Silly Chains of Mine (Soul Ea...

By xLuckyLocketx

Luna and Silver are the newest students in the DWMA, who aren't exactly your normal students. No one knows EX... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
NinjaLlamas soul eater moment
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
My solution to Crona's gender!!!!
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
*Christmas Special*
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Who is with who
*Christmas Special 2*
Slight delay
Chapter 19.5
CHALLENGE!
Chapter 20
Challenge winners!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 12

6.6K 163 30
By xLuckyLocketx

Chapter12

"Buuuuuuu~" My eyes turned into slits as I looked at the snake in the glass box.

"Luna, stop bending over!" Silver hastily came behind me and straightened my back.

"Why?" I said, still staring at the sneaky, blue snake.

He turned me around but I turned my head so I could continue staring. "Because your wound will open up again - and can you please look at me when I'm looking at you?"

I turned back to the glass box and kept eye contact with the snake. "I think he ate my cookie!" I hissed harshly at the snake. Sora just hissed back at me.

"If you don't like the damn snake then throw it out."

I put my body protectively over the glass case. "No! Don't touch my Sora!" I whined, pouting as I looked at the snake who now barred his sharp fangs at Silver.

"It belongs to a witch, why do you want to keep it!" He pointed his finger in Sora's direction.

"Sora is a he!" I yelled.

"How could you possibly know!?" He yelled back.

I froze, shell-shocked. "...'Cause he is?" I guessed.

"Luna!" He groaned.

"Well, sorry, I've never had a pet snake before!" I stomped over to the special cabinet we had built into the kitchen and took out a dead rat, holding it by its tail. I went back to the glass box, opened the lid and threw the rat in, happy to not touch that rotting creature anymore. Sora happily feasted on it, taking the whole rat in his mouth. "Eat up, Sora, so you can get big and strong!" I cooed.

"I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what we want." Silver said.

"Shush, he's my snake; I can do whatever I want with him." Giving Silver a wave of my hand I turned my head away stubbornly.

He shook his head and sighed. "Why Lord Death let you keep that thing in the first place, I'll never know." He mumbled.

I turned to him and gave him my most innocent smile. "Because I'm his fwavouwite niece." I said in a baby voice, swaying side to side.

He gave me a deadpanned look. "You're his only niece." He pointed out.

I clicked my fingers and winked at him. "Exactly."

*****

"I can't believe you're safe! I was so worried but father wouldn't let me come and see you and I was scared that you would be asymmetrical - I mean, permanently damaged after that battle!" Kid cried in front of me.

I punched him on the head. "YOU WERE ONLY WORRIED IF I HAD BECOME ASYMMETRICAL!? I COULD HAVE DIED, YOU IDIOT!" I screamed in his face.

He laughed nervously and held his hands in front of him. "Now, now, Luna, calm down; I was joking is all, just joking!" He said as if he was trying to calm a wild beast.

"Calm down!? How can I calm down when my-" I was cut off when my head started throbbing and I could hear a ringing noise. "Ow!" I moaned. "What just happened?" I asked Kid who was looking furiously at something behind me.

"Why did you do that to her!" He shouted.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Kid, who are you talking to?" I said cautiously.

"That girl who just hit you on the head with a giant hammer!" He said, pointing behind me.

I turned around and saw a girl with a giant black hammer resting on her shoulder. She had short blonde hair which ended at her chin and big violet eyes. Her tiny mouth was set in a scowl which ruined the innocent image her pixie-like face set. She was quite petite but stood her ground with great confidence.

She wore a white tank top with a red and black checkered skirt. She wore white and black striped knee-high socks and black military boots that had straps and went to the middle of her shin. She also had on a black jacket with fur on the edges and bear ears on the hood. The ears on her hood had an earring in them and she wore a black belt with a giant silver skull in the center.

(A/N: Here she is on the side, she looks so pretty, doesn't she? ——->)

"Why'd you hit me?" I asked dumb-founded.

"I've been watching you, Luna, I know your little secret." Was all she said before stalking off, hauling her giant hammer behind her.

She knows my secret...

She knows my secret...?

She knows my secret?

She knows my secret!?

This is bad, real bad, no one should know our secret. If it gets out then we're done for!

I need to find that girl and get her to keep quiet...

"Luna, are you alright? Are you seriously injured? Will it affect your other wound? Do you know that girl? Why did she hit you? I'm gonna kill her the next time I-" He rambled on with questions.

"I'm fine, no I'm not, no it won't, no I don't, I don't know, and calm down, Kid, no need to go overboard!" I answered his questions at once, feeling light-headed for speaking without taking a breath. I took deep breaths to try and calm down my beating heart. "I-I gotta go, Kid, see you 'round." I said briefly before dashing into the school in search for Silver.

*****

Okay, think, Luna, think. There has to be something else she's talking about. It can't be your secret, you haven't used it yet. But if it's not that, then what? I don't any other secrets...so what is she on about?

I thought as my legs moved forward on their own accord.

I've never seen her before so that means she never used to live on our old town as I knew everyone that lived there. Since I'm still kinda new to this city, I don't know that many people so she be talking about something we had done while we were here. But if she's been following us around I would've known about it. The only way I wouldn't of been able to detect her soul in particular is at school during school hours. That lowers it down to how she might know a secret but that doesn't help what she said at all.

I groaned and slapped both my cheeks. "Calm down, Luna, it's obviously nothing." I whispered to myself, shaking my head. "First of all, I have to find Silver so we can sort this whole thing out."

As if on cue, Silver came strolling out of a classroom with his head stuck in a book. "Oh, so that's how you tell the difference between a male and female snake...I don't think Luna wants to find out then..." He murmured to himself as he looked more closely at the book.

"Silver!" I called out. His head snapped up and he looked left and right before his eyes finally landed on me waving frantically at him. He quickly hid the book behind his back but I couldn't be worried about that right now, I have bigger problems.

"Snake book? Haven't got a clue what you're going on about, love." He said nonchalantly, turning his head and looking everywhere but me.

"I couldn't care less about that, we have bigger problems!" I put both hands on his cheeks and faced him towards me.

He frowned as he looked at me. "What do you mean?"

"Listen, there's this girl and she-" I stopped in mid-sentence and looked around. There were too many people around. I grabbed his hand and dragged him to what I hoped was an empty room. Once the door was securely shut I turned to Silver who was looking as confused as ever.

"Luna, what's going on?"

"A girl came up to me today and said that she knew my secret. What secret is she talking about, Silver, we only have one secret but there's too much logic that she doesn't know about that - I just don't know what to do if she actually knows." Silver quickly rushed forward to catch me as my knees buckled. My body shook with sobs and I put a hand over my mouth to muffle the sobs.

Silver rocked me back and forth, whispering comforting words which had little effect. "Don't worry, Luna, she wouldn't know. We haven't spoken about it in real words since we came here so how could she know?"

"That's what I've been thinking, but that's the only secret we have. There's nothing else that it could be based on!" I cried hysterically into Silver's shoulder.

"Okay, okay, okay, tell me this; who was this girl? Did she have a name? What does she look like? Tell me everything." And so, I told him everything that happened this morning and added a few of my theories into it as well.

This is truly the third time I have ever been this scared in my entire life. I'm starting to regret coming to Death City now; ever since we came here, we've just been finding out more and more things and digging a deeper hole for ourselves. Sometimes the thought 'Some things are better left alone' goes through my head and I start to regret even thinking that coming here was a good idea, even in the slightest.

Silver sighed and pulled me closer to him. "Don't worry, baby, everything's going to be fine." He whispered in my ear, "Everything's going to be fine. We'll find this girl and make her keep quiet. Our secret - your secret - won't get out, I'll make sure of that." He said confidently, pulling a hyperventilating me closer.

*****

I've been waiting in the cafeteria for an hour; I got a message from the mystery girl to meet her here. I don't know what good will come from this but I hope that she won't breathe a word...

"So you showed up, I see." A sly voice said behind me.

I cautiously turned around to see her leaning on the wall, smirking at me. A smaller girl stood next to her; she had short jet black hair and wore a simple black tee with white ripped jeans. She kept her head down low and she was frowning slightly.

But I kept my focus on the girl from this morning. My eyes narrowed by instinct and clenched my fists. "What do you want?" I hissed.

She tilted her head to the side in a taunting manner, her smirk growing wider. "I heard that you got attacked by a witch a couple weeks ago." She said calmly.

My hand automatically went to my wound and my mouth was set in a tight line. "What of it?"

She pushed herself from the wall and crossed her arms over her chest. "Because of your 'injury'," She air-quoted the word injury, "It seems that you've been getting quite a lot of attention."

"Yeah, so?" I said, confused by all the mixed vibes this girl gave off.

She gritted her teeth and glared at me. "I know what you're up to, and trust me, it's not going to work." She said suddenly in a loud voice. People started to look our way and gave questioning looks.

"I think it's best that we have this conversation in private." I insisted, walking outside of the cafeteria.

"Hey, don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you!" She shouted behind me.

"I said we need to speak in a more private area instead of a crowded space!" I shouted back.

"Why? What are you so afraid of? Is this secret that important to you!?" She said ludicrously.

I growled in frustration and stormed into an empty classroom. The girl and the smaller girl stepped into the classroom; the smaller girl coming in much more calmly and gracefully, of course.

"Sit down, shut up, and listen!" I demanded and she obliged - albeit reluctantly. "Now listen, since you know about my 'secret' then you should know more than anyone just how important it is. This secret has to be kept a secret - and I swear, if you even give a hint of my secret to anyone, I will not hesitate you hunt you down and kill you." The look of utter fear in her eyes made me snap out of it. My hands went to my mouth but I didn't want to say that I didn't mean it. I meant every word I spoke to her. I wouldn't hesitate; that's how much this means to me.

"K-Kill me? C'mon, you can't be serious...you can't kill me - it's against the law to kill another human being, whether or not you take their soul." She spluttered, a weak laugh coming from her mouth. Even the girl who stood next to her looked terrified.

I turned my gaze onto the other girl. Her eyes widened. "That goes for you too." My voice was weak and I hated myself on the inside. This is exactly who I do not want to become. I do not want to resort to threats. It takes all my energy just to put on a smile.

She abruptly stood up and the chair fell on the floor with a loud crash. "All this just because of a stupid secret!?" I could see the panic in her eyes. The panic that I had not seen in many years. It made my heart go fuzzy. My conscious yearned for those feelings.

My eyes were hard as they stared back at the other girl. "Yes."

"How could you find this amusing!" She slowly started walking backwards, towards the door.

I tilted my head to the side. "Now, doesn't this feel a bit like déjà vu?" I asked. It was then that I noticed that I was smiling. I was enjoying the fact that they were afraid of me. It gave me a sense of power...

So this is what she meant....

"Just don't breathe a word; you'll be safer that way." I took a step forward when they took a step back.

At that moment, the door burst open. "Luna, come to your senses!" Silver came into the room and stormed straight to me. He grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me violently, my head bobbing back and forth. "Both of you stay right there!" He turned his head and shouted. The two girls stopped in their tracks and stood stock-still, shaking in terror.

The smile was still on my face as I stared back the two girls. "I'll behave, Silver, I promise." I said, except it didn't sound like me; I sounded like I wanted nothing more than to wreak havoc.

"Don't let it control you, Luna. Fight against it!" He said, his voice low so that only I could hear.

Slowly, the smile faded and instead was replaced by a frown. "That's the girl who knows."

**Silver's POV**

"That's the girl who knows." She said and pointed at the girls behind me. I couldn't care less about those girls though. They were unimportant. I only cared about Luna, I have to try my best. She's starting to lose it here, I knew that we shouldn't have come here in the first place, she's starting to lose her will to stay sane.

So this is what she meant...

I looked closely at Luna who was frowning. I sat her down on a chair and got down to eye-level; with her. "Sit here and don't move or speak, okay? If you do, then I'm afraid I won't be able to help the demon inside you." I whispered, putting a strand of hair behind her ear. Her frown deepened but she nodded nevertheless.

I stood up and turned to the girls who looked questioningly at us. "What is it about our secret that you know? Tell me everything."

The girl with blonde hair gulped and opened her mouth to speak. "She's manipulating the people around her. I bet she's even manipulating you." She said.

"What do you mean?" This didn't sound anything like our secret.

"I bet the whole witch thing was a fake just for her to get the attention of Lord Death's son."

"Right." I said, both my eyebrows raised. Now I know for a fact that these girls know nothing of our secret.

"She's trying to keep all the hot guys for herself! Kid follows her around like a lost puppy, Soul tries to get closer to her and Black Star keeps trying to get her attention! This is all part of her plan!"

I snorted and put a hand over my mouth to stifle my fits of laughter. Luna started laughing from behind me and the blonde girl look confused as she looked back and forth between Luna and me. "Is that seriously what you think the secret is about?" Luna said between her laughing.

"I thought I heard your voice in here." Kid stood at the door with Patti and Liz beside him. "What's going on?" He asked when he saw Luna sprawled out on the floor, trying to catch her breathe in-between laughs.

"S-S-She thinks you're in love with me!" Luna was finally able to say, pointing at the girl.

Kid looked up as he put a finger on his chin. "Well, I do love you, but I'm not in love with you; that would just be gross."

"Exactly!" Luna shouted.

"But it's true though, isn't it!? You just said so!" The poor girl tried to convince us.

"Hahahaha, this girl thought that they were in love with each other!" Patti screamed out and fell on the floor in fits of laughter, exactly like Luna.

"He's her cousin, of course he loves her." Liz said, scratching her head as she looked strangely at the girl. The girl's face was priceless as her face turned the most vivid red I had ever seen. "Hey, haven't I seen you somewhere before? What was your name again? Naki? Naru? Nami?"

"My name's Nanami." She said quietly. Even the girl who sat beside her laughed silently.

Liz shrugged. "Close enough."

"I can't believe that you never knew that! It was going around the school since she started!" The black-haired girl said.

"Shut it, Amaya!" She hissed to the other girl.

"Hey, Nanami, do you have a crush on my cousin or something?" Luna asked and the girl's face got even brighter. Luna's mouth formed an 'O' and she looked at Kid. "Well, Kid, what do you think? She is kinda cute...and she's symmetrical as well!"

Kid looked ludicrously at Luna. "But she hurt you!" He argued.

Luna held up a finger. "Only because she liked you that much." She counter-acted.

Kid looked over the blonde girl and I could see the tiniest hint of a blush appear on his face. "Fine, but only because you asked."

"Aw, that's mean, Kid, you gotta ask her out properly." Luna whined.

"I can't do it with all of you just looking at me!" He groaned, his face as red as Nanami's.

"Alright, alright, everybody out!" Luna ushered everyone out of the room and shut the door.

I opened the door and pulled her out of the room. "That includes you too, nosey."

"Aww!" She moaned. I closed the door, leaving Kid and Nanami alone.

After a while of standing around and waiting Kid and Nanami came out, both their heads down low. "She said yes." Kid said, embarrassment clear in his voice.

Luna and Patti jumped up and threw the pieces of shredded paper up in the air as make-shift confetti.

I'm glad that Luna's back to herself...for the time being.

*****

**Luna's POV**

"It's getting out of control again, isn't it?" I asked Silver, my voice no higher than a whisper.

He sighed. "Looks like it."

I kicked the ground beneath my feet and swung a little on the swing. "I'm sorry that you're stuck with me."

He smiled at me. "You don't have to be sorry, I like a challenge."

I felt my face heat up and I looked down, my hair covering my face from his view. "Shut up." I said. "And what do you mean 'challenge'? That's rude."

"You either stick with it or abandon it." He said.

"I think I'll abandon the label 'challenge'. I'd rather be labelled as an adventure, not a challenge."

He chuckled. "Yeah, that suits you more than 'challenge'."

***************************************************************************************************

I feel like I'm being really mean to Luna v.v it's not fair to her. Aw damn she got angryyyyyy!!!!!!

So I guess this chap just tells you how important her secret is to her and Silver.

Anyways hope you like this chap and that the pages make up for the long wait....how many pages is this one anyways???

AAAAANNNNYYYYWWWAAAYYYSSS hope you liked it~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 176 19
After the fall of Asura (Anime version), everyone is dealing with many situations in different ways: Old memories from his past haunt Death Scythe...
6.6K 178 50
You have been a great miester until your last fight with Medusa the Witch. Your partner had died. Your partner did have a very weak body, but was a v...
964 42 21
This story is basically about a wolf witch named Luna who was challenged by the three best Meisters with their Weapons. Luna defeats them and asks to...
127K 4.9K 18
It's been a while since the fight with the Kishin was finished. The team has rested and had a week to take a break to recover. However, the fight isn...