Hendrix ✓

By softsloth

‶Your little mate, what is she like?″ ‶She's wild, but all the best flowers are.″ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★... More

Hendrix
prologue
1 ★ Virginia moon
2 ★ Hang the DJ
3 ★ Money
4 ★ Useless
5 ★ How sweet it is
6 ★ The trees
7 ★ You're mine
8 ★ Despair
10 ★ Rain or shine
11 ★ Freckled girl
12 ★ Mercy
13 ★ Hour glass
14 ★ A little tenderness
15 ★ Ash
16 ★ Rookie maneuvers
17 ★ Wrapped around your finger
18 ★ First date
19 ★ Everything's magic
20 ★ Cave in
21 ★ The blues
22 ★ I've been cold
23 ★ Gonna groove tonight
24 ★ My baby
25 ★ Behind the wheel
26 ★ I hear her playin the drums
27 ★ Little valentine
28 ★ Your atmosphere
29 ★ Pushed away
30 ★ Seem like enemies
31 ★ You're my home
32 ★ It's over
33 ★ Breaks my heart
34 ★ Empty
35 ★ Forever changed
36 ★ Fatherless
37 ★ Foresight
38 ★ A little of both
39 ★ Chain of love
40 ★ Keep you safe
41 ★ Disregard
42 ★ Comfort you
43 ★ A part of history
44 ★ Crawling
45 ★ Love's undone
46 ★ Cherry
47 ★ Lonesome loser
48 ★ You have my heart
49 ★ Miles away
50 ★ Picture of my past
51 ★ Show me love
52 ★ Smile for me
53 ★ Endless song
54 ★ New sensation
55 ★ Lift away
56 ★ Never disappear
57 ★ Flag me down
58 ★ Bell through the night
59 ★ Shrillest highs and lowest lows
60 ★ No longer alone
61 ★ Jumper cable lips
62 ★ Just like a dream
Epilogue
Book 3 ☽ Opal
Book 1.5 ❥ Tressandra

9 ★ Young mate

219K 7.8K 2K
By softsloth

𝔸𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕒 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕤

"Find a handsome

young mate

for you to love"

Cedric POV

Everything is blurry. My eyes are like a camera that can't focus, my brain unable to process anything around me.

My mate. I found my mate.

Well, I saw her. She saw me. She ran out of the classroom before the lecture really even started. In that moment that our eyes met, I wasn't sure what exactly was happening. It didn't process. I couldn't think or move.

I couldn't believe that she's my mate, actually, I still can't believe it. The little thing is human. Up until this point in my life I had thought that impossible. No shifter is given a human as a mate, it's not right, not natural, not possible.

Apparently it is possible, and I'm the first bastard to experience it.

By the time the class is over I'm leaning against my desk for support. I barely got through class. My eyes are closed, my jaw clenched so hard my head begins to throb in pain.

This can't be happening. A human. My mate is human.

I take deep, long breaths, trying to focus on that and only that. The students are all gone, they left in a hurry only moments ago. Or hours. Time doesn't really make sense right now. They felt my stress, my tenseness. Like a herd of gazelles they skittered away to protect themselves from the irritated lion.

Even though I'm shocked she's human, I can't get her face out of my head. She was a shock of beauty in a sea of mundane faces. Her big doe eyes were wide and innocent, her nose doused in freckles, and not to mention that tousled head of wavy curls. I can't get the image out of my head. It's stuck, just like the Moon Goddess wanted.

And then there's the fact that I want to chase her down and grab her. That would go over well, I think.

I don't know what to think, how to feel. I should feel disgusted or horrified, instead I'm on edge and confused. I've waited centuries to find her. I didn't expect this to happen when I did. I can't exactly describe what I envisioned, but I thought at least my mate would know what I am.

My guess is that she has no clue that I'm a lycan, let alone what a lycan is in the first place. Then there's the fact that I'm royalty, but I hate even thinking about that.

I hate remembering the way she fled the classroom with her pretty face hidden, the scent of tears wafting around me. I can't forget that smell. Not of her crying, but of her in general. It had been a mouthwatering scent that I never wanted to stop inhaling.

In amazement I realize there was no fear mixed with her scent. My eyes widen. She saw me, stared at me, must've felt the mate bond as I did, but she was not afraid of me. It must be some sort of miracle. Maybe a fluke. Everyone on this planet is afraid of me. The idea that my mate is the only person who's not afraid of me more than it should.

But why would she run? Why was she crying? It doesn't make any sense. Humans have always been simple in my mind, the things they do don't exactly make sense to me, but they're easy enough to understand. This whole situation with my mate is a conundrum, especially because I can already tell I have no self control with her.

When she left I wanted to chase her. I didn't even care about the class, or who would raise an eyebrow.... at least at first. I will speak to her. I will find her. She's mine, I will not be without her, but I can't let others know. It would arise suspicion. Stir gossip. I've already invested so much in this mission only for it to be blown. All in all, it was mostly because I was too shocked to really do anything in that fleeting moment.

It's not everyday you find out your whole future is in the hands of a tiny girl. That's what she is. A girl.

She looked so young, too young. And yet, somehow, the Moon Goddess decided that she's my perfect match in every way. If anything I would think that the human was made for me specifically. Everything about her calls to me, as a mate should.

She's human. That reminder sticks out like a sore thumb.

I don't know where to find her. I could hunt her down. It wouldn't be a hard thing to do. I know how to find someone when I want to. And that scent, Goddess, that scent will be a beacon in the dull human world.

I'm still in a bit of a daze as I make my way through the campus grounds. Instead of paying attention to the countless faces around me, I think only of her.

What's her name? Where did she come from? Why did she find me now? If it had been a month ago, hell even two weeks ago, it would've been much easier to make her mine. There wouldn't be any issues or complications.

But, unfortunately, our relationship has to start at the beginning of an undercover mission. Why is everything so inconvenient? It seems to be the story of my life.

I get on my bike and head back to the apartment in a cloud of fuzziness. Not even the rumbling of my motorcycle is enough to get me out of the abyss that my mate dragged me into. Nothing really appears important while I cruise down the long, winding roads of the countryside, except for that beautiful face I can't forget.

I will find her. I need her.

When I arrive at the front of the apartment building I'm still dazed. My ears are ringing I realize. I can't smell anything, can't concentrate on anything. It's all a big blur around me. There's no sense. No time. I've become a useless shell as I can only think of her.

Where is she? Where did she go?

I pass the same human male in the hallway that I did the other day. I don't look his way as he scurries back into his apartment for cover.

When I'm behind the safety of my own door I sigh. The tight heat in my body is relentless. Persistent. I can't relax. I can't breathe. My own body is working against me and trapping me in its confines. What is happening to me?

Unable to take it any longer I shout out a roar as I grab the coffee table and lift it in the air, snapping it in half, kind of like my self control. I throw the wood on the ground, already looking around for something else to destroy. It ended up being a lamp. That too is in pieces on the floor before I can blink.

A heavy red color overtakes everything in sight. I tear up some pillows, threw books, smash shelves. It doesn't seem like enough. There has to be more.

There has to be more that I can destroy. I glance around quickly trying to zone in on something else. My rage needs to be sated.

One thing I've always had is control, and now it's gone in the blink of an eye. I'm unchained, uncaged. My perfect balance is ruined, I've been pushed off the tightrope and I'm falling hard.

"Woah, woah, woah! Calm the hell down, Chief!" The voice is familiar, too familiar and a bit annoying at the moment.

I turn to glare at the culprit, and I snarl when Savannah takes a step towards me. Her dark eyes widen at my half shifted state. It's not often I'm stuck between man and lycan, and she knows it.

My Beta opens her mouth and then closes it, watching me intently before taking a breath and speaking.

"You found her. Didn't you?" My rumbling throat stops. The wrecked apartment is silent as we stare at each other. Her words have somehow shocked me out of my fit of rage. How did she know? Is it that obvious?

As I slowly transform to my two legged persona, I nod my head and take a step backwards. It's dawning on me quite quickly what exactly I did to my home. So much for staying under the radar.

"How?" I ask once I've somewhat collected myself a bit. One of her dark eyebrows lifts while she takes in the mess I've made.

"How did I know you found your mate?" Savannah asks reluctantly, not making eye contact. Something's up. Savannah never avoids eye contact.

"Yes." I reply harshly. Her head snaps up and a guilty look crosses her face. Her tan cheeks actually darken with a blush.

"I met her. She works at the diner down the road." She takes a deep, shuttery breath. "I had the immediate sense that she was my Luna. I thought it must've been some kind of fluke. She's... she's human."

"Yes, I know that, thank you very much." I snap, putting as much venom as I can into it. Savannah's mouth literally drops open. She's used to my control, a blank slate of emotionless turmoil.

Well, here I am, a moody son of a bitch. My mate ruined any patience and restraint I've gained in the last 1,000 years.

"I can't believe it. This can't be happening." Savannah says, sounding dazed as she collapses onto the couch, one of the only things in the living room that survived my earlier rampage.

I don't say anything even though I agree wholeheartedly. That's what I've been thinking for the past hour. Or minutes. Time is weird when I feel like my life has suddenly begun.

Standing still, I take a deep inhale of oxygen while I mull things over. Savannah knows where I can find her. She met her.

"This is a problem, I mean, you hate humans. What was the Moon Goddess thinking?" My Beta asks, waving a hand in the air as she stares at the wall with a shake of her head. "It's not fair that you're stuck with her."

"Shut your damn mouth." I say in a deathly cold tone.

Savannah has no idea the anger that stirred inside me the moment those words left her mouth. It surprises even me the amount of pure fury coursing through my veins. It's like the very gates of hell have been opened up.

What's happening to me?

My Beta just stares at me. So many emotions fly across her face that I can't distinguish one from another. She seems almost sad.

"You're going to accept her?" She asks in an even, measured tone. Her body is still as a stone.

What kind of a question is that? Is she crazy? Deranged?

"Of course I'm going to accept her." I say incredulously. As if my mate being a human would in any way deter me from accepting her. She's mine. She was made for me, and I for her. The pull is strong. The bond is forming. I can't turn my back on her. I'll never turn my back on her.

"But Hendrix is 18 years old." Hendrix? My mate's name is Hendrix? It's strange, completely off the wall, and yet it suites her. I can't stop thinking about her curly hair. Would it be as soft as it looked?

"I know you stopped aging when you were 34, but still, people seeing you with her? They'll think you're babysitting." I hate Savannah's reasoning. It's as if she's trying to convince me to give up a happy life with my mate.

Of course Hendrix being human will put a few kinks in the road, but it will all work out for the better. It has to. Because if it doesn't, I don't know what I'll do with myself.

✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰

If you're reading this, you're a beautiful person:)

     Sorry for the long delay, my amazing readers! I've had an eventful week.

     I had hoped to get up 2 chapters today, but that didn't work out. Chapter 10 is nearly complete. It should be up tomorrow!

     As always, drop your comments, questions, and predictions in the comments!! I love to hear from y'all❤️

     Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 54.5K 39
BOOK 1 He hovered over me in silence while I gathered my senses. "Why are you here Deacon?" I finally asked. I heard his gruff sigh before he knelt d...
5.6M 259K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
68.6K 1.8K 41
She is a rogue He is forgotten. Her father is the alpha of rogues. His father was the alpha of Strathclyde Pack. She treats everyone as filth, being...
13.4K 584 10
Witches. Most were eradicated during The Big Cleansing years ago. Those alive now hide amongst the monsters of the world: vampires, werewolves, and t...