y/N) and Tanjiro.

"Why did you have to come and mess with...WHAT SORT OF AN EXPRESSION IS THAT?!" The blond haired boy pointed at the two incredulously.

(Y/N) just looked away, trying to hold in his laughter, but you could hear his chuckles every few seconds as Tanjiro just stared at the boy in disgust.

"DON'T DO THAT—! DON'T USE THOSE EYES TO LOOK AT ME LIKE YOU WOULD SOME OTHER CREATURE! AND YOU, DON'T LAUGH AT THIS! IT'S YOU GUYS' FAULT I DIDN'T GET MARRIED!" The blond haired boy pointed at the two in his rage, causing (Y/N) to howl with laughter as Tanjiro's disgust only intensified.

"STOP LAUGHING! AND YOU, SAY SOMETHING!" The blond boy screeched at the two, (Y/N) wiping tears from his eyes as he calmed himself.

"I'm about to die!! I'll definitely die the next time I'm on a job!! I'm super weak, and don't think I'm exaggerating! You need to protect me before I finally get married." The boy cried as (Y/N) and Tanjiro snapped out of their own stupors.

"My name is Tanjiro Kamado, and this is my older brother-"

"(Y/N) Kamado, yo."

Tanjiro began as (Y/N) finished, introducing themselves.

"Is that so!! I'm sorry. My name is Agatsuma Zenitsu! Help me, Tanjiro, (Y/N)!" Zenitsu cried as he grasped the two's haori's.

"But why? You're so strong, you should easily be able to defeat most demons." (Y/N) asked, confused. During the time he'd spent down in the labyrinth, (Y/N) had easily been able to identify how strong a person was based on their aura alone, and this boy's aura was around the same level as Tanjiro's- and he was more than capable of taking care of himself.

"I'm extremely weak! I can't take down demons on my own!" Zenitsu sobbed, causing (Y/N) to sigh.

"You can't be this shameless. Have some more faith in your abilities, otherwise, you'll just keep holding yourself back." (Y/N) sighed, looking at the kneeling Zenitsu.

Zenitsu then went on to rant about how he'd become a Demon Slayer in the first place, (Y/N) looking away, half-listening as Tanjiro payed full attention.

After he was done, (Y/N) returned his attention to the two.

"Sounds like you've been through quite a bit. But now that you have learned all this, you have actual power in your hands. Plus, you put all that effort into the training- are you really just going to let it go to waste?" (Y/N) asked skeptically, looking down at Zenitsu.

(Y/N) sighed as Zenitsu seemingly ignored him, in a world of his own as Tanjiro just helplessly tried to comfort him.

After seeing Zenitsu's sparrow talk to Tanjiro and (Y/N)'s crows, the three Demon Slayers were walking down the road together, Zenitsu having calmed down.

"I understand your worries...but please don't cause anymore trouble for the sparrow." Tanjiro plead as three walked, Zenitsu staring at him silently while eating a rice ball Tanjiro had given him.

"Trouble for the sparrow? How did you know?" Zenitsu asked, causing (Y/N) to snicker as he heard Tanjiro list off the complaints.

"Wow, keep that up and you'll get a reputation." (Y/N) smiled, rolling his eyes at Zenitsu.

"Very funny. How can either of you understand what it's saying, anyway?" Zenitsu rolled his eyes before asking.

"Oh, I'm not a Bird Whisperer, only Tanjiro understands that." (Y/N) cleared up, making sure he understood as Tanjiro deadpanned.

"CAWW! HURRY UP!! HURRY UP, TANJIRO, ZENITSU, (Y/N), START RUNNING, MOVE FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT LOCATION!!" Tanjiro's crow, scaring Zenitsu to death as (Y/N) rolled his eyes, though the three began to run towards their location.

After an hour or so of traveling, the three found themselves in a forest...and in front of the the household their next mission took place at.

It was a Japanese styled house, and the door seemed to be open in front of the trio, with another opening on the upstairs balcony.

"There's a smell of blood in this area...it's one I've never smelled before..." Tanjiro narrowed his eyes as he said this, looking at the building.

"A smell...? I can't smell anything, but can either of you hear that sound...?" Zenitsu asked, his face showing he was slightly scared at what he'd heard.

"Nope...can't smell or hear anything, but I can certainly sense three demonic auras in the house...not to mention two human auras...and one more, human, but seems wounded..." (Y/N) narrowed his eyes, making both Tanjiro and Zenitsu look at him.

"Aura?" The two of them asked, causing (Y/N) to look at the two.

"It's my way of sensing things. I don't really remember how I came to sense it, but I'm still able to now. I can tell the difference between a human and a demon easily with my aura, not to mention I don't need to see the person directly to find their aura." (Y/N) explained, causing the two to make "Oh" faces. (Ok, so this works for the five Senses with the characters, Tanjiro's Smell, Zenitsu's Hearing, Inosuke's Touch, Kanao's Sight, and Genya's Taste. Yours is basically the sixth, Aura.)

Hearing a surprised gasp, the three turned to look at the nearby forest, seeing two kids huddled up together, looking terrified.

"Kids..?" Zenitsu gasped in surprise, looking over at the duo.

"What's going on with them..?" (Y/N) pondered, seeing as how they looked utterly terrified.

"What are you doing here?" Tanjiro asked kindly as he walked up to the two, though they only retreated as Tanjiro's smile faltered a bit. It seemed like they'd been through quite the scare...

"Tada~ a sparrow in my palm! Cute, right?" Tanjiro decided to lighten the mood as he displayed Zenitsu's sparrow, causing (Y/N) to snicker slightly.

"What happened? Is that house over there your home?" Tanjiro asked softly, pointing over at the house a bit away.

"No...it's not...it's...the home...of the monster...while we were traveling during the night...it came and took our older brother, but it ignored us..." The boy among the two managed to speak out, causing Tanjiro's eyes to narrow.

"The monster entered that house over there?" Tanjiro asked, looking at the boy seriously. In response, the boy nodded his head as tears flowed down his eyes.

"The two of you followed it here? That's pretty impressive..." (Y/N) commended, joining the conversation.

"We...we were following the blood trail from our brother...he's hurt in there..." The boy cried, causing (Y/N) to sigh lightly.

"Don't worry about it. We'll beat the monster and rescue your brother, rest assured." (Y/N) smiled as he walked up to Tanjiro and the kids.

"(Y/N)...Tanjiro...what's that sound? It keeps ringing...is it a drum...?" Zenitsu asked, looking intimidated as he stared at the house.

"Sound? I can't hear any..." Tanjiro began as (Y/N)'s eyes widened, realizing an aura- the wounded human one- was currently speeding down the hall on the top floor- towards the open door.

Sprinting towards the house, (Y/N) looked up as he saw a falling body, barely managing to catch it as he placed the man on the floor.

"Hey! Are you alright?! What happened in there?!" (Y/N) asked as he raised the boy's head, seeing blood cover various parts of his body and drip down his head.

Hearing Tanjiro make sure the kids didn't see, he ran towards (Y/N) and the wounded boy urgently.

"Is he going to be alright?!" Tanjiro asked as he slid up beside the two, taking a look at the boy as a grim look formed on his face.

"I don't-" (Y/N) began, only for the boy to interrupt.

"I finally...got...out...ah....ah...finally...got..out..
got...outside...am I...going to die...? I...am...going...to die?" The boy asked, tears forming on his face as (Y/N) only grit his teeth.

"GROOOOOOOOOWRRRR!" The group heard a murderous road echo from within the house, causing (Y/N) to look at the open entrance, Tanjiro doing the same as Zenitsu followed, seemingly terrified.

Feeling the body in his hands turn cold, a shadow covered (Y/N)'s eyes as he closed the boy's eyes before placing him down.

"He's dead..." (Y/N) muttered, before looking at the kids.

"Was this your brother...?" (Y/N) asked as he looked at them, though they shook their heads in response.

"No...our brother was wearing yellowish brown clothing..." The child revealed, causing (Y/N) to nod as he stood up, doing a one handed prayer for the boy who'd just died.

"...Zenitsu, Tanjiro...we've got a demon to hunt." (Y/N)'s tone was cold as he said this, Tanjiro nodding in agreement, with slight hesitation, though Zenitsu looked scared.

Looking at him, (Y/N) sighed before he began heading out for the household.

Hearing Tanjiro leave Nezuko's box with the kids, (Y/N) sensed a shivering Zenitsu and determined Tanjiro walk into the house behind him.

"You guys will protect me right..? You will definitely protect me right...?" Zenitsu cried, causing (Y/N) to glance back at him.

"Chances are we'll probably have to split up...but you got this. You survived the Final Selection after all, think of this as the same thing...just in a really stupidly big house." (Y/N) explained as Tanjiro sweatdropped, Zenitsu's soul flying out of his mouth at the words "split up."

"I'M GONNA DIE! DEAD! 100% DEAD! NO CHANCE FOR SURVIVAL, I'M GOING TO DIEEEEEE!" Zenitsu howled, causing (Y/N) to roll his eyes as Tanjiro tried to calm him down.

"Oi...you two shouldn't be in here..." (Y/N) saw the two kids come inside, looking afraid of something.

"The box was rattling around..." The young boy replied in fear, seeing Tanjiro and (Y/N)'s eyes widen in fear.

"You can't leave that box alone!" (Y/N) scowled as he ran into a room, intending to bust directly through the wall and outside.

...........

...........

...........

No longer hearing chatter, (Y/N) turned behind him and found that Tanjiro, Zenitsu and the kids were not there any longer...as a matter of fact no one was anywhere near...

Hearing what sounded like a drum, (Y/N) saw the room he was in change completely, causing him to draw his sword as he got into a defensive stance, looking all around him.

After a few seconds of nothing happening, (Y/N) lowered his swords and sheathed them, looking around. Closing his eyes, (Y/N) felt the aura flow of the entire house.

"Tanjiro and the girl are in another room across the household...Zenitsu and the boy are in a completely different corner...one of the other human- wait...this aura...it's the same as the sixth survivor of the Final Selection..." (Y/N)'s eyes widened in surprise as he felt the aura go rampant around rooms, passing directly through walls.

Shaking his head, (Y/N) realized there was a human aura in the room directly beside his, making him hum as he walked outside into the hallway.

Turning towards that direction, (Y/N) suddenly stopped as he felt the demonic aura that the human one seemed to wield.

"It's probably some sort of Blood Demon Art, but it's probably an item-type...meaning that this person is probably using it for defense, in that case, I better be quick." (Y/N) slammed the door open and jumped into the room, hearing the person release a frightened scream as the sound of a drum echoed through the room.

"Oi...calm down." (Y/N) rolled his eyes at the boy, who wore yellowish-brown robes and held a drum in his hands, looking quite scared.

Hearing the boy whimper slightly, (Y/N)'s eyes softened as he crouched down to the boy's level.

"What's your name?" (Y/N) asked kindly, trying to calm the boy down.

"K-Kiyoshi..." The boy, Kiyoshi, stuttered as (Y/N) nodded.

"Kiyoshi, huh...where did you get that drum?" (Y/N) asked as he pointed at the drum in the boy's' hands.

"There were some monsters fighting...one of them dropped this drum after he got hit...so I took it and hit it...and it changed the room..." Kiyoshi explained as (Y/N) nodded, getting the basic gist of the situation.

"I see...alright, Kiyoshi, once I exit this room, hit that drum and don't let anyone you don't know enter the room, got it?" (Y/N) requested as he stood up, drawing his shadow katana.

"B-but what about you?" Kiyoshi asked fearfully, seeing the katana in his hands.

"I'm gonna go hunt those monsters you talked about...remember, don't let anyone you don't know inside!" (Y/N) repeated as Kiyoshi nodded, (Y/N) opening the sliding door as he looked back, nodding as he stepped out of the room.

The sound of a drum was heard once again as the door behind him changed completely, making (Y/N) hum in satisfaction. It seemed the kid has listened, after all.

"Alright...let's go find one of the demons- oh..." (Y/N) turned to look at one of the corners in the hallway he was in, sensing a demonic aura begin to head that way.

"Pig assault! Pig assault! Pig assault!" (Y/N) heard a voice chant as he looked towards the other side of the hallway, seeing a person wearing a boar mask storming down the hallway, making (Y/N) sweatdrop as the person ran directly by him.

"Oi, watch out!" (Y/N) warned as the person ran into the corner, only for a grotesque hand to punch at the masked figures' face. However, in a move of extreme flexibility, the person backflipped away as a giant demon came around the corner.

"You dodged it. How unexpected, hopping around even if you're human. Your meat has gained the value of being eaten." The demon said as the boar-masked person breathed out of the mask.

"Self Style ~ Breath of the Beast..." The masked person breathed out as (Y/N) watched, raising an eyebrow in surprise as he heard it was a self taught style- much like his own Shadow Breathing.

"Bigger targets have an even greater value of being chopped open!" The masked person rushed at the demon.

"Hoho...you actually came running straight at me. You've got some nerve." The demon's eyes reflected its anger as it reached out to grab the figure.

Not even fazed, the masked person slashed through its arms with absolute ease.

"Ouch..."

"AHAHAHAHA! I'm going to leave your dead body out in the sun to dry! It will become my stepping stone!" The boar masked person laughed as they then brandished both of their swords.

"Third Fang: Rip and Devour!" The masked person jumped at the demon's neck, slashing both of their swords through its neck cleanly, chopping off the demons head.

Then, seemingly not giving it's dead prey any attention, the person used the falling body as a stepping stone, leaping past it and disappearing down the hallway.

(Y/N) just looked at the corpse in surprise, not having expected the easy and efficient kill from the Swordsman.

"Kay...That's one of the three Demon auras...onto the next!" (Y/N) expanded his senses to their limits before disappearing in a flash, turning into a black and blue streak, tearing through room after room and heading towards the second aura.

"Right...oh, Zenitsu and the boy are here...I wanna see what Breathing he uses! I'll step in only if he's losing..." (Y/N) thought as he slashed his way into the roof, before slashing downward, just above the room Zenitsu and the boy had crawled into to avoid the demon.

Sitting back, (Y/N) watched as Zenitsu and the boy backed up slowly.

"WHAT SORT OF TONGUE IS THAT, WHY IS IT SO FAST!! THE WATER JAR CRACKED AND BROKE JUST LIKE THAT...THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!" Zenitsu screeched as the two backed away, though Zenitsu suddenly fell.

"Zenitsu-san! Get up!" The young boy from outside spoke fearfully.

"Ahh! It's gathering all over my knees! 80% of my fear has gathered on my knees! Ohh! Just leave me! Run away as fast as you can!" Zenitsu cried, pushing the boy away.

"Seriously? How the heck did he survive the Final Selection like that..." (Y/N) deadpanned as he saw the scene, tempted to "accidentally" drop his sword on the demon's neck. Yes...accidentally.

"I can't do that!" The boy replied back, beginning to pull Zenitsu further in the room.

Slowly managing to pull him with him, the boy and Zenitsu retreated further into the room as a demon crawling on all fours entered the room.

"Guhee-hee! I'm going to suck the brain matter from your ears." The demon cackled, Zenitsu seemed to pass out from fear as (Y/N) pokerfaced.

"Zenitsu-san?! Zenitsu..." The boy suddenly stopped as he saw Zenitsu had fallen asleep, before fear invaded his systems as he hopelessly pulled both himself and Zenitsu back.

"What is that guy doing, gehee!! Die!!" The demon then shot its tongue at them, scaring the life out of the boy.

"WAAAHH! ZENITSU-SAN PLEASE GET UP!" The boy cried, and just as (Y/N) was about to step in, the sound of a slash echoed through the room.

"That speed...I was barely able to see him fully unsheath and resheath his sword..." (Y/N) was pleasantly surprised as he watched this, pumping his fist up playfully.

Suddenly- he'd found it really fun to see what kind of moves and techniques other Breath Styles had.

Standing in front of the crying boy, Zenitsu motioned him to step back a little, the demon finally noticing that it's tongue was now cut off.

Suddenly, Zenitsu got into a stance, surprising (Y/N) as he looked at it. It was almost completely perfect...almost no openings...

"What is that sound...looks like he's about to do something cool!" (Y/N) inwardly cheered like a child, looking on starry eyed at the scene.

"What...what is this sound...this guy...he's giving off a different vibe..." The demon felt sweat drip down its head as it said this, watching fog beginning to form near Zenitsu's mouth.

"Zenitsu-san..." The child with him muttered, seeing the sudden change in demeanor.

Reaching for the hilt of his blade, it all happened in a flash.

"Breath of Thunder - First Form: Thunderclap Flash." Zenitsu breathed out as he unsheathed his sword, which (Y/N) was barely able to see as Zenitsu flashed past the demon, slashing directly through its neck and stopping a small distance behind the demon, sheathing his sword before the demon's head had even flown off of its body due to the intense speeds.

"...You're kidding, right...? I was wondering how he passed the Final Selection...he literally slept through it..." (Y/N) sweatdropped as he saw Zenitsu begin to praise the other boy, Shoichi, fully believing it'd been him who had taken the demon down.

Then, (Y/N) had realized one thing...Zenitsu was seriously fucked in the head and/or dropped as a child. One of the two. Or both.

He honestly had no idea...

"Alright, well that's two of them...the last aura's the strongest, so I should get to hunting that." (Y/N) shrugged as he slashed through the roof, running on the roof towards where he'd sensed the last aura.

"Ooh...Tanjiro's fighting this one. Though he hasn't fully healed yet...guess I should help, then." (Y/N) thought as he jumped up, before falling back down, shadow energy swirling around him in a helix formation as he slashed directly through the roof and unto the room Tanjiro was in.

"Another one of you pests?" The demon in the room, having multiple drums in its body, scowled as (Y/N) landed beside Tanjiro, of whom was on one knee and wielding his sword at him.

"Nii-san!" Tanjiro cried in relief at seeing (Y/N), making the boy wave.

"Can you fight?" (Y/N) asked Tanjiro, seeing him nod as he stood up, albeit slightly shaky.

"The drum on his left shoulder turns the room to the right, the left one turns everything to the left. Right leg drum moves everything forward and the left leg everything back. The drum on his stomach does a claw attack!" Tanjiro pointed out, causing (Y/N) to smile, glancing at his brother.

"You're a really strong person, Tanjiro. To be able to determine that while trying to survive and while having broken bones, I mean." (Y/N) praised, though he turned his eyes away, missing the happy smile on Tanjiro's face as he was praised.

"Now...let's do this!" (Y/N) smirked as he blasted off towards the demon, only for it to beat its drums, causing the room to shake all kinds of ways as (Y/N) let go of a Tch, minimizing the landing impact and jumping directly towards the demon.

However, (Y/N) was suddenly spun around in mid air as the demon constantly changed the direction of the gravity in the room, making (Y/N) grit his teeth. He was slowly getting dizzy from how fast the room was spinning, not to mention he had to twist his body in unnatural ways to dodge the claws, though he nullified the ones he couldn't dodge using Shadowfall Vortex.

Gritting his teeth, (Y/N) flipped to the right as the gravity of the room changed, a desk on the ceiling above (Y/N) spilling out a bunch of papers.

Tanjiro landed beside on of the papers, barely managing to avoid stepping on it and seeming to have realized something.

Though, (Y/N) didn't have any time to ask as a claw attack forced him to jump away, stabbing his katana into the ceiling and using it as a momentary foothold as his sight cleared, no longer dizzy.

Suddenly, the room lurched in every direction, causing (Y/N) to go flying past Tanjiro, the two hopping around the room and avoiding crashing into each other. Though, it was clear that Tanjiro's technique to minimize his landing was much more effective than (Y/N)'s, since he hopped around the room without restrictions. This was all due to the Water Breathing style's Ninth Form, which minimized the landing requirement and allowed the user to move freely in places without solid footholds.

As the demon beat its drum, (Y/N) and Tanjiro flew past each other, making eye contact in the air as the two nodded, a claw attack forcing them apart as they landed on different sides of the room.

"Shadow Breathing - Combo Form: Crescent Steps."

"Water Breathing - First Form: Water Surface Slash!"

(Y/N) and Tanjiro both landed, (Y/N) turning into a blur as he rushed down the wall and towards the demon, Tanjiro also leaping off the wall he'd landed on and towards the demon as water energy surrounded his blade.

"Your Blood Demon Art is very impressive!" Tanjiro complimented the demon, appearing in front of it as its eyes widened.

"Annoying, but really impressive! Had you had to have fought any other demon hunters, you might've actually won!" (Y/N) added, making the demon's eyes widen further.

Due to the sudden compliments, the demon barely registered the fact that (Y/N) and Tanjiro had slashed through its neck, though (Y/N)'s eyes widened in surprise as he saw the slashed numeral on its eye, realizing this demon had been a Demon Moon previously.

Seeing Tanjiro collapse on the floor, (Y/N) ran over to his side.

"Hey, don't push yourself...focus on recovering." (Y/N) said, concerned for his brothers' current state.

"Hey, kids...answer me...my...Blood Demon Art...is it really strong...?" The demon asked, gaining the two's attention as they looked at its slowly fading head.

"Yeah...it's very strong...but I can't forgive you for killing humans..." Tanjiro's eyes remained resolute as he spoke. He fully believed it was completely unforgivable...even if he had an impressive power.

"It's pretty strong...hell, if this room was bigger, we probably wouldn't have been able to touch you at all with the power to change the origin of gravity within the room." (Y/N) revealed, causing both Tanjiro and the Demon's eyes to widen.

"You...saw through...my demon art?" The demon asked, surprised as (Y/N) nodded.

"Yeah...I wasn't sure if what it did was change the room or the gravity within the room at first, but then I remembered that the mansion looked completely normal from outside, meaning that the room couldn't have been what flipped. And since all the furniture stayed in the same place, that meant you changed where Tanjiro and I were pulled by gravity...in a way, that ability would be ridiculously powerful outside." (Y/N) explained, causing the demon's eyes to widen and Tanjiro to look on in awe. With an ability like that...he could basically make a person fly off to the sky and never come back down...

"I...see..." The demon spoke softly, having been thoroughly defeated as it began to turn to ashes.

"Before you die...what is your name...?" (Y/N) asked, looking at the demon seriously.

"...Kyogai." The demon's voice resonated as (Y/N) and Tanjiro did a one handed prayer, as they would customarily. Before it's entire body faded, Tanjiro used one of the blood collecting devices that Tamayo had given the two, and collected a sample of Kyogai's blood, giving it to Tamayo's cat...which was a mystical being of its own. Turning his eyes towards his brother, (Y/N) then ruffled his hair.

"Well...that was certainly something. I'm impressed you managed to hold your own that long." (Y/N) smiled as he saw his brother suddenly grimace, clearly in pain.

"C'mon...don't push yourself." (Y/N) placed Tanjiro on his back, beginning to walk out of the room.

"We need to...find the kids...(Y/N), let's go..." Tanjiro spoke out, pointing (Y/N) in the direction of Kiyoshi and his sister, Teruko.

Arriving at the room, (Y/N) opened the door, only to get assailed by dozens of random items- a brick managing to hit him directly in the face.

Tanjiro, who had began walking on his own feet just moments prior, saw (Y/N)'s soul begin to leave his body, making the burgundy haired boy desperately try to stuff it back in as Kiyoshi and Teruko apologized profusely.

"I saw the light for a few seconds...Grandma was telling me to come...but I never met Grandma?" (Y/N) muttered as he stood up, before realizing where he was.

"Oh, right...devil house and all. Sup." (Y/N) carelessly greeted Kiyoshi and Teruko.

"You're alright! We're so sorry for throwing things at you!" The two apologized, causing (Y/N) to sweatdropped as he waved his hands in front of him dismissively.

"Don't worry about it! It's nothing big, I swear." (Y/N) attempted to dissuade the kids, which seemed to work.

"Anyway, let's go. Your brother should be waiting outside with Zenitsu. Speaking of, Tanjiro- HE LIED TO US! He uses Thunder Breathing and he managed to kill a demon in an instant!" (Y/N) childishly raged as he put Kiyoshi on his back, since he had an injured leg.

Listening on, Tanjiro carried Teruko while (Y/N) carried Kiyoshi, the group eventually finding the doorway out.

"Yeah...there's Shoichi's aura, Zenitsu's...the strange boar masked person, and Nezuko's...wait..." (Y/N)'s eyes suddenly turned cold, unlike his usual warm icy blue eyes. (Ironic.)

"The smell of blood..." Tanjiro grimaced, the group walking outside to find the boar faced man holding both of his swords, facing Zenitsu, who was crouching around Nezuko's box.

"Get up and face me! Draw your swords you coward!" The boar masked person kicked Zenitsu, though he didn't do as asked.

Seeing (Y/N) and Tanjiro, a relieved smile formed on Zenitsu's bloodied face, realizing he'd managed to hold out.

"(Y/N)...Tanjiro...I've been...protecting it...since you said...this thing is more important to you than your lives..." Zenitsu gasped out, only for the boar masked person to kick him down.

"If you won't draw your sword...I'll skewer you along with the box!!" The boar masked person said, and at this point (Y/N) put Kiyoshi down, his hair shadowing his eyes.

In an instant, he appeared in front of the masked person, grabbed them by their neck and slammed them into the floor, hearing a pained grunt from the person.

"I don't fucking care what you do to someone's who's willing to fight back...but when you dare to point your blades at my sister, I'll shred you to pieces!" (Y/N)'s glare felt like that of a monsters', containing a frosty nature that nobody there had felt before.

"This sound...it's completely different...it's the sound of a...demon..."

"This smell...it's not (Y/N)'s...it's the same smell as a...Demon!"

"The air just changed...this isn't the same feel as a human...he's a demon?!"

Zenitsu, Tanjiro and the boar masked person all thought in shock, as black markings began to appear on (Y/N)'s face, though he didn't seem to notice. The markings consisted of icicle-like formations under his eyes, a black snowflake forming on the left side of his forehead.

"You're lucky you're also a Demon Slayer...if you weren't, I'd have killed you right here." (Y/N) let go of the boar masked person's neck, immediately sprinting over and grabbing the box from Zenitsu, placing it on his back swiftly.

"So...you're a demon?" The boar masked person spoke as they stood up, turning to look at (Y/N).

"If I can protect my family...I don't give a fuck about what I am." (Y/N) coldly responded, before turning on on his heel.

Seeing the dead body he'd encountered before he'd arrived at the house, (Y/N) ignored Tanjiro, Zenitsu, the boar faced person, who said his name was Inosuke before passing out due to being head butted by Tanjiro, and the kids.

Slowly, the black markings on his face receded as (Y/N) took a deep breath, beginning to dig proper graves for the bodies of the boy, a few other bodies he'd seen inside...and Kyogai.

Along the way, Tanjiro and the kids, along with Zenitsu, had begun to help with the graves after putting Inosuke in a comfortable position.

"LET'S FIGHT!" As (Y/N) put some dirt over one of the graves, Inosuke suddenly woke up and yelled, sending Zenitsu running.

Seeing the group gathered around a grave, Inosuke suddenly looked confused.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING!" Inosuke asked- well, more like yelled as he pointed at the grave.

"Burying the dead. If you can walk, come over here and help." (Y/N) replied, his voice no longer as cold as it used to be.

"And...I apologize for snapping on you earlier. But...I won't hesitate to debilitate you if you so much as dare to point your sword at this box again." (Y/N) said nonchalantly, ignoring Inosuke's retorts as he and Tanjiro began arguing- well, more like Inosuke trying to piss Tanjiro off so he would fight him and Tanjiro completely missing the point of his taunts.

And after making sure that Kiyoshi, a "rare blood", had Wisteria to offput demons, the group began to tread towards their next objective...a rest house. Apart from (Y/N), who had his demonic healing factor...the other three had broken ribs. Which of course, being the person he is- (Y/N) made sure to taunt them about it. He almost got killed on that walk- truly, a friendship for the ages.
————————————————————————
That's the Drum House Arc for y'all. Seems like (Y/N) is beginning to tap into his demon powers...or is he? I do wonder...till next time: Calm Into The Storm!

So far on the pairing voting we have:

Nezuko: 0
Shinobu: 23
Kanao: 0
Mitsuri: 2
Harem: 19

Lets spice up the Waifu Wars...behold!

Fight for the OneTrueWaifu: Shinobu!

But do not fret, Harem lovers! Fight for the affection of all the best girls!:
(PS...Shinobu won't die if this is also chosen...)

If you should fall- you fall a soldier in this proud war! Fight on, and may your blades of votes decide the fates of affection!

Just know- that at the end...a new beginning lies just around the corner...(?)

Breath of Shadows:
(P.S, credit and thanks to AliceInWond for the idea of the Gif Forms :D)
——————————————
First Form: Crescent Moon Slash

Striking in front of them with a crescent strike, the user slices in front of them with enough power to directly sever almost anything.

Second Form: Shadow Wheel

Slashing lightly in front of them, the user forces the target to jump back into the path of a stronger, shadow-infused strike.

Third Form: Rending Shade

Slashing in a circular formation, the user rends the enemy apart- then follows for a lethal strike with the same momentum and force.

Fourth Form: Embraceful Shade

A gentle strike, the user slashes with a shadow-infused blade, sheathing their sword before the enemy even realizes. Fastest Shadow Form.

Fifth Form: Moonlit Illusive Slash

Using Shadow Energy, the user creates an illusory moon to distract the opponent, before slashing through both the opponent and Moon.

Sixth Form: Shadowfall Vortex

Slashing their sword in a circular manner, the user forms a vortex of sorts, drawing in attacks and effectively dispelling them. Can be overwhelmed.

Seventh Form: Turbulent Shadow

Spinning their upper and lower body in resonance, the user created a gale of shadow energy around them, capable of attacking in all directions.

Eighth Form: Shadow Steps

A movement technique, Shadow Steps gives the user similar properties to shadows, allowing them to move much faster than normal.

Ninth Form: Affliction

Rotating their sword in a spherical formation, a savage dome of shadow energy forms all around the user, rending any form of attack approaching.

Tenth Form: ?????????

~ Chaoz has logged out. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

615K 23.6K 34
(Y/n) Kamado a young cheerful girl, third to the eldest sibling, lives in a big and happy household but in that one faithful day when you accompanied...
845K 28.9K 45
━ ❝ 𝐈𝐅 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍, 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍? 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍? ❞ ( kny upper moons x fem!reader )...
488 11 6
This is a story based of of Kimitsu No Yiaba (also known as demon slayer) This story doesn't exactly follow the cannon storyline as we know it, but...
36.2K 1.5K 26
❝ 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 ❞ ㅤ ╰┈─➤ in which y/n, the frost hashira, encounters tanjiro during his final s...