Anpawman [BTS] โœ“

By moonvanjoon

[Hybrid AU] [โœ“] It was all supposed to be fun and games. He wasn't supposed to arrive late and get locked out... More

-Intro-
Prologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
XXX
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
Epilogue
Thank You

037

3.1K 172 27
By moonvanjoon

Control

Yoongi lazily lays on the couch in his small room, arm resting behind his head as he stares at the ceiling. Much to his surprise, the world is quieter than usual, until the soft hum of the vibration coming from his phone breaks him out of his trance, eyes narrowing as he reads the name on the screen.

Confused, Yoongi picks up after a few rings, his brows furrowing together as he hears the voice at the other end of the line.

"H-hyung?" Namjoon says pressing the bridge of his nose.

"What is it Namjoon-ah?" Yoongi says sitting up from his position on the couch, an arm holding him up on the couch while the other presses the phone closer to his face as he notices the strain in the detective's voice.

"I-I need your help." He says. "Are you at Anpanman?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll meet you there in a bit."

Yoongi anxiously paces around the room as he waits for the detective's arrival, practically running to the door almost as soon as he hears the knock.

As soon as Namjoon walks in he can sense that something is off, the detective's brown eyes glowing yellow as he looks at Yoongi.

"I don't know what's going on." Namjoon says, his body jerking forward as he steps into his room, almost losing his footing.

"Can you tell me what you're feeling?" Yoongi says helping the detective up as he guides him to the couch.

"My heart beat is accelerated and has been like that since last night, and my eyes haven't stopped glowing since." He explains giving him a worried look.

"What triggered it?"

"Jungkook got attacked." Namjoon says with a heavy sigh making Yoongi purse his lips, fists clenching at his sides, but he nods none the less as the detective explains what happened.

"Namjoon, what do EunMin, Tae and Kook mean to you?"

"They are my family." Namjoon replies without hesitation, making Yoongi nod and scratch his temple.

Yoongi's gaze shifts to the detective when he lets out a groan, his eyes glowing brighter as the pressure in his chest intensifies.

"Don't fight it Joon-ah." Yoongi says putting a hand on his shoulder. "That feeling is your instinct to protect your family. The more you fight it the worse it will get and the more you will lose control."

"It's not that hyung," Namjoon says lowering his gaze to the ground, "when I saw Jungkook attacked something in me...snapped, and I...I wanted to make sure that no one would hurt them...ever again." He says glancing at him, shame written on his face. "I wanted to ..." He doesn't need to continue because the eldest nods in understanding.

"I know that what you're feeling can be scary, but don't fight it Joon-ah. You're going to feel uncomfortable but just embrace the feeling, no matter how it makes you feel, can you do that for me?"

Namjoon swallows hard and nods in understanding, beads of sweat starting to form on his forehead as he shuts his eyes tight.

This is not good.

Yoongi watches as the detective struggles on the couch, his hands clasped together as the lines on his forehead become more prominent as his frown deepens, the veins on his neck sticking out.

Come on Joon-ah, you can do it.

The detective struggles for a few more minutes, which frankly feel like an eternity to Yoongi, who feels as his heart is going to combust as he waits for what's next, but when the detective tilts his head back and slowly exhales after holding his breath, his tense back muscles relax.

Namjoon sits up with a start, eyes wide as he coughs into his arm, his reaction equivalent to someone being woken up from a bad dream.

Judging by his reaction and return of the warm color of his eyes, Yoongi can tell that the detective managed to get in control.

"Better?" He asks and Namjoon nods his head.

"Alright, I'm going to teach you how to work with the counter part." Yoongi adds motioning for the detective to follow him.

Namjoon raises a brow but is quick to follow him, curious about what the eldest wants to teach him.

"So what is this counter part we are talking about?" Namjoon asks as he follows Yoongi down the long corridor.

"Well, remember how we talked about sometimes receding into our animal headspace?" Yoongi asks keeping his gaze to the front, continuing when he sees the detective nod out of the corner of his eye. "That's the counterpart, it's the instinct that we have in us." He explains and Namjoon nods, mouth slightly open as he processes the eldest's words.

"Different things can trigger it, as you may have noticed," he continues to explain, "and depending on the situation, that's how we react. Usually since we are born with that instinct we learn to use it as we grow, however in your case, we're going to have to test out what triggers you." Yoongi finishes with an abrupt stop, the detective almost running into him.

"Okay. How is that going to work?"

"Well, in order to see how much you are affected, first we need to test how much your senses were enhanced." Yoongi says leading Namjoon into one of the rooms.

"Okay, just tell me what I need to do."

"For now just sit on this chair." Yoongi instructs pointing to a chair in the middle of the room.

"I asked Jin hyung for help with this test." Yoongi explains from somewhere in the room, his voice distant and with a slight echo.

"Okay Namjoon-ah," Jin's voice says, "I'm going to play different sounds at different frequencies," the doctor explains, "every time you hear a sound please press the button located on your right. Give me an 'okay' sign when you're ready."

Namjoon looks to his right and finds a small remote with a button in the middle attached to the chair. Gently removing the tape, he takes it into his hand and looking around the room, he gives the okay sign, not really sure where to look.

"Okay, we'll be starting now." Jin announces.

At first, the detective doesn't hear anything and he has to look around the room to make sure everything is working, but then he hears it, a low sound, barely audible but still there. It's so faint that he almost forgets to press the button.

After that initial sound, another follows and then another, going lower and lower until the detective flinches, the remote flying out of his hand.

Noticing his reaction, Jin immediately stops the test, rushing out of the room to check on him.

"Namjoon? Are you okay?" Jin worriedly asks crouching down next to the detective who fell off the chair.

"I'm fine Jin hyung," Namjoon reassures giving him a small smile, "that frequency just hurt my ears, that's all."

"What's next?" Namjoon asks as he sees Yoongi's silhouette approaching.

"Next we test your sense of smell." Yoongi says offering him a hand, which Namjoon shyly takes as they move on to the next testing room. 

"Um this is as far as I can go." Yoongi says stopping as they reach the doorway. "Jin will help you with the rest."

"Alright Namjoon-ah," Jin says giving a smile, "for this test you have to guess what's inside the box based on scent. I'll record your answers as we go and give you your result at the end."

Namjoon looks at the boxes and nods, wiping his hands on his pants to keep them dry. He didn't know why but something about testing his enhanced senses was making him nervous, could be fail a test like this? After all, he didn't feel that different from before.

By the end of the test, Namjoon was starting to get dizzy, which did not go unoticed by Yoongi, who approaches the pair and places a supportive hand on Namjoon's shoulder.

"Alright, we can stop." Yoongi says turning to the doctor. "You did good Namjoon-ah." He reassures turning to the youngest who gives him a grateful nod.

"So, how did I do?"

"Well, according to the results," Jin says looking over the pages, exchanging a brief glance with Yoongi that made a knot form on Namjoon's stomach, "your senses are better than a regular human but not as good as a hybrid. Your most developed senses is your hearing." He adds offering him a small smile, the detective releasing a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Is that good?" The detective asks turning to Yoongi.

"Well," Yoongi starts, "it doesn't seem like you will really be affected by things like sounds and smells but you do have to be careful with the serum since your DNA was changed to an extent."

"Hyung, what exactly does the serum do?"

"It's made to target our animal DNA." Yoongi says. "That much is for sure. My guess is that they are trying to somehow overstimulate our senses so they can have better control over us, though judging by the results, it hasn't really been working out."

"What happens if you go out of control?"

"Bad things." Yoongi says shaking his head. "It's not only dangerous for those around the hybrid, it's dangerous for the hybrid itself, especially because they haven't gotten the dosage right."

"Ah." Namjoon says nodding his head, jaw slightly clenching as the detective thinks. It actually made a lot of sense.

Throughout the course of the last few hours, Namjoon had started to see Yoongi in a different light. He could see why all the hybrids look up to Yoongi and trust his lead, always coming to him for advice. The guy really knows a lot about hybrids, and he always seems to know the answer, and if he doesn't, it was evident that he somehow managed to gather intel to be well informed.

"Hyung, how would a hybrid react to this tests?" Namjoon asks, their conversation interrupted when they hear a familiar voice in the hallway.

"Ah, Jungkook! Perfect timing." Yoongi says crossing his arms as he nods. "Come over here for one sec."

The young boy gives him a confused look but goes to him, stopping a few feet away when a pungent smell reaches his nose.

"Agh. Hyung what is that?!?" Jungkook asks covering his nose.

"If you're sense of smell had been enhanced," Yoongi starts, "you would've reacted the same way Jungkook did."

"Oh." Is all Namjoon manages to say as the youngest reaches their side.

"Why would you do that hyung?" Jungkook asks glaring at the oldest through watery eyes.

"Sorry Kook-ah." Yoongi says with a small smile, giving the youngest a side hug.

Jungkook pouts in response but returns the hug, inhaling the sweet scent of the eldest. "Much better." He says with a smile.

"Did you bring a change of clothes?" Yoongi asks turning to the detective again.

"Yeah, I have one in my locker."

"Okay. Meet me in the gym in an hour."

"Where are you going hyung?" Jungkook asks following the eldest with his eyes.

"To take a power nap." Yoongi replies with a wave of his hand. "I need to recharge my battery."

With that he leaves the pair behind, who exchange an amused look before they head to the changing rooms to get ready for the next test.

🐾🐾🐾

Just like he said, an hour later, Yoongi waits for the detective on one of the mats in the gym, a hand on his chin as he thinks.

"I'm here hyung." Namjoon announces.

"Ah, you came. Good." Yoongi slightly nodding his head as he is broken out of his trance.

"What are we going to do now?"

"Now we are going to see what it takes for the counterpart to want to surface." Yoongi explains handing the detective a pair of gloves.

A physical reaction... Namjoon thinks to himself as he stares at the gloves, the events from the previous day briefly flashing in his mind.

"Are you ready?"

"I'm ready."

"Good." Yoongi says throwing the first punch, barely giving the detective any time to react, but much to his surprise, he manages to dodge it.

The hybrid continues jabbing at him with quick, swift moves, making it hard for the detective to see all his punches.

He's too fast.

Namjoon thinks to himself trying his best to hold his ground, taking in deep, long breaths as he tries to focus on his opponent's moves.

Much to Yoongi's surprise, the detective is able to keep up, getting the hang of his moves after getting hit a couple of times.

Heavy breaths resonate in their ears as their spar continues, both men intensely staring at each other as they circle around the mat, their eyes constantly reading each other for signs of an opening.

According to Yoongi's calculation, the detective should have shown some sort of reaction after getting hit and knocked to the ground a couple of times, but despite this, the detective kept his cool, his breaths even and controlled the whole time.

Meanwhile, near the gym, EunMin sets her things in her locker as she finishes changing.

His training should've started right? She wonders making her way to the gym, her eyes searching the gym for a familiar face.

"Noona! Noona!" An excited Jungkook calls out running to her as soon as he spots her. "Do you want to see the trick Jimin hyung taught me?" He asks bouncing in his place as he waits for her response.

"Show me." EunMin says with a smile.

Jungkook smiles in return and takes her hand, guiding her towards one of the mats in the center of the room.

"Watch this!" He says jumping a few times before he gets into position, jumping into action once EunMin sits down. Jungkook slightly smirks as he lands on his feet, satisfied with the look on EunMin's face, who watches in amazement as Jungkook does a perfect flip.

All she manages to say is "wow." Her mouth slightly open as she processes what he just did. "That was so cool Jungkook!" She exclaims with a smile.

Out of the corner of his eye, Jungkook sees Namjoon and Yoongi training, his lips curving into a smile as another idea comes to mind.

"Noona, do you want to spar?" He asks turning to the detective, who raises her brow at the prospect of a spar with the youngest.

"Sure." She says standing up, joining Jungkook on the mat as they both get into their stances.

Through their own spar, Namjoon occasionally glances at them with a smile, quickly coming back to focus as Yoongi continues his relentless attacks.

The more Yoongi continues to jab and attack, the more he realizes that it takes a lot for the detective to get mad, an to be quite frank, he was starting to get tired.

"Let's take a small break." Yoongi says wiping the sweat from his face.

"Okay." Namjoon says taking in a shaky breath, hands on his knees as he tries to catch his breath.

"How are you doing Namjoon?" Hoseok asks patting the detective's back.

"Doing good." Namjoon says with a small smile, his gaze landing on EunMin as she trains.

"Oh?" Hoseok says as he follows Namjoon's gaze, the spar between the two spiking his interest. "That looks like fun. Hey Jungkook-ah, can I join in the fun too?" Hoseok asks walking towards them.

"Of course hyung!" An excited bunny replies. "Can you show me a few tricks?"

"Ah JK! Of course I can! Just watch carefully."

EunMin stands on the side watching as Hoseok shows Jungkook new moves, but what surprises her even more is Jungkook's athletic ability, the boy replicating his moves perfectly on the first try. The boy can really learn things very quickly. EunMin notes, jumping when she feels someone behind her.

Tired, Taehyung sits on the blue mat, his hand grabbing EunMin's wrist to pull her down with him so that she's sitting between his legs, his arms wrapping around her waist as he rests his chin on her shoulder.

"Yah." EunMin says slightly smacking his arm. "I'm not a pillow Tae."

"Just for a bit EunMin-ah." Taehyung whines. "I'm tired from training, and Jimin already left." He adds with a pout.

"Okay, okay." EunMin says. "But just for a little bit."

"Yesss." Taehyung says pulling her closer.

After a few tricks and tips, Jungkook lays down on the mat, Hoseok crouching down next to him for a brief break.

"What do you say EunMin-ah?" Hoseok says turning to face her. "Wanna give it a go?"

"Pass." EunMin says with a small smile, gently elbowing Taehyung so he gets up. "I'm going to get some water. Do you want some?"

"Yes please." The three reply at the same time.

"Okay." EunMin says giving them the 'okay' sign as she stands up and leaves the matted area.

"Ready to continue?" Yoongi asks and Namjoon nods, raising his hands to eye level to continue with their match.

This time Yoongi takes it easy, his moves more relaxes as he notices the detective breathing heavier, fatigue evident on his body.

"Okay," Yoongi says under his breath, "time for plan B."

Out of the corner of his eye, he signals the hybrid, who nods his head and starts making his way towards the girl.

It couldn't be one of the boys because Namjoon new them well, it had to be someone else.

"Hi." The first hybrid the detectives ever helped says, startling EunMin who got distracted with Namjoon's training.

"Um hi." EunMin says curtly nodding at the hybrid.

"I know we haven't talked much but, I just realized that I never got to say thank you." He adds with a smile pause, the atmosphere turning awkward as they stand side by side. "Ah, my name is Myngsoo." He says scratching the back of his neck, a dimple appearing on his cheek as he offers a small smile.

"Nice to meet you Myungsoo." EunMin says, relaxing and smiling back. "How are you liking Anpanman so far?"

"It's good, better than any place we've ever been to."

"I'm glad to hear that." EunMin says with a smile.

"Hey, I know this is kinda random but, would you like to have a sparring match with me?"

"Oh? Um....sure?" She says, not really sure how to respond to such a random request.

"After you." He says letting her go first.

Namjoon's gaze follows the pair with a frown, groaning when he feels a punch on his arm.

"Focus Namjoon-ah." Yoongi says redirecting his attention.

"Sorry hyung." He apologizes, but he keeps glancing at them every once in a while.

Why is he being friendly all of the sudden? Namjoon wonders.

As the match progresses, EunMin lets out a yelp when Myungsoo hits the back of her leg, bringing them both to the floor, except that he does it with too much force, pinning her to the mat with his legs, his arm forcefully pressed against her throat.

"What are you doing?" EunMin grunts out surprised, her heart beating wildly inside her chest.

"Just go with it." Myungsoo whispers glancing at Namjoon and EunMin understands.

Namjoon frowns as he sees him on top of her, his heart clenching as images from the previous day come flashing to his mind, the pressures from Jungkook's attack, their unsolved case and the stress from the earlier test crashing on him like a heavy rock.

Namjoon grunts and falls of his knees as he feels an extreme energy surge, so powerful that it knocks him to the ground.

EunMin is ready to go to him but a gentle hand on her arm stops her, making him madder.

"Don't." Myungsoo says. "We need to see how far so he can go."

The detective, holds his chest as the burning sensation returns, but this time he welcomes it, and closing his eyes. he reaches out to it and embraces the strange feeling, just like Yoongi had instructed earlier.

After a few minutes of struggling, Namjoon tiredly lays on the mat, his body covered in sweat as he lays down, his chest rising and falling with heavy breaths.

"You good?" Yoongi asks offering a hand to help him up.

"Yeah." Namjoon says with a smile smile. "All good."

"Good." Yoongi says letting out a small sigh through his nose, giving up in the end and laying down next to him on the mat, his own body screaming exhaustion as well. "I can't believe you actually did it." He adds in disbelief, amazed with the detective's ability to adapt.

"Thank to you hyung." Namjoon says giving him a grateful smile.

"If you're really thankful, let's sleep for the rest of the day."

"I second that." Namjoon says with a chuckle.

Phew, I finally finished! This might be one of the longest chapters I've written for this story yet so it took a little more time to write but I hope you liked it^^
Thank you so much for reading lovelies! It makes my day to see that you are enjoying the story^^ I will try to have more updates for you soon~
~Van
(2020.05.02)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 258 16
โ™ค 'Everything that comes out of his mouth feels like a threat wrapped in velvet.' โ™ค โ—‡ NEW CHAPTER EVERY WEEK โ—‡ The moment you first laid eyes on him...
1.5M 67.1K 58
"Please don't use your puppy eyes on me." "Why? I'm cute when I do this!" You're living an ordinary life. Wake up, go to work and go to sleep. A rout...
78.4K 3K 13
"Welcome to the hybrid center. How may I help you?", said the pretty salesman. "I'm looking for another hybrid, I think mine is lonely.", answered Ji...
278K 11.3K 49
"YOU BELONG TO US" In a place where humans and hybrids barely co-exist, fate brings together the most unlikely of people, forcing them into awkward s...